Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-22-2011, 03:10 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Had another one of those dreams where I got up, tried to turn on the lights, found out they wouldn't turn on, then woke up. I have that dream all the time.
That's a dream about trying to wake up. You're trying to return to the conscious world but can't.

Last night was crammed full of dreams for me. I woke up after every dream, and they were all so vivid I had to struggle to realize they were dreams (as opposed to conscious reality). In one of them, I was reunited with my old dance troupe, and we flew over to Scotland for a performance tour. Instead of landing at at a major airport like Pickwick, we landed on the water in a small harbor of a seaside resort town (must have been a float plane). We disembarked the plane and entered a harborside amusement park that was geared mainly toward kids (arcades and trained dolphin shows, etc). Then some nice lady from a local travel agency put me in a 3-wheeled pedicab and took me across town to another amusement park geared mainly toward adults. It was very crowded and I feared I would get separated from the rest of the group....which was exactly what happened. They had boarded the tour bus and left, minus me. So I walked back to the travel agency for help, as my luggage, passport and everything else were gone on the bus. It was about 5:00 on a Friday afternoon by then and all the ladies at the travel agency wanted to leave to go the pub, so I was imposing upon them. They started pulling out some documents and asking me questions, and then I realized I had also lost my reading glasses, and was getting very frustrated and annoyed with the turn of events....then the dream ended, and I woke up, but it took me about 5 minutes to realize that I was home in bed, and not stranded on the coast of Scotland.

my dreams are vivid. i can still remember with crystal clarity the image from my dream. two women in photographs hanging on the wall, both sporting 20s style curly hair, like those gelled dos, wavy and blonde. the one on the left her name was Kara Wall Lyra and it was written below her picture in gold letters. or brass. the letters were clear which is great. what does her name mean? i think she was welsch and it was pronounced wahll leera or something. cuz someone said it outloud. i always have weird names.
oh and she was doing a play with Captain Jack and Ianto from Torchwood. Tongue
or actually it was the other woman on the wall. the one on the left, Kara was her high school friend.

Meerie

Maybe she was from Lyra? and Kara is the name of Clark Kents cousin in Smallville.
they were both happy and radiant in the pics smiling. i don't watch Smallville. Tongue but i think maybe they were from Lyra. or something weird about them was.

Brittany

Maybe they were people you knew in a past life...?

I had a dream last night that I started running with my high school's track team (which is weird, because I don't think we even had a track team). I was running really, really well and even beating some of the team in races, and the coach asked me if I would join the team. At first I wanted to, but then they started talking about how many hours they trained a day and I realized I would have next to no free time if I joined, which I didn't like, so I didn't know what to do. It felt so good to be running like that, though. I can't run nearly as fast in waking life.

Brittany

I had a dream that seemed really meaningful. I went to this palace/fancy restaurant type of place, and there was this Indian guru guy who was supposed to be very wise and awakened. People would wait for hours a day and go through a bunch of rituals just to talk to him. There was this part where they would write all their flaws down on purple pieces of paper, and then they would burn those papers and the guru would give them advice. I really wanted to talk to him, but this other monk in a red robe distracted me while I was in line and was having me do random silly stuff. It got late and I didn't get a chance to talk to the guru and I was kind of annoyed, but it suddenly hit me. I didn't need advice from the guru. I didn't even need to burn my flaws. All I wanted to do was look into his eyes with the love of the Creator. Love was all I needed.

There was also a part where the monk was asking me about my oncoming child, as I was apparently pregnant (and had another child already). He asked what the boy's name was going to be and I said Hokori. (The Japanese word for "pride" and also the name of one of my very, very beloved samurai characters.) He smiled and said "That was what you told me *your* name was the last time you came to see me." But I didn't remember ever having seen him before. If I had to take a guess, I would say the monk in the red robe was the *real* guru in disguise.
A very clear dream, I should say. The characters were more precise in this one.
my Cat kept me awake last night so i had dreams and then was woken up constantly, he was feeling ill from the antibiotics so i had to keep swooshing a stick around even though i was falling asleep, so i'd fall asleep, have a dream and then meow meow and i'd wake up lol.
i had a china mask dream though, before, and it was wet plaster type china, or something. it was over my eyes. it had washed off my face but i had an eye mask and it went over my head like i was bald or something. i looked like an X-MAN and iw as topless, i can't remember anything more. i looked like a statue sort of. but alive.
A couple of nights ago I had a beautiful and moving dream.

