Bring4th

Full Version: parotid gland pain only when washing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends,

I am hoping someone may shed some light on this. Giving too much background information will probably bias any opinion you may have and will make you develop a different one to what you would be able to suggest otherwise. However it may also help so here goes.

I never used to help out with the trivial chore of washing up the dishes as a child, which I came to think of as disgusting as a result, as in touching food that may have fallen back on the plate from someone's mouth and cutlery covered in other people's saliva. Then in my mid-teens I was a guest once at a house I used to live in years before and I felt it would be appropriate to help out tidying up after meal so I just started doing the dishes. After that I would help out with this particular chore in my family, even in my then-to-be wife's family.

I still do with my present family, occasionally, once or twice a month, but whenever I do my parotid glands start aching about 5-10 minutes into it. By that time I normally only have about 5 minutes' washing left to do but sometimes the pain is so bad I stop and lay down. Obviously there is nothing about washing dishes that would physically cause this so obviously there is metaphysical stuff going on, just like there is nothing about lying down that would help make it go away faster other than me believing it helps probably, but it seems to work just as it works with an itchy nose, which will not go away for many hours, but which will go away any time after 5-10 minutes of lying down and clearing my mind (and covering my eyes with a piece of cloth as I do every night to sleep). So it's a ritual kind of thing I guess that I somehow believe in, I know it's weird.

However the parotid gland thing cannot be triggered by anything else I ever do, the only other way for me to experience the same symptoms is to close my mouth, hold my nose closed, and start trying to push air out of my lungs real hard until the pressure is so high that air wants to escape through my tear ducts. Oh, and of course changes in atmospheric pressure can cause a mild version of this same thing, like flying in an airplane during take-off or landing, whichever one not sure, or very rarely medium-strength symptoms during a weather front, again not sure high following low or the other way around, I never really paid attention. Yes maybe I should, but like I said it's rare and only medium strength.

How, then, can washing dishes cause strong symptoms of this when there is no physical pressure difference between inside and outside? Maybe from all I said the answer might seem elementary to some, I was never any good figuring out meanings and implications of stuff, even though I try to think of reasons all the time. I suppose being a philosopher mind I end up considering everything as a possible reason since nothing is impossible so I get stuck that way.

Without making this any longer I would like to invite suggestions. Why only washing-up and nothing else? Why the parotid gland and not something else? What's the meaning and the significance of the phenomenon and its persistence through years? Many thanks.
How do you feel, and what is your thoughts like and centered around while doing the dishes?

How do you feel when just thinking about doing the dishes?

Do you do any other cleaning? Any adversion to these other types of cleaning if so?

Go back as far as you can and see if you can find a memory that may be associated with this.
(10-25-2018, 02:12 AM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel, and what is your thoughts like and centered around while doing the dishes?

Do you do any other cleaning? Any adversion to these other types of cleaning if so?

Go back as far as you can and see if you can find a memory that may be associated with this.

No negative feelings, just something that needs doing, same as I would be doing it for myself if I were alone. While I'm doing it I think about doing it properly and conscientiously. Maybe I concentrate too much?

I do not think about doing dishes when I'm not doing dishes. Could be an idea to visualise doing it for 10 minutes, but I'm guessing I would still be aware that it's just a visualisation so I don't think it would do anything for me.

I do the hoovering in the house, sometimes once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes fortnightly, according to need. I have the same concentration on doing it properly and conscientiously exactly as with washing up but I never get any physical symptoms in spite of (I assume) more dust in the air. I do have a mindset of trying to finish as quick as possible in both cases but not at the expense of a job done perfectly. They are not things I enjoy but just do because I see them as things that need doing but would rather do something else, so both kind of like a mental burden, but also I do appreciate doing something with immediate visible results that makes a difference, so a dual mental attitude there. But the point is that washing up causes something that nothing else does, not hoovering, not gardening, not making crepes, not anything else.

Memorywise I believe I have shared here all that I could remember and find relevant. I do not believe I ever had the symptoms in the old days, probably only after marriage, between about 5 and 10 years ago, but then I do not recall doing it a lot before, my mum used to do it before.

One thing to mention is that I am tall, over 6 feet, and kitchen sinks are low and I have always found doing dishes giving me back pain but then vacuum cleaners also have handle so that's awkward too for me. Gardening involves a lot of bending too.

Another thing that comes to mind is that washing up, as opposed to hoovering and gardening, is a chore done while being stationary, standing still in one place, which I do not tolerate well physically. If I am given the "job" of standing in one place without much movement I will develop pain in my stomach after 15-20 minutes and will get dizzy after about 30. No symptoms if I can walk, in fact I can walk 5-10 miles with easy, possibly much more, without the need for eating, drinking or toilet, even in high heat on very hot summer days. And I do sit down when making crepes and read while they're frying, no way I could stand there for an hour or just stare at the wall. I always feel like I need to be doing something otherwise time's a'wasting. Sitting in the sun or relaxing in bed count as something as they're things that "achieve" something.

And as for the nose itches I mentioned in my first post, I get INSANE nose itches when having heated arguments when there is a clash of opinions, where I am confronted by someone who, when given a logical argument, will not accept it and I am forced to find all sorts of analogies to help them see and I get frustrated and annoyed. I never tried seeing if it would go away after a while after walking away from an argument, the itch is too unbearable on the tip of my nose, no amount of itching or rubbing against the carpet helps, only lying down and closing my eyes.

