Bring4th

Full Version: The Primacy of Consciousness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peter Russell, had a most excellent speech about the primacy of consciousness.

He does a great job explaining why consciousness is so different from the rest of reality, and why we cannot apply the same rules of logic and reason on it that we can apply to, for example, gravity. He also explains how we're currently experiencing a paradigm shift from the materialistic viewpoint to one that requires consciousness at it's center.

Kudos to Lavazza, it was his topdocumentaryfilms site where I found this.
Thanks Ali, but the credit really goes to Peregrinus, as I discovered the site from a documentary he linked. Wink Fantastic website, I'll probably never get through all the great documentaries there.

I've listened to a few lectures from Mr. Russell, and I agree he is an inspired speaker. I haven't seen this one though- I will check it out.
A fantastic lecture indeed. Russel is exceedingly structured in his presentation, with not even a single 'um' or 'ah' to note. One can learn much from him in that regard alone.

The ending quote is marvellous, it describes the densities perfectly.

Ibn Al-Arabi Wrote:God sleeps in the rock, dreams in the plant, stirs in the animal, and awakens in man.
I agree, an excellent sharing of information.

Thanks for reposting that last quote. I hadn't related it to densities, and it's much more impacting.
Wished I had taken notes, as there were quotes that stood out, but can't remember them now.