Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Melissa

I remember a slightly haunting scene, just before waking up rather sweaty; I was walking the streets at midnight in my 'hometown' which seem to have a post-apocalyptic feel to it, desolated streets and eerily dark. I walked up to a parking area near an appartment building, there were some huge trees on one side and when I looked at the branches I heared a vague repetitive whisper in some sort of unknown language. It scared the crap out of me so I awoke slightly unnerved but instantly had the idea to cancel my funeral insurance today. Actually, to cancel every insurance. So, that's exactly what I'm going to do! haha.
You have funeral insurance? o.O
I had a coffee dream at the end of a long sequence last night. No coffee maker, just coffee. I was watching a group standing over me while I slept. They put a funnel in my mouth and were carefully tipping a small amount into the funnel. I woke up within the dream/woke up for real when it entered my mouth. The import here is blatant, but I thought it was neat that others' symbols cross over.

I haven't been posting much on this thread lately because I'm getting into that truly difficult part of dream work - the one where you can recall so much upon waking that you have to write shorthand so as to not waste your entire morning. The really tough part is the content of one of the sequences is often horrific beyond previous imagination, stuff I wouldn't dream about sharing in this forum (pardon the pun). It's almost as if my subconscious is saying, "well, what did you expect? you wanted to plumb the depths, you shouldn't be surprised it's dark".

Anyway, there was one sequence from last night that is share friendly that I don't understand yet:

I was part of a team of Star Trek type explorers who were working on an outpost on a foreign planet. We had rudimentary camps scattered in different regions, flying over in a silent craft, you could see them as they were all covered in blue tarps. This was a long sequence, I was spending much time at several camps and with many researchers helping with several experiments and projects. One day I had to go with another male member of the team and cover the whole region. On the way back we had to crash land, we were uninjured but in trouble, as there were very dangerous fauna about. Before we could find any cover three gigantic wolf-type creatures attacked. I had my hands on their teeth as I was fighting them on my back. My companion was able to escape and I knew I couldn't survive, they were too strong, when suddenly they froze and quickly retreated. A massive dark T-rex that shimmered with an electric golden energy had scared them off. It lowered its head within a foot of me but couldn't see very well at close range, which made it very angry.

When it raised it's head to get a better look, suddenly I could see through its eyes. I was looking down at a Yoda type creature (me) with with a comic expression of pure terror. Then I became invisible. Suddenly I was seeing from my own eyes on the ground again. The dinosaur had to now search with its head for me, biting at the ground, and I was able to slowly creep out of its reach. Eventually, the shimmering monster roared in anger and retreated. I made it back to the ship, got it working and flew back with the other guy. On the way back, I looked down at the encampments with their blue tarps and thought, 'do they know about the electric dinosaurs?'.

I should note that I had written a question down on my dream log, asking for an answer in the form a dream. The question was "How do I heal and strengthen my mind?"
I kept having repeated dreams of me aiming weapons, looking through the sights.

I figured out that it's just a sign that I need to starting "pulling the trigger" and taking action in my life and just starting creating things.

I've heard this message enough in many different forms.

Okay, I'll turn in a job application tomorrow. Gosh.

Melissa

(07-10-2013, 12:56 AM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]You have funeral insurance? o.O

Yeah *shrugs*
I had a dream that I was at work alone at the office (or so I thought). I knew I had work to do but instead I was just surfing the internet. Suddenly one of my coworkers walks by my desk and says "are you wasting your time online again? If I come by one more time and see you on the internet I'm shutting your computer off!" I remembered this dream on the subway to work and wasn't sure if it was a dream or something that actually happened at work yesterday.

