Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nooooooo! It's gonna go to my head and wreck me!

I actually fancy being a working class schmo in my previous lifetimes. Just quietly going about my business throughout time.
(04-09-2015, 04:29 PM)outerheaven Wrote: [ -> ]Nooooooo! It's gonna go to my head and wreck me!

I actually fancy being a working class schmo in my previous lifetimes. Just quietly going about my business throughout time.

That sounds exactly like something Voltaire would say...
[Image: to-learn-who-rules-over-you-voltaire.jpeg]
i like this
My mom thinks she rules over me. She thinks my purpose in life is to make her happy.
don't corrupt Outerheaven Isis! he'll grow a big head!

[Image: f857ddf878d8982b63402c0696182faf.jpeg]
(04-09-2015, 04:48 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My mom thinks she rules over me. She thinks my purpose in life is to make her happy.

ur relationship w ur mom sounds really karmic.
So do you watch cartoons overnight? damn
I used to think in dreams, never again
I dreamed last night a kid gave me a ring case, and inside was a corner of a playing card with the number 5.
A dream I had:

There was a group of super heroes that could pass their powers onto others by sharing their DNA with them. One older super hero had given powers to a young man and was training him, but the young man consistently used his powers only for selfish, petty reasons, causing greater and greater problems for the organization as a whole. The older man scolded him but didn't really do anything to rein him in.

Eventually the young man's friends got jealous of his powers, so he shared his DNA with all of them. They then thought it would be a good idea to share the power with all of the people in the city they found deserving, and they soon had something akin to an army. While powers would generally manifest uniquely in each person, all the people this man had gifted his powers to seemed to be linked to his own mind. They acted as a hive mind, moving in perfect coordination, and the young man thought about how, now that he was at the center of all this power, why not just take over everything and rule the world how he thought it should be ruled? Why did he even need the other heroes anymore?
So the group of super-powered children made a great display before the older super heroes, trying to assert their dominance. The older heroes watched, unimpressed, and one woman among them said casually, with no remorse, that they would all have to be killed. With those sorts of numbers the young man would simply cause them too many problems. Another man told her to spare three or four of the children he had other plans for, but she was free to kill the other hundreds.

The younger people, oblivious to all of this, were arrogantly talking about how they were in charge now, then their views were all drawn to the horizon, where presumably their executioner awaited, and fear showed in all of their eyes. In the end, their power was nothing.

The moral of the story: Don't give power to those who lack the wisdom to use it.
A few other dreams I've had this week:

Dream #1: I was in my living room with a group of people from an organization I used to belong to. One of them was attempting to antagonize me but I couldn't bring myself to care. My attention was focused on a man in the group that I seemed to know, though I've never met him in my waking life. He was bald, wearing a black T-shirt, and he had some sort of scar or mark below one of his eyes. I became incredibly lucid and began walking on the walls and ceiling, laughing at the surprise of everyone in the room. Didn't they know I was dreaming?

I then crawled across the ceiling over to the man in the black shirt and touched his face. I was performing a purposeful magical act in this touch and things I can't explain happened. It's impossible for me to describe what was taking place. It eventually took on sexual undertones, though there wasn't even a hint of actual sex taking place.

Dream #2: I was a different person- different age, personality, with a whole different history. I had hooked up with some guy and we had this big plan to travel to the Congo and pull some sort of heist on this drug cartel (wtf?) to steal some of their drugs. We both seemed to possess rather bad drug habits. We had already gone through several steps of our plan, and were seeing a doctor to get physicals so we could go to the Congo. The guy saw the doctor and left, then I talked to her. She was acting a bit strange and I became paranoid that this wasn't actually my doctor at all, even though she looked just like her.

I had seen this doctor since I was a little girl, so I began asking her questions about my medical history, and she couldn't answer any of them. Panicked, I ran out of my room, down a hallway to the checkout desk where the guy was standing. I yelled "It's all fake!" and kept running. I ran into some huge high school complex, sprinting across their gymnasium. I was aware of unseen eyes watching me from every angle, predicting my movements, or tracking them, and was trying to find some place to run where they couldn't see me.
One of the students, a young man, started chasing me.

When I eventually tired he came up to me and began aggressively threatening me, telling me all the horrible things that would happen to me if I went just an inch deeper into my little scheme. He implied agents like him were everywhere, and could strike at me from anywhere. I realized I was in WAY over my head- this no longer had anything to do with drugs. I'd stumbled onto something worse. I managed to get away from the guy and was wrestling with the decision to give up the entire thing. I had put years of my life into this scheme, but I felt overwhelmed and frightened. I then woke up.

