Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone here ever been able to read text in their dreams?

I can't, the text 'swims', but I have had a couple of dreams where I could read without problem.
I just had one where I was given two menus to execute as an audition for a cooking job.

One said "Mac'n'cheese" and the other said "Bo".

(I was upset in the dream because I didn't have time to make the first dish and had never heard of the second. Upon waking I realized it was an indication that such food will create bowel obstruction and bacterial overgrowth issues.)
(06-08-2013, 09:06 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Prior to the veil dreams were used beyond this.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, let us establish that both before and after the veil the same conditions existed in time/space; that is, the veiling process is a space/time phenomenon.

Secondly, the character of experience was altered drastically by the veiling process. In some cases such as the dreaming and the contact with the higher self, the experience was quantitatively different due to the fact that the veiling is a primary cause of the value of dreams and is also the single door against which the higher self must stand awaiting entry. Before veiling, dreams were not for the purpose of using the so-called unconscious to further utilize catalyst but were used to learn/teach from teach/learners within the inner planes as well as those of outer origin of higher density. As you deal with each subject of which you spoke you may observe, during the veiling process, not a quantitative change in the experience but a qualitative one.

I would love to hear someone explain what this "prior to the veil" paragraph means in a fairly simple way - it seems very interesting but I do not really understand it. Thanks for any help.
(06-09-2013, 08:53 AM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2013, 09:06 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Prior to the veil dreams were used beyond this.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, let us establish that both before and after the veil the same conditions existed in time/space; that is, the veiling process is a space/time phenomenon.

Secondly, the character of experience was altered drastically by the veiling process. In some cases such as the dreaming and the contact with the higher self, the experience was quantitatively different due to the fact that the veiling is a primary cause of the value of dreams and is also the single door against which the higher self must stand awaiting entry. Before veiling, dreams were not for the purpose of using the so-called unconscious to further utilize catalyst but were used to learn/teach from teach/learners within the inner planes as well as those of outer origin of higher density. As you deal with each subject of which you spoke you may observe, during the veiling process, not a quantitative change in the experience but a qualitative one.

I would love to hear someone explain what this "prior to the veil" paragraph means in a fairly simple way - it seems very interesting but I do not really understand it. Thanks for any help.

My Earth history is very shabby but apparently there was a time when the third-density peoples of Earth were able to understand the universe as it stood. Knowledge of the creator, incarnation and the love that existed in all things was inherent thus suffering was quite impossible.

This was eventually veiled since people began to desire an existence that offered more catalyst and an ability to build oneself spiritually through more varied experience, rather than living in an undistorted utopia. Heaven can be boring.

Anybody is free to correct me or explain this more clearly.

My understanding of this quote is that prior to the veil, the dreams were used to meet the teachers instead of working with the catalysts and have contact with Higher Self as it is done now, after the veiling process.

(06-09-2013, 08:58 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

My Earth history is very shabby but apparently there was a time when the third-density peoples of Earth were able to understand the universe as it stood. Knowledge of the creator, incarnation and the love that existed in all things was inherent thus suffering was quite impossible.

This was eventually veiled since people began to desire an existence that offered more catalyst and an ability to build oneself spiritually through more varied experience, rather than living in an undistorted utopia. Heaven can be boring.

Anybody is free to correct me or explain this more clearly.

I don't think that the veiling spoked of is about this Earth as in this planet - Gaia. Third density mind/body/spirit complexes upon this Earth have always been veiled, because this is the design and free will of this Sun under whose care we are. This means also that the Venusians were veiled in their own third density about 2,6 billions of years ago too.

What I think Ra meant in regards to "prior to the veiling process" are those third density experiences which happened in the beginning, near central suns of this galaxy. Once the free will got extended to the choice of service to others and service to self, and the veil was implemented, experiences without the veil ended for good.
Thank you, Ankh. And now I see.

