Bring4th

Full Version: Tips on letting go of struggle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I deal with my various issues, I come to the question of what to do about my "struggles"?

I realize that letting go of struggle is a part of the positive path.

But since struggle is where people tend to get there sense of meaning from, it's been rather difficult to let go of.

So how does one address this issue?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't think to put a question mark at the end of the title. Kind accidentally bait-and-switched y'all with that. You probably expected I HAD some tips. Sorry for the confusion.
I don't know if positive path is possible without struggle (at least in 3.d). It's just a different kind.
I don't think letting go of struggle is part of the positive path, either. I think learning to accept it is part of the positive path. The struggle is a way of relating to the transformational character that unfolds throughout the lifetime. Perhaps what is identified as "struggle" is really just one part in a broader set of possible relations, and what is called for is not so much getting rid of it as accepting and paying attention to it.

It is not wrong or bad to be in pain, to be struggling, to be uncertain, to be depressed, etc. These things, I believe, are not signs that we are in some sort of error. They are signs that we need to pay more attention to the currents of our life, that we are overlooking something of import.

It is useful to view one's life as a dream and interpret it as such. Where do conflicts arise? If this were a dream, how would you interpret it? Struggles are not simply to be endured; they are there to teach, but they can't teach if you have no impulse to look at them.

It is possible to be grateful for your struggle, but to do that, I believe one must view one's life as not simply an exercise in attaining as many happy and peaceful moments as possible. Life is a vehicle for working on yourself and growing as a spirit, recognizing that the true peace and joy we seek is not something borne of material events in this world in the first place.
(09-06-2018, 08:13 AM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]As I deal with my various issues, I come to the question of what to do about my "struggles"?

But since struggle is where people tend to get there sense of meaning from, it's been rather difficult to let go of.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't think to put a question mark at the end of the title. Kind accidentally bait-and-switched y'all with that. You probably expected I HAD some tips. Sorry for the confusion.

Practice letting go of other goals in any situation, and making finding love inside yourself for all concerned your primary goal. 

Struggle is about wanting external reality to be in some way other than it is.  Spiritual growth is about meeting external reality as it is, with love. 

If you shift your focus away from struggling against circumstances (which are mostly not under your control) to, instead, finding love as your primary goal, the struggle lessens automatically because 1) love feels amazing, 2) the capacity to find love is 100% under your control.

Does that make sense?
(09-06-2018, 09:50 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2018, 08:13 AM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]As I deal with my various issues, I come to the question of what to do about my "struggles"?

Practice letting go of other goals in any situation, and making finding love inside yourself for all concerned your primary goal. 

Struggle is about wanting external reality to be in some way other than it is.  Spiritual growth is about meeting external reality as it is, with love. 

If you shift your focus away from struggling against circumstances (which are mostly not under your control) to, instead, finding love as your primary goal, the struggle lessens automatically because 1) love feels amazing, 2) the capacity to find love is 100% under your control.

Does that make sense?

Thank you SO MUCH for this, Stranger! I think you may have helped me with my previous post too! PErhaps my recent fears and insecurities are to propel me towards seeking guidance in learning this lesson?
You are welcome, brother. We're all going through "stuff" here in the lovely 3D. It's a joy to help a fellow traveler on the road.

Be well, and know that you are loved.
I would agree with Stranger. Letting go of struggle is part of the positive path and a very valid lesson. It’s part of my curriculum right now actually.

I will just add to notice your thoughts. Struggle often starts on the mind with these.
If you can train yourself to look for loving thoughts and recognize the ones of fear or no acceptance or comparisons you will find the root of much of life’s struggles.

It has been helpful for me and I admittedly haven’t been at it long.
(09-06-2018, 10:35 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I would agree with Stranger. Letting go of struggle is part of the positive path and a very valid lesson. It’s part of my curriculum right now actually.

I will just add to notice your thoughts. Struggle often starts on the mind with these.
If you can train yourself to look for loving thoughts and recognize the ones of fear or no acceptance or comparisons you will find the root of much of life’s struggles.

