Bring4th

Full Version: How real can meditation be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can meditation be as real as physical life? The things you experience in it, can it be just as real as interacting with other physical people and things?
Maybe it can be a way of fulfilling my dreams.

I do it, and have meditated for over a year, but I don't get that deep.
And when it seems to become dreamlike, I lose my awareness of this world and I no longer have control.

Is meditation about giving up control and not getting what you want?

How else can I fulfill my dreams that are impossible here?
Quote:Is meditation about giving up control and not getting what you want?

I'd say this is somewhat insightful with a slight twist. Instead of thinking of it as "not getting what you want", instead try to frame it as, "learning to love/want what you get". Part of being veiled is not understanding, obviously. So we think we want something but we really don't know what is best for ourselves. Better to give up all of that to the Higher Self and let manifest what needs manifested.
(08-03-2018, 01:19 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Is meditation about giving up control and not getting what you want?

I'd say this is somewhat insightful with a slight twist. Instead of thinking of it as "not getting what you want", instead try to frame it as, "learning to love/want what you get". Part of being veiled is not understanding, obviously. So we think we want something but we really don't know what is best for ourselves. Better to give up all of that to the Higher Self and let manifest what needs manifested.

Thank you Jade. The vibration of my higher self felt even higher than my spirit guide. And I had spent all that time reflecting on my spirit guide and working with him. I spent little time on my higher self.
But maybe my higher self has more to offer. Higher self was more like 3rd eye and crown. Trevor, my guide, is more like lower chakras with heart, and is a little uncomfortable because it forces me to reflect on things I might not want to see. I was going to build an altar to my guide Trevor, but then when I checked I got uncomfortable feeling like he wouldn't want an altar built to him. Still I have the incense and an offering bowl. Maybe I'll dedicate the altar to Creator. Though God gives me a good vibration as well. Just not the Christian God.

Before, I never really thought of working with my higher self because that seems so distant. If I am really 4th density wanderer, than becoming my higher self is still millions of years away, if not billions.
The higher self is a gift that the Creator gives to each incarnate mind/body/spirit complex, before reaching the state where it coalesces back into One. I believe cultivating a relationship with the higher self is the best possible guidance. The "Christian God" that you dislike is likely a negative 5th density wanderer. In the New Testament, Jesus offers new commandments that erase all of the old, negatively influenced ones - turn the other cheek instead of an eye for an eye, etc. It's weird that most Christians prefer to follow the Old Testament than the New Testament, when the New Testament is what Christ says and is more about loving each other and welcoming 4th density.

Anyway, an altar to the Creator is a good idea. You don't have to personify the creator by giving them a name like God. The creator is absolutely everything and everywhere and everyone. The magic is how it fills in the blanks and draws this beautiful creation for us to enjoy. Even the dust on my computer desk is the creator. Bashar offered a meditation that I like to do sometimes: Imagine The Creator as one tiny atom, but that atom can move at infinite speeds. So, that one atom is moving at infinite speeds and is making me, you, all of it. It's a much bigger concept. The Higher Self can be personified more easily. Carla used to call her higher self "Holly", because she believed it was the "holy spirit" that Christianity talks about.