Bring4th

Full Version: How to find a teacher.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking in my city for where to get shamanic training, and all I can find is services. I'm not looking for a healer. I'm looking for a teacher who will TEACH me the healing arts.

How do I search? And how do I get training without money?

All I know how to do is meditate. And not for very long.

How do I learn more?
I'd pick up a skill like reading a pendulum or Tarot cards or working with crystals. Use tutorials on the web.
When the time is right your teacher will find you.

I'd listen to binaural beats for 30 mins or so at a time. It will allow you to meditate without even trying.

Unfortunately, we have to go it alone for awhile until the time is right. After I was attuned to Reiki, I was alone pretty much for 15 years
before I found my teacher, and then a shaman.

There are also Facebook groups you can join such as:

Esoteric Knowledge & Occult Science
QWAYM (Quantum World Awaken Your Mind)
Shamanic Community

You just have to put in the work.
removed
For shamanic study, the Universe will put you through an initiation, if you can handle it.
I'm told that it's experiencing the 0th dimension of pure consciousness and is quite frightening.
You end up there, and have to pull yourself out of it, or end up in a mental hospital.

I also saw on a show there are 7 levels of initiation according to one shamanic culture.

If one feels energy or sees energy, that is how their initiation will play out.

Meditate on clearing the chakras. There are YouTube videos for doing this. Opening your chakras is mentioned by Ra as well.
It is important to stay in balance. That way you don't freak out when the real crap starts happening.

I had the start of an initiation before back when I had my schizophrenia. It went back and forth between pleasant and terrifying.
It was mostly a mental affair. Nothing physical actually happened.

But just this morning a bug flew onto my leg and I instinctively slapped it away. I didn't feel in tune with it. I probably could
have reacted better. I am studying how to overcome my schizophrenia. I accept the fear it brings, but need to bring that
acceptance to my everyday world.
(09-14-2018, 01:07 AM)Agua Wrote: [ -> ]An important question would be:

Do you really wanr to become a serious "real shaman" or is it enough for you to learn some techniques and just call yourself a shaman?

TO be honest dude. I dunno. I'm not concerned with the "shaman " label. I honestly couldn't give a flying f*** what you call me.

I decided to take up the path of the new age healer because a new age healer recommended it and because I feel like it can teach me to heal myself when , say, being psychically attacked by negative entities.

I would like to know how to detect this negative energy and how to clear it. Yes, I KNOW that no techniques are going to make up for proper inner work. You all can save that crap right now, because I honestly get the feeling you're going to give me that like I don't know.

I'm NOT, I repeat NOT wanting to use healing techniques as a replacement for serious tackling of my own personal issues.

I simply want to be able to clear these things which make my issues EVEN WORSE (and in the case of psychic attack, deliberately so)

Maybe I DON'T wanna be a healer or shaman. MAybe I just want to learn enough to defend myself and transmute whatever gets thrown at me. And maybe if I get into it more, I'll start to really learn to appreciate the actual ways of a shaman. Is there really a problem with that?

You don't think I'm serious, but I am. I'm dead serious. But maybe I'm serious about the techniques and not the actual "Way" of shamanism, like you're describing. But I wouldn't DARE assert that I just "wanna learn a few techniques and CALL myself a shaman" as if that's what's important to me, is some stupid fucking label/identity. I'm wanting to learn the healing arts because I feel I NEED to.

So does anybody have any suggestions or help for me?

Because that's the best and most honest answer I can give. Make of it what you will, but please do your best to judge it FAIRLY.
(09-14-2018, 07:25 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]For shamanic study, the Universe will put you through an initiation, if you can handle it.
I'm told that it's experiencing the 0th dimension of pure consciousness and is quite frightening.
You end up there, and have to pull yourself out of it, or end up in a mental hospital.

I also saw on a show there are 7 levels of initiation according to one shamanic culture.

If one feels energy or sees energy, that is how their initiation will play out.

Meditate on clearing the chakras. There are YouTube videos for doing this. Opening your chakras is mentioned by Ra as well.
It is important to stay in balance. That way you don't freak out when the real crap starts happening.

I had the start of an initiation before back when I had my schizophrenia. It went back and forth between pleasant and terrifying.
It was mostly a mental affair. Nothing physical actually happened.

But just this morning a bug flew onto my leg and I instinctively slapped it away. I didn't feel in tune with it. I probably could
have reacted better. I am studying how to overcome my schizophrenia. I accept the fear it brings, but need to bring that
acceptance to my everyday world.

That s*** sounds pretty fuckin scary TBH. I don't think I am ready for that yet... Not in my current state.

But I have to learn SOMETHING.
TBH I just wanna help myself. But I feel it's an important aspect of whatever will help me on my path to serving others. I feel a calling as a TEACHER, not a shaman.

But I am open to appreciating the shamanic path more.

If that's not my true calling, I'm totally fine with that, but I would still like to learn enough to be able to heal myself in such cases as the one I've got now. I got an elemental goblin feeding off my crown chakra.
removed
Okay my bad Agua.

TBH I'm not sure. I felt my life path was as a teacher, which can be a healer of sorts, especially in the way I had it planned.

I don't know if the shamanic path is really for me, but a weird piece of me gets the sense that the healing required alone would be at the very least good for me and that if I have the affinity for it (which it seems I do, because my healer said I do and has taught me some things just now) then I might have a responsibility to. Still, I dunno if I'm really ready for it right now. Seems I AM somewhat on the path, just by working to heal myself.

Anyway, my healer just taught me how to locate and remove negative attachments, cords, etc. And has also taught me to quickly and rather easily balance my 7 chakras and minor chakras. Actually quite easy!

So I guess I just now got everything I need for what I was asking for...

I dunno... for some reason I get the feeling I'm not supposed to stop there though... ??

Like, you know that feeling like "Okay I got what I wanted. So why do I feel like I'm not asking enough from myself?" kinda thing...

I dunno.... I mean, whatever crazy ass "facing death" ritual I was told about sounds scary as s***! Considering what I'm dealing with now, I honestly doubt I'm ready for all that at this moment.