There is a family that I am close to, I grew up next door to them; and they figure often in my dreams. We are in the same soul group, and have shared many incarnations together.

Now, in this incarnation, the father of the family is now 75, and the mother 70; but in my dream, they had a new child, a baby girl, and as we were all sitting around in their den, they introduced me to the child. They handed her to me and I put her on my lap, cradling her head in one of my hands.

I could see immediately that she was an unusually bright and precocious child. She began to grow and advance rapidly in my lap. As she did so, I talked to her, telling her things she should know....the importance of meditation and yoga, the necessity of remembering and recording dreams, etc. She started talking to me as she was growing; by the apparent age of four she was speaking at an adult level, and I could sense that she was ready for Euclidian geometry, and I wondered if I should begin instructing her on the subject. She continued to grow and converse, and shortly became a beautiful teenage girl of about 16 years. She had also transformed from white to dark-skinned; whether Negroid or Dravidian I could not tell. Then the dream ended.

She represented the Universal child, the new children being incarnated with advanced spirits, ready and eager to learn and contribute.

Lately I have been wondering why I am here now. I know some part of the answer, of why I am here; but I still have burning questions. Before going to sleep that night I summoned angels and asked them to help me to determine more fully just what my mission is. The dream was a coded message, reiterating in instruction I had been given in an earlier dream (see my presentation at the 2009 Homecoming); I am to teach meditation to children.

This will be no small undertaking, as I am not in any position that affords me contact with children. So I don't know how to start...but at least I am pointed in the correct direction.

Brittany

Had a dream that I was a lesbian, and was living with my girlfriend in a really nice upscale high-rise apartment. The landlords were crazy Christian extremists. They didn't seem to mind the lesbian part, but when they found out I wasn't a Christian they went crazy. I pretty much told them to eff off...it's an argument I've gotten very tired of having since my awakening. They told me I had to leave the premises immediately and I was like "Fine. Whatever." I already had another place to live, though my girlfriend was mad because they demanded that she leave, too, just for associating with me. While I was packing my things, different employees kept harassing me. It was starting to really freak me out. Something about these people was really off...beyond the crazy extremist part. Their auras were...wrong. I started not even wanting to go into the building...it was as bad as walking into a place that is obviously haunted. But I still had to clear out all of my stuff.

I was walking up some stairs with a box and the big cheese that owned the place came up to me and started talking to me. I remember he had these crazy blue eyes that freaked me out. He was asking me weird questions instead of the usual aggressive preaching I had been getting. Then he said something like "I know you can see the spirit world. You're very psychic aren't you? You know, Jesus could do things like that, too."

I decided to be a wiseass and said "Well, maybe I'm Jesus reincarnated.", figuring the reincarnation reference would piss him off. Instead, he just gave me a strange look and said something like "Hmmm..." Then he walked away, looking really pleased with himself. I was like "whatever."

The next thing I remember, I was pulling into my parent's garage. I was going to tell them what happened, but then I wasn't sure if they realized I was a lesbian, and, seeing how they are pretty fundamentalist Christians, too, I figured it was going to be an awkward conversation.

I have frequent dreams of being with a woman. I consider myself bi-curious, I suppose, but I'm just not wired to be straight homosexual. I am far too fond of masculine energy. I wonder what these types of dreams mean?
(09-20-2011, 05:52 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like an awesome dream, Gemini. I've had dreams where the colors were like nothing on Earth. I've never seen anything so beautiful in 3D...to the point where mundane objects were fascinating simply because of their clarity and vibrancy. I always feel a deep longing when I wake up from those dreams. You sure have a thing for anthros, don't you? Maybe you were one on your home planet. Smile

Yeah, I imagine I'd be something like this (a good friend drew for me).

