Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love dreams Smile please interpret as you may!
I was at school and there was some sort of concert going on but I was eating at the dining hall. It was around 7 in the morning. I was eating coconut cake, I originally wanted carrot cake but someone snatched it up. I ended up talking to a girl about sweets and she told me how she loves sweets and will eat five different cakes every day. I went to go back to the dorms but I couldn't find the way back, so I ended up at the concert. Dre and Erynne (friends who were dating) were there, everyone was partying but alot of people didn't like the music and were standing around. I went out of the concert and ran into Val, my ex. He said hey and asked if I wanted to get drinks with him and I said no, it's 7 am and I hate beer. He asked one more time because there were mixed drinks around and I said no again.
At some point I learned that my other friends Charlotte and max had broken up, Charlotte was my better friend and was being consoled by our old mutual housemate Sydney, I was glad she had someone to take care of her but also had feelings of wondering why she didn't tell me.
I went back to the dining hall which turned into a beach and I was sitting with a group of ladies. They told me if you wanted to know if you were from another planet all you had to do was run your skin and if it came out a color then you were not from earth. I rubbed my thumb on my ribs and it came out green. I was surprised. I did it again and it was green again. I asked them if it meant I was Martian? And they said oh no way Martians are basically Earth Martians now. *lolz*
Then I went into a blank room and in was suddenly aware of the fact that I was going to fight voldemort. We turned into ghosts and started battling, I was losing at first but then I started to win. I started to win because these little pixie fairies came to help me and helped me defeat him. At the end his entire being was in a box with differently labeled components. I took a knife and stabbed the box that said "soul". Then I woke up.
I had a dream last night that woke me because it was so peculiar. I've largely forgot the dream but the key point stayed with me. I praying, and there was someone in my life who I have difficulties with in front of me, and a statue of Jesus Christ behind him. A light, like lightning, came out of the statue and struck him. I then thought that's not what I meant to do or ask for. and the person left and I woke up.

I've been thinking about it: since all characters in the dream are myself, then the man who I have difficulties with represents an aspect of myself. I was afraid at the time because I in no way or intention ever pray or even think of harm against another. So when the lightning struck the person I was afraid I asked for something that was far greater in power than I could imagine.

The man in the dream has been representative in my dreams before. Although our interactions were more hostile. It was less so this time. The fear wasn't there.

I'm going to need to meditate and contemplate on this dream some more. I don't remember anything else. Not even the difficulty me and said person were having.
in my dream just before waking this morning i was walking up stairs that were outside. it was nighttime & storming. i was seeing lightning striking all around me & the thunder was so loud. but it wasn't raining - at least not on me. i thought something like, 'yeah...i'm definitely about to get struck by lightning.' but i just kept walking up the stairs & felt no fear. then it happened. the lightning hit me. i felt no pain & my vision went black & everything went silent & i thought something like, 'wow. it's happening. i'm dying.' then i was waiting around for something else to happen. i just kept seeing nothing but blackness & hearing nothing & feeling nothing. i felt as though i was no longer in my body. but i could still think. i thought that maybe i had just lost consciousness but wasn't dead - since nothing was happening. then the next thing i know i'm in some building i've never been in & standing there holding a little boy in my arms. he looked at me & said, "you're so awake..." then i asked him what he meant by that but instead of answering he just repeated himself. then he started saying it over & over & it creeped me out so much that it caused me to wake up. & right after waking i noticed i had goosebumps.
So, since Homecoming, "Homecoming" has become one of my regular sites in my dreams, every two to three days or so. Last night I was again under the tent. I don't remember too many details, but in my meditation this morning, I recalled a scene where Jean-Luc Picard was there speaking, informing us all that he had recently returned to his routine of daily mantra chants.
(09-27-2016, 06:35 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]So, since Homecoming, "Homecoming" has become one of my regular sites in my dreams, every two to three days or so. Last night I was again under the tent. I don't remember too many details, but in my meditation this morning, I recalled a scene where Jean-Luc Picard was there speaking, informing us all that he had recently returned to his routine of daily mantra chants.

umm so the day before yesterday i was like watching non stop picard inspirational quotes on youtube. your dream made me laff. 
(07-11-2016, 01:25 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]then in the final portion something interesting happened that i don't recall ever happening before. i was still as lucid as could be & my body left me. i don't recall it happening but suddenly i wasn't in a body. i started seeing things happening as if i was watching a movie...but the "screen" had no boarder. & i watched things happening like this for what i'm sure was hours until i finally woke up.

