Bring4th

Full Version: Most dubious bible quote and hopefully explanations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been watching videos from various bible stories and I came across something that I felt deserves praise as the most dubious statement by Jesus or someone in the bible, I reserve this honor for the quote as it feels it is warlike from a peaceful person. So, I would like it if people could share dubious claims from the bible, and for now ignore the other religions, and share what they think was actually meant, here is the quote:

Quote:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]

Either this is a quote about the warlike spread of the faith inside the roman era or its a thought about how when people advance wars will not be families against families but more for an individual soul.
I think it's a distortion inconsistent with the rest of the STO message, and is best ignored. There are plenty of them in all texts. I personally separate the wheat from the chaff, take what is helpful, and move on.
I am no scholar of the bible and my statement may make this self evident; however, perhaps there is another meaning. As you may be aware, the bible has been edited and selectively translated so it is difficult to know exactly what is meant by many things allowed to be printed in it. In that light, I believe that in the ascension process a wife will be taken and the husband left behind; a child will be taken and the mother left behind, etc. So, could this passage mean that by using our free will a son may accept the teachings of Jesus while the father rejects them thereby turning one against the other? Perhaps, it shouldn't be read literally but more metaphorically.
Or, it has nothing to do with actual person Jesus of Nazareth, but something put into his mouth by those who actually wrote the bible centuries after him.

The man who turned himself out to his enemies wouldnt have anything to do with a sword. He didnt even escape, practicing pacifism. He turned himself over to his enemies.
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...1_0510.pdf
Quote:We have spoken with peace and yet, surely you know by now that the peace of which we speak is not the peace of your peoples, for your peoples have no true peace, but only destruction and the numbing of the senses. It is written in one of your holy works that the one known as Jesus said, “I come to bring not peace, but a sword.” And so will this peace seem in your life. As you become able to view your experiences in a conscious and loving manner, multiplying the true peace of your existence, that vision will cut through the feelings and the preferences of those about you who do not prefer true peace, but rather the illusion. If you seek peace, know this: it is truly worth that which is paid for, and yet it may sometime seem like loss. Rest, then in your meditation, in the true peace of love, and as you find your understanding causing you to act in such a way as to cause those about you to observe a difference in your actions, understand that those who radiate love may also be counted as fools. 

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._1017.aspx
Quote:There is such a confusion among your peoples, such a terrible, noisy confusion, in which you speak incessantly of right and wrong, in which your peoples judge and accept judgments and spend endless, endless time in discussion. Yet harmony will never come on that level; right and wrong will never be discovered on that level. From the smallest relationship to the greatest of your nations’ relationships, brotherhood can never be achieved by reason, but only, as you would call it, by prayer and meditation.

People are not alike, yet love has created them all. And the Creator within them is lovable, is love itself, and can speak to you of love in the face of the most inharmonious aspect on the outer plane. The spiritual path is not an easy one. You have known this, my friends, for some time. And when we say to you that our message is simple, we do not for a moment think that it is a simple thing to put into action. It has been written in your holy works that the master who teaches the consciousness of Christ brought not peace, but a sword. And this is the sword we ask you to accept in your lives, the sword of not judging, the sword of even willing to be foolish in another’s eyes. For when one does not judge, when one is willing to trust to the Creator, those around that person may think of him as foolish. Moreover, there is a great satisfaction on the love of a personality in, shall we say, vengeance or getting even. But what you are doing, my friends, when you answer those who judge you with an answering judgment, is collecting your karma, as you would call it, there on the spot. Yet your karma to them has not been collected, and you will answer for that karma. Far better that you allow the karma that has come to you to die, as you forgive, and in that forgiveness, the karma that is reflected from you is satisfied.

