Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-03-2015, 09:54 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]One dream I had last week:

I was riding with my friend in a car that he was driving.  It was night time, we were in a city somewhere.  Suddenly, I became absolutely lucid, and realized I was dreaming.  As usual, I was looking about, marveling at the reality of the dream environment.  I was not sure how long consciousness would last, so I looked at my friend, and I wasn't entirely positive he was a dream construct, or whether our minds were linked and we were having some kind of mutually shared dream.  

I announced to him this was a dream, not expecting him to believe me.  After a few moments of astonishment, he believed me, at which point he let go of the steering wheel.  Even though I knew it was a dream, I became afraid, and then, much to my horror, we went off the edge of a massive bridge in this dream city.  I was shocked at how real the sensation of vertigo was as the car plummeted, tumbling over and over as I watched windows of buildings fly past us.

At this point, I freaked out and decided I didn't want to experience whatever impact my subconscious had in store for me, and withdrew my consciousness from the dream (hard to explain, but you tend to learn how to do this if you are a frequent lucid dreamer).  

I woke up in bed, my heart beating quite fast.

Did you ask your friend if he had the same dream?
(04-03-2015, 10:01 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ask your friend if he had the same dream?

Not yet.
I like your Anubis avatar anagogy.
(04-03-2015, 10:12 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 10:01 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ask your friend if he had the same dream?

Not yet.

Do it! Doooooooooo it!

And let us know!

... I'm a big hypocrite because I never ask friends if they dreamed what I did. Part of the problem, I think, is that we tend not to remember dreams, so you have to ask while it's still fresh. Your dream sounds memorable as heck though, so who knows!

A couple months ago I had a dream where I uh, felt up Christina Aguilera while my girlfriend was sleeping a few feet away. (I have no idea why.) I told her the next morning and she said that was really weird because she had a dream where she watched me randomly grab some girl's breasts.

So there you go. Conclusive proof that I was creepin' in at least two dreams. Maybe Christina dreamed about it too.
Kept dreaming I was reading stuff about sixth density on this forum.
Carla visited me a few times in dream. Didn't say anything though that I remember.
i dreamt about betty white... but no, i left her breasts alone.
In a part of my dream last night I dreamed that there's a thread that's not on this forum that Carla "really" wants to be created. Frustrating dream bc I didn't get any clue whatsoever as to what kind of thread it is that she's really wanting to be made. I woke up from that in the middle of the night & I typically sleep the whole night through.
I dreamed there was some sort of "demolition" derby, except no demolition. The vehicles just drove around one another and had pictures on them of cartoons. There was some cartoon logic in it as well. I read that they made $400,000 a year, and was excited to try out for it. I ended up having to sing the Star Spangled Banner at some sort of talent audition. But forgot the third sentence, but just sang through it.

There were two gay guys in it that were having a kid that was a puppy. They fed him dog food.
I had 2 back to back dreams which shared a common theme.

Dream 1: there were three greyhounds racing around a track, and they were approaching the finish line.  They eventually finished 1, 2, and 3 - not a huge margin between them, but enough to see.  The camera took the photo to show who finished first, second, and third.  The greyhounds then walked out an exit, but one of the trainers was upset that they were walking out together, rather than in the order they finished.  But the greyhounds didn't care; they just wanted to be with each other.

Dream 2: I was with Chris Pratt's character from Parks and Recreation.  We were working in a supermarket, and we did a couple of tasks.  The first one was preparing some spices, and we had to prepare the raw ingredients, and then grind them.  That was fun.  And then the other task was putting shredded cheese in plastic containers, so that other ingredients could be added to them.  Chris Pratt was having fun and joking around, and just having a blast doing the activity (just like his character in the show).  He just had fun doing the task for itself, and could find delight in it for it's own sake.

- -

the take away?  I felt fun and bouncy on waking up.  I think the message of both dreams is to be less competitive about how I approach things.  I think I still have a distortion that says - "I have to succeed to be accepted", and that comes from my family's programming from the earliest time.  I guess it's still there after all these years, even though I've tried to go my own route in life, and not use society's standard of success, I became enslaved to my own notions of success and progress.  Which is funny, because someone shared a dream with me a little while ago where I was trying to be ultra competitive with them in the dream!  So these things lead from one to another, and we eventually get the message Smile
Here's a weird dream that I had this mornign. I'm sure y'all will have a laugh Tongue

In the dream I was taking a shower and when I was done I turned around and saw myself. It was like looking into a mirror, except I was able to reach out and touch myself and it felt very real. I had a little chat with myself, and I can't really remember what was said, but I remember focusing on my mouth and self-consciously thinking "does my mouth really move like that when I talk?"

