Bring4th

Full Version: Attempting a Continuously Positive Mindset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On June 21, 1987, the group inquires about the reason for the increasing prevalence of thoughts of suicide and death, and Q'uo answers.

Quote:We find that there is, however, at this time a second dynamic which has accelerated the process of what you would call aging. As mind and body housed together enter with the Earth itself new areas of space and new vibratory patterns of subatomic particles, the conditions upon your sphere are naturally changing, so that the mind is made more powerful than previously to affect the body. Year by year, as we understand your time demarcations, the body becomes less and less able to distinguish between the thoughts in the mind complex and the thoughts, if you may call it that, of the body complex itself. Thus, woes and travails, that would perhaps not come into physical manifestation but would merely be dealt with as situations, are now taking their toll in illness, both emotional or mental and physical.

It is thought patterns that have always been part of the vocabulary of humankind, but year by year these thoughts become more powerful. Thus, more than ever before, we find it is good to stress the precious nature of positive affirmation. When the mind despairs, grieves, feels anger or has resentment, it causes the mind complex a certain amount of difficulty. More than that, as you have experienced with new diseases, it can cause physical illness and death.

They offer a solution:
Quote:Each of you has some control over this process of crystallization of the personality. It takes a great deal of dedication to correct lifelong habits of negative assertion, and we are aware that although many may see this information and nod, very few will be those that will actually attempt a continuously positive mindset. Moreover, we find that among your peoples the distractions of your culture have become the dumping ground for negatively oriented thought patterns, and that often the ceaseless voice of the media speaks to those who have the choice between distraction and negative imprinting and coming face to face with the intense reality of the moment and forging for the first time a truly positive mindset.

The desire to trust is in everyone. The belief in the possibility of crystallization of the personality, of betterment of the personality, of mastery of the self lies within everyone. The discipline which will bring about a continuous effort towards seeking the positive viewpoint in each and every situation is very difficult to maintain.

On November 2nd, 2003, we hear something similar to the doubling concept:
Quote:Each asking alerts the unconscious and expresses to it a preference. The unconscious portion of self receiving this permission is then given strength. That is how faith builds upon itself, by using it as if it were a muscle.

And from Ra:
Quote:The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third.

So, although "it takes a great deal of dedication to correct lifelong habits of negative assertion," why is Q'uo doubtful that many will attempt to hold a continuously positive mindset? It strikes me that, if one were to desire to have this mindset, then it would be quite difficult not to develop it. For one would have to start by saying: "I can do this. I will keep a continuously positive mindset. All will be well!" For it is self-defeating to be pessimistic about being optimistic. This positive start would then empower the dedicated effort. I would like to make this attempt, and I believe we can all succeed in keeping this mindset, if we wish to attempt it. I would say also that a continuously positive mindset need not continuously contain positive thoughts. In meditation, for example, we appreciate the silence - and yet meditation is one of the most positive and helpful exercises we could do.
(07-07-2018, 07:03 PM)Simchah Sason Wrote: [ -> ]I would say also that a continuously positive mindset need not continuously contain positive thoughts.  

I think that's an excellent distinction.
I remember my cornerstone.
It was too pick up trash after someone in a public restroom alone and without any witnesses but myself.

I decided if I can't do it for others to see and learn from,I can still do it for myself. I owe it to myself to do the right thing even if nobody is around to see me do it.

I will try to keep a positive mindset, not just for myself, but for others too.

Thank you, Simchah Sason
Well, with a name like Simcha, you are already a step ahead, right?

Just for the sake of conversation, tell me, friend, how do you expect to find love in the face of desolation or heartache or injustice or seemingly senseless suffering?  How do  you find love when you are angry beyond words or painfully hungry or witnessing widespread cruelty?

I'm not asking to discourage you, I am asking out of love, love for Truth.

I believe faith and trust to be very important in keeping a positive mindset.
Get an orgonite pendant. It transmutes negative into positive energy.
Since I've worn mine, I don't get mad at my mom anymore.
In one of his poems, Hafez points out that with all his artistry and spirituality still no one's as deprived as he is.

Probably not my first Hafez post. BigSmile
(07-07-2018, 11:06 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's an excellent distinction.

Thank you, brother.

(07-08-2018, 01:07 AM)Foha Wrote: [ -> ]I remember my cornerstone.
It was to pick up trash after someone in a public restroom alone and without any witnesses but myself.

I decided if I can't do it for others to see and learn from,I can still do it for myself. I owe it to myself to do the right thing even if nobody is around to see me do it.

