Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember bits of a dream that took place in a sort of courtroom. I was some kind of lawyer and me and other lawyers were giving people hearings to help decide what sort of experiences they should to have in their next lives.

After waking up and going back to bed I remember a dream where people where making fun of me for wearing a smelly pair of pants, and I was calmly explaining that they were the only pants I owned.
(05-13-2014, 09:22 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]After waking up and going back to bed I remember a dream where people where making fun of me for wearing a smelly pair of pants, and I was calmly explaining that they were the only pants I owned.

did that evoke feelings of shame (in the dream)?

anything happen in the last few days that might have resulted in buried feelings of shame?

and don't worry, no need to answer publicly, these are more prompting type questions I guess; after all, if it was shame, it would be hard to talk about here in an uber-public space such as this Smile
(05-13-2014, 01:44 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2014, 09:22 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]After waking up and going back to bed I remember a dream where people where making fun of me for wearing a smelly pair of pants, and I was calmly explaining that they were the only pants I owned.

did that evoke feelings of shame (in the dream)?

anything happen in the last few days that might have resulted in buried feelings of shame?

It felt more like the people were trying to make me feel ashamed of something I couldn't change and wasn't particularly ashamed about. Can't really think of anything in particular that I felt ashamed about recently.
I was in a room faced with a lion that was running haphazardly in a rapid, determined manner all around the room. I didn't fear it -- I simply avoided it biting me over and over again, matching its pace. Eventually it ran out of the room to the outside and collapsed in great exhaustion.

I've determined the meaning:

[Image: tarot11.jpg]
(05-13-2014, 02:27 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]It felt more like the people were trying to make me feel ashamed of something I couldn't change and wasn't particularly ashamed about.

yeah, I guess it comes down to the emotions that were triggered/felt while in the dream state. That holds the key clues to decoding dreams I've found.

The Unshamable Spaced. Congrats on your sole pair of pants BigSmile

I guess I also should have taken more notice of your *calmly explaining* part in the OP.

<slaps forehead>
During meditation on Sunday morning, my mind lead me to a spool of thread that wound itself into a tree. I rested inside a raindrop at the end of a leaf that clung to a branch. This florescent raindrop held swirling colors that spun around me as the liquid walls vibrated slowly around my body, becoming severed by my wings then blending together again.
I guess I was dreaming?...

(05-13-2014, 02:35 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I was in a room faced with a lion that was running haphazardly in a rapid, determined manner all around the room. I didn't fear it -- I simply avoided it biting me over and over again, matching its pace. Eventually it ran out of the room to the outside and collapsed in great exhaustion.

I've determined the meaning:

[Image: tarot11.jpg]

Nice meaning.
That sounds like something my pets would do. XD >^.^< U^.^U
I was helping people build a nuke. But I was using nitro glycerin instead of uranium.
Before that a large deer chased me into a cave.

Before that I was flying over houses, and saw a large speaker on top of one house.

Before that I was smoking a cigarette. I don't smoke in real life. I offered someone one of them. I think one of the cigarette's was broken.
(05-14-2014, 06:15 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I was helping people build a nuke. But I was using nitro glycerin instead of uranium.
Before that a large deer chased me into a cave.

Before that I was flying over houses, and saw a large speaker on top of one house.

Before that I was smoking a cigarette. I don't smoke in real life. I offered someone one of them. I think one of the cigarette's was broken.

i was flying in 1 of my dreams a couple nights ago. flying isn't something i ever think about in waking life so when i get dreams where i'm flying it makes me believe (even more strongly) that it'll happen in (what i perceive as) my waking life (sooner or later)

it's the 1st time flying felt as normal as walking in a dream. i wasn't remotely lucid
Flying is a good dream Sarah Smile
(05-14-2014, 07:10 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]i was flying in 1 of my dreams a couple nights ago. flying isn't something i ever think about in waking life so when i get dreams where i'm flying it makes me believe (even more strongly) that it'll happen in (what i perceive as) my waking life (sooner or later)

it's the 1st time flying felt as normal as walking in a dream. i wasn't remotely lucid

I had a dream once where I could fly. It was in the house where I was living at that time, and my granny was there. I told her that I could fly (in the dream), but she didn't believe me, so I showed it to her and explained how it was done. Flying was as easy as walking. And then I woke up.