I know this screen.  I don't know what this is, exactly, but the first time it happened to me it felt like some sort of defense mechanism ... like the reality of the dream was too intense for me to handle, so i just "switched" to a more distant view to watch it w/o experiencing it so directly.

Since then it's very common, and i "jump into and out of" the screen often.  Sometimes it feels like window shopping before a purchase ... like flipping through a catalogue before choosing which vacation to go on.

It feels a lot like some of the experiences i think of as "3rd eye visions" while awake, come to think of it.  Maybe a connection to "the silver screen" (before it meant movies)?

Very rarely do i have what i understand to be lucid dreams, but they are usually sort of ... ?half-lucid.  I'm present, aware, and making choices, but i don't seem to bother defining what's happening in relation to my waking life.

Something i noticed fairly recently:  I don't usually have an actual form in my dreams.  I'm like a mobile point of perception.  I can still interact with the environment and communicate, but i'm not using limbs or lips or such to do it.  Often, i'll just observe silently from inside, apparently undetected.  I think this allows me to also travel to settings where personal forms make no sense or ... ?don't apply? without having to break the ... ?continuation of self?  Those places make for the strangest dreams/experiences.  When i remember those, they don't 'translate' into waking terms at all.

Occasionally a form will seem to "spontaneously manifest" or vanish for specific dreams or portions of dreams.  

I have no idea how long this no-form thing has been the case, but reading through my old journals it seems to have been a while.
(09-18-2016, 01:34 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]in my dream just before waking this morning i was walking up stairs that were outside. it was nighttime & storming. i was seeing lightning striking all around me & the thunder was so loud. but it wasn't raining - at least not on me. i thought something like, 'yeah...i'm definitely about to get struck by lightning.' but i just kept walking up the stairs & felt no fear. then it happened. the lightning hit me. i felt no pain & my vision went black & everything went silent & i thought something like, 'wow. it's happening. i'm dying.' then i was waiting around for something else to happen. i just kept seeing nothing but blackness & hearing nothing & feeling nothing. i felt as though i was no longer in my body. but i could still think. i thought that maybe i had just lost consciousness but wasn't dead - since nothing was happening. then the next thing i know i'm in some building i've never been in & standing there holding a little boy in my arms. he looked at me & said, "you're so awake..." then i asked him what he meant by that but instead of answering he just repeated himself. then he started saying it over & over & it creeped me out so much that it caused me to wake up. & right after waking i noticed i had goosebumps.

Ok so I had this dream it was a very crazy long dream. I cant remember the first parts of the dream. I however ended up at some apartment where it was like a big convening area in the middle. Which was surrounded by like 20-30 room like apartments. Everyone was hanging out, and selling illegals. I was only there to get a little smoke. I was waiting, and for some reason one of the people there like bugged out and was now chasing my other friend and me. We ran outside and got on some bikes, we were peddling down the road. At some point we became separated. I came to like an river..ocean...water body. On the otherside was some kind of like tier dock building. I distinctly remember looking at it and thinking, I am gonna have to climb up that... So I run and jump into the water, I swim over to the dock, and start climbing up. I remember grabbing the top, and thinking. Wow I made it! Soon as my head comes over the top, the man and like three people were right there. He shouted something like "You thought you were gonna get away!?", and kicks me off. I land in the water somehow with my back facing up, and he shoots me. I did not feel any pain. I just sat there for a time. I thought I was dead, and I just sat there. Then somehow my family was pulling me up out of the water. I mean my whole family, everyone. They were saying all kinds of things, we thought you were dead. Thank heavens. So we just walk to an elevator thats just right there. I loose total interest in whats going on, and begin to lucid dream. I start jumping off the walls and flying. I remember still seeing them, and they dont say anything, or even remark im flying. So the elevator gets to the floor, and we all just step out into whoevers home it was. The dream continues on in the same pace, I cant keep up with all the magic, Im just jumping around the room. At one point I come like resting in front of a window, and I see the world outside. I instantly think, can I fly out there? So I go bounding out the home. Im running down the street, I could like super jump and glide. I could tell it was something from within my own thinking, or something of the sort, and became a little annoyed that I couldnt fly. As I went up, I saw a man yelling at his two kids, and I felt like I needed to guide these people, and help them. So I land and go to help these people. I am talking to them and trying to help them. In the middle of doing this. Like six police cars show up, and I just become interested in them. I lose focus on the parents and children. I just walk up to the cops, begin talking. Its really not even talking, I cant remember any words. I just get in the back of the cop car. As we are going down the road, These were all female officers, I just begin to make out, etc.. The dream ends.
(03-20-2015, 01:26 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a dream about going to work, i saw an old school friend who was a new start. I walked her up to the office and took her to the 5th floor were her role was. We sat on the couch and i gave her some general advice, wishing her the best of luck. I walk out  of the the room and see an old team leader from my previous job, she doesn't recognize me and we walk past each other, as i walk down the stairs the office building becomes my old high school, i walk around for a little bit and walk to the door, i  see a very clear sky, its sunny. I look back and think to myself i am going to miss this place and walk away into the distance, into a new experience.

