Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[deleted / swiss cheese]

Aloysius

Lately I've been having dreams that I thought were recurring over sporadic periods of time as I had memories of things in the dreams and recognized the dream figures and understood the events, basically had memories of being in that "dream world" before. However upon thoroughly scanning my journal it turns out that all the memories I have for each dream are simply there in my "self" within each dream and each dream has been singular and not repeating in happenings or characters. Lol it's weird.
Has anyone else had this kinda thing happen?
<reboot>
Man my higher self likes crafting dreams where I'am dodging sharp things.

Not gonna go into detail but basically instead of a female ninja throwing ninja stars at me, it was a old man dressed as a clown who came back from the dead because my grandma had killed him, anyway he starts throwing razor cards at me hehe. A few hit me though and I had cards sticking out of my skin.

Gotta admit I laughed, the clown wasn't always a clown the dream started of the old man was performing on stage infront of my assorted personalities (i.e my grandma, friends representations of my different persona's) Anyway my personas turn on him and my sweet old grandma kills him. Next minute he comes back as a pennywise look a like with guns and razor cards hehe.

Looked like this. Luckily I have no fear of clowns so it was quite humorous in the dream.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdBCnaazUTZ5qbDywdk5S...xGoyB4RXSa]
(09-15-2013, 03:40 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2013, 10:39 AM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]I had a dream that my wife and I were driving to vacation down a highway. Than things happened on the road and I almost hit a bunch of people and people were driving super crazy. My wife was asleep during that and I pulled off the highway into a small town to get my bearings again. She woke up and we got out of the car and went to a little shop. When we came out and walked across the street a jeep kept trying to hit my wife. I got super pissed and jumped off the ground and tried to punch the guy in the passenger seat but my wife held me back and told me not to. I became aware that I was dreaming then and tried to use lucid super powers in my rage against the guys in the jeep. But my powers didn't work. I was only as strong as I am in waking life. I fought them and my wife jumped in on it. I beat the driver out of the car and the passenger wouldn't stop fighting me. I eventually twisted his neck around and kept slowly twisting and after a long time of twisting it finally gave a faint pop. I still wasn't for sure he was dead but I threw him out of the truck anyways. I need the keys from the driver and then the scene changes. I'm by the edge of a cliff and the guys are in a ship with a hot air balloon connected to it. My wife and I attack with powerful weapons and defeat them after blowing each side of the ship up. We then go in the ship and I find the passengers journal. We was writing about us in there and it wasn't totally good, but wasn't bad either. He also had a black and white picture of us in it. My wife wanted to see what I was reading and then freaked out when she saw it. We then decided to dispose if the ship by shoving it down the cliff side. We pushed it over and she was with it and it scared me that she was gonna fall and die but she had some super powers to skim right back up the side of the steep incline. We then needed to get rid of the balloon so we threw it over and she skimmed down with it and so did I. On the way up a bunch of immigrants from Mexico came to us and asked us if we had any work for them. We went up the hill and were with some people from my old choir and were singing a cool song. I knew I was dreaming and tried to take the song with me out of my dream and then awoke with next to no memory of the song.
---
I find it interesting that this was the first time I became aware of dreaming while being in complete rage. Mostly I am meditating in my dream and then become lucid and am in a state of unity within myself. The rage seemed to block my senses from see all as myself, so even though I was aware I was dreaming I was still not in reality 'lucid'.

Interesting, please post if you get any of it figured out. Is rage something you deal with much in waking life? Nice that you and your wife are able to work together as a team.
So after discussing it with some others and examining closer for myself I find that this was an experience with my shadow self. I'm never mad or even close to having rage in waking life and I use no violence of any sort.

This dream was showing me the potential for another side of me. My male and female energies were working together and capable of great destruction.

It's a bit hard for me to accept that I have the potential of great rage and destruction within me, but I do. And I must learn to accept it as a part of myself while also choosing my actions that I wish to use.

It's a great thing that I got to experience this rage and violence in a safe setting to get to understand it without actually causing harm to others, to prompt me to acknowledge my shadow self.

