Bring4th

Full Version: So, on god.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To me I know god to be the physical manifestation of the non material world receiving material world, or in other words, the essence of the universe and the universe itself, it is like a simple entity you can talk to very easily and it responds eagerly. Its like sentience, the logical result of a material universe being born in an inmaterial universe. Its "life". Just thinking out loud.
It sounds like your view is pantheism, where God is the Universe.
There is also panentheism where God extends beyond the Universe, as an unmanifest non-physical aspect.

Would you say that God is beyond the Logos?

Yet portions of the Logos are unmanifest.
I would say its perhaps closest to the logoses awareness of unmanifest conciousness and the application of intellect to building devices to increase that. I think is kinda "god".
What do you mean building devices? Human devices or Logos builds devices?

I didn't think the Logos did really anything like humans do.
I think the logos made human by building devices and we'll make AI by building device, failing that we'll build babies.
My dream would be to see some real life anthros. I wonder if that will ever happen.
Like nice werewolves that don't hurt anyone.

Have you heard of Neuromancy? It's where you take your dream world and manifest it in the real world.
Supposedly reality is fluid like that.
No though I've heard of necromancy, or maybe I have but cant recall it, idea sounds like shadowrun.
I've not heard of shadowrun.
Is that a positive thing?
I've heard of dream walkers who leave the physical and live their lives in the dream world.
Shadowrun is a corporate offset of cyberpunk, a roleplaying game in a dystopian future, thats why it has resurrecting the dead like necromancy.
(02-11-2019, 08:35 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I think the logos made human by building devices and we'll make AI by building device, failing that we'll build babies.

What form, and in what way did the logos build devices? I'm truly intrigued on your viewpoint. What specific type devices?
(02-12-2019, 01:13 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2019, 08:35 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I think the logos made human by building devices and we'll make AI by building device, failing that we'll build babies.

What form, and in what way did the logos build devices? I'm truly intrigued on your viewpoint. What specific type devices?

A device need not be a physical thing.
Literary Devices studied include allusion, diction, epigraph, euphemism, foreshadowing, imagery, metaphor/simile, personification, point-of-view and structure.
That is just one example of a non physical device.
I would consider thoughts to be devices in this situation.
(02-12-2019, 05:42 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I would consider thoughts to be devices in this situation.

Gemini-I thought the way I wrote the question would allude to there being many forms, applications, or instances you could call a device.

Cyan-expand? I get the overall concept, but could you expand on your point-of-view?
I think the best example is this:

In other words, you play with tools in being alone until what you play with becoems more complex than you can manage then you give it birth, even if you are the most complex creature n the universe you should still see this process of making tools that turn into children smarter than you, Skuld comes to mind as a funny example.
Sounds like thought-forms to me.
Feeling that it is possible to heal them through love, acceptance and will.