Bring4th

Full Version: 2010.09.28 "In the Now" responses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i got home from work at 2;00 am this morning the first thing i did
was go to the forums to see if carlas q and a session was posted.
fortunately it was and i spent the next 1.5 hours listening.

carlas voice was clear and self assured and monica was a wonderful
moderator. it was a pleasure to actually hear her and monica live audio
beats the internet by a mile imho
Carla commented on peels question about dealing with difficult people.
basically she said that the people we are in relationship with are mirrors
for us. you cannot escape yourself. and she implied that the difficult
people we deal with on a regular basis are opportunities for us to expand
our capacity to love. we are not going to change them, an unawakened
soul is not going to suddenly change into jesus but dealing with an unawakened soul in a loving manner will definitely help us to become
more christ like. we all have to face the unloving judgemental parts of
ourselves and accepting that challenge can assist us greatly in
moving up the steps of light into the higher realms.
pablissimo posed a question about self forgiveness . essentially Carla
said that many of us on this path find it easier to forgive others
that we do ourselves. we tend to be our own worst critics many times.
but as Ra says we are one , just as we have elements of the christ in
us we also have elements of the anti christ in us. to deny that is to
delude ourselves . until we learn to love those parts of ourselves that
are unlovable we have not resolved our polarities imho. so all of us
can give ourselves a big hug and look into our soul and say i love you
just as you are lol.
there is much wisdom to be garnered from this q and a and i just
thought i would post about some of the things which struck me

norral
I agree norral. The new format is excellent for Q&A.

I like that Carla can take as long as she likes and fully explain each concept. Then Monica adds follow up questions in dialog for an even richer understanding. It is wonderful to hear the gentle kindness and love in Carla's voice. It's also very nice to discover that Monica's voice is so energetic and happy.

Well worth it to me that some questions including mine got bumped, so that Carla could thoroughly discuss each topic.

I suggest that this first Q&A get posted at the top of the information for new visitors to LLR.

The first question was about finding spiritual guidance outside of the Law of One. Carla gave a great explanation that covered so many points. Philosophy vs. religion. How Law of One respects a person's religion using her as an example. That she is happy when people find Law of One useful and then move on to something else that is the next right thing for them. I love hearing her determination that this will not ever become a cult on her watch!

The other questions gave Carla opportunity to explain many principles. Very detailed discussion about how to deal with what we don't like about other people, through reaching inner harmony with that emotion or potential in ourselves. I like how Carla described this and said it's not easy!

I would be happy to use this session to introduce open-minded people to the Law of One. No special study is necessary to enjoy this hour's lessons. All someone needs to know is just two things. That channeling is contact with an alternate state of consciousness with increased spiritual awareness, and that Carla's channeled source is named Ra. If people know that much they can follow along. I feel Carla explained everything else as she went along, in a way that a first-time visitor could appreciate.

Nice choice of music too.

I'm excitedly looking forward to future episodes. I also am inspired to look at whether I can be more loving and less caught up in technicalities in my forum discussions.

By the way should our discussion of episodes go into the Q&A forum? How should this get organized?
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked the music, too! BigSmile

Those listening live got the music cut off when the live broadcast ended, but it continued playing for the archive.

We'll be tweaking a few little things but overall I think our first show went well. We'll be taking the questions in the order they were posted, interspersed with live caller questions and live chat questions. We might not always get to all the forum questions or even all the live callers, so any forum questions left over will move up in the queue for next week, and we encourage any live callers who didn't get on, to call back next week.
That's what I figured. It seems fair to get to the live questions first so there can be interaction.
(09-29-2010, 08:22 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I figured. It seems fair to get to the live questions first so there can be interaction.

Exactly. We haven't quite figured out a set system for alternating questions. It makes sense to always have a few forum questions in the queue, in case there is a lull in live caller activity. At the same time, we also want to honor those who took the time to offer their questions on the forum. So it's a balancing act! We'll see how it works out.

For now, if a question is urgent, I suggest calling in live if possible. It will also jazz up the show to have other voices participating.

