Bring4th

Full Version: Is Karma a Catch-22?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand that unconditional love should be pure, without motive.

If someone is providing a lot of catalyst to us, and we love them because we do not want to repeat this in another life,
does karma know about that? Like you can't trick karma.

If you are loving because you don't want to repeat it, then you will have to repeat it anyway.
Is that how karma works?
Well, I guess I would wonder if it's a matter that you are doing the actions without the feeling, in which place I would call it service but not necessarily loving. If you mean by love that you accept the catalyst without question, I'm not sure I would call that loving either.

I would ask first and foremost, why wait until the next life to break the cycle? Catalyst is meant to be a trigger for change. That's what the word catalyst means is that it is a thing which precipitates or leads to the formulation of new events. If catalyst isn't being 'used' then the events don't change and the life cycles in its patterns which we might call karma. Some schools of belief thing karma only works from one life to the next, but not other schools, so it's a little up to you what you believe.

Have you ever heard the idea that insanity means doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? I think the confusion we experience in life is a sort of insanity by which we repeat cyclic actions and events until we are able to make a choice to take a different path.
I just get caught up in the moment when someone is rude to me, and I respond in much the same way.
It is only seconds or minutes later I realize, and then I send them love.

I do actually feel the love.

I am learning more to do so. I just didn't know if that by loving moments later if it can make up for the moment of hate/anger that I had.
Well I would say that that would be using the catalyst. You don't have to use catalyst immediately, there's no rule as to how quickly it needs to be processed. Although, life does seem to have a way of trying to move things along. You can only run from your experiences for so long.

In your case, I wouldn't worry about it, since it seems you are in the habit of processing once you realize the experience.

I, personally, don't think too heavily on the idea of catalyst nowadays. I see life more as like a musical flow. There are many ways to describe the nature of life.
(09-26-2018, 03:47 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that unconditional love should be pure, without motive.

If someone is providing a lot of catalyst to us, and we love them because we do not want to repeat this in another life,

If you are loving because you don't want to repeat it, then you will have to repeat it anyway.
Is that how karma works?

Its more about how your mind is configured. You can't will yourself to love. If you are doing things for deceptive reasons, then you probably never had the degree of love necessary to end the cycle. If you started on the path because you wanted to end the cycle and managed to get yourself to the degree of love necessary to end the cycle, then you probably don't feel the way you use to and your intentions are purer.

Karma is a separate topic. Karma is about the energy currently in motion. This energy can be dissipated through love and forgiveness.
I think karma is a teacher more than anything.  A catch22 to my understanding is that both choices lead to the same result.  Save the girl and lose her, or just lose her.

Karma to me is CA calling his mom a C word to himself everyday, and then one customer at his job ends up calling him a prick.

But the teach moment here is that it hurt him to be called that, just like it would hurt if he said that to her face.

Yes it hurt him, but he is discovering that some hurt is healthy.  It teaches us how to be emphatic.

However karma in my experience is gentle (versus the catalyst that spawns it Sometimes) and it never causes unhealthy hurting on purpose, only the healthy kind.  I trying believe that from experience.
(09-26-2018, 03:47 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that unconditional love should be pure, without motive.

Is that how karma works?

There still seams to be lots of confusion in your mind. The Creator IS NOT like the caregiver from your childhood that you had the most traumatizing relationship with.

The Creator = LOVE

So, karma is nothing to be afraid of. If an entity has to repeat an incarnation cycle, that, too, is 100% love.

Besides YOU ARE THE CREATOR.

Karma exists only in the illusion of time. But the real you is timeless