Bring4th

Full Version: Perpetual childhood 20.25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:20.25 ▶ Questioner: Then at present it would seem that our life span is much too short for those who are new to third-density lessons. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. Those entities which have, in some way, learned/taught themselves the appropriate distortions for rapid growth can now work within the confines of the shorter life span. However, the greater preponderance of your entities find themselves in what may be considered a perpetual childhood.

What does it mean find ourselves in a perpetual childhood?

Does it apply spiritually?

Is there a way for one to tell if they've matured spiritually or if they're stuck and unable to learn lessons to further their evolution?

Thank you. Love and light.
I don't have a good answer, but I was amused by this and the fact most people I pass by in every day life are very childish despite being grown adults.
removed
Removed
(08-06-2018, 10:22 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]What does it mean find ourselves in a perpetual childhood?

In Ra Material there is explanation what is seniority:

"... each individual becoming aware of the time of harvest and the need on a self-level to bend mind, body, and spirit towards the learn/teaching of these lessons ..." (17.43)

"... those whose chances of using life experiences to become harvestable are the best." (33.12)

I would say all people seeking the meaning of life, attracted by enlightment, religion, philosophy and information like Ra Material and applying it in life are mature or at least on a good way to maturity. "Those less aware of the process" are in childhood.

Quote:48.5 ▶ Questioner: I was afraid of that. My lecture* yesterday was attended by only a few. If this had occurred during a UFO flap, as we call them, many more would have attended. But since Orion entities cause the flaps, primarily, what is Orion’s reward, shall I say, for visibility in that they actually create greater chances and opportunities for dissemination of information such as mine at this time?

Ra: I am Ra. This assumption is incorrect. The flaps cause many fears among your peoples, many speakings, understandings concerning plots, cover-ups, mutilations, killings, and other negative impressions. Even those supposedly positive reports which gain public awareness speak of doom. You may understand yourself as one who will be in the minority due to the understandings which you wish to share, if we may use that misnomer.

We perceive there is a further point we may posit at this time. The audience brought about by Orion-type publicity is not seeded by seniority of vibration to a great extent. The audiences receiving teach/learnings without stimulus from publicity will be more greatly oriented towards illumination. Therefore, forget you the counting.
Quote:The patterns of activation of an entity of high seniority will undoubtedly move with some rapidity to the green-ray level which is the springboard to primary blue. There is always some difficulty in penetrating blue primary energy for it requires that which your people have in great paucity; that is, honesty. Blue ray is the ray of free communication with self and with other-self. Having accepted that an harvestable or nearly harvestable entity will be working from this green-ray springboard one may then posit that the experiences in the remainder of the incarnation will be focused upon activation of the primary blue ray of freely given communication, of indigo ray, that of freely shared intelligent energy, and if possible, moving through this gateway, the penetration of violet-ray intelligent infinity. This may be seen to be manifested by a sense of the consecrate or hallowed nature of everyday creations and activities. (48.7)

When the entity becomes aware in its mind/body/spirit complex totality of the mechanism for spiritual evolution it, itself, will arrange and place those lessons and entities necessary for maximum growth and expression of polarity in the incarnative experience before the forgetting process occurs. The only disadvantage of this total free will of those senior entities choosing the manner of incarnation experiences is that some entities attempt to learn so much during one incarnative experience that the intensity of catalyst disarranges the polarized entity and the experience thus is not maximally useful as intended. (48.8)
There is also a surprising characteristical appearance when ageing. It's a paradox. More senior entity looks more youthful.

Quote:15.6 ▶ Questioner: Then it would be very beneficial for the people of this planet in practicing the Law of One to learn ways of service. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. If you will observe those oriented through a lifetime experiential distortion complex from near the beginning of that experience, you will observe a relatively youthful, as you would call it, appearance.

15.8 ▶ Questioner: If an entity were perfectly balanced on this planet with respect to the Law of One, would he undergo the aging process?

