Bring4th

Full Version: Meditating and Feeling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found that you need not necessarily feel anything when meditating.
Sometimes the deepest meditation can feel like you didn't accomplish anything at all.

Then there's times when I just close my eyes and I feel a shift in my awareness.

It varies so much. You can't just go by what you feel or experience to see how deep you meditated.
I personally had a breakthrough when I focused on stillness rather than going anywhere, thinking or balancing anything. Stillness doesn't require you to stop the thoughts or the thought about not thinking about thoughts, it just requires that you to let go of whatever happens. Thoughts come and go, I just let them go without following. Sometimes it itches, I try to let go of the physical sensation. Sometimes I fail and still scratch it, but then I let go of the thought about scratching and the thought of judging my failure of not remaining still. It's so simple yet it's not intuitive to the body and the mind, that's why it requires practice. But the more you let go, the easier it is, the less you have intrusive thoughts and physical sensations. It will never be perfect. But there is no goal beyond partaking in the activity of letting go whatever the result is. That's as best as I can describe my positive experiences of meditation. I hope it is of any help to you.
When I am doing Meditation it reduces my all stress, Promotes emotional health, Control Anxiety.