Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wonder why you dreamt germany.

Brittany

Ocean, I've already received in depth medical evaluations, and the doctors have come up with a lot of fancy ways of saying they don't have a clue what's wrong with me. Tongue

I had a ton of dream last night, and all of these seemingly unrelated pieces just sort of flowed into each other.

First I was in the downtown part of some city, and I found my mom's sister sitting on a bench or something. She was young and beautiful again, and very nice to me, which was a surprise since she pretty much wants nothing to do with the rest of the family. My mom came up, too, and we were all doing fun stuff. It kind of scares me because that is the same way I saw one of my friends right after she died...she appeared to me in a dream but she was full and healthy again. We haven't heard from her in years...I hope she's okay.

The next thing I know I was out in the country with one of my friends, and apparently I did something bad. I can't remember what I did, but one of the people on this forum found out and made a post about it, trashing me. Everyone else started trashing me as well and I got really upset about it.

Then it seems there was a big LOO party at my parents' house, with everyone there, and I found a bomb in the mail. It started beeping faster and faster and I was like "Oh, #&$%!!! BOMB! EVERYBODY RUUUUN!" My dad and I ran outside and were trying to get as far away as possible before the bomb went off, but as we got up the street we realized that nobody else had come with us...none of them seemed to realize anything was wrong. We were going to go back to try to get them out of the house, but suddenly everyone was on the other side of the block.

These cops came up and they had some little kids with them. They were being very mean to the kids, and I soon found out they were crooked cops and were trying to frame the kids for a crime. I started talking to this woman cop about how it wouldn't benefit the public for them to act in such a self-serving manner. The conversation went pretty well until we got to a restaurant. We were all sitting down eating and Daniel (one of my guides) was suddenly sitting across from the lady cop, and he got all mad at something she was saying and shoved all her food on the floor, which made her really angry. I was like "Damn it, Daniel! We don't act like that in this family! Grow up!"

The next thing I know the cops are at it again, trying to stage this guy's death and make it look like he hung himself. But then he slipped or something and actually did end up hanging himself. He was swinging around, choking, everyone freaking out, and then the bridge he was hanging from started to crumble. This portal opened up beneath it and a ton of demons started flying out of it, but at that point I wasn't scared because I perceived it all to be a movie, even though I seemed to be inside the movie. There were even cinematic camera angles and everything.

Weirdness.

Eddie, that's strange, about your earthquake dream. I, too, wonder why it was Germany in your dream? I've also had dreams similar to the other one you talked about, but I'd rather not share most of the details...a bit embarrassing.
that's weird. great recall.

Brittany

Just about the only thing I remember from my dream last night was a creepy voice whispering the name "Agatha"...or maybe it was "Edna"...I just remember it was one of those really old fashioned names. For some reason this freaked me out so badly that I had to turn on my christmas lights when I went back to sleep. I also had a separate dream where I was pregnant...the horror!
ooh that's like fro a horror movie. you still have christmas lights? Tongue i love christmas lights.

i once dreamt i was pregnant and i agree! it was the scariest dream ever.

last night i dream i was on a bus. Tongue it's like every night. well this was a dingy downtown bus, and this dude started threatening me, it wasn't a scary dream, it was like from a movie. he was scruffy and i was a guy and i had a twin guy and we got off the bus and started fighting him. we had just broken out of some prison or i dunno what, and Mel Gibson had been making trouble. somehow Tom Cruise was there too. Tongue they were ranting about religion.

earlier in the dream i had been a little girl, and my dad had been some guy who could be on a sitcom as a dad, he wasn't my dad. but it's funny i went from a little girl to a grown man. usually i'm just me, or someone from TV. i also had a friend or a sister and i think her name was Katie.

Brittany

Ocean, it's neat to hear that someone else frequently switches genders and ages in their dreams. It seems like I'm a dude in my dreams more often than a female these days...sometimes I'm both, and once I was both *at once*.

I remember once I had a dream that I gave birth to like, a dozen really tiny babies. I was carrying them around in a wicker basket and I was freaking out because I was a virgin at the time, and I thought "No one will believe I wasn't fooling around...I just had a bunch of kids!" But there was no father. I just had them. It was a nightmare for me.