And also,

While my shadow self had much power it wasn't the same amount of power as my light self. It was very limited because in my rage I was unable to see the greater truth (that all is one).
I had a dream last night where I was given a violin to play. The person who handed it to me played a beautiful song on it to show me how it was done and then handed it over. However, I was having a hard time figuring out how to make music with it, with the strings not really making much noise when I would draw the bow across them, and my fingers having a hard time forming chords. Instantly all these people who were around me wait expectantly ffor me to make some music started going "oh let me see that" "let me try" "here let me show you how to do it" etc. not really giving me a chance to figure it out on my own. I let one of them have the violin and they started messing with the tuning so I grabbed it back, another person grabbed the bow and started messing around with it, whacking it against things and messing with the hairs so I had to take it back from them. Then at the end of the dream I was still trying to play my violin which was now de-tuned with a slightly warped bow, though now I was starting to get some sound from the strings.

When I thought about the dream I realized that it had to do with one of my major challenges in this life which how I often let others shape my life for me, submitting myself to their will and their ideas of what I should do. For a long time I would just let other people make decisions for me because they seemed so eager to see me succeed that I thought they must have my best interests at heart and I just really wanted to make them happy. I see now that I have done myself a lot of harm by not allowing myself to experiment and learn from my own choices or to develop the willpower to make my own choices and see them through, since other people, even if they have my best interests at heart, don't really know the real me and what I need. Now I have started to take back my power, just like at the end of the dream with me grabbing back the violin and bow and starting to play again for myself, but there is some damage to be undone.
good stuff Spaced!

dreams are the most fantastic resource for knowing the self.

when given the right interpretation of course BigSmile
I had a guide tell me emphatically tell me "take back your damn power" when I was giving it away. And realize that I am Creator as is everyone. This tells me to have self confidence and self respect and self worth. It's easy for me to feel unworthy, particularly when I open up to my social memory complex and can feel their love, which is not very often that I do. My heart feels numbed out by my meds. But at least my 3rd eye isn't going crazy and producing hallucinations both visual and auditory.

In my dreams I listen better to other people, but one time a dream character told me that I was dreaming, but I didn't believe them, and I lost the chance to become lucid.

Brittany

I dreamed I had a beard. It was weird.
zombie zombie zombie! I need to research this s***...

First the dream is about working at my old office in California, and how I took Thursday off and planned to go to work Friday. I wakeup mad late Friday morning like at 9am and I have sweat all over my shirt and I'm probably sick or recovering from some sickness. I decide that I can't risk taking Friday off since it'll look like I just wanted a long weekend without asking and so I go into work. I recall seeing my boss who was at the time super intimidating.

Then, another dream. This time, I was entering a zombie infested building with another person. We were investigating something. It was at the beginning of the zombie outbreak so my associate was very skeptical and had not seen a zombie yet. I told him to arm himself and these zombies could act normal and had higher intelligence but to not let them near you because they like to eat human flesh. He seemed to agree. I took a sword and some climbing gear b/c the building we were to enter was an office skyscraper. The bottom floors were empty. In the middle floor, there was movement and it was dark and in the confusion we got separated. I get into a room being swarmed with zombies so I have to break the window and repel. I enter another room and there seem to be 4 zombies, 2 adults and 2 kids, they are sleeping but waking up as I break through the glass. They look recently infected and as I go to sword the kid zombie he looks possibly unaffected so I move my sword swing away at the last minute and go back out the window. Before I leave the window area, I see my associate enter the room. He seems relieved to see the 4 possible zombies. The adult zombies wake up and start to talk to him. He seems relieved he and the 4 strangers all sit together on a couch. I get worried because they are too close to him and I'm not sure I can handle all four zombies if they are zombies. They ask him where I am and he tells them he got separated from me and he hasn't seen me in a while. The zombies then smile and grab his arms and legs and proceed to hold him down for what comes next...

Then it goes to the next dream. I'm in my old house I grew up in from ages 1-12. There are four of us, me, Brittany!!, and two others. There is a portal to the zombie underground in my basement. We are preparing for an incursion. We got over that the zombie infection is in the saliva and to avoid getting bitten. Before we go, we prepare dinner, Brittany and I in the kitchen - closest to the basement door, the other two guys still gearing up in the master bedroom, the room furtherest away from the basement door. However, halfway through the dinner prep, the power goes out...we continue cooking as we have a gas grill...but then there are sounds from the basement door, and it sounds like the basement door is breaking open. The gas shuts off, its complete darkness as it is already nighttime. There are sounds of shuffling; I lose track of Brittany, but I make it to the bedroom and the guys let me enter and I bar the door. Minutes pass by and we don't hear any word or screams or anything from Brittany. Then, maybe 10 minutes later, we hear frantic pounding at the door, and the other guys decide to open it and let what sounds like Brittany in. I'm worried, so I manage to use some of my climbing gear and I climb to the top of the ceiling in the master bedroom which is 15 feet high. Brittany enters alone. She tells them that the zombie infection here is "very pure" and for them not to worry. She licks her lips oddly. It seems her immune system was enough to conquer the infection. But then she begins kissing the other guys. Their actions begin to change a little too. I'm worried about what will happen next. I then wakeup.

