Bring4th

Full Version: Experience - keys to improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:It is so that catalyst yields experience. However, through free will and the faculty of imperfect memory catalyst is most often only partially used and the experience thus correspondingly skewed. (Ra)

Recently a new thread about spiritual diary was posted. I think it's a good tool to supplement the imperfect memory and learn more.

Another key would be developing willpower. I think the prerequisite is mindfulness - focus in the now, expansion of awareness and the field of choices, simpler lifestyle ...

Some encouraging quotes:

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." (Viktor E. Frankl)

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." (Aldous Huxley)

"My response is my responsibility." (Emerson Eggerich)

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"
“Martha, Martha, the Lord replied, “you are worried and upset about many things. But only one thing is necessary."
(Jesus)