Bring4th

Full Version: How to communicate it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine at one time kind of invited me to speak and explain in front of a group of people what I believe, why I believe it. He feels it could be valuable. He recently reminded me of it and suggested it again...

I don't doubt for a second that the experience would be valuable to me. It's the audience I'm concerned about Tongue These are mostly young witches pagans and shamen. That's the crowd he does things for.

It got me to thinking how would I communicate my insights. Then it got me thinking about what insights I would want to communicate. Then it got me thinking to what goal if any I would have with all of this.

It's not immediately obvious is it? Tongue

So my question to you people is if you had 15 minutes of someones life, about what could you tell them that could improve their life. And at the same time does not require years of preparation. The Law of One in a broader perspective, the perspective we all together bring to this forum. Not just the Law of One, there's bashar, wilcock and many others that frequently pop up in passing, about the subjects like the changes, et's and the embracing of love and accepting self.

The whole goal is just to deliver something that is fun to think about. Not to convert or challenge or something that is complicated and requires drawings with arrows. These people go there to enjoy themselves with fellow witches for a day. Preferably something immediately or spontaneously applicable if the situation arises.

I've been breaking my head over it. I don't know if I will accept this friends invitation. But I definitely got fascinated by the puzzle. And I would love any and all insights or spontaneous thoughts you have. My problem is that for me I started to take it serious because so many different signals started pointing me in the same direction. So I don't think I can start at the beginning. Jumping right in is going to be very far out for many of them.
I'd suggest to find out first what do you want to get out of that experience, and whether or not you feel compelled to share in detail the things you believe...then take it from there...

fairyfarmgirl

What is the topic for the evening? Narrow it down to 5 talking points and then speak about it. Another topic to consider is what makes a hero? How is one Heroic in the highest possible sense. Heroic means living life as high of state of Love and finding a way to help that is in alignment with the aspects and principles of Unity Consciousness or Oneness or the Law of One.

The principles of Unity Consciousness are easy to name... it is all the words associated with LOVE with all Capital Letters (meaning Divine Love)

You could even make that part of the presentation audience partipant... by having the youth shout out Unity words... and then discuss them with them based on your understanding of the principles.

That is just some suggestions... lol. I Love teaching this stuff!

fairyfarmgirl
if it were me, for a young audience, i would explore the concept of free will
hi Ali

i think i would talk about 2012 and the fact that there is going to be a
split in humanity. and that the split is based on the choices we make
now. i would explain the difference between sts and sto and make it
clear that regardless of their belief system, whether they are a witch or
not they can use their energy for good or for evil. hence the existence of
both black and white magic. the choice is theirs. and make it clear that our choice now determines our future for many thousands of years.

norral
Hi Ali Quadir,

I think I would start by meeting them where they are...find out ahead of time what they "believe" and start at that point.

From what I understand, pagan religions are very earth-based and follow the cycles of nature. So I would start by talking about earth, her birth process, and the galactic cycles, and tie it in that way. Speaking about our role in the planetary birthing of 4-d you could talk about our work in consciousness, what we are doing in 3rd density, our choice, our oneness.

What a great opportunity...you are going to be AWESOME. Relax and enjoy it!
Hey Ali,

I would definitely make the LOO a central point in your discussion, simply by virtue that it is such a profound work and yet so completely unknown to most people, even the dedicated new age sort. You are also in a good position to do so since you have read and at the very least have had a while to think about the topics therein. (The degree to which we understand the work is relative for each of us). I agree with Shemaya in that I would try to find a subject that has direct relevance to your audience and then speak about it from your LOO oriented manner of thinking, applying quotes or concepts where you can. Or you could offer them some philosophical problem that is well established, such as the "Would you kill the big guy?" question. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/docume..._one.shtml) And then speak about what you feel Ra might have answered.

The Law of One is a huge subject and in 15 minutes you can't possibly hope to make more than a scratch in to it, at least not without completely confusing everyone Smile So the most you can do I think is give them a taste and if they're interested you can give them the L/L website. Not that your mission is to convert anyone of course. But your being asked to speak and your intuitive sign posts towards speaking may be a form of 'calling' for the knowledge, if you will. Lord knows there are hardly any LOO followers in comparison to the major religions. We're all LOO priests in that sense. Or at least keepers of a sacred text!