I to have had a dream close to this. I was on the outside of some learning compound. I was walking away and I walked past someone who I knew, only in my dream. We stopped and talked. I dont even remember what was said. After that I start just walking out towards this wooded area. It was very natural and beautiful. There were some nice batting gages, and fenced area. I just walked right past and as I walked into the woods I walked right through a fence, and as I did that I like vanished. I had the same feelings of I would miss this place.
I had a dream that I was a dog, I was owned by a couple that were scientist, or something close to that. In the dream I remember being in the back of the car, then suddenly just in an office setting. My owners and I were sitting across a desk from an unidentifiable entity.(to me) He was talking about cell division, and some other things, However I distinctly remember thinking, I get this better then she does probably.Then I remember being walked back out to the car. She gave me a treat, and was very sweet older lady. I can remember feeling a lot of love for her.
weird, funny, unsettling dream two nights ago.

me and sheen and carl (from jimmy neutron haha) were transported to a video game/cartoon setting way out in outer space. I somehow had the knowledge that this was to be a battle against some force that wanted to take over earth, the negative, toxic forces. It was one of those battles where, whoever lost was to either be destroyed or leave the planet (of course the negative force would choose to destroy us, we would choose for them to simply leave).

It was a rigged game. Our trio were standing on a large ring of destructible lego-type materials, next to some small planets. We were only equipped with regular laser guns, but the enemy had a giant spaceship with a huge laser cannon that he could move and aim wherever he wanted. As soon as the 'game' started, he immediately destroyed half of the ring, disintegrating it into pixels. We had no choice but to run around, away from the void (if we fell off we died). The spaceship entity was laughing and toying with us, knowing he easily had more power. The ring seemed to get skinnier and smaller as well, so that each of us had to save another from falling off many times. Once I fell off, hanging by my fingertips, and they grabbed my arms and pulled me up. The loyalty and camaraderie between us was fierce as the outcome looked grim.

At the other side, where we had been forced because of the shrinking ring, there appeared a large cartoon room, like a computer-animated looking room with simple colors and shapes hanging stationary in space and various rectangle obstacles scattered about. The evil being had abandoned the spaceship and approached us as we backed into the room's corner. The being looked like... a suburban mom. Except she/he/it was four times as large as we were, and had a giant's voice.

It was like in cartoons/movies when there's a giant, kind of dumb creature that the main characters have to talk gently to and pacify so that it doesn't get childishly angry and destroy them. We were talking to her/it and she was clear about her intentions to kill us. We managed to convince her to come give us each a kiss before we died. She gave in and came over and gave each of us a kiss. She seemed extremely lonely but dealing with it in that classic dysfunctional way, where the lonely creature in movies would kidnap random people to cure their loneliness. Like that terrifying, twisted type of loneliness where they force their hostages to pretend to be a doll in a dollhouse or whatever.