It has been helpful for me and I admittedly haven’t been at it long.

You know what's funny! After all I've been going through, I just recently started to reassure myself thanks in no small part to y'alls loving support and guidance within this community that I'm fine and things are safe and I've learned some very valuable lessons so far and Im excited to keep learning!

Anyway, as I'm hitting the like on your comment, I'm instantly drawn to see your "likes count" and it's 1111, RIGHT before it changed to 1112 (thanks to my like)

Cool huh? >_<

I think maybe there's a piece of me that associates letting go of struggle with complacency.

Does anybody have any input they think would help me approach this subject?
(09-06-2018, 10:45 AM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I think maybe there's a piece of me that associates letting go of struggle with complacency.

But maybe complacency is just another word for peace or transmutation of an energy.

I will try to share with you a few of my lessons.

Please bare with me it is often hard to discribe understandings that come over several lessons(dreams and knowings) into word.
I will try incase you can glean something from it.

First struggle isn't necessarily what is happening but our thoughts about it. Time is part of experiencing both pleasure and pain so sometimes we need to use the experience of time(pleasure) and in other moments it is very useful to be able to step outside of time(pain).

So might be best to use a dream I had as that is how it was shown to me.

There was a man in a concrete building. It was basically a quarantine lab because he had a virus.
It was kept inactive and he was a normal nice pleasant person. The Dr who was there to keep the virus from taking over had to leave .

In her absence the virus started to activate and take control. The man was feeling angry, violent and reactive. The virus was over powering him and the feeling was everyone is in danger. The virus will spread and everyone will be out of control hurting one another.

I was trying to figure out how to contain him and the virus but it looked impossible.

The knowledge almost narrated but not with words was that we are all infected with a virus. The virus has already spread.
It isn't some looming zombie apocalypse but the way our thoughts experience time so we pull our pains/fears/ unforgiveness of self and others into the present/future and it manifests as actions/behaviors that hurt our self and others.

You can chose to use that or not but it has shown me that these thoughts say your grief over the loss of that friend. It is virus.
You are comparing moments in the past when the friend was with you to this moment when they are not here. This moment isn't actually so bad but bringing up the idea of your friends absence contaminates this moment.
Drop context from each moment, even drop the moment before and the moment after. What is in that one moment.

Without context most moments are actually ok. Devoid of actual suffering. Sometimes even the most humdrum without context can be experienced as love/calm/beautiful/joyous just for the moment without words just awareness of what is in that moment.

Suffering that is real like abuse or circumstance is still the perpetrator bringing their virus into the moment and exposing you to it.

I am sure there is a lot of explaining I could do to try and make this clear. I admit it isn't my forte. I am still piecing all the bits together to form it into linear thought. Hopefully you can understand a few ways to remove context of the moment when necessary though to skip over that unnecessary struggle, and also to keep the virus from spreading through you. Transmutation of the virus when possible.

Hopefully it didn't just read as nonsense. I swear it helped me which is the only reason I am passing it on.

As to complacency. I'm not sure after typing all that if it addresses your question except complacent with what? Isn't everything we could be complacent about just an idea, just a string of moments we are placing context on, a perpetuation of the virus?

Only you can say.
(09-06-2018, 01:09 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2018, 10:45 AM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I think maybe there's a piece of me that associates letting go of struggle with complacency.

But maybe complacency is just another word for peace or transmutation of an energy.

I will try to share with you a few of my lessons.

Please bare with me it is often hard to discribe understandings that come over several lessons(dreams and knowings) into word.
I will try incase you can glean something from it.

First struggle isn't necessarily what is happening but our thoughts about it. Time is part of experiencing both pleasure and pain so sometimes we need to use the experience of time(pleasure) and in other moments it is very useful to be able to step outside of time(pain).

So might be best to use a dream I had as that is how it was shown to me.

There was a man in a concrete building. It was basically a quarantine lab because he had a virus.
It was kept inactive and he was a normal nice pleasant person. The Dr who was there to keep the virus from taking over had to leave .