p.s. Brittany I think you're in the dream because I've seen so many pictures of yours doing the zombie walk haha Smile
Brittany is down with her bad zombie self. Maybe you should check out your local undead scene. :p

Brittany

I would turn a zombie virus into something awesome. Cool

I had a dream last night that was both awesome and sad. I'd been on a trip somewhere, and was changing flights in a very large airport. I was heading toward my next fight to go home, and some random people grabbed me and pulled me back into some back rooms. It turns out there was a portal to another world back there, but you had to know it was there to enter it, or someone had to take you. The people that grabbed me told me they needed my help with some galactic emergency type thing. I suddenly had super powers and could jump up on buildings with no effort. Tanner was brought there, too, as well as some other people, but I can't remember who they were.

So we all had a big adventure. I don't remember much of it, but I remember that several times I crossed back through the portal into my home world, and found out my family was looking for me since I'd never arrived home. Some cops tried to stop me, and I ran back through the portal, not wanting to leave the amazing world on the other side. This happened several times, and finally I talked to my mother and realized that I was hurting everyone who loved me by disappearing like that, and that it would be extremely selfish for me to continue blowing them off just so I could have fun, when I was still needed back home.

With a heavy heart I entered the portal for the last time, to tell everyone goodbye. Tanner said that he needed to be getting home, too, and we hugged and cried. I cried almost as hard as I did when physical Tanner left our house after homecoming. I really, REALLY wanted to stay in that other world.

In my second dream my parents took me on a vacation to this little country town in Indiana. We were staying in some sort of cottage hotel that was extremely nice. I sort of wished I actually lived there, because it was such a beautiful place, surrounded by forests and gardens and quaint little shops. I walked out back and saw Fox from homecoming moving some large stones for a walkway through the grass. She said she'd actually moved to the place, and really liked it. We talked about gardening for a little bit then I moved on. I found out my dad had paid six thousand dollars for a painting of a cat. It wasn't even a very good painting, but he was in love with it. My mom seemed annoyed, but not as mad as I'd expect her to be.

At some point it turned into this sort of British mystery show, that I was both watching and a part of. I was with another young woman on what I think was a cruise ship, and people started disappearing. I found out the person kidnapping people was this young man, but no one suspected him because he was very attractive and gentlemanly and nice. We finally found all the people he'd taken in the bowels of the ship, all chained to various pipes, and all of them with completely blank expressions, as if their minds had been wiped clean. I wasn't sure what he was actually doing with these people, but it didn't look good, and he was after us next.

I wound up locking eyes with him, and for a moment he seemed paralyzed by my stare, but then he pulled some sort of trick and moved away very fast. I saw where he had snuck off to, though, and followed him. He started running after my friend and she was running away from him, and I yelled "Don't run from him! Grab him! Stop him!" So she turned around and grabbed onto him instead, which seemed to surprise him. I ran up and tackled him as well, and we fell to the floor. The two of us managed to hold him down so he couldn't cause more trouble.

A very large man came up. He was one of the leaders of the evil organization the man worked for. He told the man that all of his hijinks were ruining the organization's reputation, and that they couldn't put up with his oppositional schemes anymore. He said that the man would be judged, and then I woke up.

Unbound

~*Dream Heroes*~ Smile
Brittany, your reluctance to return in your dream is straight out of Joseph Campbell's Journey of Heroes - the "Refusal to Return" at 3 o'clock (it starts counter-clockwise at 12) (he found an archetype hero's journey in all culture's mythology, David Wilcock believes it's an archetype for spiritual evolution as well):

[Image: monomyth.jpg]
I had a dream that was super deep and I know I had to wake up but didnt really want to. I had been rolling in bed for around an hour, in between the desire to fart, go to the toilet, fall asleep, and not fall asleep with such a strong desire to piss lest I piss myself by accident as I fall asleep. But still managing to get asleep in regular few minute intervals. This was at that special point in the morning where just opening your eyes can wake you up entirely.