[attachment=540]

Brittany

Eddie, your dreams always amaze me. I tried to do like you and ask my guidance for a dream that would reveal my specific mission last night, but what I remember of the dream doesn't make a lot of sense. I was at my workplace, but instead of selling groceries it was some sort of scientific community, with guys walking around in lab coats and stuff. One of my friends was a scientist there, and he was angry because there was an award he wanted and another guy was getting it instead. There were also a lot of small animals in cages...lab animals? I was really enjoying taking them out and playing with them, but a computerized voice told me to stop messing around and get to work...though I didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing. For the most part I was just standing there while these scientists worked around me. I also remember a part where I was walking around outside in just my socks. I was walking with someone who means a lot to me, and we were having a deep conversation, but I can't remember who the person was or what the conversation was about. So am I supposed to be a scientist or something? O__O

Gemini, did you do that drawing? If I was an anthro, I would probably be a Naga. Lol. XD
(09-26-2011, 01:08 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]One of my friends was a scientist there, and he was angry because there was an award he wanted and another guy was getting it instead.

Well, I know a good friend of yours who is a scientist, in virtual reality in your head Wink
(09-26-2011, 01:08 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Eddie, your dreams always amaze me. I tried to do like you and ask my guidance for a dream that would reveal my specific mission last night, but what I remember of the dream doesn't make a lot of sense. I was at my workplace, but instead of selling groceries it was some sort of scientific community, with guys walking around in lab coats and stuff. One of my friends was a scientist there, and he was angry because there was an award he wanted and another guy was getting it instead. There were also a lot of small animals in cages...lab animals? I was really enjoying taking them out and playing with them, but a computerized voice told me to stop messing around and get to work...though I didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing. For the most part I was just standing there while these scientists worked around me. I also remember a part where I was walking around outside in just my socks. I was walking with someone who means a lot to me, and we were having a deep conversation, but I can't remember who the person was or what the conversation was about. So am I supposed to be a scientist or something? O__O
I suspect that you still feel blocked or inhibited in dealing with the "left-brained" aspect of human incarnation, and I've felt for a while that that may be (at least in part) your mission here: to get the logical and analytical portion of yourself to catch up to the rest of you. I'm certain that your analytical/logical self in fact is perfectly fine, but somehow you have convinced yourself that it isn't. Your dream is your larger self's way of telling you that you are quite intelligent and logical enough to be a scientist, if only you will allow yourself to do so.

As for getting the most out of your dreamtime, the best things that you can do are:
A. Stopping the "internal dialogue" (i.e., quieting the mind, shutting of the constant chatter of the Ego); and
B. Following from A, develop some competence in lucid dreaming.

Don't fret that you haven't achieved these yet; this is hard work, and it demands regular attention and practice. The Castaneda books were a great aid to me in this regard. Have you read them?

Brittany

Thanks, Eddie. No, I haven't read any of the Castaneda stuff...I've got a pile of books on my reading list. I will try to get hold of them, though. Probably will have to order them from the internet. I do manage to lucid dream on occasion, though it isn't that consistent. A lot of times I reach a sort of "halfway" point where I am not so much lucid dreaming as acutely aware in my dreams, realizing that something significant is taking place.

I know my left brain is capable. I just have a hard time balancing it with unconditional love, feeling, and all that other wonderful, "free" stuff the STO polarity involves. Half the time my analytical mind tells me that the STS path is the more logical of the two, so I've come to see that side of me as something that will get me in trouble. Also, acknowledging that I am "smart" brings about the catalyst of arrogance. I can't seem to both accept my own high intelligence and be humble about it, so I end up not acknowledging it at all and portraying myself as unintelligent. I suppose I've let my Ego run unchecked for far too long...it's practically taken over, but I feel like I have been making very successful steps lately in balancing it all out and entering into a more "whole" state of being.
yeah that comes from an overanalytical mind. i have one. it's taken years to get my mind to ease up enough to allow me some peace, but it's still hard cuz it's so ingrained in me. like a safety mechanism, to always analyze the situation and calculate. but it actually works against me. it's why i love sleep, it shuts up the ego.

Brittany

Had a semi-lucid dream last night. I realized I was dreaming, but for some reason the coolest thing I could think of to do was walk up the street. It was night, and I was in my parents' neighborhood. I could see a LOT more stars than usual (seeing a handful here in the city is a lucky rarity), and I was just standing there, staring up at the stars in awe. Orion's belt has always been one of my favorite constellations to pick out, and I suddenly noticed there were two belts in the sky now, right next to each other. I was very intrigued by this. Then some sort of glowing thing flew through the sky. At first I thought it was a UFO, but it landed by me and I realized it was some sort of child's toy, which disappointed me. I had really wanted it to be a UFO.

