Bring4th

Full Version: Which Meditative Program do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use an expensive program called Holosync put out by Centerpointe.
They offered a discount price of $1600 for 10 years worth of meditation levels that get progressively deeper.
I do notice that things don't bother me as much as they used to.
I am just over a year into it.

People on Facebook who use Holosync also recommend the Paraliminals from https://www.learningstrategies.com/Home.asp

What do you use, paid or free, technology wise, to help you?

Anyone use biofeedback?
Wow, that is an expensive program. And all you've noticed after using it for a year is that things don't bother you as much as they used to? Just curious.

I've been meditating on my own for about ten years now - no pricey programs. People have commented on how much more mellow that I've become since starting the practice. I've tried listening to various things such as binaural beats, various music, etc. What seems to work for me is just plain old ear plugs to drown out the noises around me and concentrating on my breath. Occasionally, I meditate holding various crystals or use mudras usually for health reasons.

I just learned about malas and have ordered the beads to make one. I will be using it during meditation either using an affirmation or a mantra. I'm hoping it will help me to focus better. Here's a link if you're interested: https://www.gaia.com/article/how-use-mal...n-and-yoga.

Happy meditating!
Peace, love and happiness!
I think most just meditate the old fashioned way. I couldn't afford such a program anyway.I do hour long meditation walks and Eckhart Tolle's presence building exercise. When out on the meditation walks I use a powerful mantra Agua taught me. Seems to help. My focus on these walks is fairly low. At least so far.
(01-01-2019, 12:18 AM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I think most just meditate the old fashioned way. I couldn't afford such a program anyway.I do hour long meditation walks and Eckhart Tolle's presence building exercise. When out on the meditation walks I use a powerful mantra Agua taught me. Seems to help. My focus on these walks is fairly low. At least so far.

Would you be willing to share the mantra?
(01-01-2019, 12:24 AM)auntiemable Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2019, 12:18 AM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I think most just meditate the old fashioned way. I couldn't afford such a program anyway.I do hour long meditation walks and Eckhart Tolle's presence building exercise. When out on the meditation walks I use a powerful mantra Agua taught me. Seems to help. My focus on these walks is fairly low. At least so far.

Would you be willing to share the mantra?

Only if Agua thinks it's a good idea, although I get the impression he won't.

It's not necessarily a secret mantra, but it's powerful, so it might not be wise to share it. Because it might be too much for some people.
https://www.quora.com/What-empirical-evi...individual

I've read a bit here and there on medical studies of meditation and binaural beats a while back, meditation has been proven to modulate your brain waves, grow both grey and white brain matter globally, exert influence on various cognitive tests and more, binaural beats like holosync however are on shaky ground. There is little evidence they do much of anything. If we go back to the Law of One, then stuff like this becomes a distraction that would exert a negative influence on a person's meditation, being noise and other distractions. (my personal 2 cents on this)

adding: the whole point in alot of medical studies studying novice vs experienced meditators brains is the idea of struggle and mastery, the novice meditators do not possess the adaptations in the brain to quickly silence the various brain regions for meditation and only through long term practice does the brain adapt neurologically to do so, bestowing many of the cognitive/health benefits seen in those studies. Mental silence style meditation was always the starting point in the research with some variation(mindfulness, transcendental) with no other "tools/programs/experimental aids" as far as I remember.

edit: i skimmed through some fresh studies on binaural beats, there are some showing some effects, some not showing any effects. There is a possibility there's something to it but the research on it in my eyes is too new, muddy and incoherent to really justify paying money for any of these programs especially since meditation already supersedes exactly what they are boasting of doing: brainwave entrainment. And again the noise aspect in the critical moments you are trying to silence your mind to meditate just doesn't make sense.
That may be true Cyclops about noise. But then, how does hypnosis work? The suggestions given aren't silent, yet they work.
I think subliminals aren't proven to work because they are below the threshold of human hearing.
Binaural beats aren't below the threshold.

Yeah, I might not invest any more money in this technology, though I will use what I do have already.

I have this problem where I try self-help technology to improve myself because it is said to work effortlessly and meditation was too hard.
I put myself into debt with all my impulse buying.
So I have to stop buying stuff that I don't need.
And that is hard.
I'm like $10k in credit card debt now.
Plus I owe student loans.

Most of the debt came from trying to promote my book. I spent thousands marketing it, and failing.
And when I looked at a picture of orgonite on the web, I felt energy from it.
It was a pressure that I felt.
I thought it was doing something positive, so I spent over $3000 on it.
That didn't go on credit cards though. It was when I cashed out my $70,000 401k, which now only has like $1000 left in it.
I did it at like 40 years old, so they penalized me $40,000. I did it anyway.
And I have only $1000 in savings now.

