Bring4th

Full Version: Bad luck all at once!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what to do.. My girlfriend is recovering from surgery, at the same time our only vehicle breaks down, causing me to lose my job. Finally get all the money we really have left to fix it, turns out the whole motor is shot, and not just the part we thought we needed (starter). Why all the bad luck at once? The vaccum cleaner broke too.
Pray, contemplate, and be thankful for the good things still not broken in your life.

I hope for a good and speedy recovery for your girlfriend.  :-/
It's all just catalyst, man. How you react to it defines your being and gets you further down your spiritual journey.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Yea I am pretty optimistic. It is just crazy how it comes in waves. Thanks for the replies. Smile
“When it rains it pours”. I mean, apparently, it is true... I wish you well, my friend!
I wish you you well too DungBeetle ! Smile
I send you love DungBeetle.
Thank you all!
Just the spring being loaded for the good luck.

I once read an idea of karma that put it that most people think it works that if you do good, you get good, and if you do bad, you get bad, but in this idea it was more of an oscillation or pendulum swing. In this case they suggested that negative experiences actually happen first and the positive experiences come to balance. I've always found a fair amount of comfort in that.
(09-25-2018, 02:21 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Just the spring being loaded for the good luck.

I once read an idea of karma that put it that most people think it works that if you do good, you get good, and if you do bad, you get bad, but in this idea it was more of an oscillation or pendulum swing. In this case they suggested that negative experiences actually happen first and the positive experiences come to balance. I've always found a fair amount of comfort in that.

Interesting way of putting it. Things do seem to balance eventually. Smile