I keep a string of Christmas lights hanging in the bedroom year round. I used to be terrified of the dark and had to sleep with them on every night. I'm past that now, but occasionally I still have really bad nightmares and need some comfort in order to be able to go back to sleep. I had halloween lights for a while, too...orange ones. I used to have some little paper lantern lights, but they never worked right. XP
i always identify with boys and men, never women, and sometimes girls. i'm genderfluid. maybe that causes it.

i dreamt i was pregnant with my kitty. this isn't the awful dream. i was worried about him at that time. i felt he was safe in my womb and it was a very pleasant dream. i woke up feeling connected to him, like he had really been in my womb. Smile i've always loved him like a mommy unlike my other pets.

colored lights always make me feel safe. and happy. i wanted to have the christmas lights in my room but i was too lazy.
Had a dream last night that a meteor hit Earth, there was a mushroom cloud- than silence.
i dream i was on a bus, i was an old lady. and there was another old lady that i was friends with. and there was also some element of danger. and i had to hurry. then later i was at a store with my friend, but i was young. and it was some other person with me. and we went to some department store and again there was this hurry element, then there was this big sprawling facility, that was grey white. it had yucky dirty bathrooms and young people everywhere. they were drinking beer. there was grass outside and people chilling. it was a party. we were being chased and we wanted to blend in. so we went with these nerds. we climbed this hill and somehow ended up on top of a pole, we were high up and the chasers were down below. i lost my glasses, my gloves, i whispered to my friend to tell me if the girl we had seen was still down there. when we came down the kind nerds brought me my glasses and gloves and but then the guy who was chasing us appeared and choked me with his hand, he had promised to let us leave but he wanted to sleep with me. i tried to get out of his hold as i'm very ticklish, i'm insanely ticklish so if someone tried to choke me i'd probably punch them from the sheer tickling. i got really mad. lol then i woke up with my neck still ticklish. Tongue

i think it means i have a part of me that's so afraid that the rest of me avoids it, and sometimes it gets me in a chokehold. that actually happened last night, i was afraid of something and the fear felt awful.

my dreams have two things, i'm always on a bus, and i'm always high up, they keep repeating. the bus represents a moderate vehicle, while being high up should be something good. but i'm never moving there. i'm always just up. i wonder what that means.

Meerie

Hey Ocean, according to traumdeuter.ch,
the bus has to do with moving forward in a community, or could indicate that it is hard for you to reach your goal alone, hence you ride with others in a bus, or that you are dealing with groups / relationships inside groups and thinking about how you want to deal with other selves in the future. I am thinking of how you mentioned that you want to be alone on a lonely island, so it is kinda interesting that in your dreams you are presented with these people in buses.
Spiritually the bus means the all-encompassing GOOD... maybe because the word "bus" derives from "omnibus" which means, "all".

Brittany

Ocean, do you think the being high up could actually mean you're secluding or separating yourself somehow? Maybe distancing one part of yourself from another...I think you're on the right track in determining that a part of you is trying to tell you something. A bus is a vehicle in which many people ride...maybe if the bus represents your body or your complex, putting you in a bus with these different aspects of yourself is giving you a way to interact with these aspects in a community fashion. That's just my take, anyway.

All I remember about my dream last night was that there was a mountain in it. I remember thinking about how I was going to remember the dream, but now I've forgotten it. Tongue
thanks guys, you're probably both right. i have been trying to decompartmentalize, a little. and be more loving. i was actually on a bus today and tried to love the people around me. Tongue to feel their energy instead of seeing them as annoying. when i was up high i was trying to get away from something, so it could be separation.

last night i dreamt i was on a bus, and then later i saw a pink bus go by while i was helping Kevin Costner. Tongue he had been shot in the foot by Whitney Houston and i was trying to distract him from the pain, and i saw a pink bus and i said something backwards as a joke and he said huh? and then i was woken up. and i thought it was a sign i need to be more compassionate, and helpful and that maybe i'm getting there a little, but i'm not on the pink bus yet.

all i know about mountains is they come to mohammed.