That dream was so vivid, and I guess that I wasn't fully awake yet, that I had to go to the spot in that house where I showed my granny how to fly, and I stood there for a while just looking at that place. My brain wasn't really awake yet I guess, so it didn't get quite catch that it was impossible. But I remember standing there and thinking "but it's so easy! I just did that! I know how to do it. It's totally possible". Even to this day when I think about that moment in the morning after just waking up from that dream, and standing there and looking at that spot where I flew in my dream, I am still laughing about how confused I was about having that vivid dream where I flew and then waking up to reality where you can't. BigSmile
I was walking and I looked at the earth sky and enjoyed the beauty of it. I was admiring how beautiful earth was, then a gaurd in a gaurd tower starting shooting me And my friends so I ran. No one got shot.

I then was underground surrounded my earthworms, I wasn't scared.

In my next dream, (when I fell back asleep) I was looking outside my window to see a flying white duck quacking. When the duck landed, fireworks started to come flying out of it and it looked beautiful and happy. Lots of fireworks and the duck quacked specifically in the air.

Any ideas!?
my dream last night:

I was on the phone and talking to this woman. She was like Helpdesk or something (the person you call at work when you have computer/network/technical issues).

I asked her: "can you help me find the Encyclopedia yyy", and the 'yyy' was the Encyclopedia Britannica, a very popular complete encyclopedia that we had in Australia when I was growing up. But I couldn't remember the 'Britannica' part of it, and so I had to describe the physical look of the books, and how they were leather bound, and had a stripe on the spine to indicate if it was macro-knowledge or micro-knowledge etc etc.

I waited a long time, as she tried to find what I was looking for, and the dream ended before there was any resolution to my query.

- -

the Interpretation: I was somehow interacting with spirit guides or spiritual fields (the woman on the other side of the phone), and I wanted to know something or be informed, but because I couldn't phrase it in an exact manner, or be clear about what I wanted, she couldn't help me.

the Takeaway: the importance of being able to frame requests in an explicit and clear manner ('what do you want?'), and that the clarity of the 'calling' plays a big role in it being able to be fulfilled by whatever spiritual assistance we might have available to us.

good dream.
At one point I was helping a girl animate some anthros. I think they were in their underwear.

After that I was on a tree that was slowly walking along the ground. It left a trail of paint behind, on
a piece of paper.

After that I was fiddling with a glass sculpture (a boot?), and trying to fit it on a shelf, but it kept falling down,
so I looked at a lower place for it but did not find any.
all i can recall from sleeptime this time is seeing 1 of my old cats right before waking up (the 1 that had green eyes)

he was close to my face & staring at me. he looked happy (& his eyes were looking very green) then i smiled & thought, "you really like me - don't u?" then i woke up right after thinking this
(05-15-2014, 07:29 AM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]I was walking and I looked at the earth sky and enjoyed the beauty of it. I was admiring how beautiful earth was, then a gaurd in a gaurd tower starting shooting me And my friends so I ran. No one got shot.

I then was underground surrounded my earthworms, I wasn't scared.

In my next dream, (when I fell back asleep) I was looking outside my window to see a flying white duck quacking. When the duck landed, fireworks started to come flying out of it and it looked beautiful and happy. Lots of fireworks and the duck quacked specifically in the air.

Any ideas!?

Well, my interpretation is that Earth is beautiful, but there is violence (represented by the shooting guard); this violence then affects our Earth (represented by earthworms; and remember when Ra said that the earth under our feet has started to resonate with the disharmony of our people?); but you're not scared of this disharmony (not scared of earthworms in the dream); and that it ends well, or has already started to end well (represented by fireworks=celebration, and a duck which is a bird, and a bird is a symbol of a message or a freed spirit in Archetypes). Maybe because it is a duck and not a more elegant bird it means that our Harvest and our transition is somewhat difficult, but we know that already. And nevertheless, we are on our way, so YAY - fireworks! Time to celebrate! Smile
I was on a back of a jet boat with My cousin Brian and I was telling him that a cruise ship was 10x bigger. Then the driver decided to go really fast so we did. When suddenly the boats front lights shut off (it was night time). We pulled over on to an island with rocks when suddenly a UFO/black boat pulled in. It was a negative boatConfusedhip. 3 tall black beings with a skull on their chest got out. I wasn't scared at all. They killed me, stabbed me and there was blood. As I laid there dying Brian took my hand and felt pitty for me while his brother just laughed. I reached my hand out as i kept breathing hesitantly, barely breathing.I remember Jesus appearing something about Jesus whether he was with me I'm not sure.
I animated a dog playing with another dog for a girl, and she was delighted with it. I was going to mail it to her, and was afraid that she wouldn't give me her address, but she did.

