Bring4th

Full Version: Feelings of impending doom and dread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else get these feelings often? I do when I worry about things like making the bills on time, but sometimes it happens for what seems like no reason at all. What do you do when you feel mentally exhausted and things seem so dark?
Just keep pushing gently. Wait for that moment when 'it' passes, and just get up and continue on your path.
If there is a nice weather, go outside, sit on a bench under the sun, close your eyes if you want, and just listen to the world about you.
When things seem dark to me, I try and keep faith that I have to keep going and raise up not just for myself but for those around me who need my presence.
We all have a role to play in this grand illusion, perhaps to experience these hard times and find healing, love.
Hi,

I have something which may be similar when I have an emotional flashback (reliving a trauma from before the visual memory kicked in). If this is the case for you, then the book "Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving" may help.

Otherwise what has helped me is just to remain really, really present during those feelings. Almost like letting myself go fully into them and just let them be there, without pushing them away or analyzing them. Sometimes they get stronger at first and other times they seem to visit me for a long time. But often some movement and comfort comes and I feel a sense of relief.

I hope this helps.
Steve
You could ask your higher self or spirit guide to help you energetically with the feelings.
My higher self doesn't really seem to work, but it might with you.
My spirit guide works very well. I have anxiety in my solar plexus,
even though I don't really financially struggle.
I do have debts that I'd like to take care of though.
I completely agree with SteveinFrance. Whenever feelings come up without an immediately apparent cause, it is because they are stored emotions from our past, rather than anything to do with the present. Unresolved emotions never go away, but are triggered by current life events.

The book he recommends by Pete Walker is an excellent choice to help you understand this phenomenon of emotional flashbacks, but I would only suggest that you do not believe the author when he says that emotional flashbacks never really go away; they do and they will.

The trick is to stop avoiding the feeling or attempting to escape it; I know that this is difficult and counterintuitive, but think of the feeling as coming from a part of you that's deeply hurting, emotionally, and needs love from you – the only person that is aware of it and is able to help us – to feel better. So, approach it with love, by which I mean simple gentle kindness, and stay with it, kind of how you might stay with a friend who had just gone through a painful break up and is feeling awful, and simply needs someone who is compassionate to be around him or her. Let that compassion flow from you to the part of you that's hurting inside, and you will notice that it is easing up.
Sometimes simple things can be overlooked. I've noticed that lots of caffeine gives me anxiety. If I feel off I like to go for a walk or run, especially in the woods.
(09-05-2018, 05:28 PM)native Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes simple things can be overlooked. I've noticed that lots of caffeine gives me anxiety. If I feel off I like to go for a walk or run, especially in the woods.

All I drink usually is coffee. That doesn't help. Confused
(09-06-2018, 03:08 PM)DungBeetle Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2018, 05:28 PM)native Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes simple things can be overlooked. I've noticed that lots of caffeine gives me anxiety. If I feel off I like to go for a walk or run, especially in the woods.

All I drink usually is coffee. That doesn't help.  Confused

I also used to drink coffee about twice every day. Switched to hot coco instead, lol. Even tea is said to have caffeine.