Brittany

Ocean, your dreams crack me up! All these famous people...I especially liked the one where "Mel Gibson was causing trouble." BigSmile

I once had a dream that I got abducted by aliens and one of them looked like Angelina Jolie...they seemed to think that would turn me on or something. Lol.
lol Angelina Jolie always turns me on. Tongue

i always dream of actors cuz i watch a lot of TV. Tongue i once dreamt i was in a dimensional tunnel with Geordi, Riker and Data and Geordi stopped to tie his shoes! and i said hurry the tunnel is about to shift and we ended up in a zombie pirate universe in Xena time, and i guess that's one of my wackiest that i remember.

Brittany

I barely ever watch TV, but I see a lot of comic book characters in my dreams. Some of my own characters even show up on occasion. It's very fascinating to meet them as a stand alone personality, instead of me writing everything they say and do.
that's interesting.

Brittany

Last night I dreamed I was on a sort of quest with some people, and we got attacked by this huge snake monster. I turned into some kind of enormous angel and battled the snake and killed it. I hated that I had to kill one of my favorite animals, but it was trying to eat me. I looked completely different...I was a woman who looked in her forties of fifties, and when I turned into an angel I had giant purple wings. I also remember a blonde guy I think may have been my guide Daniel kept showing up, but he wasn't really acting like how Daniel usually acts. He wasn't being negative, he just seemed more subdued.

I really need to start keeping a notebook by me bed again. I know there was so much more to that dream, but I didn't bother writing it down and that was all I remembered when I woke up.
just remember not to sleep with the pen if it's not capped.

that sounds like a positive dream though. Smile

Brittany

I had such a bizarre dream last night...parts of it I barely know how to explain.

I don't know what I was actually dreaming before I started waking up, but when I first woke up my eyes shot open and I was staring at the curtains, and I perceived a dark figure standing there reaching for me. Even though I was mostly awake, I felt like a completely different person. In fact, it felt as if I had slipped into an alternate archetypal mind. My thoughts, the way I perceived things, was so different. It was like seeing things through the eyes of someone who had never seen earth or people...someone who knew nothing about us. The sight of curtains was foreign to me, and needless to say the figure standing there freaked me out considerably. I yelled "What the $%^& are you doing?!?", though I wasn't talking to the figure. I'm not sure who I was talking to...I felt that there was someone in the room, my lover or something, but it was supposed to be a female.

Then, the only way I can explain what happened next was that my mind started flipping channels. It was like turning the pages of a book, trying to find the right reality...the right mode of perception. I went through four or five of these "modes" before everything made sense again and I realized I was in my apartment and Walter is my partner. I felt so incredibly strange after this experience...I really have no way of fully explaining it.
Hi everyone,

What I am about to write does have to do with dreams so here goes.

About a year ago I started to get tired with life I would sometimes wish that I could just lie down and stop existing and at first I was startled with this but then I came across The Law of One and realized that the reason I was feeling this way was because I might be a wanderer so the feeling started to fade but then starting at the beginning of this year It started to come back but it was different, now I was longing(sp?) for something and at first I though it was whatever density I had come from
but recently I have realized that I was longing for someone that I just knew was from a higher density. And so this longing has increased to the point of where I will start to sob and so I have kept myself going by trying to ignore it but recently it over flowed when I was about to fall asleep and I couldn't control myself I was more sad at that moment then I have ever been and then I fell asleep.

In my dreams I was still very sad when a dream character( a dream character is what we of the Lucid dreaming community call characters that appear in our dreams) showed up and it was the girl I have a crush on,and she came up to me and I don't remember what happened after that but I was suddenly so very happy and was having so much fun and the most vivid part of my dream was where she looked at me and I saw something that within my dream made perfect sense but when I woke up I realized that it wasn't true in real life and that thing was first of all she was beyond beautiful beyond anything I have ever seen on earth and her eyes well her eyes where also beyond anything I have ever seen they had such a depth of age to them and an intelligence that dwarfed my own and then she smiled and I knew she was who I was longing for that she was back were I had come from and was waiting for me and I felt so happy and was about to ask her something but was woken up by my dad

and for the rest of the day was so happy that I couldn't keep from smiling at everything even when I was a bit pissed at something the mood was ruined by me smiling broadly. And I realized she was there the whole time but would not show herself until I asked for the help she wanted to give me but couldn't until I asked.