Both dreams seemed to have something much deeper happening below the dream symbols- something I can sense but not articulate. In the second dream I got the sense I was truly being warned away from something, but my daily routine is simple. I haven't undertaken any dangerous endeavors lately, outside of surfing the internet. :p

I_Am_The_One

(04-12-2015, 11:18 AM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]A few other dreams I've had this week:

Dream #1: I was in my living room with a group of people from an organization I used to belong to. One of them was attempting to antagonize me but I couldn't bring myself to care. My attention was focused on a man in the group that I seemed to know, though I've never met him in my waking life. He was bald, wearing a black T-shirt, and he had some sort of scar or mark below one of his eyes. I became incredibly lucid and began walking on the walls and ceiling, laughing at the surprise of everyone in the room. Didn't they know I was dreaming?

I then crawled across the ceiling over to the man in the black shirt and touched his face. I was performing a purposeful magical act in this touch and things I can't explain happened. It's impossible for me to describe what was taking place. It eventually took on sexual undertones, though there wasn't even a hint of actual sex taking place.

Dream #2: I was a different person- different age, personality, with a whole different history. I had hooked up with some guy and we had this big plan to travel to the Congo and pull some sort of heist on this drug cartel (wtf?) to steal some of their drugs. We both seemed to possess rather bad drug habits. We had already gone through several steps of our plan, and were seeing a doctor to get physicals so we could go to the Congo. The guy saw the doctor and left, then I talked to her. She was acting a bit strange and I became paranoid that this wasn't actually my doctor at all, even though she looked just like her.

I had seen this doctor since I was a little girl, so I began asking her questions about my medical history, and she couldn't answer any of them. Panicked, I ran out of my room, down a hallway to the checkout desk where the guy was standing. I yelled "It's all fake!" and kept running. I ran into some huge high school complex, sprinting across their gymnasium. I was aware of unseen eyes watching me from every angle, predicting my movements, or tracking them, and was trying to find some place to run where they couldn't see me.
One of the students, a young man, started chasing me.

When I eventually tired he came up to me and began aggressively threatening me, telling me all the horrible things that would happen to me if I went just an inch deeper into my little scheme. He implied agents like him were everywhere, and could strike at me from anywhere. I realized I was in WAY over my head- this no longer had anything to do with drugs. I'd stumbled onto something worse. I managed to get away from the guy and was wrestling with the decision to give up the entire thing. I had put years of my life into this scheme, but I felt overwhelmed and frightened. I then woke up.

Both dreams seemed to have something much deeper happening below the dream symbols- something I can sense but not articulate. In the second dream I got the sense I was truly being warned away from something, but my daily routine is simple. I haven't undertaken any dangerous endeavors lately, outside of surfing the internet. :p

Any sites that potentially cause the government to watching you? dont answer that here lol. Hey Those dreams were wild. I came lucid in my sisters apartment, in this one dream, and my whole family was there. I just started flying throughout the room, I started yelling "its a dream." I then opened the door and started flying down the street. I had trouble flying though, like I kept being pulled back down, and I would have to jump to "fly" again. I did this down the street until, I saw two adolescent boys. There father was shouting at them. I landed and began talking to them. Trying to help there father calm down, and help them as well. Its like I knew just what they needed. As I began to help them. Like a line of cops and cop cars were, in the road out of my awareness. I lost focus on the boys and dad. I walked over to the cops, for some reason I just got in the back of the car. I then went down the road. Sexual things began to happen between me and the cop not driving. It was one crazy ass dream. I can still remember flying. Its one of the best experiences, I can remember. I felt so free!!
I also have trouble flying in lucid dreams. Often it's more like a sort of hop-glide type of movement, where I can propel myself long distances by jumping but not really fly, though the few legit flying dreams I've had were breathtaking. I've had several dreams where I've died and experienced something akin to weightlesness/flying afterward.

Often when I lucid dream I am too distracted with the fascination of my own experience to really do anything useful. I remember in one dream I became lucid in someone's house, and was going through all their drawers, laughing giddily at the sight of their silverware, amazed at every little detail. A few times I've been together enough to try to meditate in this state, which usually causes me to start coming out of my body, though I have yet to experience a complete transition.
I keep dreaming I'm in the future. Idk what's up with that. In one dream from more than a few nights ago I was on the TNG star-fleet command...it was real. No idea what my job was. I was in the sick bay at one point & realized the doctor was evil. (It wasn't Beverly from TNG, it was someone unfamiliar.)

In a part from a few nights ago I was in the passenger seat of a vehicle & taking pictures of futuristic-looking buildings. There were a lot of spherical ones. The ones that weren't spherical had water on the roof...like pools that covered the entire roof. Revolving doors had made a comeback. Some people's faces looked partially metal.

Last night I dreamed I had a house that was futuristic-looking. When I walked in I said, "Lock doors." & then a computer locked the doors. Video games had gone back to being one operating system per game like they are in arcades. They were all 3D virtual reality type games. I had lots of video games.
I was in a small windowless room (like a big closet), where I seemed to be working as a coach for a sports team. Somebody came in with a can of gasoline and said that the room was going to be dismantled and that I would now be working in a larger place. Then I found myself looking at a very big house, kind of like a modern looking ski lodge. I thought to myself that this was really a step up, going from a small windowless office room to a giant lavish modern ski lodge all for me to work out of.