It's always a pleasure to hear your well-versed perspective.
I was cleaning out some computer files and found a dream log which had just this one entry, it's from a year ago, almost to the day:

Wednesday June 13, 2012

First dream was strangest. The world was in some sort of peril and everyone knew it. I kept having to turn off some timer on my truck and it bothered a man, Martin Sheen. I invited him back to my place (and some other actor I can't recall - John Cusack, lets say). Zack Galifianakis was laying on the couch when we got there. I introduced Martin and John to Zack and had trouble remembering Zack's name. Zack stayed laying on the couch, barely looked up and said "Hey guys. Has the world ended yet?"

[Setting change - old college house] a guy needed a cup so I invited him in for some water. He wanted to hang out, I was apprehensive, so were the housemates. I again had trouble remembering their names during introductions. I think my Grandmother was there too. I remember saying, "My life is increasingly strange". Then the setting changed again.

[family home] family and old friends. People I haven't seen or heard from in years having reunions, pets too. My cat and I were "talking". He knew how to point and was trying to tell me something about a squirrel that was sitting at the dining room table. At one point I was in the basement and a young cousin had an ice cream cone that he chucked to the ground because he knew I had to pick it up. To teach him a lesson, I rubbed the ice cream into his head. He bawled and I felt bad enough to clean it off. Then he turned into a premature baby that could talk. Everything I did to make him feel comfortable made him cry harder. It was disturbing.

There was another fragment where a cottontail rabbit was under a bed. It would come when I called to it, every time. It would then spin against my finger, faster and faster, until it was break dancing.

I wonder why I ever stopped the dream log?

Even after a year of learning how to interpret dreams, I can't make very much out of this one.
(06-11-2013, 03:14 PM)Jerome Wrote: [ -> ]I was cleaning out some computer files and found a dream log which had just this one entry, it's from a year ago, almost to the day:

Wednesday June 13, 2012

First dream was strangest. The world was in some sort of peril and everyone knew it.

Just for the fun of it -- here goes....

The world does seem to be in some sort of peril and everyone who turns on a tv set knows it.

Quote: I kept having to turn off some timer on my truck

It's important to turn off the timer and get into the Now, which eliminates all need to think about the world's craziness.

Quote: and it bothered a man, Martin Sheen. I invited him back to my place (and some other actor I can't recall - John Cusack, lets say). Zack Galifianakis was laying on the couch when we got there. I introduced Martin and John to Zack and had trouble remembering Zack's name. Zack stayed laying on the couch, barely looked up and said "Hey guys. Has the world ended yet?"
Martin Sheen = president, man in charge, honorable authority figure and father figure
John Cusack = artist, rebelious but good person, honorable, wacky, sensitive
Zack Galiafianakis = lazy, talented, funny, don't give a damn

These guys are different aspects of your nature or at least different ways you see yourself.
Quote:[Setting change - old college house] a guy needed a cup so I invited him in for some water. He wanted to hang out, I was apprehensive, so were the housemates.

You want to help others, but feel some anxiety about where it might lead you

or

You want to give the cup of water (infusion of spirit) to your self because you need it - but what will that do to you and all the inner parts of yourself (housemates) that will be affected

Quote: I again had trouble remembering their names during introductions. I think my Grandmother was there too. I remember saying, "My life is increasingly strange". Then the setting changed again.

[family home] family and old friends. People I haven't seen or heard from in years having reunions, pets too.

Many memories and aspects of your past coming to fore, how to integrate all the changes in your life with your "self" which consists of memories, patterns.

Quote: My cat and I were "talking".
Cat = your intuition

Quote: He knew how to point and was trying to tell me something about a squirrel that was sitting at the dining room table.

Squirrel at dining room table = something about your eating habits? Eating too much, squirreling something away? Compulsive behavior?

Quote: At one point I was in the basement and a young cousin had an ice cream cone that he chucked to the ground because he knew I had to pick it up. To teach him a lesson, I rubbed the ice cream into his head. He bawled and I felt bad enough to clean it off. Then he turned into a premature baby that could talk. Everything I did to make him feel comfortable made him cry harder. It was disturbing.

Some kind of self frustrating behavior you are engaged in - something you are doing to yourself that you then need to clean up. You feel your behavior in this situation is like a baby on some level.

Quote:There was another fragment where a cottontail rabbit was under a bed. It would come when I called to it, every time. It would then spin against my finger, faster and faster, until it was break dancing.

