Bring4th

Full Version: Hello friends! Questions about a Passage re: Matrix of the Mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my friends! I hope you enjoyed the recent Blood Wolf Moon and hope this post finds you well. If this is not in the correct place, please feel free to move it or ask me to repost it.

I have questions about a passage I stumbled upon and I am trying to make sense of it. I lack context.

Matrix of the Mind
74.4 ▶
Let us observe the entity as it is in relationship to the archetypical mind. You may consider the possibilities of utilizing the correspondences between the mind/body/spirit in microcosm and the archetypical mind/body/spirit closely approaching the Creator. For instance, in your ritual performed to purify this place you use the term “Ve Geburah.” It is a correct assumption that this is a portion or aspect of the One Infinite Creator. However, there are various correspondences with the archetypical mind which may be more and more refined by the adept. “Ve Geburah” is the correspondence of Michael, of Mars, of the positive, of maleness. “Ve Gedulah” has correspondences to Jupiter, to femaleness, to the negative, to that portion of the Tree of Life concerned with Auriel.

I am not familliar with the terms "Ve Geburah" or "Ve Gedulah" and am not sure how to go about researching this ritual.

Would anyone be able to provide me some context so that I may continue my searching?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice given.
(01-22-2019, 10:07 PM)Moonfox Wrote: [ -> ]Hello my friends! I hope you enjoyed the recent Blood Wolf Moon and hope this post finds you well. If this is not in the correct place, please feel free to move it or ask me to repost it.

I have questions about a passage I stumbled upon and I am trying to make sense of it. I lack context.

Matrix of the Mind
74.4 ▶
Let us observe the entity as it is in relationship to the archetypical mind. You may consider the possibilities of utilizing the correspondences between the mind/body/spirit in microcosm and the archetypical mind/body/spirit closely approaching the Creator. For instance, in your ritual performed to purify this place you use the term “Ve Geburah.” It is a correct assumption that this is a portion or aspect of the One Infinite Creator. However, there are various correspondences with the archetypical mind which may be more and more refined by the adept. “Ve Geburah” is the correspondence of Michael, of Mars, of the positive, of maleness. “Ve Gedulah” has correspondences to Jupiter, to femaleness, to the negative, to that portion of the Tree of Life concerned with Auriel.

I am not familliar with the terms "Ve Geburah" or "Ve Gedulah" and am not sure how to go about researching this ritual.

Would anyone be able to provide me some context so that I may continue my searching?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice given.

They are words used in the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram that the group performed before each contact. 
They’re Qabalistic terms which are used in a Western ritual of banishing and purification, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Ve-Gedulah translates to “the Glory” and Ve-Gevurah translates to “the Power”: “Atoh, Malkuth, Ve-Gedulah, Ve Gevurah, Le-Olam, Amen.” “Thou Art the Kingdom and the glory and the power forever, Amen.” It’s basically a portion of the Lord’s Prayer in Hebrew. Hebrew is used because of its inherent power, which Ra comments on in the LOO. Hebrew and Sanskrit have cosmic resonance.
Thank you! I had never seen those words before. I have looked into your information and found that I don't have the necessary skills to participate in Kaballah. I don't know Hebrew at all. I also don't know sanskrit, but I feel like I would have a better chance learning Hebrew than sanskrit. What do you all think about Hermetic Christianity, or whatever the term that it uses? I feel that is something that might be in reach at least as a starting point.
(01-23-2019, 03:57 PM)Moonfox Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I had never seen those words before. I have looked into your information and found that I don't have the necessary skills to participate in Kaballah. I don't know Hebrew at all. I also don't know sanskrit, but I feel like I would have a better chance learning Hebrew than sanskrit. What do you all think about Hermetic Christianity, or whatever the term that it uses? I feel that is something that might be in reach at least as a starting point.

I made a lot of mistakes in my last post! I forgot to translate Malkuth to Kingdom and I repeated “Ve-Gedulah” twice. Fail. I corrected it so all the info should be good now. I laid down for a nap yesterday and all of a sudden it hit me that I forgot “the Kingdom”.

I started studying the Hermetic Qabalah without a knowledge of Hebrew. If you’re interested, I can help you study the alphabet. The alphabet is all one really needs to know with Qabalah. But take it slow, study what is calling to you. That “resonance” will carry you on your spiritual path.

One teacher who I can recommend who was involved in qabalistic, Hermetic christianity is Dion Fortune. Her book “The Mystical Qabalah” is one of the best out there. This book served as my inspiration and starting point. Not all Qabalists are friendly towards Christianity. I hold Christ dear to my heart, so to me, Christ is the perfect representation of the sphere of Tiphareth, divine archetypal Beauty; the sphere of the Sun, and heart. If you feel the same way, then Dion Fortune is for you. She was a very positive white magician (dare I say adept?).

If your interested in the ritual that was referred to, there is a lesser form of the LBRP called the Qabalistic Cross. I perform it twice a day, before and after my daily meditation. It’s easier than the LBRP. You don’t have to trace perfect geometry in the air and visualize the four archangels at the four quarters all at once.

Finally, I would recommend “The Middle Pillar” by Israel Regardie. The information in this book is excellent! Here you can properly learn the Qabalistic Cross and Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. And also the preliminary preparations for walking a mystical spiritual path. I.e. the clearance of lower chakra blockages and distortions.

I’m rambling too much, lol. I’m glad to try and answer any questions that you might have. This is great forum, so many different people from different paths converging in their seeking of the Eternal One. Blessings to you my friend!
Thank you! I put the book by Dion Fortune on my Kindle. I look forward to starting it!

I'll check into learning the hebrew alphabet.
Used to do the ritual daily.. after a while the practice got more ritualistic and powerful.

Was attempting to heal someone ill once and I did that ritual around him with lights turned off in the room he was resting. he got really freaked out, and pretended to have fallen asleep. lol