Bring4th

Full Version: The nature of evil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought about this and talked it over with some of my friends and I'm looking for some opinions and thus, poll.

"It is the core of evil to try to remove from other selves options to solve problems for the self."

"It is the core of evil to witness evil and to take no stance against it."

Those are the 2 diametrically opposed view points and I need some opinions as it seems to me that I'm drifting towards too far into the accepting end of the scale and need to firm up. Without further ado.
In the LOO and according to my own experience with getting help from discarnate and such entities, you have to ask for help first in order to receive it, and I believe this is where the solution for your problem lies. According to my understanding, your default position should be the first choice in your poll until the being who is suffering asks for aid, and then, if you're able, you try to provide it. I remember reading in the LOO that one of the difficulties of the Positive path is in acquiring the patience to wait until your services are requested. In the situations wherein someone is unable to ask for aid in any way, it would be best to provide help in my opinion.

I would need more options... Wink

I feel like the nature of evil is fear, at least in our 3rd density experience.
Evil usually refers to the moral evil.

According to Ra Material first distortion is free will but the root of STO polarity is the veiling process (the extension of free will) --> concept of separation.
Evil causes “sin” , sin means error, perhaps evil is just the mistake of perceiving separation.

It would be impossible to hurt one or allow another to suffer without assistance if we consciously perceived our complete unity.

We don’t get it. It doesn’t matter. Smile if we understood it couldn’t happen.
Perhaps evil is our actions of ignorance agains our united self.

No dark monster just a product of the veil.
Quote:19.17 Questioner: Can you tell me what bias creates their momentum toward the chosen path of service to self?

Ra: I am Ra. We can speak only in metaphor. Some love the light. Some love the darkness. It is a matter of the unique and infinitely various Creator choosing and playing among its experiences as a child upon a picnic. Some enjoy the picnic and find the sun beautiful, the food delicious, the games refreshing, and glow with the joy of creation. Some find the night delicious, their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature. These enjoy a different picnic.

All these experiences are available. It is free will of each entity which chooses the form of play, the form of pleasure.
(07-19-2018, 08:02 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Evil causes “sin”, sin means error, perhaps evil is just the mistake of perceiving separation.

Sin (moral evil) is not the same as error (natural evil). Sin (and goodness) is intentional/chosen. But I agree. This is the veiled perspective that makes this choice even possible. Without veil unity would be so obvious that it would be impossible for someone sane to come up with real separation and sin.
Best fitting thought video I could find for the debate, please by all means, continue.

This is my take on it: https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4440

I basically end it with this:
Quote:Evil exists to show us that which we are not

(07-20-2018, 08:05 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ] 
This is my take on it: https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4440

I basically end it with this:

Quote:Evil exists to show us that which we are not

thank you for the link Patrick...