I will try to keep a positive mindset, not just for myself, but for others too.

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.”
"Climb a mountain - and tell no one."
... To take responsibility for some task and to do it for its own good is, I think, an attitude of the Creator. I see the Creator in you, brother. Thank you for this inspiration.

(07-08-2018, 02:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Well, with a name like Simcha, you are already a step ahead, right?

Indeed!

(07-08-2018, 02:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Just for the sake of conversation, tell me, friend, how do you expect to find love in the face of desolation or heartache or injustice or seemingly senseless suffering?  How do  you find love when you are angry beyond words or painfully hungry or witnessing widespread cruelty?

Although I often take the position of the 'fool on the hill' who tries to see the world without paradox and without disharmony because I know that in the end all is well, I must not forget that we live in a heavy density. It is not my intention to belittle the pain and grief of any other. Joy is not my blindfold; rather, it is a lantern. It is a hammer. It is a salve. Desolation must be illuminated to find what remains whole. A broken heart must be fixed. Suffering must be eased. I can see Love in suffering in the same way that I can see water in a stein - that is, I see that the possibility exists for Love to fill that seemingly empty vessel.
(07-08-2018, 07:09 PM)Simchah Sason Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2018, 02:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Just for the sake of conversation, tell me, friend, how do you expect to find love in the face of desolation or heartache or injustice or seemingly senseless suffering?  How do  you find love when you are angry beyond words or painfully hungry or witnessing widespread cruelty?

Although I often take the position of the 'fool on the hill' who tries to see the world without paradox and without disharmony because I know that in the end all is well, I must not forget that we live in a heavy density.  It is not my intention to belittle the pain and grief of any other.  Joy is not my blindfold; rather, it is a lantern.  It is a hammer.  It is a salve.  Desolation must be illuminated to find what remains whole.  A broken heart must be fixed.  Suffering must be eased.  I can see Love in suffering in the same way that I can see water in a stein - that is, I see that the possibility exists for Love to fill that seemingly empty vessel.

I enjoy your analogy!

It resonates me in the way that learning how "light cannot exist without darkness". I internalized this teaching by knowing the darkness and separation is mostly useful to heighten experience like how fasting makes your next meal taste much better.

There's a common "game" that people 'play' here called, The Game. This game is only hypothetical in that it is impossible to win and designed so everyone loses. Just thinking about The Game means you played and lost it. I find negativity in this and was inspired to illuminate it in a way:

Instead why not play a game of Are You Grateful?. Like The Game even thinking about it means you are playing it, but you can potentially win at this game by simply appreciating the now for what it is, and seeing the positivity in it.
(07-08-2018, 07:09 PM)Simchah Sason Wrote: [ -> ]Although I often take the position of the 'fool on the hill' who tries to see the world without paradox and without disharmony because I know that in the end all is well, I must not forget that we live in a heavy density.  It is not my intention to belittle the pain and grief of any other.  Joy is not my blindfold; rather, it is a lantern.  It is a hammer.  It is a salve.  Desolation must be illuminated to find what remains whole.  A broken heart must be fixed.  Suffering must be eased.  I can see Love in suffering in the same way that I can see water in a stein - that is, I see that the possibility exists for Love to fill that seemingly empty vessel.

I can only admire the energy you're putting into this and I sincerely wish you all the best in your attempt.  Myself, I'm waaaaaaaay too to lazy wanna go around illuminating desolation and mending broken hearts.  That's why I do what I can to mainly go the route of acceptance, and mainly it's all about ME!

Please keep us posted on your adventures. 

(07-08-2018, 07:18 PM)Foha Wrote: [ -> ]It resonates me in the way that learning how "light cannot exist without darkness". I internalized this teaching by knowing the darkness and separation is mostly useful to heighten experience like how fasting makes your next meal taste much better.

This is true - we exist in a world of peaks and valleys, to use a spatial rather than visual metaphor. Do you think that the light needs darkness to exist? Or is it the other way around - darkness exists because there is so much light?

(07-08-2018, 07:18 PM)Foha Wrote: [ -> ]Instead why not play a game of Are You Grateful?. Like The Game even thinking about it means you are playing it, but you can potentially win at this game by simply appreciating the now for what it is, and seeing the positivity in it.

I have added my name to the roster for the Are You Grateful? game. Team -- well, we're all on the same team. Thank you for sharing this method.