I think this dream and the one about the ghost getting upset at me for ignoring it are telling me that I need to stop distracting myself and maybe spend less time online :S
I've been away, but I feel compelled to pick up on my habit of recanting my dreams here in this thread, since a synchronistic visitor sort of told me to. Tongue

Last night I only remember the very end of my dream. Something was going on on a stage and I was in the audience, however I had an usher/theater manager maneuvering me to a good standing view from the side very near the stage. It was important, it may have involved my husband. As soon as I got to a good viewing position, I noticed there was a giant, as in 10ft long, millipede, slithering its last couple feet behind a curtain on the wall. The usher who had positioned me asked if I was comfortable, and I said yes, dismissing the huge slithering thing as something to not care about. My friend David showed up apparently in cat form, I pointed out the large bug to him, he sniffed it and skirted backstage. Then I woke up.

About an hour ago an earwig/centipede/I'm not sure exactly showed up in my house. It was long and spindly and fairly reminiscent of my dream. It's a visitor we don't get very often so it was fun that it mirrored my dream imagery. My first instinct was repulsion even, because it's just something I'm not used to inside. We successfully wrangled it out the door though. Tongue

I really enjoy the idea of using coffee as a cue to "wake up" in the dream. I may have to focus on this.
so, my dreams delivered again!

if you really want to know something, really and truly, then you have access to it via the dream world.

much like trance channeling, the shutting down of the conscious mind in sleep allows a condition in which the distortions and filters of the self are temporarily removed, and a clearer access and pathway is enabled.

the dreams speak true; the interpretation that follows is one's own responsbility. In other words, there is an Answer to One's Calling; that answer subsequently must be put into conscious place (decoded, figured out).

my gosh. I see no real way of communicating the answer that I received in any other form than the way it was delivered.

*wow* *wow* *wow*
What was the question?
I had a dream this morning that I was exploring some area of deep space which I was expecting to be mostly empty, but instead I ran into Adonai One and TheEternal who were both exploring the same space. We all seemed to be interested in exploring different parts or aspects of this area, with Adonai wanting to explore all the nearby moons (maybe because of his moon archetype thread?). We all agreed that we were excited to find open and unexplored space and discover what mysteries were present. For some reason TheEternal kept talking about how certain things reminded him of Seattle haha.
Owl City has a song called Hello Seattle. It's ok.
Last night I dreamed I was spraying poison on a bug, and then this bug turned into a human and we were wrestling in the poison. Actually we were like fighting. Then he touched my chest and I woke up startled.
Poignant, Gem, seems to fit with the issue you are working on with your dog. Maybe it's saying that instead of seeing him as lesser than you (as you see a bug), see him as your equal (as a human), and realize that any pain you cause others is pain you are causing to yourself.
(07-11-2013, 12:58 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so, my dreams delivered again!

if you really want to know something, really and truly, then you have access to it via the dream world.

much like trance channeling, the shutting down of the conscious mind in sleep allows a condition in which the distortions and filters of the self are temporarily removed, and a clearer access and pathway is enabled.

the dreams speak true; the interpretation that follows is one's own responsbility. In other words, there is an Answer to One's Calling; that answer subsequently must be put into conscious place (decoded, figured out).

my gosh. I see no real way of communicating the answer that I received in any other form than the way it was delivered.

*wow* *wow* *wow*

Come on Plenum, make with the unexplainable.
Six asterisks and three wows means you have to follow up.

But seriously, I am in full agreement with you, I've had a few tremendous breakthroughs by asking specific, sincere questions. I do understand if you choose not to elaborate. I know exactly the feeling of recognizing something profound from the very deeply personal riddle offered by the subconscious. I haven't yet found a way to get clearer answers to questions. I think its because you have to decode it that the answers can be so clear, you circumvent the Law of Confusion.
Woke up feeling like a I had a life and limb risking adventure in a paraller land.

Could not feel more refereshed.
I had a terrible, no-good, nightmare last night!

