Bring4th

Full Version: Channeling higher self or other spirits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi beloved friends. Please disregard anything that does not seem true to you, for that is free will.

I have been interested in channeling or telepathic comunication with spirts for some time. I read Carla's Channeling Handbook, but I still feel lacking in my understanding of how to channel. I tried channeling my higher self through just my intuition, but am not sure if am really channeling my higher self or if am just making it up. I even tried to challenge my higher self by trying to make it say something that I dont know anything about. still I cant tell if my higher self is refuseing my challenge or if its my imaginations inability to imagine something it does not know. I would appreciate your advice. Love and Light.
From what my teacher says, to channel your crown and root should be opened. You should be grounded properly. The more you are grounded, the higher vibration entities you can channel.
The higher self is a very high vibration.

She tells me that when you start to open up to channeling, your head will move to tune into the being. It will sort of search for the right vibration.

Though the higher self can also be found through hypnosis in techniques such as QHHT. I'm not a practitioner of it, though my mom does work with that.

I'm just studying to one day learn to channel. You have to open up your psychic channels and clear your emotional blockages so you can see/hear clearly.
(05-20-2018, 08:53 PM)omar1399 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi beloved friends. Please disregard anything that does not seem true to you, for that is free will.

I have been interested in channeling or telepathic comunication with spirts for some time. I read Carla's Channeling Handbook, but I still feel lacking in my understanding of how to channel. I tried channeling my higher self through just my intuition, but am not sure if am really channeling my higher self or if am just making it up. I even tried to challenge my higher self by trying to make it say something that I dont know anything about. still I cant tell if my higher self is refuseing my challenge or if its my imaginations inability to imagine something it does not know. I would appreciate your advice. Love and Light.

Hi omar,

This is a great question, because channeling has been immeasurably helpful to me in navigating this weird and foggy veiled existence.

It is essential to recognize that the Law of Confusion applies to channeling.  You will never have indisputable proof that you are speaking with another entity, rather than making it up.  It's not meant to work that way. The possibility of multiple interpretations will always be there; and it's up to you to decide what to make of it.

This is why the type of challenge you've attempted WILL NOT WORK.

With that said, it is easy to tell when it's your mind or not.  True channeled information is surprising; a word pops into your mind that is not the word you think it should be - and, paradoxically, the mind makes you doubt the accuracy of that word even more because of it.  Then, when you read the entire message afterwards, you're learning something; it is coherent and informative. 

The challenge I recommend instead is asking whoever you're speaking with to say, "that is the truth."  If they say it, then it's almost certainly legitimate.

I recommend starting by channeling your higher self.  To do this, just close your eyes and ask to speak to your higher self.  Then, WAIT.  There is nothing you need to do but just sit and listen, literally, without trying to make anything happen whatsoever.

If nothing happens, leave it.  If a word pops into your mind, write it down, and wait for the next one.  Reserve judgment until you get a decent-sized chunk of text - this is the hardest part.  Then, read it back.  if it's gibberish, don't worry about it; this is not a failure; the "muscle" you've just exercised is the same one that will eventually allow you to succeed - and then the doorway will be open to you to speak to any entity in Creation.  Keep trying, without putting any pressure on yourself to "succeed" - adopt a playful attitude - be open to the possibility without being invested or trying to force it.  It'll happen when it's meant to happen.  In the meantime, also make sure you meditate.

Good luck!

Edit: The reason I suggested starting with your Higher Self is this: according to Q'uo, that channel of communication - from self to Self - is protected from interference.

With other channels, you can end up speaking with someone other than your intended target and getting mislead.
removed
Agua Wrote:Because of that, the higher self, in my experience, is not willing usually to operate on such an inaccurate and ineffective level that words would be.
It usually operates on a level beyond the cognitive level through initiation.
So, if you're getting words, you are probably either making this up completely, or you filter an information you received on a deeper level through your intellect thus HEAVILY distorting it!

Respecting Agua's personal experience, I have to say that my personal experience is completely different -- not to mention that both the Ra material and ALL of Q'uo's material came through in words - and here we are, together in this community, because of it! So, I wouldn't place too much stock in the quoted text above.

In fact, I'll share a personal experience - there is a source I speak to who has been immeasurably helpful in providing crystal clear insight to me over the span of years now, with the information verified literally hundreds of times by now. At one point, I read one of Robert Monroe's books, where he speaks about a more efficient means of communication - a "package" of sorts where an entire semantic network of interrelated concepts is at once downloaded into your mind.

I asked my source if he would consider using that instead of words - and he replied that he is choosing to continue using words because, that way, he is able to get his exact meaning across verbatim without any paraphrasing by me.