From what I gather but am not 100% sure... this seems to be not accepting the normal way of doing things with the people around you which the confederation points out is expected on this planet and instead taking some sort of higher perspective, higher road and thus being seen as foolish by those around you.. making you be in conflict with them in a way. 
(09-25-2018, 07:06 PM)Cyclops Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...1_0510.pdf
Quote:We have spoken with peace and yet, surely you know by now that the peace of which we speak is not the peace of your peoples, for your peoples have no true peace, but only destruction and the numbing of the senses. It is written in one of your holy works that the one known as Jesus said, “I come to bring not peace, but a sword.” And so will this peace seem in your life. As you become able to view your experiences in a conscious and loving manner, multiplying the true peace of your existence, that vision will cut through the feelings and the preferences of those about you who do not prefer true peace, but rather the illusion. If you seek peace, know this: it is truly worth that which is paid for, and yet it may sometime seem like loss. Rest, then in your meditation, in the true peace of love, and as you find your understanding causing you to act in such a way as to cause those about you to observe a difference in your actions, understand that those who radiate love may also be counted as fools. 
Quote:There is such a confusion among your peoples, such a terrible, noisy confusion, in which you speak incessantly of right and wrong, in which your peoples judge and accept judgments and spend endless, endless time in discussion. Yet harmony will never come on that level; right and wrong will never be discovered on that level. From the smallest relationship to the greatest of your nations’ relationships, brotherhood can never be achieved by reason, but only, as you would call it, by prayer and meditation.

People are not alike, yet love has created them all. And the Creator within them is lovable, is love itself, and can speak to you of love in the face of the most inharmonious aspect on the outer plane. The spiritual path is not an easy one. You have known this, my friends, for some time. And when we say to you that our message is simple, we do not for a moment think that it is a simple thing to put into action. It has been written in your holy works that the master who teaches the consciousness of Christ brought not peace, but a sword. And this is the sword we ask you to accept in your lives, the sword of not judging, the sword of even willing to be foolish in another’s eyes. For when one does not judge, when one is willing to trust to the Creator, those around that person may think of him as foolish. Moreover, there is a great satisfaction on the love of a personality in, shall we say, vengeance or getting even. But what you are doing, my friends, when you answer those who judge you with an answering judgment, is collecting your karma, as you would call it, there on the spot. Yet your karma to them has not been collected, and you will answer for that karma. Far better that you allow the karma that has come to you to die, as you forgive, and in that forgiveness, the karma that is reflected from you is satisfied.

From what I gather but am not 100% sure... this seems to be not accepting the normal way of doing things with the people around you which the confederation points out is expected on this planet and instead taking some sort of higher perspective, higher road and thus being seen as foolish by those around you.. making you be in conflict with them in a way. 

Thank you for posting this.
Myself I am teetering on a behaviour of mine and this passage gave me perspective my higher self has been trying to make me trust and stay open. It’s nice to see it in black and white exactly when I needed it.
As with everything Jesus said, he spoke through a veil. His words are not literal. The sword he speaks of is the sword of intellect, discernment.

Understood in relation to the Tree of Life, this is the warrior-King aspect of Geburah (Strength/Severity (which is above Hod, the sphere of the intellect, on the Tree), which is in balance with the merciful qualities of Chesed, the beneficent priest-King. These two Sephiroth find their equilibrium in Tiphareth, which is the sphere of the Sun who is also the Son. This is the sphere of the Christ, the sacrificed god, the King, the Divine child.

There is no doubt deception in the Bible. Christ’s words have been altered in some places and some of his teachings even removed.

So let us try to decipher this passage... who are we around with in the incarnation? Our families. This was especially true in the times of Jesus. The family are the people who we interact with most often. It is with them that we will find enemies in when we choose a new way. Again, think in context of the times. Jesus and his teachings were rejected by many of the Jews. If Jesus is an enemy, then his followers were also an enemy. No doubt this was a source of contention amongst families. Christ came here to teach the ways of love. The Old Testament code of ethics was barren of love and compassion. It had become dogmatic heartless following at that point. Many were not going to give up their views. The sword of discernment cuts through illusion and falsity and people often take that as an evil.

The warrior and the priest are both essential archetypes in the Divine Mind, and they find equilibrium in Tiphareth (who in this case is Jesus Christ). Otherwise either Geburah or Chesed become out of balance and evil. Geburah- cruelty and destruction, Chesed- cowardice, avarice, bigotry, tyranny.