Ra: I am Ra. A perfectly balanced entity would become tired rather than visibly aged. The lessons being learned, the entity would depart. However, this is appropriate and is a form of aging which your peoples do not experience. The understanding comes slowly, the body complex decomposing more rapidly.
(08-06-2018, 10:22 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:20.25 ▶ Questioner: Then at present it would seem that our life span is much too short for those who are new to third-density lessons. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. Those entities which have, in some way, learned/taught themselves the appropriate distortions for rapid growth can now work within the confines of the shorter life span. However, the greater preponderance of your entities find themselves in what may be considered a perpetual childhood.

Is there a way for one to tell if they've matured spiritually or if they're stuck and unable to learn lessons to further their evolution?

This is a quote that really resonates with me. I totally agree with Ra here because I’ve observed this “perpetual spiritual childhood” with the consensus population.

I take this perpetual (spiritual) childhood to mean the unwillingness or resistance to polarization, to clarity (pulling oneself out of confusion), and to make the choice. By refusing to use catalyst to polarize on one path, one eventually stops noticing it. It gets harder and harder for the individual to realize a new way. He becomes stuck in his ways because it’s easier and more comfortable that way. (I can’t think of the specific quote but Ra said something along these lines.)

I think earth humans prefer comfort than the discomfort of spiritual seeking and the knowing of the self. Many have dropped down to second-ray consciousness, which is a consciousness consisting of being ruled by the emotions and feelings. I.e. orange-ray drop down.

I don’t think of any of you guys here would be considered as stuck in a perpetual spiritual childhood. First, you are a wanderer most likely hailing from 6th density. You are an old soul. Wandering in 3D is like revisiting the consciousness of childhood. You have moved beyond third density long, long ago.

To conclude my thoughts, I believe that the perpetual spiritual childhood means consistent third density repeating. One is literally stuck in spiritual “childhood.” We are children, spiritually speaking, having just come from second density with an awareness of the self as an individual, and now we have a Choice to make. The making of that Choice matures us. We rise in consciousness after (and while) polarizing on our chosen path. The work is simply being avoided and rejected by a large percentage of the planetary population. And they’ve been avoiding it for at least two 3D cycles. I can’t accuraely speculate beyond Mars. I don’t know how much of the native Martian population contained 3D repeaters from other planets. But we do know that Mars and Maldek found it necessary to repeat the density of Choice. And now the Earth population... except this time the planet has ascended to 4D, it wasn’t destroyed.
Well, Ra said that building the pyramids were metaphysical training wheels.
So I don't know what it takes to really grow up.
I concur with Nau7ik's interpretation. It's well to remember that polarization does not have to be a conscious project per se, but it does incur a kind of responsibility to use what you're learning at whatever level you're learning it. It is the refusal to accept the responsibility that attends the spiritual power inherent in polarization that causes the Creation to afford the entity that which they desire, i.e. comfort, sleep, and the random probing of distortions to elicit a bias that can be a vehicle for a polarizing process.

Refusal to accept responsibility is a hallmark of childhood; even literal children who accept responsibility strike us as old souls or beyond their age, while plenty of adults who ignore worldly responsibilities strike us as "immature". What we are recognizing is the decision to, as those of Ra put it, grasp the baton and begin the race. It may also be tied in with a need for security that polarization mitigates against to some extent.
(08-07-2018, 08:53 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]

This is a quote that really resonates with me. I totally agree with Ra here because I’ve observed this “perpetual spiritual childhood” with the consensus population.

I take this perpetual (spiritual) childhood to mean the unwillingness or resistance to polarization, to clarity (pulling oneself out of confusion), and to make the choice. By refusing to use catalyst to polarize on one path, one eventually stops noticing it. It gets harder and harder for the individual to realize a new way. He becomes stuck in his ways because it’s easier and more comfortable that way. (I can’t think of the specific quote but Ra said something along these lines.