And so I think she is my mate(is that what you would call someone when you are of a higher density and you are together?) and waiting for me to come back once harvest happens.

Thanks,
Conifer16

P.s I don't remember ever seeing her true form as she has always been inside Dream Characters that I felt comfortable around so as to be near me without revealing herself

Brittany

Conifer, I've had similar dreams in which I was madly in love with someone, or their best friend, only to wake up and not know who they were. I remember in one dream I realized I was dreaming, and I had just found a long lost friend. I didn't want to lose contact with them again, so I was trying to build a machine that would let us send each other letters between the different worlds. Obviously it didn't work. I miss all those people I see in my dreams. I can't wait until I can be with them again.

I had a bunch of scattered but really vivid dreams last night. In one I was working with a group of people who were running a shelter for homeless kids. It was so satisfying, having a job like that, but we couldn't keep scraping up the money to keep the place open and the government shut it down. I was highly upset. Since I had lived in that place as well I was now homeless, but I had an extremely rich uncle who said I could come live in the hotel he owned.

The place was fancy beyond belief. It was really nice, but I mostly just wanted to go back to my little shelter. I got really hungry and went to the cafeteria place they had, and they had all this food that looked delicious. I ordered some, but when I got to the end of the line they started giving the people behind me their food, and my food seemed to have disappeared. When I brought this to their attention they just ignored me and nobody would serve me any food. I got really mad that they were ignoring me, then I woke up.

I also dreamed I was in the jungle in Africa. It was a school field trip or something. I can remember all the plants and things so vividly. It was a beautiful place. Then this woman came out and started giving a lecture, but, even though she was speaking in English, somehow I didn't understand what she was talking about at all. None of it made sense.

There was also this part where I was on something that looked like the Death Star, but it was my home, and some people were chasing my friends and I...I barely remember that part.
I have quite a few cafeteria dreams ahktu. In mine they are typically empty, or as well as you I have trouble getting my food, or getting to the front of the line. It seems the line doesn't move, or the employees just don't care. I've flown out upset from a cafeteria in one dream.

Brittany

Last night I dreamed the zombie apocalypse happened. Everyone started turning into zombies. Walter and I were really focused on getting together what we would need to survive and finding a place to weather the storm. I spent a lot of the dream trying to find a way to sharpen this pair of blades I actually own, so I would have something to kill the zombies with. We ended up falling in with a group of survivors, but it was a tentative relationship. A lot of us didn't agree on various things and the tension was high. At some point we went to my parents' house and both my parents were turning into zombies. Walter said it was better to kill them and end it quickly, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I'm pretty sure most of this dream has to do with my recent addiction to video games. The whole zombie theme...it reminds me of how I end up staring at the TV like a zombie, playing around in virtual reality while ignoring the issues in my everyday life. I suppose this is a warning...I'm going to lose a lot if I don't get my head back in the game and start focusing on the issues at hand.
I have a dream to relate from last night, but first must present some background information, to put it into context.

As many here will remember, I'm a big advocate of eating raw green vegetables, particularly in the form of green smoothies. However, I had recently gone 2 or 3 weeks without one; my last experience with one had been bad (as it's been winter here, I couldn't grow my own greens, and had been buying kale at the local Wal-Mart....and something in, or on, the greens in that last bag had made me ill with diarrhea.) So for that time I had been eating a mostly conventional American diet (albeit without processed foods).

About a week ago I started to get sick. I was sneezing a lot, and thought it was because of spring allergies, but by Sunday it was clear that I had contracted the flu. At the same time, my insomnia (which I have battled all of my life) worsened considerably; from Saturday night to Tuesday night I got perhaps three hours, total, of sleep. So I have felt wretched this week.

Yesterday afternoon, I began craving a green smoothie, and decided to risk the Wal-Mart kale once again; I bought all the ingredients I needed, and had a pitcher for supper. Almost at once, I began to feel better; my nose stopped running, and my fatigue lifted. After supper, I went to my computer, and cast around for a good podcast to listen to. I ended up at Peter Tongue's Awakening to Conscious Co-Creation site, scrolled back through the archives, and found a show about "green foods". As I listened, the guest spoke about how raw green vegetables stimulate our bodies to produce Serotonin (a mood enhancer), which the brain converts into Melatonin, which is the body's sleep trigger (talk about synchronicity!)