In my dream, my husband and I both woke up in the middle of the night, and my memories were the same of going to sleep the evening before. However, it was winter when we woke up. Something had happened in the neighborhood where the police were going around fingerprinting the outsides of peoples' houses, however we paid them little attention when they got to us. My husband seemed like he had something to say to me, but he stopped himself, but a lady/friend of his (no real life person was in this role) arrived, and asked, "Did you do it?" He sighed, as if the jig was up, and told me that our relationship was over.

I broke. This has never even been a consideration in our relationship, we're pretty certainly what would be considered twins, and spend 98% of our waking time together cohabitating brilliantly. I became a sniveling, petulant, confused mess, and he acted as if I shouldn't be surprised. He said we had been growing apart. At another point in my fury of "why!"s he offered that he was homosexual as an excuse, but neither of us bought it. I was so floored and crazed and in the dream I knew that if I wanted to change his mind, I was definitely not going to do it the way I was behaving, but I couldn't help myself or my emotions. At one point even I recall looking into a mirror, and telling myself, "Well, this certainly is a difficult catalyst." but that only bought me a moment's worth of comfort, because I broke down again in utter despair. I eventually vocalized/cried out IRL which woke myself up. I didn't even have the instinct to wake him for comfort, in my twilight I told myself, "You go back to sleep and you just tell him no, it's not going to happen!" I don't recall anything from falling back asleep, however.

My husband helped hash it out with me a bit. He pointed out that it was probably an empathetic link with a Facebook friend of mine, who I actually grew up directly across the street from. I think of him often because he's one of the more awake people I know IRL, so I doubt it was a coincidence that we spent 10 years across the street from each other in our early lives. Anyway, yesterday he posted on his status that he was confused and reaching out because when he got home from work, his house was empty (no girlfriend, she had taken her small son and her new dog as well) and when he got ahold of her she said she was out of state but acting like nothing was wrong or different. She had severed ties and was lying to her family about her whereabouts as well, so he was just dumbstruck. My husband also rationalized that the reason dream-him couldn't give a good reason as to why it was over, was because there are no real reasons we would ever separate. Aww. He's been rickrolling me all morning to insist his love to me.

Still not sure why the police were dusting for fingerprints outside the house, in the middle of the night, in the middle of winter. At one point in the dream we went looking for them on the inside, and by wiping flour/powder along the base of the windows, we could somehow draw the shape of the fingerprints out from inside the house, because of whatever process the cops were using. There were tons of them, but it didn't faze us. We did inspect them intently, though.
Woah, I had a similar dream recently Guen (at least similar elements). Started with police trying to track someone down, next a female friend of mine who I recognized in the dream but didn't recognize outside the dream tried to convince me start going out with her. This caused me a lot of turmoil because while I wanted to love both her and my girlfriend but I knew my GF wouldn't accept it so I would have to break it off with one of them. In my case I choose to stay with my girlfriend.

So not the same dream by any means, but yours definitely reminded me of mine.
Very strange indeed! o.o I wonder who/what they are looking for...

eta: Started thinking maybe they were like, psychic protectors? Both of us had "infiltrators" in our dreams who masqueraded as friends, but offered a course of action that was not conducive to our emotional well being. I don't exactly feel affection towards our police force IRL, but in my dream we both paid them very little attention, and just let them do their job, even though it was pretty invasive. When I mentioned it to my husband awake, he joked, "If they ever DO try to do that, they better have a warrant!" Just a thought.
As I was falling asleep, I heard "I'm going to help you." I missed a little bit after this, but remember hearing "but you're probably not ready for this." As I was falling asleep, I saw an experience going in through an eye, being processed, and then going out into reality again. From there it once again was percieved by the eye, processed and brought into reality again. This cycle happened a number of times as in my mind's eye the process happened very quickly. In this dream the experience/catalyst didn't change, and when I questioned this, I received back 'meditation'. Fairly self explanatory. We keep creating the same catalyst for ourselves to experience until we release the distortion that is creating it. Meditation helps us pull apart the threads that form the knot of our more entrenched lessons.