Perhaps this quote?

Quote:20.17 ▶ Questioner: I’m assuming at the start of one of these cycles there could have been either a positive polarization that would generally occur over the 25 [thousand] years or a negative polarization. Is the reason for the negative polarization and the shortening of the cycle the influx of entities from Mars who had already polarized somewhat negatively?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. There was not a strong negative polarization due to this influx. The lessening of the life span was due primarily to the lack of the building up of positive orientation. When there is no progress those conditions which grant progress are gradually lost. This is one of the difficulties of remaining unpolarized. The chances, shall we say, of progress become steadily less.
(08-07-2018, 11:02 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I concur with Nau7ik's interpretation. It's well to remember that polarization does not have to be a conscious project per se, but it does incur a kind of responsibility to use what you're learning at whatever level you're learning it. It is the refusal to accept the responsibility that attends the spiritual power inherent in polarization that causes the Creation to afford the entity that which they desire, i.e. comfort, sleep, and the random probing of distortions to elicit a bias that can be a vehicle for a polarizing process.

Refusal to accept responsibility is a hallmark of childhood; even literal children who accept responsibility strike us as old souls or beyond their age, while plenty of adults who ignore worldly responsibilities strike us as "immature". What we are recognizing is the decision to, as those of Ra put it, grasp the baton and begin the race. It may also be tied in with a need for security that polarization mitigates against to some extent.

Thinking about the idea of "a need for security" and this notion of spiritual childhood, my mind goes to those aspects of our inner lives that serve the role of an "upbringing" in society - sort of like abstract social parents. I hope this isn't too vague to put words to, but I'm thinking things like social institutions, social identities, belief systems, religion (or anti-religion), value and moral systems, etc. These are all essentially given to us by whatever environment we are born into, similar to our parents themselves. And they serve a similar role as parents by giving us boundaries, teaching us how to relate to others, establishing a groove within our social world so that we have some interface that allows us to join society.

These things offer us a sort of protection like our parents do, though similar to our parents, our relationship with them is not always healthy. But it can be comfortable, and so it may feel better to stay within the confines of those things despite their effects on us.

In my perspective, growing beyond these social structures is the crux of spiritual development in third density. That's not to say that they are innately bad, but just like with our parents it is healthy to grow beyond them at a certain point, to claim our independence. I think this might be where many people are stuck in a sort of "spiritual childhood." We may have grown beyond our literal parents, but we've yet to grow beyond these abstract social parents. We can cling to them as a child clings to its mother's skirt. I think the spark of spiritual seeking in our environment typically begins with an event that cracks this social programming and allows us to distinguish between ourselves and our social world, offering us space to "grow up," as it were.

Maybe what Ra is talking about when they say "learned/taught themselves the appropriate distortions for rapid growth" is an ability to withstand the type of strong blow it takes to crack the social programming, whereas in a longer and slower lifetime these things can be worked out with less turbulence and more quiet contemplation.

All speculation, interesting to think about though.
(08-06-2018, 10:22 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]What does it mean find ourselves in a perpetual childhood?

I don't think that classification of spiritual maturity--in a general sense--is rocket science.  Here's an excerpt from today's (Aug. 7) quote of the day:

Within your density you are specifically guaranteed to be kept off-balance continuously to encounter situations that baffle and confuse your mind and make it necessary to abandon the intellectual logic and move into the feelings of the heart wherein lies wisdom.

If you generally meet the day concerned with survival issues or relationship issues or social issues, that tells you something.  If you address most catalyst from your heart, that bespeaks maturity.

I would use this example as a counterpoint to the contention above that most of the chatter on this website is [or, more accurately, that most of the participants are] of the mature variety.  I may be quite wrong, but although some of the verbiage shows concern for others, I see much of that concern centering around social or relationship or survival issues.  Not so much of it resonates heart-centered (or higher) consciousness (according to my personal consciousness gauge).

