Bring4th

Full Version: How does one connect with their higher self?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I realize that my higher self is me.
But when I try to connect to it, I feel blocked.

I'm not sure if I should try invoking the magical personality,
or what the purpose of connecting to the higher self is.

What methods do others here use when connecting?
And what do you get out of it?
The magical personality is basically creating a refined or higher vibratory aspect of the self which then glimpses at time and space from a place beyond individuated consciousness, creating for all.

The Higher Self is the lower self organizing the life experience in 3rd density so that one's life can be organized, understood, and appreciated.

So if you started journaling, recording dreams, or translating one's life into the physical, you would likely begin to have a strong connection to your higher self. (anything positive you can do to impact yourself, like cleaning, re-arranging, organizing etc.)

I think that during the first cycle, people's higher selves were literally directly connected to them, in this cycle our higher-selves organize and guide the impacts that we have on others, as opposed to serving us directly, they serve other selves unconditionally.

Sounds crazy, but I think that's one fundamental aspect of the veiling in this cycle.
removed
(09-30-2018, 01:51 AM)Agua Wrote: [ -> ]For me it was not so much one method but rather a process that took quite some time.
At the beginning it was barely sensible, leaving much room for interpretation and doubt, now the guidance is very clear and leaves no room for doubt!

I will describe shortly the "ingrediences" that brought me there:

- deciding for the connection and allowing the connection
- developing the ability to enter stillness at will
- taking responsibility for every inmer and outer aspect of my life (thats an ongoing process)
- stopping to look for guidamce outside, like pendulum, divination, tarot, teachers etc., that was a MAJOR ingredient!
- putting no other guidance above my own inner guidamce, that imcludes Ra
- following my inner guidance, not just receiving it
- inner work to get to know my deeper self and clearing blockages
- yoga exercices and a certain breathing technique
- a special mantra for that purpose

Those were in short the "methods" i used. It was a long process that unfolded ober time, but it was definetely worth the effort!

My experience and path has been almost identical, excerpt for the last 2 points.

It starts with the choice and trust into the guidance of the higher self, and, with time, gets easy and natural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5IF7x-ziA&t=705s
(09-30-2018, 01:51 AM)Agua Wrote: [ -> ]I found that my inner guidance doesnt communicate on a cognitive level, so it has been crucial to leave the plane of words and thought behind so i dont block out real guidance with what has been filtered through my intellect and ego!

Would you say that it is just a knowing? Like an ephiphany, when I finally get something, it is the higher self coming through?

That's not usually in words, but it does describe a certain concept of things.

But an ephiphany is a thought, so I'm not sure if that counts.
removed
Can you be completely grounded during a high-energy state of the higher self?
I notice it's important for me to spend time in nature grounding.

I will look for feelings and emote.
Aren't we literally always connected to the higher self, but it's that the higher self's attention isn't always on our specific incarnation?
(09-30-2018, 04:59 AM)One of Love Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't we literally always connected to the higher self, but it's that the higher self's attention isn't always on our specific incarnation?

I think in moments of awe and inspiration and wonder is when we become aware of the higher self.
It's always there. Our default state is to be happy. We just let things such as suffering get in the way of that.

But the default state of the human is bliss. Or so I've heard.
removed
(09-30-2018, 05:01 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2018, 04:59 AM)One of Love Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't we literally always connected to the higher self, but it's that the higher self's attention isn't always on our specific incarnation?

I think in moments of awe and inspiration and wonder is when we become aware of the higher self.
It's always there. Our default state is to be happy. We just let things such as suffering get in the way of that.

But the default state of the human is bliss. Or so I've heard.

These all seem to be intense emotional states (awe, bliss, happiness) which are fleeting and not sustainable during an incarnation.