Rabbits can be a dream symbol for resurrection. You can be born again. You can leave behind all frustrating behavior and become a new person.

Quote:I wonder why I ever stopped the dream log?

Even after a year of learning how to interpret dreams, I can't make very much out of this one.

Okay, I just did that for the fun of it and because you presented a challenge. Have no idea if any of this is relevant to you. Smile Please forgive the audacity!
Not really a dream but it relates:

I tried going back to sleep the other night and as I closed my eyes I saw this white, monochromatic room in my mind's eye. And in the far end of it there was this large shadowy mass that just stood there with these huge white eyes. It had the creepiest, blankest stare; absolutely horrifying. It's as if it's feeding on everything it looks at but is never satisified.

I see such creatures often in my imagination. I often fantasize finally leaving my body and being able to explore the astral but then seeing some horrific, demonic, malformed creature standing in front of me breathing heavily with the same absorbent, bloodshot eyes just feeding off me and my fear.

It makes me want to wail in agony, these sights. It just wreaks of death and absolute torment not only in me but in these creatures. I can feel their suffering, a suffering so terrible that it scars them beyond what is considered normal life -- reduced to a life that is of a constant seizure mixed with brain death; just tremors of chaotic and conflicting thought.

This has to be part of a fear I need to overcome.
(06-11-2013, 10:34 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a dream but it relates:

I tried going back to sleep the other night and as I closed my eyes I saw this white, monochromatic room in my mind's eye. And in the far end of it there was this large shadowy mass that just stood there with these huge white eyes. It had the creepiest, blankest stare; absolutely horrifying. It's as if it's feeding on everything it looks at but is never satisified.

I see such creatures often in my imagination. I often fantasize finally leaving my body and being able to explore the astral but then seeing some horrific, demonic, malformed creature standing in front of me breathing heavily with the same absorbent, bloodshot eyes just feeding off me and my fear.

It makes me want to wail in agony, these sights. It just wreaks of death and absolute torment not only in me but in these creatures. I can feel their suffering, a suffering so terrible that it scars them beyond what is considered normal life -- reduced to a life that is of a constant seizure mixed with brain death; just tremors of chaotic and conflicting thought.

This has to be part of a fear I need to overcome.

Blessings to you. May we all be guided by our angels/higher selves to turn away from these projections and/or turn them over to the Christ consciousness, as every being in the universe does have its own connection with the One. Therefore, by turning away from them and sending them back to God we are not being selfish, as God loves them also and can care for them better than we can. We serve best by attending to our own immediate concerns the best we can. We give them / send them/ turn them over to God.
(06-12-2013, 03:12 AM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2013, 10:34 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a dream but it relates:

I have one of these as "guides".

Quote:I see such creatures often in my imagination. I often fantasize finally leaving my body and being able to explore the astral but then seeing some horrific, demonic, malformed creature standing in front of me breathing heavily with the same absorbent, bloodshot eyes just feeding off me and my fear.

It feeds off of you and your fear, because to get to "the other side" you must have no to little individuality in the sense that you understand it now, and you can't have fear of anything because you would create what you fear. Ergo. You need a "scary guy" to stand by the door of "the bar".

Quote:It makes me want to wail in agony, these sights. It just wreaks of death and absolute torment not only in me but in these creatures. I can feel their suffering, a suffering so terrible that it scars them beyond what is considered normal life -- reduced to a life that is of a constant seizure mixed with brain death; just tremors of chaotic and conflicting thought.

Sounds like any normal human being when observed from a far enough point of view of perfection. (You looking at the random chaotic thoughts of those that seem random and chaotic to you means someone else is observing you being just as random and chaotic. The problem with this is that in a fractal universe, you create what you focus on and if you see them as random and chaotic, anyone of your other selves above you that is looking at you will see you feel randomness and chaotic thoughts when presented with this image. Which may or may not be the actuality of the other self (the shadow itself) but rather, what someone (most likely your own biases lifted to visibility range by sufficient catalyst) projects about the truth of the other person and thus sees them as visibly appalling.)