By the time she got to me she was sort of in that giantish emotional breakdown stage, and she started sobbing, saying "this is such a sad/drunk thing im doing, oh, ohh, :(" QUICKLY, and with some guilt, I grabbed a jug of hydrofluoric acid that apparently had been in our team's arsenal this whole time, and poured it all over the monster's head. She transformed into a male clown without makeup, like all the giant clownish features but normal skin and hair color. He immediately stopped crying and said, in a hurt, betrayed tone, "was that water?" He was in disbelief that we would do this to him. Apparently the entity had forgotten all his previous threats.

I grabbed the second, final jug of hydrofluoric acid and splashed it all over him. He/it began melting quickly, and seemed to no longer be in a state of receiving or outputting communication, like a comatose vegetable. It turned translucent and looked like those colorful oil-and-water science experiments from elementary school. I said to my team, "If this doesn't work we're doomed." and resigned myself to whatever happened.

Then we found ourselves shouting, angry, venting all of our anger at the dying monster - "DON'T TRY TO TAKE OVER ANY MORE PLANETS!!" "STAY AWAY FROM EARTH, YOU TOXIC EVIL FORCE!" at this point the being stopped fizzing and shrinking and began to solidify once again. (This part was really scary in the dream, even though it seems cartoonish) It soon was back to it's full size and strength. It looked like a Giant Marine veteran who had turned evil. He stood looking at us, no-nonsense, no emotion. Quietly he said "I thought I told you... no tickets in this room." And there was a sense among me and my trio of "we're about to get f***** up." A major sense of dread settled over my soul.

Then I woke up. Still feeling unsettled, but also kind of amused at how cartoonish the dream was, looking back on it. I have no idea what any of it means. If anyone wants to try and interpret, feel free!
Had a weird one.

Twice in the same Dream an elderly man told me if I continue as I am I'm heading towards cancer.

Nothing else was really happening to give me context and I'm healthy and live a healthy life. If anything I really don't think I will get canser because there isn't family history, I eat great, excercise, I try to face any stress head on instead of burying it.
I never even think about cancer so it seemed very weird to dream that.

It's totally not a subconscious thing I even consider.
(10-04-2016, 11:04 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Had a weird one.

Twice in the same Dream an elderly man told me if I continue as I am I'm heading towards cancer.

Nothing else was really happening to give me context and I'm healthy and live a healthy life. If anything I really don't think I will get canser because there isn't family history, I eat great, excercise, I try to face any stress head on instead of burying it.

Well, dreams are symbolic. Perhaps cancer is symbolic of growing out of control. I've had my mind expand out of control before.
(10-05-2016, 01:01 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2016, 11:04 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Had a weird one.

Well, dreams are symbolic. Perhaps cancer is symbolic of growing out of control. I've had my mind expand out of control before.
I like that idea. Thank you
_______
(10-05-2016, 01:24 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]How do we interpret our dreams and get the message they're sending ? Some years ago i regularly took note of my dreams but lost this ability and it's  only recently that i'm able to remember again my dreams. Being able to understand the message is something i never got. My dreams usually feel very silly. For exemple a few years ago i had often a kind of dream where i'm in a HIFI music system store and i'm looking with interest at the various equipment but i never buy it. That's a little odd, and i had the same kind of dream recently and i wonder if it has a special meaning.

i like to consider the possibility that dreams might not ever be msgs meant to be interpreted.

some claim our minds aren't wired to remember dreams in the 1st place & that it's always unneeded information. idk about that but i do consider it a possibility.

freud theorized we commonly don't remember dreams bc they contain repressed thoughts/wishes. & that we shouldn't want to remember them anyway. i think they can definitely expose repressed stuff...but i know for sure they usually don't - at least, not for me.

if some interpretation/msg doesn't immediately & effortlessly come to me i consider it possibly random nonsense, or maybe a premonition, or maybe intended just for communion with some soul, or some actual experience in another plane or timeline or in the past/future or where ever, or something that will serve as an answer to tomorrow's questions, & things like this.