There was also something about a deep fryer.
Dream: So we find ourselves staying in India for 3 weeks/months for whatever reason, and we're in a hotel room. We couldn't get good food as we couldn't afford it. This led to a couple of arguments with my sister shouting at my father for not providing for us, which he then got annoyed at for being blamed, stating it's not his purpose or fault. The scene then shifts to some sort of programming code on a mobile computing device. This is passed around and I literally have to grab it somewhat forcefully to look (It was my 'right'), as they (Don't know who, dude next to me) wouldn't let me.

Again scene shifts and I'm now with my Father. He talks about his past success, and how he owned a mega corporation (I got 'Sega' for some reason) which went bankrupt. Apparently a rival western company had stolen/copied his generator they were using for electricity and could no longer compete. He said they should have purchased the machine outright to prevent this from happening, along with the rights/IP, but they never. Anyway, I now find myself shift to a scene where we're looking outwards to a futuristic type industrialised city, though at the same time it seemed quite retro and old (1970's?). I could see these weirdly awesome planes and huge quadricopters that people could get in on buildings. Again I'm with my Father, and he's talking about how he helped build the first planes and the precursor to these awesome machines. At the same time the city felt as if it was all style and no substance.

So now the scene shifts again and he's demonstrating this new prototype plane they're developing. He shows it to me, and it looked like a miniature black aerodynamic object (Like a bike helmet). His assistants set up 2 ramps, one on either side, to allow the plane to 'take off'. I see the plane move forward and off the ramp, and then goes back down, across the other way and up the other ramp. This happens a few times, each time gaining more traction and more 'lift'/height'. Suddenly I see the ordinary workers assembling planes for the rival firm turn around in wonder at how high our plane was going. More and more appear and now there's a crowd, and even I'm amazed by how high it seemed to be going. Dream ends there; wrote this down before I forgot but that's about the gist of it.

Interpretation: Being in a room in a country which is close to heart denotes to me this was an aspect of my psyche. The sister shouting at father for not providing for the family represented those aspects I had not accepted in the other, as this was analogous to a situation in life. More specifically, the 'Father' in the dream represented by 'shadow' aspect, or the ordinarily rejected self, or that part which did not 'conform' to expectations, ending up disliked.

The scene about programming indicated this was about programming life choices and lessons, and that this was intentional. The fact that I wanted to take a look but felt as though I wasn't 'allowed' (Being resisted) was my attempt at penetrating the veil and trying to get some sort of conscious grasp on my life programming choices/decision. I got a feeling that the dude who tried stopping me looking worked for my father, so perhaps it was an aspect of my self that was resisting my work in this, even though I successfully managed to do so.

Anyway, the shadow aspect/father talking about his success when I listened noted that he had much of value to offer, even though It wasn't apparent on the surface. I only had to 'listen' to what he was offering (the lessons). Losing the generator, and consequently the electricity flow, to the alternate 'western' company meant that my motivation/drive, and had shifted to the more materialistic desires of the western company, or outer Ego. The losing electricity meant that healthy attention and energy given to the shadow self from keeping my drive in check and balance had depleted, causing the issues I was experiencing (Probably to the request at night about 'insight' I needed to know).

Now, this futuristic city I got was essentially fickle and all for show, which my 'Father'/Shadow aspect was showing me, and that it wasn't the true value. People were mindlessly working on factory lines churning planes out for this city which looked fancy, but didn't do much, which to me meant most people were stuck in this materialist vain trend, with no authentic work being done. The plane he showed me he was working on was my potential being shown to me represented the aspect of reaching high, or rather, 'ascending' (Or perhaps something I was actively achieving already by working with it, which was being reflected).

As he and his assistants shown the potential of 'plane' on the ramps, it was ascending higher and higher each time, which consequently symbolised an accelerated 'ascension'. The fact that people looked from what they were doing on the factory lines to what we were doing meant that by working with my Shadow aspect in a conscious manner I was helping in 'awakening' others from the mindless drudgery and purely superficial way in which they were living/operating, to showing deeper ways in which one could work through. It was important work that needed to be done.