(07-09-2018, 03:17 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I can only admire the energy you're putting into this and I sincerely wish you all the best in your attempt.  Myself, I'm waaaaaaaay too to lazy wanna go around illuminating desolation and mending broken hearts.  That's why I do what I can to mainly go the route of acceptance, and mainly it's all about ME!

Thank you, brother, for your encouragement. I don't want to put forth a false image, however: I am not like Diogenes who purposefully went on walks with his lantern. I simply happen to have it with me. May the Creator send darkness my way, if that is the Creator's desire - I am ready for it.
This conversation is touching on a pet peeve of mine, ergo--ahem--I rant.

Darkness is continually degraded in Western culture, and most unfairly so.  We're encouraged to fear dark places, dark things, dark people, dark humor and certainly the final darkening of earthly perception: Death.  I find it very irritating because, for one thing, half of a "diurnal period" -- as someone likes to call it -- is dark, so if you are fearful of darkness, then, by definition, half of your life is lived in fear.

I attribute this widespread gross cultural distortion to the disproportionate effect Manichean philosophy has had on Eastern religions adopted by Western peoples.  (Note: Judaism, Christianity & Islam all came out of Asia and, thus, are obviously Eastern, as the term is commonly used.)  This fixation on the eternal "battle" between Light & Dark is a pernicious virus, in my view.  Of course, one may choose to view Creation using this template and participate in it accordingly, but so much beauty, harmony and gracefulness goes right down the toilet when one formats oneself to fight for the Light while fearing or trying to destroy the Darkness.

Generally speaking, most movements that follow this path are hate-filled, loathsome and small minded.  Often they implode due to scandal or through some other means that shows that they had no real allegiance to Light.  They just claimed it for themselves without taking the trouble to understand it and without taking time to understand themselves.

To be fair, though, it is not unwise to counsel caution when exploring darkness.  As Ra notes, missteps are very easy make.  There's a tendency to overdo things and create imbalances because, in the dark, it's hard to see what you're really doing.  But that's an important point.  That is, learning to respectfully operate in the dark sharpens your ability to work with Spirit because in that context where it's hard to see what you're doing, you are forced to improve your ability to see with more clarity into your own self.  You become more sensitive to your own subtle light.

Darkness, people, is the only available tool for articulating light.  This is a fundamental element of the structure of things.  These dark letters are obscuring the pure white light of your computer monitor right now, but, if you are bothering to read them, then they are more important to you at this moment than a blank screen.  ("Blank" means white, by the way.)  Anything which articulates pure Light does so using darkness.  Yes, therefore, darkness moves one further away from pure light in some sense, but...BUT...light majestically articulated reflects the sentiment of Divinity back to the Creator in the case of "great music," art and other such things.  In my view, our role here is not to imitate or somehow recapture pure Light, but it is to accept darkness as a tool and craft the distorted light with more skillfully articulated distortions so that the energetic structures we create allow more Divine Light to appear through them.

So, what does it mean to skillfully articulate darkness and light?  I say, this is the work of balancing.  It is the work of accepting the sometimes bumptious flow of love and light, sensing how they are being articulated and, where it seems there could be improvement, introducing forms of articulation which might be more crystalline, more concordant with Divinity.  In that sense, darkness becomes a tool, an implement in the service of Love & Light as it is integral to the sculpting of--well--of our very being, we the offspring of many-ness married to Oneness.

Woof!

[PS:  Although a "two-seater" might describe something found in an outhouse, "diurnal" is not something made of porcelain.)

Darkness is that which is not. So it only exists where and when that which truly is is absent.
Darkness is too of an abstract concept, positive and negative are poles of the same one line. Same destination, different routes.

In an infinite creator there is only unity, unity of all, darkness and light as one. A seen and unseen, is and is not.
(07-11-2018, 03:45 AM)Cainite Wrote: [ -> ]Darkness is that which is not. So it only exists where and when that which truly is is absent.

By strict definition, then, this conversation partially "is not" because it is articulated light, not pure light.  Is that not so?  Is it darkness or Light or an alloyed substance?  Is it a simple matter of definition, or is it that of which you are comprised?

(07-11-2018, 01:01 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2018, 03:45 AM)Cainite Wrote: [ -> ]Darkness is that which is not. So it only exists where and when that which truly is is absent.

By strict definition, then, this conversation partially "is not" because it is articulated light, not pure light.  Is that not so?  Is it darkness or Light or an alloyed substance? 

Alloyed substance. since we experience duality.

Quote: Is it a simple matter of definition, or is it that of which you are comprised?
It's quite real if that's what you're asking.

Hopefully I've gotten it right.