Bring4th

Full Version: Your Own Quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Come up with your own quote, spiritual or not.

Here is mine.

Quote:Each day we move a day closer to death is not necessarily true. If you change your habits, you can possibly extend your life, and each new day may be a day further from death.
My neighbor's daughter, who's 10 or so, came out with this priceless one. Don't remember exact phrasing , something like this one.

Quote:"Life is great. Each day is better than previous one".
Quote:There's nothing you can't make light of.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/d...-something
[Image: bringthdianafeathersunspokenwordsjpg.jpg]

(Diana Feathers is one of my pseudonyms.)
Consider the possibility it was simply meant to be.
~

This paradoxical comment came to me unbidden after undergoing a new, improved Transcendent Mystical Experience®:

"There's a lot to be said for the ineffable..."

When I'm feeling a trifle cynical about my fellow humanoid creatures, I misanthropically cap this with:

"... But alas! ― it's the unspeakable who actually say it!"

In this connection, I'm minded of some sayings of the late Afghan savant, author, and extraordinary human exemplar of the STO Way, Idries Shah:

"The basic urge toward mysticism is never, in the unaltered man, clear enough to be recognized for what it is."

"The secret protects itself. It is found only in the spirit and practice of the [Sufic] Work [which is true Service to Others]."

"Sufism, the 'secret tradition,' is not available on the basis of assumptions which belong to another world, the world of intellect."

"The Sufi way of thinking is particularly appropriate in a world of mass communication, when every effort is directed towards 
making people believe that they want or need certain things; that they should believe certain things; that they should as a 
consequence do certain things that their manipulators want them to do."

"Until you can understand illogicality, and the meaningfulness of it, shun the Sufis except for limited, precise, self-evident services."

"Sufism is transmitted by means of the human exemplar, the teacher."

"Sufism is known by means of itself."

― Idries Shah, from The Sufis (London: Octagon Press, 1964)

Shah also published a collection of his own short but trenchant reflections on this, that, and the other subject of more or less importance
in human affairs:

"Presence and Absence

A certain person may have, as you say, a wonderful presence: I do not know. What I do know is that he has a perfectly delightful absence."

― Reflections (London: Octagon Press, 1968)
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/51...ons?page=1

"The future belongs to those who show up for it." ― Vox Popoli Cool