A non-lucid dream I had involved Walter and I going to a psychic fair, but we got there too early, and were somehow inside the building before it had even opened, so we had to hide when the psychics came in and started setting up their stuff, and wait until other people showed up to come out and act like we'd just gotten there. I saw two blonde girls at the psychic fair who looked confused. They wanted to know if I could walk around with them to make them less nervous. I asked them if this was their first time being around so many "seekers" and they said no, but they still seemed nervous. So I was like "Sure! The more the merrier!" The whole thing was taking place in this really beautiful, quaint Italian cottage/hotel type place. It was all crafted in very superb stonework, and I could see the Italian countryside through the arched windows. I spoke to the owner of the place and talked about how beautiful it was.

There was also a very long, complex dream before all of that, but almost all of it has been lost to me now. The one part I remember was something like being inside a video game. I went in this abandoned church and I had to hide in the shadows because if I stepped into the sunlight it would burn me. I had a certain amount of time to get to the front of the church and...shoot someone? I can't really remember. It was highly bizarre, and it gave me a very, VERY bad feeling when I woke up. I'm not even sure why it disturbed me so much, but it made me feel sick inside. When I looked back at the dream later it didn't do that...only when I first woke up. It was just the lighting of that place...the atmosphere. I'm fairly certain there was at least one corpse in the place. It reminded me of something...very bad, I think. O__O

I dreamt an entire Garfield movie last night. An entire movie. With creator commentary. Like, throughout the movie, it would cut to interviews of the creators telling me what they wanted to convey and what they wanted the audience to experience at that part. And it was actually pretty epic and emotional.

Brittany

Wow, Austin. That's both hilarious and poignant at the same time. XD
i want epic movies! lol i've had subtitles, end credits and commercials but wow you had commentary!

Ahktu your dreams might be your way of dealing with your past lives. do you think??

the orion belt is my favorite thing to pick out to find Sirius. it's the only constellation i know. because of it i can find my favorite star.
(09-28-2011, 12:28 AM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]I dreamt an entire Garfield movie last night. An entire movie. With creator commentary. Like, throughout the movie, it would cut to interviews of the creators telling me what they wanted to convey and what they wanted the audience to experience at that part. And it was actually pretty epic and emotional.

Awesome. I love cartoon dreams.

Brittany

Had a dream that I was getting swept up in a huge flood last night and was afraid I was going to drown. I can only assume this is the obvious symbol of emotional turmoil...work is never done on that front, it seems.
i had weird dreams. i think i was in a woody hotel. i slept with my Cat so i remember i was happy and kept waking up to look at him, and maybe the dream related to him. i remember wood and a hotel. it was a good nice dream but i can't remmeber more.

'cept that it had something to do with him.

Brittany

I honestly had a dream that I was a Disney princess, and was kidnapped by a tentacle monster. Then this guy in armor came to save me, and as he was delivering the killing blow, it was revealed that he was the same man who had defeated the monster hundreds of years ago in a different incarnation. I almost laughed out loud when I woke up. I wasn't even watching cartoons before bed. XD
My dream had a character named Bliss(like the emotion) and she was some kind of deity. She saves a king from imprisonment and has powers of earth specifically sand. I don't remember much but I do know that the dream was very very real while having it and then after waking up it grew fuzzy and I remember very little of the original plot. Oh and at all times I was her. Except for when she saved the king, then I was the king and able to see her face.

This is what I just wrote down from what I remember of my dream. I can think of a meaning right now for me having it but I would like to see your thoughts before saying anything as what I would say would hamper unique interpretations. And the whole point of asking you is to see it from new points of conscious view.

And I would just like to say that HOLY CRAP!!! The dream was soooo real. I thought it was reality in the brief moment between waking up and being asleep. Bliss's face was so detailed and thinking back to it I am amazed at what incredible detail and realism our brains/consciousness can create. Of coarse this applies only if dreams are in the brains and not actually realities elsewhere, if it is the second option then it makes perfect sense. Anyway my dreams of late have become really complex and filled with plot and feel more real as time goes on. Like last week my dreams were less real feeling then last night and I suppose that tonight my dreams should be more detailed complex and real then before. Which is awesome and so cool. I can't wait for tonight, if I can remember my dreams I will report them to this thread tomorrow.