To be clear, I'm not offering this observation as derogation.  I think it's totally groovy to explore this stuff on whatever level you are at.  I'm just attempting to view the matter honestly.

removed
Removed
removed
Removed
(08-08-2018, 03:11 AM)Agua Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2018, 08:53 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I think earth humans prefer comfort than the discomfort of spiritual seeking and the knowing of the self. Many have dropped down to second-ray consciousness, which is a consciousness consisting of being ruled by the emotions and feelings. I.e. orange-ray drop down.

I don’t think of any of you guys here would be considered as stuck in a perpetual spiritual childhood. First, you are a wanderer most likely hailing from 6th density. You are an old soul. Wandering in 3D is like revisiting the consciousness of childhood. You have moved beyond third density long,

I have to say I dont agree with the parts I quoted:

I think its crucial to acknowledge, that wanderers also are earth humans!
That "portion" of us that we can access while incarnated here faces the exact same issues as everbody else.
In fact, from my observation I would say that wanderers have significantly more issues and difficulties to get the very "basics of living here" down!
I would also note that everyone is a wanderer in fact, including "earth humans".

As to the second part, I am pretty sure no one on this forum ( including myself) is even close to growing out of spiritual childhood at this time!
I think you overestimate your/our stage of evolution and underestimate what life will be like after "spiritual childhood"!

Lol.

Obviously wanderers are earth humans. Wanderers obviously are not better or lesser than anyone else. wanderers still need to polarize and do the work of third density. Ra said that wanderers become completely the creature of third density in mind and body.

If (some of) ya’ll would read my comments in context, that would help facilitate a better understanding of what I am saying. In context, we are discussing the planetary population of 3D earth. Earth humans (obviously we are humans too) find themselves in a state of perpetual spiritual childhood. What does that mean? It means these souls are having difficulty pulling themselves out of confusion and polarizing. This is precisely why wanderers are here at this time. Wanderers can certainly get caught up in the maelstrom of karma and become stuck themselves.
I do not believe that the term “perpetual spiritual childhood” applies in this case because wanderers have moved beyond third density long ago in their soul’s history. They’ve grown out of childhood and have returned to that consciousness, temporarily, to alleviate the planetary suffering and dis-ease. Wanderers and earth humans are the same in mind and body, but not spirit. The spirit complex is not veiled. Wanderers must make their choice again (and from what is said by Q’uo, we were fairly confident in our ability to make the choice for the positive polarity again before incarnating, despite being under the veil).

I didn’t say wanderers are veiled just like native earth humans and that we are the same in mind and body because I thought that was an obvious understanding with anyone who’s read the Law of One Ra Material.

The keyword here is “perpetual”. It’s being repeated over and over again. It’s a subtle difference of not being able to get out third density to having gotten out of 3D and returned. at the soul level, these two are not exactly the same. One has done significant spiritual work in their evolutionary history and the other is only just beginning that work. Be it remembered that both are under the veil and in the same boat at this nexus in time. But that evolutionary work through the densities isn’t gone or deleted. It’s still there, under a veil, which can be penetrated somewhat. Ra said that Don, Carla, and Jim belonged to the percentile group of wanderers of the highest grade of remembering. (The other two categories were wanderers who discerned the sympomology of being a wanderer, and then those wanderers who are simply aware that they are different but don’t know why.)

——————

Anyway, thank you to blossom and Jeremy and peregrine for your comments! I agree that the refusal to take personal responsibility is a hallmark of “childhood” / immaturity. And Peregrine, you’re right. Your comments were honest and fair and more accurate than my observation. And it’s a better standard for discrimination / discernment of where our consciousness is predominant.
If the matter of contention is whether or not those of us in this conversation are in the "mature seeker" club, well, what does that angle tell you about our developmental status, at least with respect to the issue of judgment? Smile

It's ok. Far better and more honest for these things to come out and get dealt with in a straight ahead manner. I have no idea where I'm at relative to others, but then again, it's not a contest, is it?

