Bring4th

Full Version: Spinoza's The Ethics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have started reading the book The Ethics, by Benedict de Spinoza.

I have read about 10% of this book, which seems to be consisting entirely of logical proofs that demonstrate the existence of what the writer/philosopher interchangeably refers to as "God" and "Nature".

The book starts out demonstrating with logic that such a being/entity exists out of necessity, and that this entity is all that there ever was or will be. Further, it continues to demonstrate logic in showing that everything that exists or can be conceived only exists in God/Nature, which is an infinite being with infinite attributes and essence.

I enjoy the great detail and creative use of logic to demonstrate self-evident truths that show with clarity why some misconceptions about what many people consider God and Nature are wrong, and what an infinite existence is actually like. For example, the book calls out the fallacy of comparing an infinite existence such as God/Nature to that of a finite one like me or another man.

So far it seems that Spinoza came to a conclusion that is very much in line with the Law of One. I am enjoying the reading, and wondering if anyone else has thoughts about it.

For those wanting to get a hold of the book easily, I found a download available for free at this link: http://www.fulltextarchive.com/page/The-Ethics1/
To keep it relevant to science and technology, Spinoza's immanent philosophy is consistent with the contextual space-time and time-space of the Reciprocal System which is "relations all the way down" instead of absolute objects. But then what is Ra's one infinite Creator? Is it transcendent and outside Nature as a mystery-clad entity?
Yeah, I didn't know where else to post this.
Thanks for the response, 4Dsunrise.

I am not familiar with the Reciprocal System. I'll try looking into it, I guess.
(10-05-2018, 09:48 PM)Foha Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I didn't know where else to post this.
Thanks for the response, 4Dsunrise.

I am not familiar with the Reciprocal System. I'll try looking into it, I guess.

I think that's from Dewey Larson.