Some context - typically rooms or buildings in my dreams correspond to my body or parts of my body. Lately, because of digestive problems, I have been experiencing a lot of gas pains. So, my interpretation of the dream is that these digestive problems are part of a renovation of my body leading to a much improved functioning. Or so I hope!
I had a dream where there was a horse with one leg in it.  It was still, somehow, standing up though.

one legged squats!
the leg was in the horse?

i had really deep complex fun dreams... something special about them.
perhaps I phrased that the wrong way Smile

it was a horse, but 3 of the legs were missing/amputated.

It was standing up on the one leg left (back leg, on the left).

It was just one image in a bigger movie.

There was also another horse present.  But this had a messenger or a courier riding it (medieval courier).  It appeared shortly after this one-legged horse  BigSmile
[deleted]
is that from the TV show?
(04-15-2015, 02:46 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]is that from the TV show?

movie
ah Keanu & Pachino!

I_Am_The_One

(03-17-2015, 05:44 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2015, 05:30 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]i want Care Bear dreams too

In that one dream he was wearing diapers and my head was inside his diaper when he messed on me. What does that even mean?

I think it means you need to cheer the hell up man, and stop shitting on yourself, This did have me laughing hard. That one with isis and ramsay and its yout f****** civic duty! lmfaooooo ahahhaah

I_Am_The_One

(03-22-2015, 04:12 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]In a part of my dream last night I was being haunted by a ghost named Fred Stevenson. He kept harassing me by making paranormal things happen & by calling me on the phone. His name would show up when he called even though I didn't have him as a contact in my phone. I kept not answering then he had someone named Bell Stevenson call me & I assumed it was his mother. I woke up right after saying to someone, "Ghosts really shouldn't be allowed to use the phone."

holy hell isis, you have some crazy ass dreams dude. You literally got me laughing and crying reading this stuff man. jeezzz loL!!!!!!!!!! That darn Fred!

I_Am_The_One

(03-08-2015, 01:08 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]it was raining outside, & really windy, & i was looking for maui (cat) then she heard me calling her & came out from under a car & went into the rain where i could see her & started rolling around in it on the ground then i picked her up & took her inside & she got dry almost immediately & felt super soft then i said to her, "i thought i'd never get to see your gray ass again." then i opened the door for her to show her that she could go back out & play in the rain if she wanted but it was so windy that she decided not to. i had shorts on & she jumped up & hugged my leg & it scared me briefly then i laughed (that's something she would actually do to me irl) then i said to someone, "she does that w/o using her claws - she's so fucking smart."

Shes so fucking smart. LMFAO! isis seriously, you got some funny a** dreams
imo, this is the funniest one i've had:

(10-28-2014, 09:25 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]i had a funny one this morning. i was in a restaurant & seeing a couple then i hear one say to the other, "i'm gonna ask" then he says, to no1 in particular, "who is the internet?"

then i explained it to him then when i showed him that u could play games on it he said, "u don't have to put quarter in it?"

when i woke up from that one i started laughing my ass off.

I_Am_The_One

(04-12-2015, 12:48 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]I also have trouble flying in lucid dreams. Often it's more like a sort of hop-glide type of movement, where I can propel myself long distances by jumping but not really fly, though the few legit flying dreams I've had were breathtaking. I've had several dreams where I've died and experienced something akin to weightlesness/flying afterward.

Often when I lucid dream I am too distracted with the fascination of my own experience to really do anything useful. I remember in one dream I became lucid in someone's house, and was going through all their drawers, laughing giddily at the sight of their silverware, amazed at every little detail. A few times I've been together enough to try to meditate in this state, which usually causes me to start coming out of my body, though I have yet to experience a complete transition.

In this very dream, I was shot, and left for dead. My family came and got me, I was alive somehow. I remember the bullets hitting me in the back from a man standing on a peer, I was running from him at first. From a drug deal gone wrong. I would say it was gliding as well. I was the exact same way in everyone of my lucid dreams. Way to giddy to focus, I just started going. That about the silverware is funny man.
I very rarely dream but I've recalled an old dream I've had a few years back. I was some kind of chimera in what seemed like a interior built flora with many many other chimeras fighting among themselves. In my dream I was running for my life trying to survive and it lasted some time. There was also a fight against an another creature that tried to kill me and that I killed to survive. The place was very big with a lot of different rooms, some which were half-destroyed.