After that, I was at my mother's sink, and I accidentally knocked a porcelain angel figurine into the sink. I realized that it had been several days since I had given my angels 'permission' to help me in my life.

Finally, as I lay there, I didn't lose awareness, but my body was becoming more and more relaxed. At a certain point, I realized that I was right on the threshold of lucid dreaming/astral projection. I could feel a pressure like something was assisting me in reaching this state as I had not intentionally gotten to this point on my own. As I had already stayed up longer than I had planned to, I opted to move my body and let my awareness slip into regular sleep.

My dreams themselves have often been situations or events where I'd be hard pressed to identify with any of the characters in the dream. At the same time, I might expericne the perspective of all of the characters. At the same time, they are strange, explaining metaphysical concepts through symbols. This makes it more difficult than my normal dreams to recall.
Guenivere, Spaced - I had a police dream last night too!

I was having a loud party and a police officer showed up in the middle of it. He asked in a stern voice if anyone had been smoking weed and I shouted "Guilty!" and showed him the evidence. "Very good" he said quietly, then left. The party raged on.

I think the test was whether or not I felt I was doing something wrong. I clearly didn't, so there wasn't any problem. I was the cop and the party-goer.

If this dynamic were applied to your dream, Guen, then your husband's interpretation appears correct. You were doing a forensic level investigation of your relationship, inside and out, looking for the tiniest clue that such a thing could happen to you. Sounds like you passed the test easily.
Interesting, I had a dream involving the police in a tangential way...it was all over the place though it could have been multiple dreams.

First, my friend and I were both interested in the same girl... he was more interested than I, so I let things go with her...then the next thing I remember, it's like ten years later and I'm married to the girl, and I have a son...but wait, it's not me, I am the friend, I think, or my friend and I merged into one. Or an alternate timeline. I don't know.

Her family is involved in the mafia, and then I come home one day and the police are there. The house was broken into. My wife is sobbing in the kitchen. Our infant son lies dead on the ground, with scrap marks on the carpet where his body was obviously dragged and beaten. I can't remember what I felt, I just know I held the baby's head and there seemed little visual injury though the he was dead. I envisioned energy running out of my palms and into the baby and closed my eyes and requested that the spirit not give up on the body. I said that this was great catalyst for me and my son's spirit, but we could learn from this. My son's gasped and started vomiting. The police were like holy s*** he's still alive and called for an ambulance.

I then remember my wife was mentally disturbed after that. She seemed to have given up believing that she would ever be safe and started to go out in public more often unannounced, with friends without keeping a low profile. I remember one time she and her girl friends are going out to a bar and she doesn't listen to me, saying its pointless and she is hoping they will find her and kill her. I remember taking some kitchen knives with me for protection as I tried to meet her group and protect her. I lose her in a crowd at the bar. Before I lose her, I find a person I know who also has a knife and wants to kill someone. It's someone who involved with the same mafia that's hunting my family. I convince him to help me protect my wife. We look for her in the bar but I find out via text she's at another one. I can't remember much more at that point.

I have a few other dreams too, but this one fit the dream involving the police.
Had a dream where a lot of people died in horrible ways and a lot of pain and suffering, but I did go to bed crying and sad so its no surprise. Don't remember the details all that vividly.

Melissa

Dreamed that I was a sort of roadie for a band, they performed just outside a huge circus tent, at great heights. Didn't really like it but there was a dog who became my friend. Woke up with aching limbs, again. Hmpf.

Brittany

I am currently in too much pain to sleep. My thoughts in the stillness of the night, however:

As the agony wracks my body, as the blessed relief of sleep flees from me, I stare deep into the smoke of the incense, and through the invisible pathways beyond conscious thought I become one with the knowing pleasure exploding within each molecule of existence. Each atomic unit of my pain is a shudder of infinite energy. The ecstatic serpent coils my spine like fire as the physical writhes in this affliction I have been blessed with in order to walk the Initiate's path. This is the rite of Agony and Ecstasy- the gateway of perceptions new, the feeling of that not felt by flesh. There is only Gold, and a Song, and a pulse from which each sensation springs. There is only Light.
So it was finally happening, I was finally traveling again. I get into an airport, and begin talking to the people there. While there, I meet some of the people that I met in Thailand. The regular passengers begin challenging my right to be able to fly, but the people that I met defend my decision.