Anyway, that is how I interpret the passage. Hope it helps!
Let me explain Bible with Bible:

Quote:If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
(Jn 15:18-20)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
(Mt 5:9-11)
I appreciate the quotes and the discussion but I would like to stress I am asking for two things, discussion on the quotes given and thoughts on their meaning, as well as dubious quotes themselves.

This is because of many reasons, mostly as a sign of solidarity to other cultures to show that we know the dubious parts of my own.

That being said, here is one more dubious quote:

http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php?scri...6000100002

Quote:"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" (Exod 22:18)

I am not seeking to attack the bible or christians, I am seeking to show the light of reason from our internal debate so other cultures do not feel we whitewash our own, in the spirit of the lively debate on Islam, Thank You.
https://www.facebook.com/ilmtechno/video...921012710/ here is a video one of my friends shared with me which conveys well the feeling I am seeking to impress.
(09-27-2018, 11:35 AM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the quotes and the discussion but I would like to stress I am asking for two things, discussion on the quotes given and thoughts on their meaning, as well as dubious quotes themselves.

This is because of many reasons, mostly as a sign of solidarity to other cultures to show that we know the dubious parts of my own.

I am not seeking to attack the bible or christians, I am seeking to show the light of reason from our internal debate so other cultures do not feel we whitewash our own, in the spirit of the lively debate on Islam, Thank You.

Now that is easy.  There is a lot of STS in the Old Testament; Yahweh is essentially depicted as a pure STS entity who orders multiple genocides and punishes the Israelites for being insufficiently thorough in carrying them out.  The OT (for the most part) is completely at odds with the STO tone of the NT - so much so that they, as far as I'm concerned, have no business being in one book.

If you disagree, go ahead and actually read through the OT and then come back and we can chat about it. Stuff in there is horrifying.
(09-25-2018, 07:06 PM)Cyclops Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...1_0510.pdf

This bolded part right here brought up a memory of something CA once said happened in 2014.  One day sitting out in the living room, he's just sitting there in peace not even watching tv, probably just thinking about stuff knowing him, and his mom walks down stairs, goes to the back door, lights a cigarette then starts yelling at him like he's done something wrong.  He said he looked at her without any judgment and told her she was just looking for something to blame, then went back to sitting quietly to himself.  He said the look on her face was one he never saw before, he says it looked kimd of like someone gasping but mostly stunned.

If that weren't an example of the first posts bible passage coming to life, I don't know what is.

"but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household"
(09-27-2018, 12:06 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2018, 11:35 AM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the quotes and the discussion but I would like to stress I am asking for two things, discussion on the quotes given and thoughts on their meaning, as well as dubious quotes themselves.

Now that is easy.  There is a lot of STS in the Old Testament; Yahweh is essentially depicted as a pure STS entity who orders multiple genocides and punishes the Israelites for being insufficiently thorough in carrying them out.  The OT (for the most part) is completely at odds with the STO tone of the NT - so much so that they, as far as I'm concerned, have no business being in one book.

If you disagree, go ahead and actually read through the OT and then come back and we can chat about it.  Stuff in there is horrifying.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0121.aspx
Quote:Group question: Our question this week concerns the affiliation between the Yahweh entities and the Mars population that rendered their planet unliveable. Yahweh became like a shepherd or god and this seemed to open the door for negative balancing opportunities. A negative entity from Orion claimed to be the original Yahweh and made a covenant with them so if they obeyed his laws their enemies would be laid low by Yahweh and they would prosper. We are wondering if this covenant made with the Jewish race and perhaps the Arabs too was why Jesus made a new covenant focusing on love rather than the eye-for-an-eye nature of the old covenant, and we are wondering what Q'uo might have to say about that subject.