Living from the higher/true self feels like peaceful emptiness to me, which is always there no matter the sensations, feelings, thoughts etc.
removed
Huh.
I might take it too literally.  See I don't know the difference.  I in my personal identity ever since being taught the Law of One am comfortable identifying as belonging to the true lord.  They call it the one infinite creator, I just call it the one true love.  In my eyes, I am the creator manifest as a human goddess veiled as a mortal.  CA sees separation in the ego but my ego likes to blend with this goddess.  In fact my ego doesn't like to be separated as a personality shell that can be deactivated (as CA seems to see things), rather my ego feels like the newly hatched bird, seeing life with new eyes sometimes.  Occasionally having to make a leap of faith to truly spread my wings.  Sometimes I fly, sometimes I fall.

My higher self, I've never felt such an influence in my life, for that reason I am confused by the mechanics, CA is very technical when describing the higher self and things like simultaneity to describe the ways the higher self works.  To make sense in my brain the higher self, I pretty much stuck with the passage from the Law of One describing the higher self as the self's future unified soulstream self that designs catalyst to be met but doesn't have it's full attention everywhere at once, focusing itself on incarnations.  How it chooses that focus or is focused or why or the mechanics to how all allude my understanding.

The highest self (oversoul higher self) is totally alien information to me.  The higher self is similar in that way to me.  I struggle to make sense of this idea that we are but are not the creator.  To me I think it's a perceptual choice.  To choose to see we are the creator, or not.  Like is a rock the creator?  Human logic says no, a rock is a rock.  Yet that rock belongs to the creator as a part of the creator, it is the creator.  What is it a rock or creator?  Why not both? It is a rock and it is the creator.  It's just the creator manifest as a rock.

Despite that I do notice the higher self can be invoked, I just didn't understand any of that.  Magical personality?  Is it like a physical body belonging to a different chakra?  It gets all nuanced in ways I can't approach.  CA has told me I shouldn't attempt to do that nuanced understanding stuff because it can easily hurt me.
removed
I have been learning this myself...

But im alreadyngettingnsore from typing with my thumbs and have some correspondence to do between Agua and Bring4th_Plenum, so I'll give my 2 cents on this later, word is bond Indigo.
If your remark is in regard to taking his advice on not dabbling with the nuances, I will have to humbly say that I trust his experience in keeping me safe from these types of things I've no clue about and feel more comfortable falling on his opinions informed by caring so much he tried to kill his self over opinions telling me to trust my complete lack of understanding.

I trust that lack of understanding in his arms, I haven't been wrought with any problems with this material the way he has.  I trust his teachings are as much for my protection as my benefit, he knows what hurt him, he has made it abundantly clear that in the name of service to another, he hastaught me to the best of his ability his understanding of these concepts and has warned me again and again that they can be easily manipulated by others if I let them convince me.  I am otherwise unconvinced that I am separated from creator.  From the real experiences I've had over the understandings.  When I say I make a leap of faith as the newborn bird, I mean I trust that I'm in the lord's hands.

Oh I think an example would help you but I'm struggling to explain just how...  It's like my eyes have glitter in them.  I see love hidden in plain sight everywhere.  It melts my anxiety, I can walk into a place I've never been without having to Google and research it.  I can go see a movie without waiting for the reviews.  I can call my father and know despite our past he's my father and without him I wouldn't be here.  I haven't had an anxiety attack since Joey revealed to me these things.

I've found some tranquility in my life, I forgave myself for hurting myself.  I saw in myself something I always felt.

My understandings needn't be the true understanding, I personally think we all take away unique views from this material having now seen so many interpretations of it.

My inner voice tells me my understanding of the higher self presently is of no consequence, it doesn't hurt me or help me (I mean it does accordingly, I just don't notice it).  But CA did say noticing the higher self's work is like noticing small miracles in every coincidence.  I notice small miracles but not to the degree he does.  He sees a street lamp going off as he drives by it a small miracle.  I see it as a faulty light sensor lol, but he swears the timing always informs him.