While there, I decide to watch the new Disney film. I do this by opening up an 'other' side of my backpack. From the other side, I grab out a pair of headphones, and proceed to put them on. They were like the type of headphones at a library and were very good for a disposable set, as I had a portable movie watching device made by disney in the back side of my backpack.

Listening to the headphones and realizing that they were pretty good switched my dream. Suddenly I was in a movie studio, with a bunch of other people. Each of us had a cool project that we were demo'ing to the rest of the people there. Some aspect of my trip to Thailand was my demo for everyone. After mine had finished playing, everything became warped in such a way that people were visually and auditoraly isolated as though on a powerful drug. Everything was twisted around and convoluted making the environment seem claustrophobic and 'scary'. This was some kind of strange attack on the event. Before becoming completely incapacitated (it warped your senses to the point of not being able to do anything) I managed to make it to some kind of control room with a couple other people. Some time passed, where I was able to figure out that it was an attack by an entity outside the event, and eventually 5 people began peeling out of the twisted environment that I could see by brushing the dust of the convoluted environment off of themselves. Once they had brushed themselves off completely, it was simple for them to bust me out as well.

After this party, there was a break and everyone was in high spirits. Everyone was chilling outside and conversing very excitedly about their projects. Each person or occasionally a group of people had a seperate project they were going to share with everyone else. Mine had gone over really well, but up next was a very controversial/challenging project where a child was beaten with a hammer by his father. Luckily, everyone knew it was only 2 minutes long.

While everyone was relaxing, I heard a guy (was it the girl?) talking about Lex Zachary in a negative way. I stopped them, and mentioned that Lex Zachary was very empathic, and that they shouldn't talk negatively about him.

Shortly after that the dream ended.
My husband woke me up excitedly today because there was a young bunny on our front doorstep, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to process the strange events in my dream, though I do remember a golden eagle landing very near me on the ground, in a protective way (about as near as the bunny was at the front door).

Then IRL another bunny showed up, they groomed themselves, mated, then left, following each other through a loose fence slat. Sometimes 3D reality is satisfying enough!

Also, I love that we share here and then sync up with similar dream themes. If anyone wants some totem animals to start showing up, I think you know where to seek! I really should start working with the eagle, I think. I had one visit me IRL during a rainstorm when I was within days of awakening, and it's still one of the more magical things I've experienced. He's shown back up in my dreams a couple of times. I've had a few spiritual moments outside where an eagle, whose terrority we belong in, has circled overhead. I'm not 100% sure if that one is the golden eagle or if he's a bald eagle, since they are definitely more common near the city limits and they like to nest on the river nearby. Either way, I think it's important for me to pay more attention.
That would be a good topic for another thread IMO.

I get signs from Hawks/Eagles/Ravens often. I wouldn't want to clutter up the dream thread with them. :p
Oh I hopefully don't intend to, I just often get a lot of crossover images, where one appears to me in a dream and the next day I have a real life experience that ties in specifically. Animals are probably the most reliable symbolism that I've been able to pull from my dreams through most of my years. It certainly would be a wonderful thread topic of its own.
I was living in a strange house, and thought I heard something at my door, which faced to the east. My first look showed nothing. My second look and I found a very tall paper bag on the porch. It felt as if it was Christmas time, during the night, but I could see everything. Someone had left me a gift of homemade food within the bag. I could see the footprints in the snow.
Quote:To dream that you find something in the snow suggests that you are exploring and accessing your unused potential, abilities, and talents. You have uncovered some hidden talent and ability within yourself.
Quote:A dream of white snow may also be a play on words. Think of the fairy tale "Snow White" which is a wonderful tale of individualization. In the process of individualization, Carl Jung spoke of snow as being symbolic of the white stage of the anima--a time in the individuation process when the 'female' aspect of the soul is being purified or seen for who she truly is rather than simply remaining a unconscious projection of images of women in the waking world.