So as I was in one of the deeper points of dream within this fluctuating dream cycle at the end of my normal dream cycle a lightning with loud thunder struck somewhere near by and I woke up startled, didnt want to wake up because I noticed the timing was a clear higher message "get of yo butt man" signal and I wanted to go... "bugger someone else" and at that moment my friend called me and I had to get up.

All in all, Tl;dr; Woke up to a clap of thunder.

Unbound

You sure it wasn't just gas?
(09-19-2013, 04:10 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]You sure it wasn't just gas?

You want me to believe I can fart as loud as a thunder and not feel it in my gentle and all sensing eye? You know, the Brown Eye one.

How rude of you Tongue
from where i'm sitting, to get excessive synchronicity is to be pleasantly haunted. seeing synchronicity is like seeing a nice ghost. every time i get a "synchronicity" i'm reminded the paranormal is real -- the subconsciousness is real. i woke up at some top-of-the-hour time in the middle of the nite last nite & the second i looked at the clock the :00 became :01 & this startled me so much that i completely ignored/forgot the time it was.

last nite i dreamed i was in school again & i was about to graduate & i had done something amazing that allowed me to be able to quit going to classes way before any1 else. i told the classmates around me, "today's my last day. Smile" & they seemed jealous...so then i decided i'd stay until the end since they all had to.
Quote:Some of humanity’s most incredible scientific discoveries, enduring cultural touchstones and profound philosophical revelations began in dreams. Yet, we forget most of what we experience while asleep within five minutes of waking up. That’s a huge amount of data we forget each day. What would happen if we remembered? We’re here to find out.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hunt...f-dreamers
Redacted due to forum being evil and not posting properly, will talk a bout it another time.*
last nite i dreamed i was in a group of people that were getting to meet obama. when it was my turn to see him he seemed happy to see me & said, "hey, sarah!" all happy-sounding then he said something i didn't follow...i had a feeling i was supposed to go along with it just so we could kill some time in each other's presence...but i didn't say anything then he said, "will you talk to me?" then to my surprise i replied with a "no..." with a really strained-sounding voice then he got offended & walked over to the next person. then a female started telling me that he tried to flirt with me then i told her he was just trying to kill time.

i have no idea why i wouldn't make some nonsense-talk with obama in the dream...in waking life i would.
i woke up being 100% certain i had dreams that were so good that the reason i couldn't recall them was bc of how good they were. too much goodness to handle? didn't think that was possible...

i went back to sleep & got lots of dreams to remember but there was nothing too interesting other than hearing an old friend singing a song that went: "s-s-s sons of america!"

Aloysius

Lol I was climbing trees and then got conscripted into the military.
Had a dream that was more like me hanging out with a group of people without the ability to defend/turn the signal in any way and on this other earth doing things including trying to avoid a Russia/US nuclear war that was ongoing while we were airborne.

Lots of the dream focused explaining to me how one might, appropriately, feel emotions in certain situations.

Melissa

Had a dream where I was at a fancy dinner party. There was a table centered in the room with guests that were the so-called 'elephant in the room', for reasons unknown to me. Nobody dared to even look at the table, which caused me so much aggravation that I began to talk loudly at those particular guests, especially towards the male at the head of the table. Well, that's when everybody started panicking, telling me I had to leave because 'they' would kill me. When I left there was a guy following me and it scared me a bit because I thought he was one of 'them'. He never spoke a word, neither did I. After a few violent attempts at self-defence it dawned on me that he was there to guide me to a safe place. The whole dream had a very cinematic feel to it.

Brittany

I had an extremely vivid dream last night. My husband and I went to this new shopping mall that was very huge and fancy. A lot of the stores were giving out free samples, especially the food stores, and I realized we could make a whole meal of the free samples. At the same time, this plot was overlapped with me being some sort of agent infiltrating the mall, and using stealth technology to get around bad guys. These seemed to be happening at the same time. I had perhaps bi-located.

At some point I forgot the infiltrator part and was just enjoying the mall with my husband. We passed an area that looked very familiar, and I wondered aloud if I had been there as a young child, even though the mall was supposed to be new. We then found an arcade area full of games, and as soon as I entered it my indigo ray exploded. What a head rush! I don't know what in that area caused that effect, but it excited me greatly.