One more thing: recall that those of Ra are often qualifying their assessment of third density Earth by pointing out that they are speaking in generalities. The qualification is necessary in order to keep us from jumping to pat conclusions, to help us avoid the rigid classifications that reduce reality to what is able to be judged. If I can go a bit further, I think in these reminders they are constantly seeking for us to appreciate the mind-boggling, infinite diversity of the human condition in third density and the soul diversity behind it.

The generality about perpetual childhood was meant, I believe, to describe a dynamic. It wasn't intended, I'd argue, to be a category in which people are placed, as if that were the most important thing to appreciate about them!
My understanding of this topic was to define “perpetual spiritual childhood”. That’s what I attempted to do. In that process I recognize the differences of what can be properly defined as a “perpetual spiritual childhood.” By necessity I need to make a distinction of what it applies to and what it does not. We simply can’t say every being in Creation is exactly the same and we’re all stuck in a perpetual spiritual childhood because recognizing any kind of differences in others in BAD. The differences just are. There is no judgment save for what you inject into it.

There’s a difference between judgment and discernment. That’s the problem I am seeing here.

Anyway, I’ve said what I wanted to say. Take it or leave. This was an enjoyable topic to look at and discuss, but now that’s ruined. Thumbs-up
I appreciate everyone's comments, you are all being very helpful.

I was wondering if "perpetual childhood" applied spiritually, to us, perhaps.

From my understanding, and from all of yours comments, I would come to feel that it does not so apply to people who do spiritual work, since it there ends the "perpetual childhood", we have grown past the physical and came to seek the metaphysical, hence, we're doing evolutionary work. We seem to be the catalyst for others in 3d to grow up and out of "perpetual childhood".  Smile
Nau7ik, I appreciate the degree to which it's frustrating that these threads tend to go off the rails and diverge from the OP's original intent. I especially sympathize with the feeling of being criticized for, perhaps, not appreciating every dimension of a topic simply because one has to start somewhere to start a thread. I hope you will discover a slight bit of comfort in the knowledge that Blossom and I, at the very least, have benefited tremendously from the meanderings of the discussion, a discussion that likely would not have occurred had you not started it. I feel I understand the point you were trying to make, but I also think others have widened that point so that we all get exercised and taken outside our comfort zone a little bit. It does not undermine the point you're making about discernment and perpetual childhood, but it does perhaps take it out of the pure definitional realm into one that becomes a bit more nuanced, emotional, and even personal. I think that's far from a misunderstanding of your point; it's instead an attempt to really grapple with it rather than just admire the abstraction from afar. Am I making any sense?

In any case, thank you, Nau7ik, for putting a fine point on the subject of "perpetual spiritual childhood" and allowing us to color outside the lines a little bit. It's very useful to know where the lines are, so that we know when our feelings conform to those lines and when they don't. It's not intended to denigrate the value of getting sharper lines, though!

Just look at the people when they are at different ages.

There is an immense immaturity, a childishness, that continues for a good 40-50 years from the time people are born until they are older.

They care about transient things, they care about what other people think about them, they care about fleeting things like careers, status, reputation. So much that they even dont behave like themselves for long decades and try to present themselves as something else than they are, generally what society perceives desirable at that given points in time.

They fight for trivial things, transient differences. So much that when they fight and throw the bridges with each other, they may not even remember what was the reason for that 10 years later.

They pay attention to the form rather than the content. They pay attention to the presentation rather than the intent.

Majority of these are overcome around later ages, and people mature into their real selves in quite late ages in humans' lives. Like, 60~+. But as such, as Ra mentions, that is a bit too long when compared to average lifespan on this planet.

So majority of people spend their lives inside the society in perpetual childhood. Only maturing when they are not only quite advanced in their years, but also when generally they are out of society and its functional structures, ie, when they are retired.