All that aside, I've seen more than one of these creatures and they have a tendency to feel cold, arrogant, superior, almost never appreciating groups of 3 or more and able to kill you / drain your light / cause you to panic by being in your presence if they direct the energy at you. They are good to work with for short periods of time on limited and agreed upon goals but beyond that. Send them Love/Light and be on your way.

Quote:This has to be part of a fear I need to overcome.

I would agree in many parts.

Quote:Blessings to you. May we all be guided by our angels/higher selves to turn away from these projections and/or turn them over to the Christ consciousness, as every being in the universe does have its own connection with the One. Therefore, by turning away from them and sending them back to God we are not being selfish, as God loves them also and can care for them better than we can. We serve best by attending to our own immediate concerns the best we can. We give them / send them/ turn them over to God.

The cold guide person I talked about earlier is one of the people with the strongest and straightest connection to the Godhead/Christ consciousness I know of. But an exceedingly strong desire to not believe in the manifested abilities of others that are beyond his understanding. But the principle of Christ Conciousness does not in any way protect you from catalytic actions that you yourself request for the purpose of learning things.

If you wish for CC to protect you from folks like these. Stop asking for folks like these to appear. Just as a sidenote as well. I've been in that monochromatic room with a chair in the middle with a single lamp just swinging above it. Beyond that if you push you'll end up with your spiritual "field of vision" being greater than 180'.

Your mind has a tendency to fill the room with lots of trivia and junk. If you push it all aside for a moment you'll be able to observe "the room" itself without the stuff you put into it and the darkness that forms "behind" the things you put in there.

I digress. I hope you a good time in dealing with these entities. They are somewhat difficult to dislodge but do seem to follow general strong emotional commands without trouble and in my case do not go against your directly stated emotions at any time.
I can't really remember anything about my dream last night except that I was having a conversation with an old wrinkled man who was wearing a fancy hat (possibly renaissance era). He radiated a sense of wisdom, compassion and extreme old age. No Idea what we talked about. When I woke up and tried to remember who it was my mind gave me the name Hermes.
Wow. Caycegal thank you! That makes a terrible amount of sense.
I can remember what was going on a year ago. I've managed to work past the issues you presented, partially at least, only just recently. This will be helpful in preventing any backsliding.
That was awesome, thanks again.

Hello sister, I hope to offer you my insight on the above quote from Ra.

Firstly, Ra clearly states that "before AND after the veil" the same conditions exist in time/space, and that the "veil" itself is merely a 3D phenomenon. Obviously our higher selves exist in a timeline beyond Earth's ascension, in time/space, and it is only during this 3D Earth space/time experience that the veil even exists, as a barrier between that higher self and our 3D selves. Therefore, in 3D, dreaming is an extension of the veil, because our dreams are a cryptic messages from our higher self, or just symbolic of the higher self processing the events of the day. Prior (and after) the veil, dreams are used as a means to "travel" and teach/learn from other entities. We do that as well while incarnated in 3D but it's not often consciously remembered, because to do so would pierce the veil.

So in my humble interpretation I believe Ra is saying that dreams and their mystery as we know them are a function of the 3D veiling process. The parts of us that exist outside of the 3D veil do not experience cryptic messages to guide us in dreams.
Dreamed I built a pump that used a rubber rope instead of a belt to run. I was very impressed with it. It was dark, and a line of children lined up, and whispered to them "is it morning yet", as I couldn't speak out loud.

Later I dreamed I had to go to the bathroom but the toilet in the room I was in was broke. My friend said I had to call another person and go to their room to use their bathroom which was a few decks down. Evidently we were on a ship of some sort. I tried dialing his number, but the phone I had when into crazy mode where the phone didn't work. There were boat and helicopter controls on this phone which looked very complex.
(06-13-2013, 12:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Dreamed I built a pump that used a rubber rope instead of a belt to run. I was very impressed with it. It was dark, and a line of children lined up, and whispered to them "is it morning yet", as I couldn't speak out loud.

