Bring4th

Full Version: Reflecting on a Quarter Century
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

Well, sometime around 2 am this morning I turned 25. I've officially been around for a quarter of a century now. It seems like a milestone year, for some reason, and I felt like it might be good for me to review what I've learned in this incarnation so far. Here was what I came up with:

1. It is far better to endure the pain of brutal honesty than to be lost in the false pleasure of self-deception.

2. Sometimes you just aren‘t going to feel the love in the moment you are in, but that doesn't mean it goes away. It waits patiently beside you until your heart opens again.

3. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. If we were meant to do it all on our own, God would only have created one person.

4. There is a darkness in everyone. To ignore it is to ask for disaster. There is also a spark of light...to reach for it is the key to understanding.

5. Wallowing in self-judgment is about as effective as trying to use doughnuts for tires.

6. It is in the moments of greatest pain that love can be felt the strongest. It is in moments of fear when hope extends its hand. It is in moments of loneliness that the presence of the One is obvious. It is when night is darkest that light takes a stand.

7. Being in a balanced state does not necessarily involve floating in a constant euphoria of enlightenment. It involves doing what you can with what you have, taking it one moment at a time.

8. Having someone do you wrong is one of the greatest opportunities to do right in the world. There is no service more powerful than forgiveness.

And much more, I’m sure. Hopefully a couple kernels of wisdom got knocked into my head somewhere along the way. Anyway, it’s been great. Here’s to the future!
Hey Ahktu,

Happy Birthday!!! *<(:]

All really good advice.
Hope you have a good one. Smile
To Ahktu:

Happy 25th Birthday.

-Regulus
Happy 25th Ahktu BigSmileBigSmile

really great thoughts !!!

norral
Happy Birthday x
What a wonderful post, very much full of wisdom
Well done! Those observations should be engraved on a large stone somewhere.
Happy Birthday!!

I hope you have a great day ahktu, and thank you for sharing your insights. Wow, if that is what you've gotten so far out of your experiences, you are going to have so much wisdom to share in the next 75 years! We are all blessedSmile

fairyfarmgirl

Happy 25th Birthday, Ahktu! LOL for your list especially the tires as donuts wisdom! I really laughed out loud for that one... So much imagry and so little time! BigSmile

Here is a song for you!TongueBigSmile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogsDCvh1fY

fairyfarmgirl
Happy Birthday!

Lovely reflections. Adore the donut's comment too BigSmile

Brittany

Thanks, everyone!

I also forgot one:

9. Remember to have FUN!
Happy Birthday Ahktu !!!

Loved each one of your pearls of wisdom. Communicated straight from your heart to another heart...
Happy birthday. You are WAY ahead of where I was at age 25. Just about every mistake I made at 25 would not have happened, if I had understood these things.

You should be very well equipped for a more profound life. You have what it takes to make your mistakes at a far higher level than mine. Wink
Well, happy birthday, you oldie!! I agree with everyone here. Those nuggets of wisdom are exceptionally bright and clear!