Bring4th

Full Version: Anthony Bourdain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am not much for celebrity but I have watched his shows for a long time, easily over a decade.

I amazed by one thing, not his suicide but that his mass of fan base had no idea he wasn't living a life to be envied.
How closed must one be to their own heart that they couldn't see the pain he carried with him.

I remember in the first few episodes I saw the wounds were so close to the surface that you could tell he was barely keeping it together.
Over the years he even made mention of his self loathing but those sleeping to their own heart didn't want to see.

I really don't know why but this illustrates so well for me that we are as a species mistaking the riches of the material :
wealth, beauty, achievement, prestige, ... for the riches of the soul. I am not saying Anthony was, but the world in general.
We hurt so we cover it up with stuff, busyness, things that justify the outside. The wounds remain.

Sending my intention so he will not carry those wounds any further, rest in peace.
Very unlikely it was a suicide. He was more likely someone who was in a position to know "things" that needed to be permanently silenced.

Think Kate Spade was a suicide too? Not likely.

More coming over the next short period of time.

Assange seems like he's getting ready to drop "the big one".. The world will never be the same - Thank Goodness!
(06-08-2018, 02:12 PM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]Very unlikely it was a suicide. He was more likely someone who was in a position to know "things" that needed to be permanently silenced.

Assange seems like he's getting ready to drop "the big one".. The world will never be the same - Thank Goodness!

Huh?
(06-08-2018, 02:12 PM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]Very unlikely it was a suicide.  He was more likely someone who was in a position to know "things" that needed to be permanently silenced.  

Think Kate Spade was a suicide too?  Not likely.

Assange seems like he's getting ready to drop "the big one"..  The world will never be the same - Thank Goodness!

No sweetie, he had been in pain a long time. Having watched his shows, every series every episode the depth of his pain was not going anywhere and had been there a long time. It's why he could bridge all gaps with all cultures. The wounded can see others wounds and cross all perceived boundaries like class, race and nation. He has been wounded a long time.

Re watch the shows. It's very obvious from the beginning he was hurting. The enemy isn't outside us, it is within.
(06-08-2018, 02:12 PM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]Very unlikely it was a suicide. He was more likely someone who was in a position to know "things" that needed to be permanently silenced.

I read he was supporting his partner, who was accusing Weinstein of rape. I wouldn't be surprised if he was 'taken out' to be shut up.

Cornell and Bennington were supposedly looking into the pedo rings of Hollywood and 'the business'. These things are all linked.
Sad news.

Thanks for posting your thoughts Glow.

I remember reading his breakout book Kitchen Confidential way back when. And I remember thinking: this guy has a voice, he has things to say.

And the look he offered into the business of restaurants and the insane hours, the drug use, the totally consumed lifestyle... what a window.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of his shows. But he seemed pretty prolific.

I thank him for his gift to the world. For shedding light onto such interesting things.

RIP.
(06-09-2018, 06:04 AM)Rhayader Wrote: [ -> ]I read he was supporting his partner, who was accusing Weinstein of rape. I wouldn't be surprised if he was 'taken out' to be shut up.

Cornell and Bennington were supposedly looking into the pedo rings of Hollywood and 'the business'. These things are all linked.

Yes, agreed. I think he knew more than just about Weinstein. I believe Weinstein and the hoopla surrounding him is being used as an attempt to divert attention away from the pedo rings and Satanic stuff. #Metoo just seems way too contrived for me, with too much budget behind it.

The elite know the pedo/satanic stuff is going to come out though and they are trying to control the blowback, since it goes everywhere within the elite. I think they will have a problem with that though.

I see world peace and freedom shining in the distance now Smile