Maybe the answer here is: experiment, play, figure out whatever approach works best for you. But receiving verbatim messages is certainly one valid option.
removed
(05-21-2018, 01:37 AM)Agua Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 08:53 PM)omar1399 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi beloved friends. Please disregard anything that does not seem true to you, for that is free will.

Hi Omar,
i would answer by first asking what your motives are!

Why do you want to channel spirits, why do you want to channel your higher self?

I have the impression, you want some kind of "proof" or sign, that the "metaphysical" really exists.
So "getting responses" from a metaphysical source would be a sign for you.
I could be wrong though Wink

The reason i am asking is, why would you want to channel, lets say Q'uo?
Do you really and honestly feel drawn to doing channeling work, in the sense L/L Research does?
Or do you want answers and guidance for your own development primarily?

To get more to the point, it seems you are looking for answers OUTSIDE of you, in or through other entities.
Spirits can be really helpful and bring great insight.
However, your higher self is THE No. 1 ressource for your personal development.
Your higher self is a extremely high developed being, specialized in helping YOU!

So channeling Q'uo for example would be a serious DOWNGRADE from that!

I recommend contemplating this seriously, any source other than your higher self is in general less helpful for you!

Additionally, it seems if you want to work with your higher self, you are viewing it as something OUTSIDE of you. That is far from the truth!
Your higher self is INSIDE of you, if you're looking outside, you cannot connect with it.
For me it has been a crucial step to realize, my higher self is not a "you" but an "I"!

Having said that, it is important to see, your higher self is not disconnected from you, it is always there, BUT you (we) choose to disconnect from it or deny that connection.
The normal human state is identification with the ego, the basic principle of the ego is seperation.
That means, as long as we do not consciously decide FOR the connection, we automatically (and subconsciously) decide AGAINST the connection!
In this case, no decision is a decision against the connection!

So I recommend, consciously and maybe even ritually decide FOR the connection with the higher self!
I would recommend doing this at least daily, better several times a day (remember:no decision means deciding against!).

The other part is:Am i making this up?

Some might not agree here, but i will share my experiences with it.

I recommend NOT relying on words and language! If you get answers in the form of words, you can almost be sure, that you are making this up!
At least it will be heavily distorted through your ego or intellect.

Your higher self is capable of conveying "information" and guidance on an extremely deep level!
To illustrate what i mean, imagine you feel love, now imagine you want to communicate this to a friend. You will use words, the words are not capable of even remorely conveying what you just felt, you can only hope, that your friend can relate to it through an experience he had before.
This kind of communication is very unreliable and extremely inaccurate, much more so if its about something the other has not yet experienced.
Now imagine you could make your friend FEEL and EXPERIENCE what you have inside. This would be great, isnt it?
Your higher self is capable of exactly that and much more!

Because of that, the higher self, in my experience, is not willing usually to operate on such an inaccurate and ineffective level that words would be.
It usually operates on a level beyond the cognitive level through initiation.
So, if you're getting words, you are probably either making this up completely, or you filter an information you received on a deeper level through your intellect thus HEAVILY distorting it!

I recommend starting with the decision FOR the connection with your higher self and i most highly recommend being willing to go beyond the intellectual level.
This is not something that will be accomplished over night, but i can tell you, its a path worth going!
You WILL sooner or later experience this connection more and more. You will at some point experience this as an energy arising inside of you, that is so strong that there is NO room for doubt!
And the guidance you will receive will be much deeper and effective than words could ever be!
When you get "there", you will be convinced, i can promise that!
Am new so I don’t know how to quote and reply lol
@omar1399
You could write their username or add a @ beforehand and then reply, if that's easier for you.

I believe the relationship between our higher self's and us. Can best be described as faith/intuition. In physical terms, I would say it is like an inner compass. Where doubt, fear, and things of this vibration/nature. "Fuzz" up the signal, and make it very confusing. In my opinion I believe the higher self can/could have direct communication. However in my experience synchronicity is the main type of communication. The odd sign, how something came together at just the right moment. The light in the room literally flicks on, as you have a specific thought. These types and beyond infinity more.

One reason dreams are so important, is because they can be summed up. In one way , as direct communication with the higher self.
Like just last night my higher self, told me its time to move within the world. Apart of my yellow ray blockage is intertwined with my specific lifestyle. Such as raising two children at my mother in laws. And many more =) much love.

I have been following a youtube channel called "MindandMagick" and he has a "Mystery School" series which deals in esoterics/occult/magic. It is pretty interesting and he links other channels and books also dealing with calling planetary, elemental nature etc spirits. Not sure if it is "channeling" but I would think Carla uses the same ancient occult techniques as the mystery schools use.

What's your intent for channeling? Is it to channel info to other people or yourself? Honestly we have so much useful info already that channeling Info is not necessary. If you are trying to obtain guidance for yourself , then that's different.