(Carla channeling)

We are those of Q'uo. We greet you in the love and in the light of the one infinite Creator. We thank you for calling us to your circle for this working, and we bless and greet each who sits within your circle. There is a heavenly light that shines from groups such as yours, not only because of the people that are there in person but also because of those who link up with these meditations. Each center which gathers for the purpose of seeking the truth and finding light and love is a kind of lamp that turns the darkness into dawn. This is a service that you perform for your peoples as well as for yourselves, and certainly this is a service for us, for it allows us to use instruments such as this one in order to communicate with you concerning principles that we hold dear and opinions which we have to share. As always, we ask that you take nothing from this meeting that is not truly your own, recognized, remembered, and fitting with those things which you seek at this time.

We are aware of the many questions that those at this meeting do have, and as you have requested information on that entity that you •call Yahweh we shall attempt to speak along these lines to your satisfaction. When we finish that which we have to say there shall be time for more detailed follow-up questions.

Your question concerns history, the history: of your people. And yet this history is also a mythology and the one function is as important as the other. Because of these historical and mythological coincidences of meaning and value it takes a careful and subtle intelligence to find ones true and clarified way through the many bylanes of cultural detail and distortion. We say this because your query concerns that which your peoples see as a god or the God. Within another mythological system - that being the extraterrestrial model - this entity is a Guardian. The god-like qualities of each entity are precisely those of the entity, Yahweh. The qualities of Creator within all beings is the same. When the intelligence of consciousness attempts to grasp that which lies beyond rational, physical, Euclidian model of space/time, facts become ladders and thoughts become structures, structures of logic upon which the entities which dwell in the darkness of flesh attempt to use those imprecise items you call words to express the relationship between the self and the Creator.

All of those within the Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator are those who are people of this mythology and people of this history. Yet time and space are not as they are in space/time when one attempts to delve beneath the surface of the story of the race of humanity upon Earth. Thusly, while we are real, we are also metaphysical as opposed to physical, just as your thoughts have no flesh but are as they are. So are we within your space/time continuum.

That which the entity Jehovih, or Yahweh, did among your peoples was within history and yet also of the quality of the thought that has no place within history. We say this in order to deflect the intellectual desire of the seeker of truth from aiming directly into this matter as those it were logical or linear. That which has to do with the relationship of consciousness in the personal sense, with consciousness in the creative sense, or the sense of being the Creator will always fly before any gust of wind that attempts to chase it. And the more words that are thrown at it, the faster it will flee.

So at the very beginning of anything that we say at this time, we ask that you understand that we are using analogy, and we are mixing mythology and historicity because that is the way the creation is melded within your illusion.

The entity, Yahweh, as the one known as Jim surmised within his question, was indeed one who had the plan of enabling those who wished to transfer to your planet with that move. The concept seemed to them fairly direct; that is, to improve the intelligence and the curiosity, and the physical and emotional strength of the type of physical vehicle which had been the native physical vehicle for those within the Martian sphere. And as was surmised this entity discovered, to its discomfiture, that it had caused great distortion, worse distortion, shall we say, than the distortions would have been without the aid.

This kind of situation occurs at all levels of consciousness. The mistake is made. There it is. One cannot go back. One simply learns and moves forward. However, this people indeed did crave and wish for a continuing source of, shall we say, God-given help. Its expectations were very high because there had been interaction betwixt a god-like being and humans. The remarkable nature of this history speaks for itself.

The entity which succeeded the first Yahweh, calling itself by the same name and using the same frequency of light to express, simply continued to offer aid and comfort when it wished but with the ever increasing distortions towards belligerency and aggressiveness that is the hallmark of a negatively oriented being or culture. The echoes of this action, which was transmitted long ago, redounds even now and shall continue to echo and re-echo as long as there are those within third density, within this sphere, who wish to claim power and who seek a god of power.

Quote:K: I understand you to say that there were two Yahwehs? The original who brought the entities from Mars to Earth and then a second entity using his vibration?

I am Q'uo and am aware of your query, my brother. This is correct with the second entity being of a negative orientation and. utilizing the name of the first as a means of gaining control of the entities to whom the first Yahweh had spoken. Is there a further query, my brother?