I went to bed last night about 9, and for the first time in weeks, had a deep, restful, full night of sleep, with only one brief interruption. Now to the dream:

I awoke in the middle of the night after a very interesting dream. Unfortunately I did not write it down right away, so I have forgotten the specifics, but I remember this much: it was one of those dreams in which I was both a participant and an observer at the same time, and was expressed in metaphor and symbolism. I experienced an adult re-birth, and was shown how it was connected to making the correct choices about diet and nutrition (for example, I saw cut-away diagrams of myself surrounded by various form-fitting aluminum sheet metal shrouds, representing symbolic wombs, with various sizes of openings in the umbilical area, representing differing choices of nutritional streams, and so on). Although highly symbolized, the greater message of the dream was immediately clear to me: by taking responsibility for what goes into my body, I had gotten over the "hump" that lately has stalled my progress (both spiritual and physical). 2011 is not 1981; at this stage, we really must be assiduous in eating for 4th density. It is as important as any other preparation.

This morning, after finishing my green tea, I will have a hearty breakfast of green smoothie and tinned sardines.BigSmile

On a darker note, last night, in two separate other dreams, I was warned by dream characters about impending "wind gusts up to Mach 1" (i.e., 770 mph at sea level). Let us hope that such an event does not come to pass, as it would make the Sendai tsunami seem like a frolic in the park. Winds of that speed will rip flesh from bone, and soil from rock.

Brittany

Wow, Eddie. Your dreams are...artistic. All that symbology...it reminds me of those artsy movies. You should write theater or something. Smile

I've been slowly changing my eating habits, but I've realized going from zero to vegan all at once makes me violently ill. It's more of something I have to slide my way into. If anything, I feel a lot better now that I've stopped drinking milk. I was always fine with it until about 6 months ago and suddenly I can't handle it at all. Most yogurts and ice creams have had to go, too.

I've been dreaming about numerous natural disasters since childhood, and none of them have specifically come to pass yet, so I wouldn't worry too much. I usually take those things as reference to emotional turmoil in my life. Tornadoes are especially common.

Once again, I remember thinking about how I was going to remember my dream last night, and now I don't remember it. Lol.

Brittany

I had two strange but highly detailed dreams last night.

In the first I don't remember much except that Walter and I seemed to be at some sort of day camp. This guy asked me to pick three cards out of this stack. I did, and the cards were numbered. I remember 7 and 14. I am thinking the third was either a 1 or a 0, because I was noticing the pattern of intervals of seven. The #7 card had a gray woman on it. It looked like something Picasso would paint. The #14 card had a lot of fire on it, and the guy said something that alluded to an "initiation of fire" or "trial by fire." I woke up shortly after that.

In the second dream I was out somewhere and was trying to get home to get ready for church on Sunday morning ( I don't know why...I haven't gone to an institutionalized church in years). Walter called and told me he was hungry and he wanted me to bring him something to eat. I ended up stopping at a pancake house, and realized this whole family I used to go to church with was in there. They asked me if I wanted anything to eat, and I let them buy me some pancakes. Then a guy I briefly dated in college called me and started asking me how I had been. This guy wasn't so nice when I knew him, but now he seemed to have reformed himself. We were trying to talk but his mom kept yelling in another language in the background and I could barely hear him, so told him I would be online later and hung up. Walter had walked up to the pancake house and we talked for a bit.

The next thing I remember I was having some kind of adventure with Rorschach and Silk Specter from The Watchmen (a popular 80's comic book). Whatever we were doing seemed really urgent, and we got to this area where there was an enormous drop with a huge expanse of clouds. Rorschach immediately jumped off of a ledge, falling through the air. Silk Specter jumped, too, and I realized I was going to have to jump. I finally got up the balls to do it and found myself falling through all these metal I-beams. We finally landed on a small platform, and I was relieved because it was the last solid thing before nothing but clouds. It looked like oblivion.

