Bring4th

Full Version: When you're scared for no reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you do when you're scared for no reason?
Sometimes I'm like that.

One time in the past it felt like someone put their hand on my shoulder when I was sleeping and woke me up.
I was startled, but I wasn't scared.

Sometimes I have this unknown fear within my solar plexus. Everything is going great otherwise.

Am I picking up the fear of the world? Is this normal?
I think I got a little nervous after a large purchase. I don't know why I feel at times my financial future is uncertain.
The fear would be stronger if I wasn't wearing my orgonite pendant.
I feel it wants to come in, but it just doesn't all that strongly.

But I have had other times with unknown fear.
When I'm scared while experiencing night terrors related to my psychological issues, I attempt Mindfulness with the inner perspective that I am lucky and/or being given a great gift, as the concentration during Mindfulness/the motivation to perform it, and the great fear are both connected and directly proportional. This has improved my ability at Mindfulness significantly. I've found levels of discipline within myself for this that I wouldn't have guessed I'd have developed for a few years (mostly because I don't practice pretty much at all.)

To take your mind off the fear while improving one's skills aids in coping tremendously. I hope you feel better soon.
removed
Agua Wrote:Hmm, to me mindfulness would imply being mindful with what IS at the moment!
I wouldnt say trying to change fear into something else is very mindful, rather the opposite?
Wouldnt mindfulness imply being completely mindful with the fear?

No, the sort of Mindfulness I was suggesting was the opposite. I was referring to paying strong attention to other things instead of the fear. Like concentrating upon your breath, or your body, like the way your arms and legs are feeling at the time to the point that the fear loses some of its impact.

Also, Indigo, I'd like to add practicing visualization to my suggestion. In the LOO, Ra said:

Session 49, Question 8 Wrote:Those who learn to hold visual images in mind are developing an inner concentrative power that can transcend boredom and discomfort.

If it transcends boredom and discomfort, there's no reason in my mind to think that it couldn't help someone suffering because they are afraid.
removed
You're absolutely right about transcending fear being better than merely coping with it, but I wasn't suggesting that one should stop at learning to endure the fear instead of dissolving it completely. Absolutely embracing or fully entering one's fear isn't always an available ability in my experience, sometimes the emotions are more powerful than one's endurance. I'm not familiar with techniques in balancing my emotions myself at the moment however, and believe I would have given some advice on that were I more knowledgeable with it, alongside whatever coping advice which has worked for me in the past.

By the way, your post is a synchronicity on my end as I've seriously been needing to balance my own negative emotions and was actually just attempting to before coming here. Specifically I've accumulated a lot of suppressed fear. Your post was like a polite splash of cold water in my face, if that makes any sense.
removed
(07-17-2018, 06:10 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do when you're scared for no reason?
Sometimes I'm like that.

One time in the past it felt like someone put their hand on my shoulder when I was sleeping and woke me up.

Sometimes I have this unknown fear within my solar plexus. Everything is going great otherwise.

You may have anxiety disorder, or it can be something semi-serious with your body, especially digestion. Since solar plexus involves half of large intestine, and it being under duress causes many things ranging from pressure to diarrhea, even in the long run leading to body complex being irksome.

https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthre...#pid247839
(07-17-2018, 06:10 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do when you're scared for no reason?
Sometimes I'm like that.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if you were simply empathically picking up fear from someone in your neighborhood. Intense emotions are starting to transmit, and fear can be a very intense emotion. It's a symptom of the social memory complex forming, I think. Random inexplicable emotions were happening to me a lot several months ago. I live in a city, and there are a lot of people (and a large hospital) nearby. It hasn't happened in a while, but that's because once I figured out what happened, I started keeping myself shielded from it. I recently posted something in one of Phoenix's threads about shielding for a somewhat different matter, but it might be useful information here too:

"As far as shielding, for a first effort, I would sit and meditate a bit to get centered (even just a few breaths will do it), then try to connect to intelligent infinity. Alternatively, reach out to your higher self and ask for a flow of energy from Source or some other high vibrational...uh...source. Then state (aloud or in your mind, shouldn't matter) an intention that you will be shielded from negative energies and that negative energies directed at you, intentionally or accidentally, will be transmuted into love by your shield and will beam into the surrounding world as positive energy and service. Then visualize energy coming down from "on high" through the higher chakras in your channel, down into your physical seven, where they coalesce into a shield of light that surrounds your physical form. I've seen recommendations to visualize this as white or golden light, and that seems to work fine...

"It's probably a good idea to periodically reinforce it with that whole process...every few weeks maybe. But between those times, just quickly visualizing energy flowing down and reinforcing your shield will suffice for reinforcement."

It's worth trying out. Sometimes you just have to pull the antenna back in, you know?
I agree with what Fuse said.
IMHO basically your gift of energy sensitivity is also a curse. It's terrible..

I've dealt with this particular thing a lot. I'm sorry you also do.
I do cleansing rituals, working with my higherself.
I'm sure you already have suitable outlets like writing. using your creativity you can even take advantage of these negative energies.
Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

From sci-fi novel Dune by Frank Herbert.