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." -Edgar Cayce
______
gene wilder (willy wonka guy) was in my dream last night & talking to me a lot. i was seeing his face up really close to mine. the only part i remember him saying is, "everything is predestined, even if you time-travel."
(10-05-2016, 01:24 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]How do we interpret our dreams and get the message they're sending ? Some years ago i regularly took note of my dreams but lost this ability and it's  only recently that i'm able to remember again my dreams. Being able to understand the message is something i never got. My dreams usually feel very silly. For exemple a few years ago i had often a kind of dream where i'm in a HIFI music system store and i'm looking with interest at the various equipment but i never buy it. That's a little odd, and i had the same kind of dream recently and i wonder if it has a special meaning.

(10-14-2016, 12:20 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]If think there can be differents types of dreams which have differents functions. Some may or may not be meant to be interpreted but i've the feeling that most of the one i remember are trying to tell me something about myself but i can't make sense of it. Like if it was in an unknown langage.

Ugh. I know something that might help, but I've not tried to talk about it. Here's my best shot:

It IS another language, but it's not exactly unknown.

I've spent over 2 decades in study and practice of divination (esp. Tarot).

I did the dream-journal thing, and quickly learned that if i write down ANYTHING i can remember (or even kind of remember) EVERY time i wake, i'll be remembering my dreams in full and nightly within about 2 weeks (but i have to keep writing them or it eventually fades). After two years solid of doing this, something **clicked**, and i realized that dreams spoke in almost the exact same "language" as the Tarot did.

Treating your dreams as the "voice" a self-aware being helps (know that the being is you, but treat it and acknowledge it as its own independent and complete being with its own existence ... but also know that you and that being have to get along because you "share the same fate").

I don't know if it actually did or not, but reading Jung seemed to help, also (Man and His Symbols and Dreams in particular).

that's all i got. Hope it helps!
Dude Isis.....Your dreams make me laugh so hard..I know I told you before..but dang dude....

I believe I have a major blockage in the yellow day. Most of my dreams I remember, there always some kind of group setting. Not that the group has a plan or even function. Its just a feeling, and the domain of the dream is usually some kind of compound, grocery store, or some other societal complex building. So weird...
Anthro dreams 5 nights in a row. Last night was a festival with anthros. 3 nights ago was an anthro world, with more humans.
It's been very nice.
(10-16-2016, 01:30 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]gene wilder (willy wonka guy) was in my dream last night & talking to me a lot. i was seeing his face up really close to mine. the only part i remember him saying is, "everything is predestined, even if you time-travel."

Smile are you sure it was gene wilder and not tom baker?
(10-23-2016, 01:06 AM)OpalE Wrote: [ -> ]:)   are you sure it was gene wilder and not tom baker?

100% sure it was gene wilder. :P

it's very common for me to get to be absolutely certain of who someone is in a dream. & sometimes they won't even look how i know them to look but i'll still somehow know without a shadow of a doubt who it is.

the past few nights or so, wentworth miller has pretty much taken over my dreams. i think it's funny. bc for the 1st time ever i'm binge-watching a show...prison break.

for those that don't know, wentworth miller is the show's lead actor.

& in the show he's constantly saying my name bc his love interest in the show has my name. i normally limit the amount of time i spend watching something to 30m-1hr a day, mainly bc any more than that makes me feel like i'm being an escapist, but with this show i haven't been able to do that.

my S.O. thinks i'm dreaming of wentworth a lot just bc i have a crush on him. but i rly don't. i do think he's good-looking, though. this morning i said to my SO, "wentworth was in my dreams again..." then my SO screams, "HE'S GAY!!" lol. i already knew that, though, before i started dreaming of him.

maybe i have some kind of connection with him going on or something...but i think i've been dreaming of him so much simply bc of watching the show so much & hearing him say my name so much.

has this happened to anyone else? binge-watching something impacting your dreams?
(10-23-2016, 02:40 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]it's very common for me to get to be absolutely certain of who someone is in a dream. & sometimes they won't even look how i know them to look but i'll still somehow know without a shadow of a doubt who it is.

i do this, too ... but i have to look into the eyes.  without seeing the eyes, i can still mistake identities (though something will feel very 'off' about it).

Have you met imposters?

There are two people from waking life that used to show up regularly in dreams as someone else known well ... an attempt manipulate (or 'steal') waking emotional dispositions?  Other times the imposters were ... 'something else from somewhere else;' dangerous critters with motives so alien that i can't read them.  