I suspect a few people might not have known how to call in. We're working on making that more clear.
Might I suggest, for your consideration, shooting for a 50/50 balance at first? What I picture is about half the total of each show for live call & chat participants, with a priority for people who got a partial answer at the tail end of a previous episode (like Harmony Gardens this time). And about half the total time going through the forum queue in chronological order. Just an idea you are free to use or not as you like.
I just listened to it. Great job Monica and Carla!!! You guys sounded great! I really like the format a lot. It's way better than the chat because voices are so much more personal.

I liked the way Carla paused from time to time during her replies. It reminds me of that ying and yang thing, where the silence is as important as the words and creates a particular and balanced flow.

Carla, have you ever tried hypnotizing people before with your voice? lol.

Monica it sounds like your well on your way to becoming a proffesional radio talkshow host. When are you going to start submitting your resumes to the big radio stations?

I'll do my best to tune in real time for the next show!
Peel St., I want to thank you for providing such a passionate, detailed, heartfelt question that inspired Carla to expound on a very deep answer. Your contribution sure helped the show start with a bang. BigSmile
thank you Carla and monica and everyone who submitted questions, wonderful show, full of wisdom x
Moderators can you please change the title of this thread to include the date? Maybe there should be a standardized format for the thread responding to each episode.
(09-30-2010, 12:59 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Might I suggest, for your consideration, shooting for a 50/50 balance at first? What I picture is about half the total of each show for live call & chat participants, with a priority for people who got a partial answer at the tail end of a previous episode (like Harmony Gardens this time). And about half the total time going through the forum queue in chronological order. Just an idea you are free to use or not as you like.

Carla's answers were a bit shorter last night, or maybe I had less follow-up, but for whatever reason, we managed to get thru ALL existing questions!

So I hope you guys start posting some more questions...OR call in live!

Please see the notice of moving to Fridays primetime!

We had technical difficulties last night. I kept trying to play the intro and some other music kept playing. I have no idea where that came from! Finally it stopped. But my voice sounds awful on the archive. Hopefully we will get all that corrected in time for the next show.
(10-04-2010, 09:24 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators can you please change the title of this thread to include the date? Maybe there should be a standardized format for the thread responding to each episode.

I discussed this with the other mods and we decided to leave this single thread for discussion of the current episode, rather than starting a new thread for each episode, so the thread can evolve as time goes on. There might be overlap on topics, so a single thread will less cluttered. But thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks to peelstreetguy for being our first live caller from Bring4th!

We're now in primetime: 9:00 pm Eastern, every Friday.

For those of you who missed last night's show: Carla announced that she'll be having another surgery in Jan. So we will only be doing the show for a couple more months, and then will take a break while she recovers from her surgery.

I invite everyone to participate as much as possible, while we have the honor and privilege of chatting live with our dear Carla.
Thanks Monica, It was great talking with you and Carla.

It would be nice to hear from some other callers next week from this forum. Tongue
I was able to listen to some of the show live, and the rest later.

I really felt your heart and love, Carla, it really is wonderful to be able to share this way.
Monica thanks for your follow-up question. Very helpful information about the difference between STO and STS ways of using power. I think this is something I have known intuitively , but have not been able to get fully in my awareness. So that was very clarifying. My life and experiences make much more sense now!!

I am thinking about it as radiating my light /power to create my life in a way that serves the highest good of all including myself. The STS way of power through control would have me creating what I myself want, without regarding what is the highest good for all.

It is really starting to make sense!

Interesting that Carla mentioned that she and Don Elkins and Jim McCarty were each strong in one aspect of love, wisdom and power.

I had just thought something similar the week before, that their energy was so balanced to channel Ra because they symbolize the mind/body/spirit complex. Don being representing mind aspect, Jim representing the body aspect and Carla representing the Spirit aspect. So that would lead me to this connection,

mind->wisdom
body->power
spirit->love

This is how we want to develop our mind /body/ spirit complex ,towards more perfect and balanced expressions of wisdom power and love.

Peace and love everyone!