I then had to briefly leave for some reason, and when I came back there were police outside the mall. They said some guy had gone nuts and shot up the place. I started screaming "My husband is in there!", and they surprisingly let me through without question. I ran into the mall, searching desperately for him, praying that he hadn't been killed. I finally found him, unhurt. He said he'd heard the gunfire but been too far away to see what happened, though it seemed the shooter had been after one person specifically, though many had been injured.

A woman who worked at the mall came by and said they were closing because of the incident, so my husband and I stood up to leave. He walked out the door and I hesitated for some reason, perhaps to get my purse, and suddenly a huge, black bat appeared out of nowhere and started flying right at me. I screamed "Walter, a bat is chasing me!" It scared me a lot for some reason, but then I thought "Maybe this is one of my spirit animals", so I stopped and held out my hand and the bat perched on my hand, and I realized he was actually pretty cute and there was nothing to be afraid of.

To my great surprise the bat started talking to me. I can't remember much of what was said, except that he said his name was Malachi.

The next thing I remember my husband and I were trying to leave the mall, but the police suddenly seemed to want to keep everyone in instead. A few guys charged their lines, though, doing all this crazy stuff, and we were able to slip through in all the chaos and get free. I woke up at that point.

I also had another strange dream with my husband. We were sitting on the couch at home and I saw something weird on the wall. I thought maybe it was a large insect but couldn't see it clearly, so he went over to check it out. It's hard to explain what happened next. The small shape started expanding and turned into some sort of weird origami that spread over our walls. There was something that looked like a bright green and purple fractal, and a bunch of inter-locking red and black stars. It was quite beautiful, but we were also scared because there was no way to explain what was happening. This stuff was just appearing in our house, until the whole house was covered with it.

Even more bizarre, decorated Christmas trees started appearing in our house as well, until the whole house was swathed in trees and tinsel. I was yelling "How is this happening?!?" and he was yelling "I don't know!" and I could tell by his expression that he was afraid. At the same time, the things appearing were so extremely beautiful it was hard to be afraid of them. It was more of a shock at what was happening.
(09-23-2013, 11:40 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Some of humanity’s most incredible scientific discoveries, enduring cultural touchstones and profound philosophical revelations began in dreams. Yet, we forget most of what we experience while asleep within five minutes of waking up. That’s a huge amount of data we forget each day. What would happen if we remembered? We’re here to find out.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hunt...f-dreamers

I'd kick that.
I can't remember who I was with but we were supposed to be picking up some rare marijuana seeds and selling them to some guys. What we encountered when we got there was someone with a small lizard that wouldn't allow us to catch it. It finally jumped onto the back of my head and calmed down so I allowed it to stay there for the car ride. As we get to our destination, there were two Rastafarian looking guys. When we told them that all we had was a lizard, they knew exactly what to do. They had it bite onto something which made it regurgitate these beautiful striped seeds to which we had to scramble to get before the lizard are them again. Was quite the odd dream lol.
(10-03-2013, 07:00 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember who I was with but we were supposed to be picking up some rare marijuana seeds and selling them to some guys. What we encountered when we got there was someone with a small lizard that wouldn't allow us to catch it. It finally jumped onto the back of my head and calmed down so I allowed it to stay there for the car ride. As we get to our destination, there were two Rastafarian looking guys. When we told them that all we had was a lizard, they knew exactly what to do. They had it bite onto something which made it regurgitate these beautiful striped seeds to which we had to scramble to get before the lizard are them again. Was quite the odd dream lol.

Reminds me of those blue marbles that zoidberg coughed up at the hippie convention in futurama.

[Image: bh0dps.jpg]
last nite i died again in a dream. so far i've been shot to death (more than once), smashed to death, drowned to death, fell to death, tornadoed to death (many times) & that's all i can think of right now...but in the dream from last nite i was in the passenger seat of a vehicle & me & don't kno who are driving down the road & suddenly i'm aware of what looks like fog coming our way. i then get a strong knowing that every1 on earth was getting killed at the same time & the time was approaching rapidly. i saw the earth split open right under where the car was, in the middle of the road, & i knew we were going down & i was about to die any second so i plugged my ears & held my breath then thought that dying w/ every1 in the world is a neat way to go but doesn't make it any less scary for me.