Our peoples life span being cut has lessened the amount of average growth/learning by a large degree
Also the collateral/associated damage is to that which is passed from generation to generation. Culminating in what could be termed perpetual childhood. Quite literally our peoples growth/evolution has stagnated into the average entity being a mere child throughout the total incarnation. Acting like a child, and passing child like mentalities down.

Also something of note, is that the magnitude/frequency of catalyst has not dwarfed to the degree of the lessening of the life span. Leading to very shortened but heavily catalized incarnations. The silver lining, is that the potential growth, in a very short amount of time, is astounding. Imagine packing 1000 years worth of catalyst, in say 65.
I always interpreted this much the way Infinite Unity has explained.

To expand a bit the start of the maturing process to me is when one starts instead of wondering why things are happening to them they ask instead what can I learn from this, and instead of being triggered by the behavior of others, one can step back and try to understand them. Ultimately from that balanced state determine their response from a clear untriggered, un-egoic mind vs the the way most live which is by unconscious reaction.

It is where the shadows or wounds are sorted out, understood, unraveled, healed and forgiven instead of perpetuated or perpetrated against oneself or other self. Of course it goes further but that to me is the start of the maturation process.
(08-08-2018, 08:13 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I always interpreted this much the way Infinite Unity has explained.

To expand a bit the start of the maturing process to me is when one starts instead of wondering why things are happening to them they ask instead what can I learn from this, and instead of being triggered by the behavior of others, one can step back and try to understand them. Ultimately from that balanced state determine their response from a clear untriggered, un-egoic mind vs the the way most live which is by unconscious reaction.

It is where the shadows or wounds are sorted out, understood, unraveled, healed and forgiven instead of perpetuated or perpetrated against oneself or other self. Of course it goes further but that to me is the start of the maturation process.

Very nicely said.

In my own opinion it is practically impossible to incarnate third density, without some type of "wound" being incurred. This wound is usually a cornerstone or having apart of the foundation of the ego. Or blockage in yellow ray.

It's hard to argue against the assertion that life here is full of challenging catalyst (read: trauma).  Likewise, I would affirm the idea that the road to maturity begins by stepping away from unconscious reaction to that catalyst and towards understanding the ins and outs of one's inner responses, habitual patterns and blockages.

I would then kick it one step further by proposing that the first stages of maturity look like what's described in today's quote of the day.

The center of the universe is the center of each entity's heart. The open heart of the great Self, which each self is, is that center which is a unity. All of the portions of the Creator, shall we say rather misleadingly, seem to themselves to be in time and space each unique, each separate and each apart. Yet, in truth, the center of the constellations is the open heart. All measurement, all numbering, all ways of detailing and patterning the observed creation fall to dust before the open heart. Love is of a certain nature. The fullness, breadth, depth and height of the nature of love is both revealed and concealed by its visibility and ready accessibility for each self contains this center without distortion within the open heart.

In other words, the first step towards maturity looks like honest self-evaluation from the level of consciousness of the red/orange/yellow centers, and the first stage of maturity looks like experiencing life at the level of green ray consciousness.

One surely pays a high price for playing this game, but by the same token, the rewards appear to be crucial to the point of being able to positively affect one's entire soul stream.

(08-08-2018, 11:44 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ] 
It's hard to argue against the assertion that life here is full of challenging catalyst (read: trauma).  Likewise, I would affirm the idea that the road to maturity begins by stepping away from unconscious reaction to that catalyst and towards understanding the ins and outs of one's inner responses, habitual patterns and blockages.

I would then kick it one step further by proposing that the first stages of maturity look like what's described in today's quote of the day.

The center of the universe is the center of each entity's heart. The open heart of the great Self, which each self is, is that center which is a unity. All of the portions of the Creator, shall we say rather misleadingly, seem to themselves to be in time and space each unique, each separate and each apart. Yet, in truth, the center of the constellations is the open heart. All measurement, all numbering, all ways of detailing and patterning the observed creation fall to dust before the open heart. Love is of a certain nature. The fullness, breadth, depth and height of the nature of love is both revealed and concealed by its visibility and ready accessibility for each self contains this center without distortion within the open heart.