We were going through the woods after that...we were on some kind of mission but it didn't really make sense. We found these little black boxes, and Rorschach said that my worst fear was in one of them. He reached in there like he was going to pull out and I was like NO! He pulled out a gun and handed it to me. I was nervous just holding it, afraid it might go off and I would hurt someone. He said I had to face my fear. Then all these bad guys attacked. I ended up shooting them, and I was trembling with this gun in my hands. I didn't want to hold it anymore.

Somehow after that we wound up in my high school, and somebody told me the principal had been worried sick about me because I'd left in the middle of school and he couldn't find me. At this point I hadn't even realized I was at school when the adventure began, but I went to find the principal so I could let him know I was alright. Rorschach had this notebook I had apparently been using as a diary, and he was ripping pages out of it, saying that we couldn't afford to let anyone know what had happened. I found one drawing in the notebook that I refused to let him destroy because it was really good artwork. At the end of it it seemed like a bomb was about to go off or something- something really huge and destructive, and I was trying to get everyone out of the area.
Hi everyone,i just wanted to say about one particular dream that i had.
It was like i was in another time,maybe future time on earth even maybe,but here it goes:Me and my friends go to a kinda like a fun park with advanced technological rollercoaster rides in virtual reality,but not just rollercoasters,it had everthing from skiing to hiking up a mountain in virtual world. The one i went to was a freefall from a bridge ride,kinda like bungee jumping except without the bungee. The way you had to win was not to scream/get scared for as long as you can while falling maybe like a mile down from such a bridge,so when i jumped(felt just as real as a real free fall) i could see earning the points with the corner of my eye,almost like Mario style when he collects coins. After the ride i went into a room which had a light door,almost like Star trek teleport,and one of the people in the room tells me:"You know that if you go in the light you won't remember this,who you are,you will be somewhere else." I go into light door and wake up.

I used to have a lot of dreams of Huge Asteroid falling on Earth and nuclear explosion in the back ground,when i was young.Scary Stuff.

It's just amazing how when i wake up sometimes i feel like i am back into a character in a movie,like my dreams are more real than real life.

Brittany

Last night I dreamed I was going to one of Carla's meditations, and as I was walking up to the house the tornado sirens started going off. None of us seemed that concerned about it, though. I also dreamed I was back in college (again), and one of my friends was doing something weird, but I can't remember what it was. I've been having a hard time remembering major details of my dreams again...when I wake up it feels like someone vacuumed them out of my head.

Alexrussian, I've had dreams of watching nukes fall from the sky in my neighborhood, and a bunch of apocalypse, end of the world stuff. The virtual reality stuff sounds really cool. I wonder if that was your home planet/dimension you dreamed about?

Brittany

I don't remember all of my dream last night, but the part I do remember was pretty neat. I was standing on some type of balcony overlooking the ocean. This...I guess you could call it a ship...came out of the ocean and there were these people standing on it. One of them looked at me and all of this knowledge and understanding just popped into my head. There were no words exchanged whatsoever. It didn't even seem like telepathy. Just instant exchange of...everything. I have no words to describe this "information" I received, but it all made perfect sense. It was like feeling a deep understanding welled up inside of me. While this was happening I saw all different shades of blue in front of my eyes. It was almost as if these beings communicated with the color blue.

This sort of ramp made made out of light extended over to the balcony and the being who had been "talking" to me came over. He held out his hand and he didn't have to say anything. I knew he was inviting me to come with them. So I got on their ship and we went underwater. There was this enormous underwater ship down there- huge enough to be a city. I remember I went on the ship and some really awesome things happened, but I don't really remember what all it involved. I vaguely remember what seemed to be a giant, floating shell but I'm not sure what that was about.

I also remember a fragment of a later dream in which I was gathered around a table with a bunch of people. Jim was there, and I'm not sure who the rest of them were, but in my dream they were my closest friends. We were all laughing and talking and having a great time. Then I woke up and I was like "who were those guys again?"

Whoever they were, I miss them. I miss them badly. :/

Meerie

akhtu, that is a lovely dream! it could have been the Arcturians, their color is blue. They bring information.
I dreamt recently that I got a huge parcel, a gift wrapped in blue paper with a golden bow around it. And I see blue a lot these days... blue is just so cool! literally LOL.