Somewhat lengthy and might bore some, but it had a meaningful messages for me at multiple levels. Dream work is awesome and I'm only just realising it's wealth as a communication medium.

Edit: Added a few small details.
I was pumping hydrogen into space to try to create a star the same distance as the moon. It would have been a red star, but I had no way to ignite or start the nuclear fusion. I was also trying to get a permit to do this.
I dreamed I was living in a very old, run down house once owned by an occultists. There were hidden rooms everywhere and they usually had escape routes built into them. After awhile of looking around I was visited by the old man in a dream/trance. He told me he was a past incarnation of mine and would be taking me down the path (which he seemed to have been cheated out of by an early death). The path had many distractions, but I arrived at a bridge with a two-piece door at the end. I went through the door making sure it appeared closed behind me but to where I could return. Shortly after I passed the bridge a huge man covered in armor and a mace came to guard the bridge to prevent people from coming down the path unhindered.

[Image: Inspiration%2B-%2BDutch%2BDoor%2B-%2BCoa...%2BMag.jpg]
Last night, I had a dream that criminals were being decapitated with an extremely serrated pizza cutter.
Going along with the theme of the thread, if anyone is looking for any decent resources or literature pertaining to dream work, I have found the following to be a useful (Based on the works by Jung):

Inner Work: Using Dreams and Active Imagination for Personal Growth
(05-17-2014, 12:46 PM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhat lengthy and might bore some, but it had a meaningful messages for me at multiple levels. Dream work is awesome and I'm only just realising it's wealth as a communication medium.

It was awesome interpretation! Keep writing. Smile
I had a dream last night where I was some sort of scientist performing experiments and discovering all kinds of new exciting things. I was so excited by all of it that I wasn't taking the time to write any of my results down, I would just move on to the next experiment. The idea I got from it is that it's important to write things down, because I am not the only one who could benefit from them.

This has always been a bit of a problem with me, I'm always full of ideas and concepts that I find fascinating, but I never write any of it down.
(05-17-2014, 01:20 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I was pumping hydrogen into space to try to create a star the same distance as the moon. It would have been a red star, but I had no way to ignite or start the nuclear fusion. I was also trying to get a permit to do this.

Application for permit has been denied.

Plesase feel free to try again.

All permits should be adressed to 'The Council of Saturn'.

Good luck.
in a part of my dream from this morning some1 told me to never eat a caramel square again
My dreams were mixed up confusion that left me feeling somewhat down and confused. I couldn't explain them even if I remembered.
i became lucid in my dream this morning...then i baffled myself. i was trying to pick out a drink to have from a restaurant when i realized i was dreaming. so instead of getting up & walking around like i normally do when i go lucid i decided to go with the flow & order a drink. since i knew i was dreaming i chose root beer, bc that's my favorite beverage, & i don't let myself have it in waking life. then the lady gives me apple juice that tasted like gatorade & i somehow knew there was nothing i could do to turn it into root beer. i was so disappointed & i couldn't understand why i wasn't getting what i wanted if i was lucid - so in the dream i concluded i was only semi-lucid. there were people i didn't kno sitting by me & 1 of them told me apple juice is healthier than root beer then i told them to shut up
I was swimming under some kind of dirty water. I was with someone else but I don't remember who. We were looking for a way out and I took a deep breath through my nostrils and breathed under water. Next thing I knew I was in a room with all of these traps. I could see them, if I hit this string a saw would come flying at me. I accidentally hit it and nothing happened.

I entered another dark room anticipating that something was going to happen or something's were going to come out and attack me. I climed some stairs. As I looked down, I saw about 20 of dogs. They were all my pet dog kacey whom of which I adore. He jumped up viciously and attempted to bite me but he couldn't reach. I shot about 5 of them but there was too many. I was under attack by my own pet. Never got bitten, but they all attempted it.
I was boxing with some other kids. But it wasn't really boxing. I think we just lightly made contact. I remember having a fake jawbone that was made from porcelain. It looked like a canine jawbone.

Later I was climbing a hill of gravel which had cars parked in the gravel. I tried climbing but it was slippery, so I grabbed onto one of the cars, but it gave way.

Later I took a call that I recognized, but they asked for someone I didn't recognize. And I saw a coworker preparing to eat some Indian food.

Hotsizzle, every time I see my dog in a dream I'm usually worried about losing him in some unfamiliar place. He's never aggressive towards me.