I don't know why I do this to myself. But when I was working for my mom and giving her all the money, my disability was taking an additional $400/month from me,
which reduced my savings. Plus my expenses were adding up to $400/month more than I was making. So over 2 years I drained my savings by $800/month.
And she'll never be able to afford to pay me back. She won't see that she even has to. It wasn't "her" fault that they charged me 1/2 of what I was making.

Then I decide to buy her a $1000 new computer because her old one locks up on her. And I buy my dad a $400 laptop because his old one crashed.

So I get things for other people, and self-development for myself. But I still feel like crap at times. There is upheaval that comes out, which is natural.

Now, after cutting back expenses, I am able to have a surplus of like $1-200 / month. Though this last month I was still $200 over what I made.
I am putting the surplus to one of my credit cards. Till I can pay it off.

But my disability only pays me till May 2020. Then they will have to determine if they will keep paying me till I'm 65.

I hope so since a psych test said I can't work. And even so, I have no 401k practically, so my retirement is ruined.
But as I pay off my home and stuff I will have to be disciplined and put all my money towards retirement.
I have my own study and practice that I’ve developed through the past 3 years since I started. I set my own programs. I think we all have a unique way of approaching meditation, and that’s acceptable to me. I include in my practice disciplines of the personality, such as posture and rhythmic breathing.

Study and practice go hand in hand! Follow the path of resonance and one shall go where he needs to go. (We don’t usually know what we need. We know what we want by not necissarily what we need.)
Quote:52.2 ▶ Questioner: Thank you. I think that possibly I am on an important point here because it seems to me that the great work in evolution is the discipline of personality, and it seems that we have two types of moving around the universe, one stemming from disciplines of personality, and the other stemming from what you call the slingshot effect. I won’t even get into the sub-light speeds because I don’t consider that too important. And I only consider this material important with respect to the fact that we are investigating discipline of the personality.

Does the use of the slingshot effect for travel, is that a what you might call an intellectual or a left brain type of involvement of understanding rather than a right brain type?
Ra: I am Ra. Your perception on this point is extensive. You penetrate the outer teaching. We prefer not to utilize the terminology of right and left brain due to the inaccuracies of this terminology. Some functions are repetitive or redundant in both lobes, and further, to some entities the functions of the right and left are reversed. However, the heart of the query is worth some consideration.

The technology of which you, as a social complex, are so enamored at this time is but the birthing of the manipulation of the intelligent energy of the sub-Logos which, when carried much further, may evolve into technology capable of using the gravitic effects of which we spoke. We note that this term is not accurate but there is no closer term.

Therefore, the use of technology to manipulate that outside the self is far, far less of an aid to personal evolution than the disciplines of the mind/body/spirit complex resulting in the whole knowledge of the self in the microcosm and macrocosm.

To the disciplined entity, all things are open and free. The discipline which opens the universes opens also the gateways to evolution. The difference is that of choosing either to hitchhike to a place where beauty may be seen or to walk, step by step, independent and free in this independence to praise the strength to walk and the opportunity for the awareness of beauty.

The hitchhiker, instead, is distracted by conversation and the vagaries of the road and, dependent upon the whims of others, is concerned to make the appointment in time. The hitchhiker sees the same beauty but has not prepared itself for the establishment, in the roots of mind, of the experience.
One more quote about technology.

Quote:60.16 ▶ Questioner: The pyramid shape then, as I understand it, was deemed by your social memory complex at that time to be of paramount importance as, shall I say, a physical training aid for spiritual development. At this particular time in the evolution of our planet it seems that you place little or no emphasis on this shape. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. It is our honor/duty to attempt to remove the distortions that the use of this shape has caused in the thinking of your peoples and in the activities of some of your entities. We do not deny that such shapes are efficacious, nor do we withhold the general gist of this efficacy. However, we wish to offer our understanding, limited though it is, that contrary to our naïve beliefs many thousands of your years ago the optimum shape for initiation does not exist.

Let us expand upon this point. When we were aided by sixth-density entities during our own third-density experiences we, being less bellicose in the extreme, found this teaching to be of help. In our naïveté in third density we had not developed the interrelationships of your barter or money system and power. We were, in fact, a more philosophical third-density planet than your own and our choices of polarity were much more centered about the, shall we say, understanding of sexual energy transfers and the appropriate relationships between self and other-self.

We spent a much larger portion of our space/time working with the unmanifested being. In this less complex atmosphere it was quite instructive to have this learn/teaching device and we benefited without the distortions we found occurring among your peoples.

We have recorded these differences meticulously in the Great Record of Creation that such naïveté shall not be necessary again.