Later I dreamed I had to go to the bathroom but the toilet in the room I was in was broke. My friend said I had to call another person and go to their room to use their bathroom which was a few decks down. Evidently we were on a ship of some sort. I tried dialing his number, but the phone I had when into crazy mode where the phone didn't work. There were boat and helicopter controls on this phone which looked very complex.

Lots of times when I dream about looking for a bathroom I need to wake up and get up and go to the bathroom!

(Or it can be symbolic of eliminating and cleansing from body/spirit/mind.)

Brittany

I've dreamed I was going to the bathroom and woke up...actually going to the bathroom. <blush>
I had a pleasant dream last night with some very obvious "signs" so I thought I'd come share my inspirations.

I was walking with my stepmother on the streets and it was dusk. At some point someone gasped and pointed at the sky, asking, "What's that?" It was two starships, each appeared as a pattern of about 4 blinking lights in a train, alternating colors. I was very excited when all of a sudden the spectacle exploded into a total light show - like a giant advertising billboard! It was in the shape of a coat of arms/shield and all lit up, the words "The Confederation of Planets in Service of the One Infinite Creator" in a giant marquee. There were other images they showed too, the one that particularly stands out was a metronome inside the shield/coat of arms shape, in green.

My husband and I had plans to attend some sort of spiritual meeting (though in waking life he is not in the same place as me at the moment), it may have been merely a stargazing group. When we got there, to my chagrin everyone was sitting in a dark room, around a blank TV set, with the curtains pulled shut and even adhered closed! I couldn't contain my excitement as I went to a room full of windows and ripped the curtains back while the rest of the group stared in awe.

There was much more, I woke up in the middle of the night even and I should have gotten up and turned on the computer to type it all out. I've been writing my dreams for not too long now, about a week, after I've had a few (very minor) prophecies and concurrences over a few months here. I think I was able to retain the good parts, however.
(06-14-2013, 10:20 AM)Guenivere Wrote: [ -> ]I had a pleasant dream last night with some very obvious "signs" so I thought I'd come share my inspirations.

I was walking with my stepmother on the streets and it was dusk. At some point someone gasped and pointed, asking, "What's that?" It was two starships, each appeared as a pattern of about 4 blinking lights in a train, alternating colors. I was very excited when all of a sudden the spectacle exploded into a total light show - like a giant advertising billboard! It was in the shape of a coat of arms/shield and all lit up, the words "The Confederation of Planets in Service of the One Infinite Creator" in a giant marquee. There were other images they showed too, the one that particularly stands out was a metronome inside the shield/coat of arms shape, in green.

My husband and I had plans to attend some sort of spiritual meeting (though in waking life he is not in the same place as me at the moment), it may have been merely a stargazing group. When we got there, to my chagrin everyone was sitting in a dark room, around a blank TV set, with the curtains pulled shut and even adhered closed! I couldn't contain my excitement as I went to a room full of windows and ripped the curtains back while the rest of the group stared in awe.

There was much more, I woke up in the middle of the night even and I should have gotten up and turned on the computer to type it all out. I've been writing my dreams for not too long now, about a week, after I've had a few (very minor) prophecies and concurrences over a few months here. I think I was able to retain the good parts, however.

Wow! What an experience! I won't call it a "dream."

Aloneness

It's a beautiful story Guenivere.

Does anybody know why sometimes you just can't recall any of your dreams?
(06-14-2013, 11:57 AM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]It's a beautiful story Guenivere.

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams, no idea w9hy
(06-14-2013, 11:57 AM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]It's a beautiful story Guenivere.

No, but most people can learn to remember them through intention, and the practice of recording them as soon as they wake up.

Some sources say, and I believe it's true, that dreams can be extremely helpful and valuable whether we remember them or not.

Aloneness

It always feels like going on an adventure, dozing off to dreamland so it's rather annoying when I wake up remembering absolutely nothing.
Thanks for the tips Cay!
For me, I occasionally remember snippets or often nothing at all. As I said, recently, I've been getting more clear messages and symbols. I quit smoking cigarettes (again) just within the past few months so I find that in my dreams I'm often looking for a smoke from someone, and it's often there that my jumping off point of recollection comes to me. A little ironic, but I'll take it.