In her absence the virus started to activate and take control. The man was feeling angry, violent and reactive. The virus was over powering him and the feeling was everyone is in danger. The virus will spread and everyone will be out of control hurting one another.

I was trying to figure out how to contain him and the virus but it looked impossible.

The knowledge almost narrated but not with words was that we are all infected with a virus. The virus has already spread.
It isn't some looming zombie apocalypse but the way our thoughts experience time so we pull our pains/fears/ unforgiveness of self and others into the present/future and it manifests as actions/behaviors that hurt our self and others.

You can chose to use that or not but it has shown me that these thoughts say your grief over the loss of that friend. It is virus.
You are comparing moments in the past when the friend was with you to this moment when they are not here. This moment isn't actually so bad but bringing up the idea of your friends absence contaminates this moment.
Drop context from each moment, even drop the moment before and the moment after. What is in that one moment.

Without context most moments are actually ok. Devoid of actual suffering. Sometimes even the most humdrum without context can be experienced as love/calm/beautiful/joyous just for the moment without words just awareness of what is in that moment.

Suffering that is real like abuse or circumstance is still the perpetrator bringing their virus into the moment and exposing you to it.

I am sure there is a lot of explaining I could do to try and make this clear. I admit it isn't my forte. I am still piecing all the bits together to form it into linear thought. Hopefully you can understand a few ways to remove context of the moment when necessary though to skip over that unnecessary struggle, and also to keep the virus from spreading through you. Transmutation of the virus when possible.

Hopefully it didn't just read as nonsense. I swear it helped me which is the only reason I am passing it on.

As to complacency. I'm not sure after typing all that if it addresses your question except complacent with what? Isn't everything we could be complacent about just an idea, just a string of moments we are placing context on, a perpetuation of the virus?

Only you can say.

Thank you for your lesson, Glow.

Actually, right now, I'm thinking more about the issues I am dealing with in my other post, which are different from that issue. I think I've actually come to terms mostly with that. Still, there's an even deeper issue I'm overcoming, and that is "victim mentality"

And now I remember somebody saying "There is nothing to overcome, only that which falls away"

HAHA good timing remembering that one!

EDIT: 7 minutes later, I notice this thread with 77 views LOL Neat!
(09-06-2018, 01:16 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, right now, I'm thinking more about the issues I am dealing with in my other post, which are different from that issue. I think I've actually come to terms mostly with that. Still, there's an even deeper issue I'm overcoming, and that is "victim mentality"

And now I remember somebody saying "There is nothing to overcome, only that which falls away"

Still victim mentality would still be pulling the past and thoughts about it into the present. You could just try when those thought arise as seeing it as out of context for that moment, and step more fully into the current one.

I hope you find peace. Smile
(09-06-2018, 01:26 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2018, 01:16 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, right now, I'm thinking more about the issues I am dealing with in my other post, which are different from that issue. I think I've actually come to terms mostly with that. Still, there's an even deeper issue I'm overcoming, and that is "victim mentality"

Still victim mentality would still be pulling the past and thoughts about it into the present. You could just try when those thought arise as seeing it as out of context for that moment, and step more fully into the current one.

Thank you for that, Glow! I appreciate the helpful insight and advice!

My etheric allies are guiding me to work through a lot of stuff and you guys are helping to transmute it! Let's keep it up! This could be really helping transmute distortions within the mass consciousness, or at least anyone who reads these!

I take that 777 sign as a good sign I'm handling this correctly!
(09-06-2018, 01:29 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2018, 01:26 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you for that, Glow! I appreciate the helpful insight and advice!

My etheric allies are guiding me to work through a lot of stuff and you guys are helping to transmute it! Let's keep it up! This could be really helping transmute distortions within the mass consciousness, or at least anyone who reads these!

I take that 777 sign as a good sign I'm handling this correctly!

Also, it wasn't a likes count but a views count. Whatevs.