(10-23-2016, 02:40 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]& in the show he's constantly saying my name bc his love interest in the show has my name.

!!  this has been a constant for me this year!  my name is splattered on nearly half the shows and movies a few minutes into watching.  Probably means something, but no clue what  Tongue .

(10-23-2016, 02:40 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]has this happened to anyone else? binge-watching something impacting your dreams?

sort of.  Donna from "that 70's show" lived in mine for awhile.  Always those "you + 3 others" dreams (one faceless, one opposite gender), so i'm pretty sure she was a skin for my anima.

also, i've noticed that my dreams will use anything i've been obsessing over recently to get messages across.  communication seems more effective with fresh symbols for some reason.
Dream: I was walking to the train station, with a friend after work.  Which is not uncommon.  But then I noticed my friend was in a wheelchair.  Then I noticed my friend had no legs.  I said: "sorry to hear about that", and he said: "that's ok.  I'm doing alright", and we just continued along.

<scratches head>
(11-21-2016, 04:23 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Dream: I was walking to the train station, with a friend after work.  Which is not uncommon.  But then I noticed my friend was in a wheelchair.  Then I noticed my friend had no legs.  I said: "sorry to hear about that", and he said: "that's ok.  I'm doing alright", and we just continued along.

<scratches head>

Few days ago I dreamt my friend was trying to kill me with spiky metal rods, pierced my hip with one and I started running away to realize I'd die of blood loss if I ran so I hid and ambushed him from front with rod I removed from wound and I woke up literally piercing his heart with it asking him wth is wrong with him. He had a crazy look.

I woke on his couch while he was playing his xbox at 4 am a few meters away.

#JustFriendsDreams

Actually second time I dream of killing him, other time was with a gun and I ended up dying myself from people who avenged him and woke in the underworld and stumbled upon him there thinking it was gonna get messy but he didn't care I had killed him to my suprise. He said it was fine and I was like "cool".
Night before last:

I'm playing a game with many contestants.  The game is to "kill" all opposition and be the last man standing, but it is understand the the "death" only exists in-game.

Everyone gets 15 wishes (or manifestations), divided into three categories of possibility.  By thinking outside of the terms of the game, I manage to wish in a way that secures a drastic advantage.

I'm offing everyone I perceive swiftly and efficiently.  At one point, realize the "opposition" i just killed may have not been contestants, but some sort of overseers of the game (they were in a glass room with computers and wore white lab-coats).  This may or may not have triggered what happened next:

Two men approach me, apparently immune to my attacks.  One speaks (he is wearing a black trench-coat and holding a small one-handed crossbow, also black).  He says something like "you don't want anyone to suspect that you aren't like the others," and demands "200 dollars."

My focus splits.  Part of me is still fixated on winning the game and going through the motions uninterrupted, ignoring the intruders.

Another part is thinking "these two have transcended the rules and they want money?  and only 200 dollars?  how pointless and bizarre; they should be fully capable of creating vast quantities without me giving them any.  what is their actual angle and what do they really want from me? they are aware that this is a dream, right?"

still confused and still playing the game, i say "i don't have it on me."  I wake immediately.
"Factory Reset"

I had a dream where I was stuck in a cell-like place, and had my phone with me.  Only problem was, that it had been 'factory reset', and had lost all the customizations that I had done to it (like root access, all my apps, wallpaper, icon arrangements, etc etc).  Tons of stuff, which is how I customize all my systems.

I was wary of syncing to my account - because I didn't know if my account had been hacked.  Oh man, it was so good to wake up, and see that my phone was the way I left it.  It felt like it had really happened in the dream; my mind was totally 'convinced' given the time/space scenario/information that it was being immersed in.

