Bring4th

Full Version: Flotation & sensory deprivation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone here use flotation & sensory deprivation for the purposes of enlightenment? I'm about to try it for the first time!

Ref: 3.16 "There are two main functions of the pyramid in relation to the initiatory procedures. One has to do with the body. Before the body can be initiated, the mind must be initiated. This is the point at which most adepts of your present cycle find their mind/body/spirit complexes distorted from. When the character and personality that is the true identity of the mind has been discovered, the body then must be known in each and every way. Thus, the various functions of the body need understanding and control with detachment. The first use of the pyramid, then, is the going down into the pyramid for purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin."
Could be useful... However a calm, silent and dark place can also have similar effects.
(12-16-2018, 03:47 PM)Anodyne Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone here use flotation & sensory deprivation for the purposes of enlightenment? I'm about to try it for the first time!

Ref:  3.16 "There are two main functions of the pyramid in relation to the initiatory procedures. One has to do with the body. Before the body can be initiated, the mind must be initiated. This is the point at which most adepts of your present cycle find their mind/body/spirit complexes distorted from. When the character and personality that is the true identity of the mind has been discovered, the body then must be known in each and every way. Thus, the various functions of the body need understanding and control with detachment. The first use of the pyramid, then, is the going down into the pyramid for purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin."

That's cool, may I ask how you came upon the opportunity to do it?

Just a word of advice from a fellow seeker, it is cool and interesting to try gadgets such as the pyramids and the sensory deprivation chamber. However it is worth noting not to become overly dependant on any gadget.
(12-17-2018, 02:16 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]However it is worth noting not to become overly dependant on any gadget.

I agree. I spent $3000 on a bunch of orgonite for the house. And now it is somewhat overstimulating.
Like it feels like a 5-pound weight on my chest energetically almost all the time.
But I only notice it when I notice it.
(12-17-2018, 02:16 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]That's cool, may I ask how you came upon the opportunity to do it?

Just a word of advice from a fellow seeker, it is cool and interesting to try gadgets such as the pyramids and the sensory deprivation chamber. However it is worth noting not to become overly dependant on any gadget.

Had heard of flotation a while back, and was curious but never investigated. When I read the above quote from the Ra materials regarding pyramids, I was reminded.
Now: I know that a flotation tank will never be a pyramid for obvious reasons. They're not built the same or intended the same. The pyramids of Giza were highly specific in many ways with sensory deprivation of the initiate being only one of multiple functions. My intent with flotation is to give that one aspect a try for the purpose of meditation.

As for the opportunity, I simply Googled "flotation therapy" in my area. It's a spa treatment.
(12-17-2018, 05:14 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2018, 02:16 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]However it is worth noting not to become overly dependant on any gadget.

I agree. I spent $3000 on a bunch of orgonite for the house. And now it is somewhat overstimulating.
Like it feels like a 5-pound weight on my chest energetically almost all the time.

Besides being energetically charged, what does the orgonite do for you - what was your reason for choosing that mineral?

In pretty sure that's way to much orgonite in such a small area. A good idea would be to go find those towers and place them near those, and canvas a large area with them. You need to spread them out brother.
(12-18-2018, 02:12 AM)Anodyne Wrote: [ -> ]

Besides being energetically charged, what does the orgonite do for you - what was your reason for choosing that mineral?

I googled it right after posting here, and saw that its a spa treatment. Prices here are like 65 dollars for 90 minutes. I think its a pretty cool idea, and worth trying. I defintely could see how that could relieve some stress and tension, and possibly facilitate a great meditation. Please tell us about your experience with it.
(12-18-2018, 11:08 AM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]I googled it right after posting here, and saw that its a spa treatment. Prices here are like 65 dollars for 90 minutes. I think its a pretty cool idea, and worth trying. I defintely could see how that could relieve some stress and tension, and possibly facilitate a great meditation. Please tell us about your experience with it.

As of yet, I have only had one 60min session. This is what I learned:

If one is already used to meditating for long periods, I would suggest going with a 90-120min session.

The  nicest thing about the experience is the lack of distraction from anything touching the body. My intention is to use this to deepen meditation by utilizing the absence of physical sensations that often accompany sitting/laying in one position for a prolonged period with the influences of gravity & presure. Also, the distractions of light and sound* can be eliminated if one is in an enclosed flotation chamber as opposed to a more open tub flotation room.

Wax ear seals are recommended and usually provided. It is important to not get the heavy salt water in your ears or eyes. Any resulting discomfort could ruin the experience. I suggest applying some petroleum jelly (usually provided) at the corners of the eyes to prevent capillary action from drawing moisture up into the eyes. There should be a spray bottle of pure water in the room, for eye-rinsing, should it get in the eyes.

* When meditating at home, I often use ear plugs and a sleep mask, but even those can cause discomfort.
(12-18-2018, 02:12 AM)Anodyne Wrote: [ -> ]

I have a couple of powered devices that are said to amplify thought.

They are also said to mitigate the harmful effects of EMF because one of them pulses at 15Hz and they say it causes your body's nervous system to "lock onto" that frequency and ignore the harmful random noise out there.
(12-18-2018, 11:05 AM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]

In pretty sure that's way to much orgonite in such a small area. A good idea would be to go find those towers and place them near those, and canvas a large area with them. You need to spread them out brother.

I don't have many tower busters or small ones to spread out. I have a few of the more expensive units. Like charging plates for charging food and water. And a few pyramids. I have one like $200 one that was given to me, that is outside under my internet tower. And one on my power meter, to help with the electrical.

I don't know if what I feel is the orgonite, because when I was at my doctor's appointment today in town, away from all orgonite, I felt the same energy pressure on my chest and 3rd eye.

So it may just be me being sensitive to the Field of love/light or whatever it is. Or me just feeling my own field.
(12-18-2018, 06:52 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have many tower busters or small ones to spread out. I have a few of the more expensive units. Like charging plates for charging food and water. And a few pyramids. I have one like $200 one that was given to me, that is outside under my internet tower. And one on my power meter, to help with the electrical.

I don't know if what I feel is the orgonite, because when I was at my doctor's appointment today in town, away from all orgonite, I felt the same energy pressure on my chest and 3rd eye.

So it may just be me being sensitive to the Field of love/light or whatever it is. Or me just feeling my own field.

Do you cleanse your crystals?
Orgonite is crystals inside of resin with metal shavings. It never needs cleansed energetically.
(12-18-2018, 06:52 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]

Got you, I was under the impression you had a bunch of small to medium sized pieces. I understand not wanting to place some expensive ones out side. Sounds like you got some cool stuff.
If you're not absolutely sure it's the orgonite causing the feeling of pressure, I'd look into that further.