-Conifer16-
Adonai Vasu Borragus
Here's to awesome and incredible dreams Smile
@Ahktu
Lol Smile

Brittany

Oh F**C! Just had the most vivid alien abduction dream! Ahhhhhhh...(makes various gibberish sounds).

There was a bunch of dream before this part...I don't remember much of it, but I was already on some spaceship with a bunch of other humans, then everything started going crazy and somebody said the aliens were going to abduct us (this part is much more blurry and makes much less sense than what came after).

So then suddenly I was in my bedroom, sitting up n bed, just staring at the door. I heard this...noise...this alien voice...CRAP, I will never forget that sound. There is not another sound like that. And I kept telling myself "I am not afraid. I am not afraid of aliens. I am not afraid."

Then my door swung open by itself, and these two grey aliens were standing there. They were the taller greys- probably a few inches taller than me, and their skin was pearly white instead of grey. I wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't see them extremely clearly, but I could see the HUGE black eyes and thin bodies.

I felt this feeling come over me...fear doesn't really describe it right. It was like my brain just didn't know what to do at all. I started hyperventilating, trying really hard to not scream or show fear. They walked up to the bed and I just sort of tipped over in front of them. For some reason I said "I'm sorry." as this was happening...I think I was apologizing to my other crew mates for being so weak and scared.

The aliens levitated me off the bed and started floating me through the house, and as I was levitating I was just staring into this alien's face, and he (was it a he? it "felt" male) was smiling at me with his tiny little mouth. They put me down in a room that looked like my parent's bedroom and left, and as they were leaving I heard one of them say in English "She will remember my eyes." in a pleased-sounding voice. They seemed really surprised that I had stayed conscious the entire time...I think I was just supposed to black out.

I thought one of my other crew members was hurt, so I started trying to scream to get someone's attention, but no sound would come out of my mouth, and I couldn't leave the room even though it was just a bedroom.

When I woke up only about 20 minutes had passed, and it felt like I had been asleep for HOURS or even days. What a CRAZY dream!!!!!
You sure it was a dream? Some people describe abductions as feeling like dreams. Just looking at it from all sides.
(09-29-2011, 04:43 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly had a dream that I was a Disney princess, and was kidnapped by a tentacle monster. Then this guy in armor came to save me, and as he was delivering the killing blow, it was revealed that he was the same man who had defeated the monster hundreds of years ago in a different incarnation. I almost laughed out loud when I woke up. I wasn't even watching cartoons before bed. XD

[attachment=564]

BigSmile

Brittany

I would rather have the dragon than the teddy bear. :p

After I got over the initial WHOA of the alien dream, it actually took on deep spiritual meaning to me. I feel like it is my higher self saying "This is to prepare you for the amazing changes coming to the Earth!" Not that I think grey aliens will come into my bedroom, necessarily, but the whole out-of-this-world vibe the dream had made me wonder how I would react if something crazy like that DID happen. I'm glad I was at least able to keep my sanity and look them in the eyes...I guess that's a start. Lol.

At no point did I feel like the aliens were going to hurt me. I think my reaction was more one of shock than of fear. If anything, they seemed curious, and maybe a little amused. I can still remember what their energy felt like, standing that close to me. I wish I could have had a conversation with them instead of freezing up!

And if it was supposed to be a psychic attack...pfft. They should know better by now. Alien dreams rule!!!

After that dream I had a dream that Carla was up and walking around at a meditation, feeling really good. I can only hope that was a precognitive dream. Smile

I also had a dream that I got into this trash talking contest with these two older women...we were really going at each other. By the time it was over I felt really bad and had to stop and balance myself out, forgiving them, forgiving myself...looks like I'm doing the balancing work even in my dreams! O__O
(10-02-2011, 03:26 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather have the dragon than the teddy bear. :p

Ah, well, I thought of that "guy in armor" that you mentioned previously, and who that brave and foolish entity might be, and come up with...

...teddy bear!

(It is probably a long shot I know, I know) BigSmile