If his understandings are flawed, well how do you know his are? He seems to already be aware of that otherwise he'd be telling me about how separate we are from creator and HIS beliefs.  He has been an angel about making sure I'm safe mentally in learning these things.  That I don't follow his path through hell, or come to believe my humanity is 'learning fodder' for souls.  He believes those things yet when he's teaching me, he doesn't describe soul's designing life plans as monsters, but blissful beings looking to discovery themselves better.  He doesn't say that I should believe in a personality shell, but tells me that the idea of it is this, and that it's purpose is this, it does that for this and that reason.

It's only recently after his suicide attempt that he opened up to me about his flawed beliefs.  About hell and the extent of his hell, about his issues with catalyst and polarity.

In many ways to him the one true love is still selfish, that bothers him yet not me,because he taught me otherwise, that the one true love is infinity, everything.  That it's a lover and abuser, selfless and selfish, that it has no right or wrong because to it, it just is.  He pointed out your clue, that it's identity is a paradox (and I'm pretty bad at those) in that it searches for it's identity through itself...or something like that.  I didn't understand it.  Searching for an identity.

CA did say once that the true identity of the one is the original thought and that the whole point of creation is to further define and work in discovering that identity within that original thought.  That rounded well when I read Ra say that the point of creation basically revolves around that original thought which was likened to unconditinal love in our language.

How can he explain that to me in such a neutral way?  I don't know, he fascinates me, and all of his warnings here I hold close because I've seen that he can see a lot more than me in this material.

I'm just a humble student, I trust my teacher.  Even tesla was said to be a womanizer yet for his wrongs he gave us so much and left with nothing.  Even Ra makes mistakes.

Who can be believed over who?

The first thing he ever said to do was question everything I feel isn't right.  I never felt anything he taught was wrong, not like when he described what was wrong to me.  I never saw catalyst like he did, I saw it as a tool to polarize with, like he taught me.  I never saw polarity as multifaceted, just left and right like he taught me.  He didn't share his views, he taught me the Law of One and spared me those views.  I can't fathom how I'd come to view catalyst and polarity as he did in a way that'd put me in hell.  I see them as tools to speed up evolution.

I mean okay I even pointed out to him the idea behind Son Goku from dragon ball.  How in the 3D realm of dragon ball you have this mortal who's become as strong as gods.  3D is designed to produce exponential growth just like that for souls.  How goku had to save the world because of his mere presence attracting bad guys from across the galaxy.  How he had to die and be reborn several times to achieve his peak state.

He saw it as Goku and friend's suffering needlessly when they just want to have a good life yet commended me on seeing the Law of One in the show.

It's obvious his teachings paint me, but it isn't so obvious he also protected me in those teachings.  For all I know it's because of his views he can teach the Law of One to me in a way that doesn't hurt me.  Still, I accept the suggestion to lean on my inner voice over all.  It was that voice that brought me to him.

I don't understand a lot of what I shared, I have his teachings to inform me but I don't know what's what about higher selves and the true one, I just have faith that the one lord brought me into his life for a reason, and him into mine.  I have faith.  That's all I have here.  Knowledge is just beliefs.  True faith is beyond logic and reason.  Who's directing that faith, higher self? Me?  Creator? What's the difference??

I like where my guidance has led me.  I trust my guidance.  It led me to another guide who has taught me so much more than I could ever hope to say.

Maybe I have found enlightenment in my own small way, or maybe you're right and that small way is much bigger and I'm just relying too heavily on my trust in him.

I don't know, but I won't question it right now.  It's lead me right where Ineeded to be to help someone I love.  For me right now, that is good enough and I thank god for that every day.  To question it now would be to question my guidance, to question him when he's given me no reason to.  I don't want to question that faith.

Huh! In fact that just gave me an answer I was looking for.  Maybe it's because he questioned his own faith that it all got so messed up for him.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Just "stumbled upon" this recording of Alan Watts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RFZQjLMV6Y
a mirror