At this space/time we may best serve you, we believe, by stating that the pyramid for meditation along with other rounded and arched or pointed circular shapes is of help to you. However, it is our observation that due to the complexity of influences upon the unmanifested being at this space/time nexus among your planetary peoples it is best that the progress of the mind/body/spirit complex take place without, as you call them, training aids because when using a training aid an entity then takes upon itself the Law of Responsibility for the quickened or increased rate of learn/teaching. If this greater understanding, if we may use this misnomer, is not put into practice in the moment by moment experience of the entity, then the usefulness of the training aid becomes negative.
(01-01-2019, 03:38 AM)Cyclops Wrote: [ -> ]edit: i skimmed through some fresh studies on binaural beats, there are some showing some effects, some not showing any effects. There is a possibility there's something to it but the research on it in my eyes is too new, muddy and incoherent to really justify paying money for any of these programs especially since meditation already supersedes exactly what they are boasting of doing: brainwave entrainment. And again the noise aspect in the critical moments you are trying to silence your mind to meditate just doesn't make sense.

As I tried some binaural beats I felt some effect. I would describe it as better mood and inspiration. As you feel energized after coffee but differently. Such aids can be helpful if you don' t rely too much on them.
I do 30-90 minutes of binuaral beat meditation a day.
Might as well use what I paid for.

Honestly though it doesn't feel like meditation. I don't feel like I'm in a deep state.
But I guess you don't always feel it.
I have a question for you Wolfe, do you sometimes, when you meditate, get free flowing tears like not a lot just tow or three ? Those feel good... So I hope you do Heart
Yes I get tears, sometimes with emotion, and sometimes without.
1. I am following OMNEC ONEC's instructions to meditate. nowadays chanting mantra HU most of the time
https://shop.omnec-onec.com/product/soul...-download/

2. i also use zingdad's "creae yourself, create your life"/creator consciousness to meditate, I am doing this like 'mental exercise', e.g. ask myself "why i create this scenario if any scenario created some negative impression"
https://zingdad.com/publications/books/c...-your-life

3. i might start following Mariana Jacobi's 5-dimension DNA activation meditation, not started yet.

all above are either free, or just price of a regular book, CD.

4. sometimes I also join a free meditation group to meditate in park together, meet people that have similar interest, and discussion this kinds of topic etc.

5. sometimes I join online group meditation, like the one below, and occasionally get very good result (for myself)
https://bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=16760
(01-02-2019, 07:24 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for you Wolfe,  do you sometimes, when you meditate,  get free flowing tears like not a lot just tow or three ?  Those feel good...  So I hope you do  Heart
Sometimes just a few cinematic tears, but other times I get way more than just 2 or 3, not sad tears, they flow unbidden from my eyes.
(01-03-2019, 05:06 AM)Tae Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2019, 07:24 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for you Wolfe,  do you sometimes, when you meditate,  get free flowing tears like not a lot just tow or three ?  Those feel good...  So I hope you do  Heart
Sometimes just a few cinematic tears, but other times I get way more than just 2 or 3, not sad tears, they flow unbidden from my eyes.

You mentioned "cinematic tears" and it made me think of when I was last watching Lion King (original cartoon) and my eyes were leaking with tears of nostalgia and perceiving their dialogue as universal connection, especially when Simba was talking with Rafiki at night time. haha

That also leads me to question: What is meditation?
I see meditation as being in a peaceful mental state of openness to experience and a connection to one's own subtle thoughts. That state of mind can be experienced perhaps even while watching the lion king.
To seek Creator, we should seek love.

Is love more than a feeling?

It is Love (capital L) that makes up everything.
So is love (lowercase l) that is what you feel? Anything more?

Is Creator found in love or Love?

Could we possibly experience the 2nd distortion Love directly?
(01-04-2019, 06:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]To seek Creator, we should seek love.

Is love more than a feeling?

It is Love (capital L) that makes up everything.
So is love (lowercase l) that is what you feel? Anything more?

Is Creator found in love or Love?

Could we possibly experience the 2nd distortion Love directly?

Open heart = Love (coming from the Creator ultimately, which, because of the openness of our heart, flows through us; i think it’s a precursor to intelligent energy, as chakra 4 has a natural resonance with 6).
Human love = love (conditional, incomplete, coming from the self, finite)

I believe that it is possible to experience the Creator’s Infinite Love directly. That will be the experience of 4D onward, although it can certainly be felt here and now.

Love is more than just a feeling. Ra says “Love and Light” is all that there is. The way I understand that is that Love=force and Light=form. The two fundamental principles of Creation. Free Will corresponds to Intelligent Infinity or Ein Soph; pre Creation as described by Ra in the Ra Material fits well with Qabalistic philosophy.

So Love in one of its forms is the human feeling of love. As we work to open our heart we begin to feel and experience true Love, which in unconditional.
I use Gurdjieff's "returning to the body" technique, which I learned from Whitley Strieber. I lead willing people in this type of meditation at Homecomings. Usually only a few are interested.
(01-07-2019, 09:59 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I use Gurdjieff's "returning to the body" technique, which I learned from Whitley Strieber.  I lead willing people in this type of meditation at Homecomings.  Usually only a few are interested.

Is that the same as what Whitley calls the sensing exercise?