Bring4th

Full Version: The spiritual journal/magical diary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve only just begun to realize the value of keeping a magical diary. It is a journal in which we record our processes, works, meditations, contemplations, etc. I utilize the journal after my morning meditations. In fact I had just finished conducting an experiment that I believe was aided by my keeping of the journal! Had I not been using the journal I may have not completed the 2 week experiment. (The experiment was one week of not calling upon Guidance to aid my meditations vs. a week of calling upon guidance. The purpose of the experiment was to try and perceive the conditioning vibration more clearly.)

So I am just finding the magical diary to be very helpful. Right now, I’m trying out different meditation postures for a week or two at a time to observe the effects. I’ve noticed that in the standing position or “wand” posture I am more focused. I’ve noticed that after the wand posture and I sit down, my mind is clearer and my body is much more still and easier to keep still.

One can note all of these interesting observations in one’s seeking with the spiritual/magical diary. Similar to the dream diary in which we note our dreams.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all as it has been helpful to me, and I hope that it can also be helpful to others.

Any thoughts on the magical / spiritual journal? Do you keep one?
I have like 5 different files with different parts of my spiritual journey in them. I find them worthwhile. I have some that I dropped and stopped using because they were shown to be false and misleading information that I once thought was true. My walk with God, anthros, and other things. The things that mean the most to me.

My biggest thing is learning not to become attached to any one experience. Don't look to the past to try and experience that again. Keep moving forward.
(04-15-2018, 09:33 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts on the magical / spiritual journal? Do you keep one?

congrats on taking your spiritual seeking in such a serious way.  It can't help but produce results.

I document my own Understandings as well.

It really does help to 'crystallise' things.
I keep a spiritual diary and write from time to time in the morning. But there are moments of sudden inspiration when I don't have time for writing. If possible I record short ideas on piece of paper or even in my smartphone and expand on them later in my diary.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." (Socrates)
Keeping a journal of any aspect of our lives seems to be one of the most effective ways to become more mindful in that area. Supposedly, if someone is trying to manage their weight, keeping a journal is the most effective way to eat healthier. You don't even have to try to eat healthier, it just comes naturally from logging everything you eat. Same with every other aspect of our lives that we'd like to improve - keeping a sleep log helps regularize sleep habits, keeping a dream journal helps to make dreams clearer, logging exercise helps develop exercise habits. 

I think the reason is that many of these things will easily slip into unconsciousness without having an effect on our conscious awareness. By simply acknowledging things and bringing it to the forefront of our awareness, we are naturally able to find better paths for ourselves in these areas. 

When I have kept regular journals I have found it very effective. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at maintaining new habits. Maybe I should keep a journal of how well I'm journaling. 
Ah I've tried a few times and it always seems to fall away. I just feel like anything I would want to write for others I will put in a book and I have a good memory for my own experiences.