While this other me was identical to me in every other way it had lady parts instead of male parts, so we naturally decided that we should have sex. I led him/her into the bedroom, and it seemed to be my first apartment rather than the place I live now (and in fact the other me looked more like me circa 10 years ago). My room faced into an alleyway with a fire escape and it was raining out there with a light rolling of thunder, my favourite kind of weather, and the whole scene had a very pleasant feel to it.

In the dream my bedroom was clean and all my clean laundry was neatly folded on the bed (I have lots of dreams with dirty laundry as a major symbol so I feel like this was a nice change). I was in the process of moving the laundry off of my bed when my alarm went off and I woke up.

The dream left me feeling good but the image of having sex with an identical copy of myself was really funny to me.

AngelofDeath

The anima.
@Spaced:  Nice.
lmao... Spaced, maybe u should read The Man Who Folded Himself  Tongue Tongue Tongue it's along those lines
dreamt that I came across somebody who flagged me down. I didn't recognize him and thought he had the wrong person, but he said he remembered me and insisted that I was voltaire "from another time." I replied, "back then, I was called 'zhivu' "

first thought is that is russian for 'i live'; second thought is it could be french, je veux, 'I want'

russian first because I studied russian for 2 years so that's what my initial inkling was. but obviously the french could be more relevant.

anyway -- oooooook, that's odd

voltaire's bday is 2 days after mine so maybe we share some kinda similar astrological energy but I'm not big on claiming to be anybody's reincarnation. probably has more to do with the fact that I've started to be able to live off of my writing and voltaire's path would be a fine one to follow. should probably read the rest of his works now.
(04-09-2015, 09:04 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]lmao... Spaced, maybe u should read The Man Who Folded Himself  Tongue Tongue Tongue it's along those lines

Cheers, I'll check it out!
it's all there in the link Wink the book is an interesting study on the concept of identity & god & self & otherness.
Folding is one of my fears. I'll probably never read that book.
huh? wut u mean, literally?
In my dreams I get freaky dreams of closet doors folding. It freaks me out.

And the term "protein folding" was a little disturbing too. Though I think it's a natural process.

Must be something from a past life.
Past life as a sheet of origami paper?
well, the book name is a metaphor. there's no physical folding. it refers to folding time.
But folding clothes and folding napkin don't bother me.

There's just something freaky in dreams about closet doors that fold themselves. And do it rapidly and repeatedly.
And inside the closet it's dark.
Do you have any negative experiences associated with closets Gem?
(04-09-2015, 11:00 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any negative experiences associated with closets Gem?

No, none. I once saw in a dream a vacuum cleaner inside of a dark closet, and it scared me.
I fought the fear and went into the dark closet and turned on the vacuum cleaner and put it to my face.
That was pretty scary. I got chills and vibrations through my body.

great scene
(04-09-2015, 09:31 AM)outerheaven Wrote: [ -> ]dreamt that I came across somebody who flagged me down. I didn't recognize him and thought he had the wrong person, but he said he remembered me and insisted that I was voltaire "from another time." I replied, "back then, I was called 'zhivu' "

first thought is that is russian for 'i live'; second thought is it could be french, je veux, 'I want'

russian first because I studied russian for 2 years so that's what my initial inkling was. but obviously the french could be more relevant.

anyway -- oooooook, that's odd

voltaire's bday is 2 days after mine so maybe we share some kinda similar astrological energy but I'm not big on claiming to be anybody's reincarnation. probably has more to do with the fact that I've started to be able to live off of my writing and voltaire's path would be a fine one to follow. should probably read the rest of his works now.

Did you know his bday is so close to yours before having that dream?
(04-09-2015, 02:52 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know his bday is so close to yours before having that dream?

No, I looked him up after the dream and learned that. And somehow I wasn't surprised ... I never know what to make of that stuff though.
(04-09-2015, 03:56 PM)outerheaven Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2015, 02:52 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know his bday is so close to yours before having that dream?

No, I looked him up after the dream and learned that. And somehow I wasn't surprised ... I never know what to make of that stuff though.

Can I get your autograph? My "nickname" for you:

Voltaire!
don't kill me Isis but who is that?