I think as caycegal said, as with anything it's intention, I think if we start forgetting our dreams sometimes, we wake up without a memory, and it's easy to get into the habit of sleep being a dark place of just "rest" for our tired bodies and minds without a lot of excitement. I think a lot of forgetting has to do with the veil and the work we do in our dreams, the learn/teaching we do that's 4D+ that we can only access subconsciously yet at this stage. Substances and things we ingest have a lot of effect on dreams (minus the setting of intentions) - I've smoked marijuana for a long while so I think that adds a depressing affect upon dreams, where as when I used to drink alcohol, it would always end up with very vivid dreams. Eating certain foods before sleeping can affect how we dream too, though I think a lot of that is the unconscious sleep-interpreting indigestion. Tongue

Anyway, as I said, I've only been dictating my dreams for a week. This was my 3rd successful attempt out of 6 or 7, and I had a clear and amazing experience. So it comes very highly recommended as a practice! Prior to me making the actual regular attempts at intention, I was definitely noticing that almost all of my dreams occurred "after school" or "after work" in often similar building structures with lots of mystery. This was confirmation to me that I was teach/learning/"working" in my dream world so now I'm really curious where I go, and eventually it would be great if I could set me intentions to do specific work and maybe help specific people? I'm not sure. I spend a lot of time "after work" at my old job where I still care for many people who work there and had an irrational attachment to seeing the place do well, to the point where I martyred myself. So I'm very interested in the phenomenon and I will definitely keep you guys informed if I have anymore exciting and uplifting journeys or messages!

Melissa

I remember returning to a place I used to work with 'mentally disabled' people, observing everything that occured and I don't think they could see me. Somehow I could assist my former colleagues on how itegrate spirituality into their work. The whole place transformed from a muffy stuffy brownish ambiance to a transparent, vibrant place where the energies flowed ever so easily. It really was wonderful so see everybody so happy.
Very nice dream night last night. Spent a fair amount of time in the borderline state, aware of both worlds to some extent, and practicing mindfulness meditation. Awoke feeling happy, remembering parts of some dreams, with a good "vibrational" feeling.

For some reason I dreamed of being in a room where Dennis Quaid was the stand-up performer.

Also, as I awoke, the name Colsaerts popped into my head. Of course I had been watching the US Open last night, but not paying any special attention to Colsaerts, so I'm waiting to see if there's any clue about why his name appeared - or maybe it will turn out to be random.
Tons of dreams, but an interesting theme that has been developing is that in the few dreams I have involving guns being fired at me (maybe once every 1-2 months), they never seem to hit me.

Last dream I had last night involved being at like best buy and one of the guys fixing my family's computer got frustrated and actually damaged it more and the hoped we wouldn't notice. Some huge asian guy, like 7 feet tall. I confronted him just because he needed to be involved in the resolution process of fixing the item but he wasn't having anything of it and pulled a gun on me at point blank range and fired. I moved my hand to divert the barrel but I had the impression that the bullet when through me because of the guy's wide eyed stare after he fired and how he didn't struggle when I removed the gun from his hand. I didnt feel a bullet so I didn't check myself. The dream ended as the store manager did not want to get involved becuse of the gun, and an old actually crazy client of mine wanted me to a sign a sheet handing power of attorney for the dispute over to her - I considered it for a second and then ripped the sheet up Smile. I think the dream was another power related dream.

What's interesting is for the past year and half years, I've probably had 6-7 dreams involving guns being fired at me at rather close range. Each time I never get hit (or perhaps get hit unknowingly).

I hope this doesn't affect me if someone actually pulls a gun on me in real life lol.

(06-14-2013, 01:06 PM)Guenivere Wrote: [ -> ]For me, I occasionally remember snippets or often nothing at all. As I said, recently, I've been getting more clear messages and symbols. I quit smoking cigarettes (again) just within the past few months so I find that in my dreams I'm often looking for a smoke from someone, and it's often there that my jumping off point of recollection comes to me. A little ironic, but I'll take it.