/ /

it makes you realise that this 'reality' that we are all sharing, is just the result of consistent (and persistent) data points that are being presented to our conscious mind.  It's definitely 'real'; but hey, all other dreams/imaginations/scenarios are just as 'real' in terms of emotional and qualitative content. 
i had a pretty interesting one last night.
i was riding on the back of a motorcycle. someone i know was driving it. i was having a conversation with them & then the next thing i know they're driving us into a lake. i then found myself in the middle of a lake & i couldn't reach the bottom so i took off my shoes to make swimming easier. then, out of nowhere, it occurs to me that i'm dreaming.

but what was so interesting was that i didn't think i was the only one dreaming. & i have no idea why. i thought the person with me was dreaming as well.

i felt so certain i was co-creating this dream with the person i was with. in the dream i somehow knew that they too were in bed asleep & dreaming this exact same scene that i was dreaming. (whether or not that was actually the case i don't know...& i really doubt it.)

i thought the 1st thing i should do was make them lucid too...but the prospect of co-creating/sharing a lucid dream with someone (that they may also get to remember upon awakening) filled me with so much excitement that i was having trouble getting any words out. with much effort, i finally managed to say to them, "we're in a dream..."

& that's the last thing i can remember.
(12-12-2016, 05:11 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]it makes you realise that this 'reality' that we are all sharing, is just the result of consistent (and persistent) data points that are being presented to our conscious mind.  It's definitely 'real'; but hey, all other dreams/imaginations/scenarios are just as 'real' in terms of emotional and qualitative content. 

I had an argument vaguely related to this earlier today. He was dismissing something on the grounds that it was neither "scientific nor logical."

Something about the way he grouped the two together pushed a button. I started spewing. Paraphrased:

"They are NOT the same thing. Objective empiricism is NOT the same as logic. First one says a thing isn't real unless its out there where everyone else can measure it. I don't believe that at all. Subjective experience is no less 'real' just because it can't be shared and measured by the masses. Logic says, first and foremost, that personal experience is the prime determinant of reality. Almost the opposite ..."

There was more, but it becomes less relevant.

Not sure why i felt compelled to put this here, but there it is =P.

(12-13-2016, 01:24 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]i felt so certain i was co-creating this dream with the person i was with. in the dream i somehow knew that they too were in bed asleep & dreaming this exact same scene that i was dreaming. (whether or not that was actually the case i don't know...& i really doubt it.)

This is very possible. Favorite example i have is an old dream in which i visited my mother. I was crawling in through her window to say hi, and she storms in with a yellow super-soaker and starts shooting bubbles at me, screaming.

Thought nothing of it; almost forgot it. Few days later, mother describes the same dream on the phone. Same house, same events in the same sequence, identical "geography." In her dream, though, i was "a demon trying to get into the house" and the super-soaker was a shot-gun. Also, we had the dream two full nights apart.

Once the initial doubt is broken it will happen a lot. If you can confirm it with other believers it will happen almost constantly. Everyone comes back through the fog independently, though, so most of the time only a few participants will remember; i don't know if the time distortion has to do with me personally or dream-sharing in general, but nearly all of my shared dreams happen different nights than the people i share them with ... haven't noticed any more than 2wks apart though (usually closer to 2 days).
I had really cool experience the other night. So I woke up with my wife to see her off to work. Well sometimes I stay up and get a few hours before the two little ones wake up. This morning I decided to go back to sleep. Well I layed down, and attempted to go to sleep. I couldn't just fall asleep, but the comfort was so great, and the warmth of the covers kept me there. So I was basically meditating and enjoyngte comfort. I was doing this for like 10 minutes before I started hearing noises in the house. I would hear something move in the kitchen and then like sted down the hallway. At one point I got up and checked the house, everything was secure. So I layed back down. So I am laying there just enjoying the peace and warmth. As I do this I like go through the transition from awake to sleep. However I am conscience and it feels like your water going down a tube kinda... Then you hit this bigger body of water and feel yourself kinda like disperse out... Idk how to better explain it. During this I get a thought of fear for my daughter, who is laying beside me on the bed, and I like fight or struggle to look or become awake. Usually when lucid dreaming, just getting to excited or recognizing your dreaming to hard and you come back awake. This one was totally different. I was literally struggling to control my body and check on her. It felt like trying to push out on a gooey substance. All I could achieve was like when you barely squint your eye and see a sillouhete, in low light conditions. However I think I was seeing her through my third eye. The angle wasn't correct, from which I viewed her image. Then a feeling of relief came over me, and that's the last thing I remember consciously.