Individuation brings us to another characteristic of snow. It is said that no two snowflakes are alike so it is possible that a snow dream may be pointing to a profound level not only of purification but of individuation--a reaching of an authentic Self unhindered by the ideas, thoughts, and projections of others.

Quote:To dream that you receive a gift indicates that you are being rewarded and recognized for your generosity and giving nature.

Quote:To dream that it is night time, but it is still as bright as day, indicates that you now have clarity and insight into a once unclear situation. Something that was previously hidden is now being revealed to you.

Quote:To dream of footprints represents a clear path of ethics, morality, or hardwork that can be followed by others. Noticing what someone else did to get where they are.

Quote:To dream that you are headed east represents inner wisdom, rejuvenation, and spiritual enlightenment. You need to dedicate yourself to your goals, family, career, etc. The direction east also symbolizes the sun. Since east is related to the direction right, it can suggest that you are headed in the right direction.

Brittany

For some reason I and a large group of friends were visiting North Korea. Now, I've heard rumors of what life is like over there but have no real idea and have never visited the place in the flesh...just want to say that up front. In the dream, however, it was an absolutely horrible 1984 type of situation. Everyone had to be extremely careful what they said because someone was always listening. At one point I said something totally harmless to one of my friends and a military guy came out of nowhere and begin to question me, and it terrified me.

People were not supposed to touch or really even make eye contact, and a lot of them wore hats with brims to cover their eyes. Men and women especially were not supposed to make eye contact or touch one another, and women were little more than furniture and had no rights whatsoever. If you bought or sold anything you had to fill out specific paperwork and if you didn't turn in the paperwork they could come and drag you off to god knows where. Travel to various parts of the city involved the same sort of burdening situation. Everyone was absolutely terrified of being taken away.

At one point I was in a sort of little park where people were selling wares, and an old man begged me to buy the last of this things so he could go home. I realized they would not allow him to go home until he had sold everything he had. I felt tremendous compassion for him and bought some things from him, but then realized I hadn't filled out the right paperwork and was worried they were going to come get me, though I managed to avoid any major trouble, mainly because I was a tourist and we were allowed some leeway. Our women could walk around with their heads uncovered and we could talk amongst each other as long as we kept our voices low. For some reason they were encouraging tourism, as if this lockdown were comparable to a luxury resort.

I had some sort of conversation at some point in the dream with one of the military people, and he managed to be both nice to me and threatening at the same time. He had a very unusual energetic feel to him. I'm fairly certain I had broken some sort of serious rule, but he was cutting me some slack, though at the same time it felt like he was sizing me up, the way a tiger checks out its dinner.

There was also a very close, personal moment between myself and a few very close friends. As far as I can remember, we were extremely happy to finally be able to be together in the flesh, but also sorrowful because we realized that we would have to endure great suffering soon, and hopefully our finally being together would bear us through it. I can't remember the specifics.

There was some sort of shrine for a massacre that took place that was rather popular, but there was a very specific set of ritual behaviors one was supposed to undergo before visiting it, including walking the path that marked all the events that had transpired, and making offerings to and getting blessings from the gods of the shrine. I wanted to do it, but we didn't seem to have time.

When I woke up, the name "Michael James Howard" was whispered into my ear. I googled it and there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of people with that name (it's also a graphic design company), so I'm still a little vague on what it was supposed to mean.
I fell asleep in a hammock in the middle of a bunch of trees today and i had a dream that was just a series of closeups of the leaves and moss and dirt and stuff around me. I woke up feeling very refreshed. Highly recommended!