I think as caycegal said, as with anything it's intention, I think if we start forgetting our dreams sometimes, we wake up without a memory, and it's easy to get into the habit of sleep being a dark place of just "rest" for our tired bodies and minds without a lot of excitement. I think a lot of forgetting has to do with the veil and the work we do in our dreams, the learn/teaching we do that's 4D+ that we can only access subconsciously yet at this stage. Substances and things we ingest have a lot of effect on dreams (minus the setting of intentions) - I've smoked marijuana for a long while so I think that adds a depressing affect upon dreams, where as when I used to drink alcohol, it would always end up with very vivid dreams. Eating certain foods before sleeping can affect how we dream too, though I think a lot of that is the unconscious sleep-interpreting indigestion. Tongue

Anyway, as I said, I've only been dictating my dreams for a week. This was my 3rd successful attempt out of 6 or 7, and I had a clear and amazing experience. So it comes very highly recommended as a practice! Prior to me making the actual regular attempts at intention, I was definitely noticing that almost all of my dreams occurred "after school" or "after work" in often similar building structures with lots of mystery. This was confirmation to me that I was teach/learning/"working" in my dream world so now I'm really curious where I go, and eventually it would be great if I could set me intentions to do specific work and maybe help specific people? I'm not sure. I spend a lot of time "after work" at my old job where I still care for many people who work there and had an irrational attachment to seeing the place do well, to the point where I martyred myself. So I'm very interested in the phenomenon and I will definitely keep you guys informed if I have anymore exciting and uplifting journeys or messages!

When I smoked a 1-4 bowls a day for multiple days a week for a year a few years back in my medicinal marijuana days, I would never dream or at least never remember my dreams. I've maybe smoked twice in the past year due to the anxiety it started to produce now. My pothead friends describe similar dream effects. It's interesting to say the least. On the other hand smoking pot definitely helped me think outside the box. It's an interesting herb Smile
(06-15-2013, 10:22 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Tons of dreams, but an interesting theme that has been developing is that in the few dreams I have involving guns being fired at me (maybe once every 1-2 months), they never seem to hit me.

Last dream I had last night involved being at like best buy and one of the guys fixing my family's computer got frustrated and actually damaged it more and the hoped we wouldn't notice. Some huge asian guy, like 7 feet tall. I confronted him just because he needed to be involved in the resolution process of fixing the item but he wasn't having anything of it and pulled a gun on me at point blank range and fired. I moved my hand to divert the barrel but I had the impression that the bullet when through me because of the guy's wide eyed stare after he fired and how he didn't struggle when I removed the gun from his hand. I didnt feel a bullet so I didn't check myself. The dream ended as the store manager did not want to get involved becuse of the gun, and an old actually crazy client of mine wanted me to a sign a sheet handing power of attorney for the dispute over to her - I considered it for a second and then ripped the sheet up Smile. I think the dream was another power related dream.

What's interesting is for the past year and half years, I've probably had 6-7 dreams involving guns being fired at me at rather close range. Each time I never get hit (or perhaps get hit unknowingly).

I hope this doesn't affect me if someone actually pulls a gun on me in real life lol.

I had this dream the other day about these people who do this work...
Its still kind of an ongoing dream.

This is the latest development:

=)
(06-15-2013, 10:22 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Tons of dreams, but an interesting theme that has been developing is that in the few dreams I have involving guns being fired at me (maybe once every 1-2 months), they never seem to hit me.

feeling of being threatened?
I had a dream of a gun shooting me from a terrorist in our neighborhood. There was a gang of them. Was shot in the head. The death was peaceful for me. Didn't feel any pain. After I died I was helping out others emotionally that were also being terrorized. It happened as I was driving out of our neighborhood. Just came up to my truck and shot me in the head.

I'm not scared irl of being killed in this manner. Just don't want to suffer paralysis or pain of being shot, as I heard it hurts more than being stabbed.
(06-15-2013, 02:33 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

feeling of being threatened?

Perhaps?

In the dreams I don't feel threatened. It's more like "time to show this guy who is boss." Time to "own" him.

Perhaps that's a defense mechanism, I don't know. I'll have to ponder it.

I think in real life I would feel threatened though!!