Bring4th

Full Version: If the TRUTH is OBJECTIVE, then..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would telling someone the TRUTH, cause you to polarize negatively?

Do you all believe that the TRUTH, is indeed OBJECTIVE?

I've said some TRUTHFUL things to people. Some people live in denial of the TRUTH, because it's comfortable. I didn't come here to make friends with anyone except people (regardless of density of origin) who uphold the TRUTH.

What are your thoughts on this?

My ex-gf asked me one time if she looked fat in a swimsuit - and I told her YES because she was overweight- am I the bad guy if I was asked?

If someone is being a JERK, is it STS to tell them so???
Quote:My ex-gf asked me one time if she looked fat in a swimsuit - and I told her YES because she was overweight- am I the bad guy if I was asked?

Not necessarily, no. But it wouldn't be a very compassionate thing to do, if you understand (from their understanding) how it will make them feel.
If you are polarizing as service to others, aren't you supposed to help others? For example, your ex asked you if she looked fat in a swimsuit and you said yes. Could it have been a better service to others option to say something that made her feel good about herself rather than bad? Maybe say something like: You look good to me no matter what you wear. IMHO, making someone feel bad about themselves regardless of whether it is the truth or not borders on service to self. It appears that you are making yourself feel better because you are telling the truth without regard as to how your answer affects the other person.
I understand the weight issue that most women have. It's a result of Hollywood and Modeling.

Personally, I like Curves. I think a curvy woman is much sexier than a frail model you'd see on the front of Cosmopolitan.

BUT

What if someone is being a JERK? IS IT SERVICE TO SELF TO TELL THEM THEY ARE A JERK?
mistake
Also, I'd like to add that I think I'm overweight now, and if asked someone if he/she thought I was fat, I would want an HONEST response.

ALSO, there are curvy women and then there are morbidly obese women too.  When I say I like Curvy women, I don't mean I like morbidly obese women.  If that bothers you then maybe you need to lose some weight?
There was a woman in high school that said if she was fat she'd rather be called pleasantly plump than fat.
(09-07-2018, 11:08 AM)john11:11 Wrote: [ -> ]My ex-gf asked me one time if she looked fat in a swimsuit - and I told her YES because she was overweight- am I the bad guy if I was asked?  

It's not just what we say but also how we say it. Also understanding what was the other really trying to say. Women often tend to conceal the true meaning. I would translate "Do I look fat in this swimsuit?" into: "Do I look beautiful to you in this swimsuit?" or "Do you like what you see?" Women needs her man to notice and confirm her beauty and show honest fascination.
I wrote a long post but reading over it i feel i wasn’t addressing your specific concern.

There is no absolute truth in third density. It’s radically subjective: our perceptions of reality.