I am not sure how relevant these last three things might be, but those would be my answers to your questions and anything else I considered even remotely relevant. Thanks for trying to help me understand.
(10-25-2018, 09:17 AM)Rolci Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 02:12 AM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel, and what is your thoughts like and centered around while doing the dishes?

No negative feelings, just something that needs doing, same as I would be doing it for myself if I were alone. While I'm doing it I think about doing it properly and conscientiously. Maybe I concentrate too much?

I do not think about doing dishes when I'm not doing dishes. Could be an idea to visualise doing it for 10 minutes, but I'm guessing I would still be aware that it's just a visualisation so I don't think it would do anything for me.

I do the hoovering in the house, sometimes once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes fortnightly, according to need. I have the same concentration on doing it properly and conscientiously exactly as with washing up but I never get any physical symptoms in spite of (I assume) more dust in the air. I do have a mindset of trying to finish as quick as possible in both cases but not at the expense of a job done perfectly. They are not things I enjoy but just do because I see them as things that need doing but would rather do something else, so both kind of like a mental burden, but also I do appreciate doing something with immediate visible results that makes a difference, so a dual mental attitude there. But the point is that washing up causes something that nothing else does, not hoovering, not gardening, not making crepes, not anything else.

Memorywise I believe I have shared here all that I could remember and find relevant. I do not believe I ever had the symptoms in the old days, probably only after marriage, between about 5 and 10 years ago, but then I do not recall doing it a lot before, my mum used to do it before.

One thing to mention is that I am tall, over 6 feet, and kitchen sinks are low and I have always found doing dishes giving me back pain but then vacuum cleaners also have handle so that's awkward too for me. Gardening involves a lot of bending too.

Another thing that comes to mind is that washing up, as opposed to hoovering and gardening, is a chore done while being stationary, standing still in one place, which I do not tolerate well physically. If I am given the "job" of standing in one place without much movement I will develop pain in my stomach after 15-20 minutes and will get dizzy after about 30. No symptoms if I can walk, in fact I can walk 5-10 miles with easy, possibly much more, without the need for eating, drinking or toilet, even in high heat on very hot summer days. And I do sit down when making crepes and read while they're frying, no way I could stand there for an hour or just stare at the wall. I always feel like I need to be doing something otherwise time's a'wasting. Sitting in the sun or relaxing in bed count as something as they're things that "achieve" something.

And as for the nose itches I mentioned in my first post, I get INSANE nose itches when having heated arguments when there is a clash of opinions, where I am confronted by someone who, when given a logical argument, will not accept it and I am forced to find all sorts of analogies to help them see and I get frustrated and annoyed. I never tried seeing if it would go away after a while after walking away from an argument, the itch is too unbearable on the tip of my nose, no amount of itching or rubbing against the carpet helps, only lying down and closing my eyes.

I am not sure how relevant these last three things might be, but those would be my answers to your questions and anything else I considered even remotely relevant. Thanks for trying to help me understand.

I basically believe this is something you have planned into the incarnation. Or the higher self is calling attention to something, only you could know. Practically speaking either variable is the same effect: basically a signpost, or calling of focus/awareness/attention onto something. Most likely related to a distortion or what we think of as lessons of love.

Honestly the most powerful way to work on distortions, is in the moment. When you don't see it coming, and all the sudden your in the midst of it. These deep distortions, from this vector, is most difficult, but yields the greatest potential.

Spiritual warriors, are those souls that go head in to the distortions. These distortions I speak of are those deep down emotional and mental configurations that when not worked with effeciently, usually lead to great physical pain, and or mental illnesses, and imbalances. When one begins to work with there energies in a more articulated way, and that one begins to take up the task to become undistorted. That one must be ready to go to the inner most sanctum, where that turmoil and pain resides. Time after time, and a lot of times it will seem kicking and screaming. One has to be ready to see the true inner self, and begin to do the inner work. Which no one can define, or define for you.

When One realises all is One. Then what is Unity?
(10-25-2018, 09:17 AM)Rolci Wrote: [ -> ]

I realize this is late and may not be important any more but I think in this post it may have shon light on your issue.
Not being able to peacefully except and other fully. Be it their germs on the fork or food(now only a subconscious nonacceptance) or their unwillingness to accept your truth in a conflict of opinion.

Both are as the thorn in your side which causes you to not see a unity/acceptance whether it be physical germs, or mental constructs.
That is just what stuck out to me, so take it or leave it but perhaps trying to make this conflict more conscious will release some physical manifestation symptoms if it is the root of the issue.

I hope you are well
I was thinking exactly along the same lines of Glow. A shortcut to my answer is that an aversion can result in a blockage and I feel it can happen not only in our energy centers or maybe via the energy centers as all exerpience comes through them but it can take place in various parts of our bodies. Let's say there is someone who carries the load for everyone; all their worries, their anxieties, and fixes everything for others...We won't go into why they fix the mishaps of others, however, this person begins to have a severe problem with their shoulders and it literally comes from nowhere according to the medical profession (ugh). They will more than likely say it's psychosomatic when in fact, the person has carried the weight for others and has never managed their own issues as to WHY they carry it for others. Could be a result of let's say, unworthiness.
When I first read your entry I thought blockage. Make certain there's not a calcium deposit in there or some sort of cyst to be certain. "Thoughts become things" as Ra said regarding cancer.
The body is very sensitive to pressure and even to barometric pressure. Good luck. I'm sorry you're in pain. Much love and healing light to you!