In other words, the first step towards maturity looks like honest self-evaluation from the level of consciousness of the red/orange/yellow centers, and the first stage of maturity looks like experiencing life at the level of green ray consciousness.

One surely pays a high price for playing this game, but by the same token, the rewards appear to be crucial to the point of being able to positively affect one's entire soul stream.

I would have thought both my reply and Infinite Unities post would have inferred this. Understanding is a product of the open heart through compassion and a step away from self-hood toward unity.
I'm continually amused by the vast spectrum of perception many seekers in the Law of One community have in regards to what "advanced" spiritual work is - whether we call it adepthood, spiritual maturity, higher work, balanced work, etc. It seems like there are ideas all along the spectrum between the extremes of "most people even within this community are nowhere close to attaining adepthood/spiritual maturity/etc." to "if you're in this community, you've probably reached the threshold."

I tend towards the view that places the bar lower. I think some people put adepthood (or spiritual maturity) upon a pedestal and have a very specific view of what it is, and often that pedestal is quite out of reach of most within the peer group. I view the spectrum of such spiritual progression to be vast, and it can begin quite soon after the opening of the heart (even in a minimal way). I do believe there are many people who don't identify with spiritual seeking at all yet do much unconscious magical work, perhaps even tapping the gateway in imperceptible ways.

I do believe that dedicated and conscious spiritual work at the level of dedicated adepts increases this ability to do "work" exponentially, but that is the higher end of this vast spectrum.

I would say it isn't uncommon to encounter a person who has, as Ra put it, "learned/taught themselves the appropriate distortions for rapid growth" and have opened their heart, moving into the initial stages of spiritual maturity. As Ra implies, it is obviously more common to encounter those in a spiritual childhood, but considering how many people exist on this planet then the number of "spiritually mature" people is, in my view, greater than what some people here would consider. I mean, what Ra is essentially talking about here is people who have achieved harvestability, the so-called "51% service-to-others" barrier. I do have a bit of a grim view of humanity, but not so grim to think that people who have actually made the Choice are an incredibly rare breed.

I don't think that simple presence in a community such as this is an indicator of such maturity. I am sometimes surprised at the groping in shadows and feedback loops I witness seekers go through. But at the same time, how many people in this world are enthusiastic about, and actively engaged with, a spiritual text that encourages the utilization of catalyst? That offers a highly effective tool set for spiritual evolution? Ra's teaching is certainly not the only (or most effective) of these types of tools, but this general interest in such things does, in my opinion, give such seekers a leg up.
I take your point that there are people who could be considered adept in some sense who do not purposely pursue such a status.  But don't you suppose that reason you would suspect that of a person is that you sense its uncommon spiritual gravity?  I would suggest that such a thing as that is not attained randomly, but by long term commitment to its own sense of inner light, however it might describe that.  I don't know of another way of developing polarity, do you?  In other words, I suppose I am herewith justifying the higher bar for adept status and, as well, for harvest readiness.  After all, graduation is given to those who can work with more pure light, ja?

On another point, I wonder if people who are attracted to the Ra Material, generally speaking, are actually at a disadvantage when it comes to harvest-ready, and I mean this in the following way.  In order to make any sense of this stuff, I would aver, a person needs to have a real fondness for information processing.  That is to say, this is some hard stuff to chew through due to the bouncing around of the questions, the weird lingo and all the rest.  Therefore, the survivors, if you will, must needs be facile with information, and because that is their string suit, it may be hard for them to get past the information as information.  Um--struggling to clarify--it may be hard for "us," I should say, to let go of the theoretical, knowledge-base mindset and actually live the dream, rather than think and talk about it.....[he said, theoretically...]

Pages: 1 2