Please let us know how it goes, whatever you do! Are you going to be recorded? Maybe you could post your talk here afterwards? I'd love to hear it. Oh- and I haven't forgotten your e-mail by the way. A reply is on my list. Smile
I agree with Shemaya…you need to feel out your audience first. Find out where “they” are. Briefly. Let them talk a bit about themselves…engage them in a conversation, then segue into your discussion. I don’t know that you can effectively give someone the LOO in a nutshell in that amount of time...so I'd go for a tenet of the LOO instead.

But like some have discussed, you might have several topics in mind after you engage your audience. STO/STS is a good one, I think. If your audience can compare their beliefs with yours and find some sort of common ground, you’ll be on the way to a discusssion as opposed to a speech. If people feel like they are being “ talked with” instead of “talked to”…they’ll be a lot more receptive.

Richard
Thanks for the insights. I've definitely heard a few good starting points. Fairyfarmgirl I love your hero suggestion, though I think it would make a fine topic on our forum as well Smile

I do know the audience. In the sense that I've been hanging around this group for some 10 to 12 years now. I do not know them intimately I'm an outsider with a familiar face because I never became a pagan in that sense and thus, logically I've not I've spoken to them in forums and met some of them in real life. Just to clarify these people are on average between 20 and 30. I'm not sure what the age limits for the word youngster are Lorna. Smile

I'm a little worried about the STS STO polarity. I know for a fact if I come up with this from the start a few will roll their eyes and think here's the next moralist. Just like you predict Richard Wink Especially with pagans in europe there is almost always a basis of "I released myself from this judgmentalism of the traditional religions" And they're on the lookout for that... With some justification of course. But coming from the perspective of the Law of One it'd be okay I think. Especially because it's preaching to the converted, they have a few sayings like "If it harms no one do what you want" They tend to think about the subject in a more concrete manner and have only few abstractions compared to the Law of One.

If anything comes of it I'll be sure to post a follow up. But for the next few months this is unlikely because the next meeting would be an inopportune time, that'll be halloween. However as part as my personal growth I'm going to continue thinking about how I would do this. Thanks everyone, for the advice and your friendship.
Have you read either chapter one of Don Elkins' unfinished book on the Law of One or his speech about what he'd learned from the Ra contact? In both cases you can see him floundering a little trying to answer your question, but it might be interesting for you to see what he came up with.

http://www.llresearch.org/origins/accele...ution.aspx
http://www.llresearch.org/speeches/speec..._0421.aspx
Hi Ali,

Wonderful topic, as always. I would suggest that the best approach is a dialogue, rather than a speech or a presentation. I like the process of letting things unfold as they will based upon the free will choices that occur in the room at the time.

I might start things off with the following:

"I have spent many years of my life reading, exploring, observing, learning and pondering the underlying meaning of life. I will not say that I have the answers for any of you, but I will say that I have cobbled together a very satisfactory understanding for myself. I am here tonight to share that understanding with you, in whatever detail you wish. First however, I would ask each of you to enter into this exercise with the commitment to yourselves not to accept anything I say, based upon my saying it. If something does not feel right, then simply set it aside. If nothing that I say resonates with you, then please feel free to leave at any time. Even if something makes perfect sense to you, I still implore you to examine it fully. Try it on. Wear it around a little, before you adopt it as your own."

"I will start with a statement that in its essence summarizes my understanding:

'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, because in reality we are all one and the same'.

I will now entertain questions from anyone on any topic you may have related to my understanding."

I would then let the conversation go wherever it wants. Depending on the audience, there a few questions you can pretty much expect:

- Why are we here?
- Is there a God?
- Why is there good/evil?
- Is there one (more or mostly) correct religion?
- Is there reincarnation?
- Is there magic?
- What is the significance of 2012?

By having it as a dialog, you avoid it being a monologue. You also place yourself in the role of teach/learner rather than "presenter" and them in the role of learn/teacher rather than "audience".

Just my two cents,

3D Sunset

fairyfarmgirl

Ali-- the whole sticky STS/STO subject is neatly illustrated and circumvented by speaking about what are the true qualities of a Hero. The god and goddesses of antiquity show this as do myths and legends. King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake comes to mind etc.

A hero by their very nature illustrates STO qualities. Everyone is capable of being a hero.

fairyfarmgirl
3D, have you had such conversations with groups of people before?
(09-09-2010, 05:01 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]3D, have you had such conversations with groups of people before?

On a few occasions, but with small groups of between 1-4 people, where the discussion happened impromptu. And, yes I did use a similar (but more informal) approach.