Weird dream
I traveled to Anchorage for Carla's funeral yesterday.  As it was Friday rush hour, I left at about 4:30 for the 85-mile drive, in order to accommodate possible delays due to traffic or construction.  As it happened, traffic was flowing smoothly, and I arrived at St. Luke's an hour before the memorial service.  I entered the church and found no one there except the choir and pastor, who were preparing for the service.  Having an hour to kill, I made the short  five-minute walk over to the Sea Hag, and settled down with a couple of shots of Bourbon.

Shortly before 7 PM I walked back to the Church and entered.  I thought I might sit with Gary and Austin but their row was packed, so I walked some rows back and took a seat in an empty pew.  As the memorial service began, I looked to my right, and was startled to find myself seated directly below a stained-glass window containing a large, magnificent icon of Saint Hubert.  I'm not well-schooled in medieval Christian history, but I must say, if I have a patron saint, it's Hubert, the patron of hunters.  I could not shake the thought that this was a significant synchronicity, and during the service, I could hardly keep my eyes off the window.  In the depiction in the window, Hubert is shown surrounded by 9 irregularly placed clear round glass dots, that I took to be stars or planets.  I was baffled by the symbolism, having never seen 9 of anything associated with Hubert; I immediately suspected it to be one of those pointers to ancient esoteric wisdom, that are so often "hidden in plain sight" in churches.  After the service, I approached the pastor, and asked him for an explanation.  Although he professed his own interest in ancient esoteric wisdom and mysteries, he had no explanation, and confessed that he had never even noticed the 9 stars in the window.

At the reception following the service I gave my condolences to Jim, and spent time catching up with all of the LLResearch regulars, and then had an uneventful drive home.  Curiously, during the drive, I felt happy, confident, peaceful and elated at the same time; I haven't felt that way in years.  The problems that have gnawed at me for a while receded, replaced by the knowledge that the only weight that they possess, is the weight that I assign to them.  If I assign them no weight, they have none!  I arrived late in the evening and soon went to bed.

After falling asleep I had, first, a series of dreams which seemed to feature a theme of someone illustrating to me, the meaning and consequences of a counterclockwise rotation of energy coincident with taking a first step, and then a tighter, more advanced counterclockwise rotation of energy associated with planting the other foot in a second step.  I had four or five quick dreams concerning this theme, all in a milieu of visions so far outside the realm of normal human perception that I have no hope of relating them to you here.  I awoke briefly, then fell back asleep, and had this dream:

I found myself in a cold, snowy landscape, with low, rolling, steep-sided hills, mostly open pastureland with a few scattered trees.  I was with a small group of people, mostly on horseback, led by a woman.  The others were all wearing those heavy woolen coats that 18th-century Canadian fur-trappers wore, the kind made from heavy blankets, with big hoods; and I couldn't see the faces of any of them.  We were on a hunting expedition, and there were rifles in leather scabbards on all of the horses.  I was on foot, and struggling to keep up with the others in the knee-deep snow.  The woman leading the group kindly assigned me their spare horse, a large Pinto.  I mounted and tried to follow, but I haven't been astride a horse for 30 years, and my riding skills were rusty.  She was a gentle mare but I had trouble keeping her at an even pace, and we fell behind.  The woman turned to me and said that a couple of people from our party had gotten separated and apparently lost the day before.  They were on foot, and the wind had blown snow into their tracks, so we were having a hard time finding them.  She said we needed to hurry, lest they perish from exposure.

I told my horse to get up, and directed her to a gap in a hedgerow that we had to cross to catch up.  The others were too far ahead, but from the right another rider, dressed similarly to the others, galloped up.  He was tall and lanky in the saddle.  He told me he was out trying to find the lost pair; when he got close, I could see that he was Steve Engratt (!).  Of course I volunteered to help him.  We trotted up the hillside, headed toward a small cluster of houses.  Just outside the settlement, Steve dismounted to adjust the tack on his horse.  I dismounted too.  At this moment, we saw a lone figure trudging to the houses, and Steve pointed to him and exclaimed, "Catch up to him!  He's one of the suspects!".  His choice of words made me wonder just who the lost people were, and what they were up to.  Instead of remounting and riding, Steve took off at a dead run, quickly outdistancing me with his long legs.  I struggled uphill through the snow and eventually caught up to the mysterious figure as he reached the houses.  Steve had vanished.  The other fellow turned to me, and I did not recognize him.  He told me that he and his companion had discovered something, something important, that would help all of us make our way through the deep snow.

The dream ended and I awoke immediately.

As I awoke I was alive with the possible implications of the dream.  Was the woman in the group Carla, attempting to contact me from the other side of the veil?  The connection between Saint Hubert and the hunting party was obvious.  Am I now to help out more?  If so, what am I to do?
pray, meditate & dream more?
(04-18-2015, 06:54 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]He told me he was out trying to find the lost pair; when he got close, I could see that he was Steve Engratt (!).

haha, steve's good at getting in people's dreams...he's been in more than a few of mine.