The nice thing about this approach is that it lets the audience throttle and steer the discussion. If you start to talk about anything, especially transitory material, without being led there, then you give the impression that you are describing a hierarchy of things most important to your belief system. In reality, you are describing a complex interrelationship of ideas and experiences that led to your beliefs. The audience needs to weave a similar "tapestry of ideas" together into their own cohesive story. This cannot be done in a single or even a dozen sessions, because everyone's tapestry is different, and indeed, everyone's is already being weaved. So the objective of the evening should be to give the audience some more scraps for them to consider integrating into their design.

I think the Hero approach that fairyfarmgirl suggested is another good way to let the audience steer the discussion, and puts the presenter in more of the role of facilitator. The bottom line to me is - approach it from the position of helping them discover their own truth,through sharing aspects of yours.

3D Sunset
Since you only have 15 minutes, I would probably use it to "introduce" the LOO to them in anyway it seems to correlate to their beliefs. Find the similarity of belief. Only then would they become "interested" in it's teaching. Breadcrumbs....
βαθμιαίος thanks for those links, I'll read them and it sounds like it would be good to follow Don's thoughts in the same matter....

I don't exactly have "only or exactly" 15 minutes. I don't think any of that is carved in stone. You should imagine firepit stories before imagining slideshows Smile But 20 minutes is the natural attention span for a human being. I figured it would be a good point to let a talk develop into a dialog around that time.

I'm really much stronger in dialog, I have a tendency to mess up time completely, everything comes out in various chronological orders at the same time. Smile
Personally I think you'll encounter problems with the Law of Confusion when talking to a large group. People will space out or think in tangents to what you're trying to explain and then there's always the god damn Devil's Advocates who are unable to stay quiet, bless their hearts. I would for sure stay away from STS and STO topics because I think we're past that time already. The Hero approach is interesting but I think a bit too extreme in the sense that we're only human and elevating from human to hero status is a pretty big mental hurdle.

Since you're going to be talking to witches and shaman types I'd probably focus on stuff like Sacred Geometry. You know start with the Star of David and talk about fractals. Come with some visuals, stuff they should know about and can relate to and at the same time answer questions that come up. Provide them a handout with links so they can do the research when they get home. Basically you should think of it like a movie trailer and try to have some fun with it and avoid the doom and gloom. Promote the self discovery because that's what it's all really about.
(09-11-2010, 08:34 AM)CarlS Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're going to be talking to witches and shaman types I'd probably focus on stuff like Sacred Geometry.

The idea of gearing your talk to your audience makes good sense. A topic from Ra that they might appreciate is white magic, which can also lead into lots of other interesting discussions.
(09-08-2010, 04:02 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Jumping right in is going to be very far out for many of them.

Wow, what an amazing opportunity!

Others have already made some wonderful suggestions. I might add to that some of the tips Ra gave for dealing with negative greeting (salt, LBRP, etc. but ultimately forgiveness) and the nature of negative greeting (catalyst). This might be a good starting point since they might be accustomed to thinking of negative greeting as something to ward against.

Truthfully, I don't think you need to worry about being too 'far out.' If the audience were fundamentalist religious people, then I'd be concerned about putting your thoughts into terms they can relate to.

But since the audience is Pagans, shamans, etc. I really don't think you need to be concerned, since they are obviously very open-minded to begin with. I suggest just speaking from the heart and trust that they will receive that which is resonant with them. I don't think Pagans and shamans will get all worked up if something is said they don't agree with. They're accustomed to being on the other side of that fence and won't subject someone else to it.

You have an opportunity to share some really cool info with some cool people who just might really appreciate it. I think I'd just let it flow.
(09-09-2010, 02:12 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Have you read either chapter one of Don Elkins' unfinished book on the Law of One or his speech about what he'd learned from the Ra contact? In both cases you can see him floundering a little trying to answer your question, but it might be interesting for you to see what he came up with.

http://www.llresearch.org/origins/accele...ution.aspx
http://www.llresearch.org/speeches/speec..._0421.aspx

THANK YOU for the links!
Just talk about yourself. What has been your journey like so far? What struggles you have faced and how do you come to be what you are today? Any significant experiences you have had so far including Law of One? Do it for 5 minutes and then leave the rest for questions and answers... This will get them related to you on a human experience level. as they have all seen that struggle and can relate to finding or trying to find meaningful answers. This will also give them your perspective on life, that is why you are invited I suppose...