Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual Living
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to explore the idea of spiritual living. Each one of us is unique in their own way and we may follow different paths and practices. Well this group may have quite homogeneous beliefs but not really. So what are the common denominator in our day to day living? I have seen and known people who are not what you will typically call spiritual types. As they don't meditate or pray or do anything discernible that can be called a practice but they show incredible beautiful spirit. Should they be considered spiritual? I would think so.

That makes me wonder that it is not what you say or read but what you practice that makes all the difference. What you really believes from the core of your heart that drives your behavior in this physical reality. This begs the question. How does being spiritual changes you in your daily life, in the things that you do at home, in the market place, at work, how do you interact with others and environment that surrounds you? Does a person naturally displays certain qualities when they are truly spiritual in practice?
Overall, the greatest practice for me has been to cultivate a genuine and true love for the self, others, and life. Furthermore, to always act and speak from that awesome love.

Other lesser everyday practices are to be mindful of the thoughts so you know when you're drifting away from selflessness. Also, to approach others with the deep and humbling realization that they are your Creator. To have faith in that spark of the Creator within others and that they will allow it to be shown if you empower them with love.

Also, to live each day without too much worry over the little things, because if you are preoccupied too much, you block yourself from the wisdom and guidance of your higher self. And it is literally possible to spend your enire life worrying about small things.

I didn't think in any of these ways before awakening.
Hi Fool,

For awhile after my awakening I felt the need to preach and to talk about love all the time. I feel this was natural and necessary for my learning about the wisdom of love. I kept getting slapped in the face (spiritually not physically) After four years I have come full circle. I live my life more for the creator by taking care of what the creator puts in my path- than preaching to others or trying to help when no help is wanted or requested.

This was a tough lesson for me but wow what a difference it has made in my life -mind, body and spirit. If something comes up throughout my day that needs attention whether it be my cat, my child, my husband, a stranger on the street or even the dishes in the sink, I give the attention required. I am constantly asking myself "what is asking for my attention right now?" It is amazing- I am much more productive and feel much more grounded and connected to the moment than ever before. Outwardly I would not appear very spiritual anymore...But I am more spiritual than I ever was when I talked about spirituality all the time. Am I still working on it? Absolutly! But I am progressing. Wink

So I would say that someone may not look like they are progressing spiritually but this planet is all about the 'deception of the perception'! Hee Hee... I made a rhyme~! lol

Heart zanny
Hi Aaron and Zanny !!! Thanks for your thoughtful responses. Maybe I am not able to ask the right questions. And this process is helping me come up with the questions to ask. I am really trying to find out how we do measure the spiritual progress? Is it by practice or is it by how much have you changed in your daily life? Could there be a way of finding our your spiritual progress by looking at some parameters in our behavior. And can it help us answer some questions like find out our spiritual blind spots?

Anyone- Please jump in with any insight or story or comment you may have about this.
hi fool
good to hear from you brother. just a little story. i have a friend at work who was going thru a divorce. he has two kids one of whom
has a learning disability and one who is normal. during the divorce period
one of the other guys at work let the child with the learning disability live
with him as the mother had left the state. this was for quite a while not
just a few weeks. now the fellow who took the child into his house is not
what i would call overtly spiritual he doesnt talk about meditation or stuff
like that. he is a heck of a nice guy though. so i would say that his act
of caring for his coworkers child while his buddy was going thru family
problems is to me the essence of what the new earth is all about,
being there for somebody when they need it. i would say the future earth is about loving your fellow man and that is the best thing we can do. one other little story, one of my friends who is a bus driver was driving on a
sunday morning. he picked up a lady who had just come out of church
she had her bible and was all dressed up. he said she was elbowing the
other passengers and actually cursing at them . so i would ask the
question was she spiritual because she went into a building and then
came out or was my buddy who helped care for the child with a
disability spiritual because of his willingness to help his coworker.
to me brother actions speak a lot louder than words For what it's worth

norral
feels weird to be quoting the bible, but sometimes it has a simple way of summing in things up:

Quote:Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

To me this passage explains how spiritual progression (although i'm not keen on the term progression Smile ) can be demonstrated - an ability to recognise the divinity of others.

Understanding the divinity (importance) of all naturally results in patterns of behaviour that can be perceived as being more 'spiritual' in nature, whether that is ease of forgiveness for wrongs done unto you, open hearted caring for others, lack of judgement of others etc, however it is the internal status rather than the behaviour itself that gives a true reflection i think
Hi Norral-My friend those were great stories to illustrate the point. I definitey agree that you don't have to Do certain things to be spiritual. They come out of you as a natural outgrowth.
(10-14-2010, 03:54 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]feels weird to be quoting the bible, but sometimes it has a simple way of summing in things up:

Quote:Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

To me this passage explains how spiritual progression (although i'm not keen on the term progression Smile ) can be demonstrated - an ability to recognise the divinity of others.

Please don't feel weird. Bible can be a store house of beautiful insights. In the Bible I find myself more drawn towards anything that is directly attributed to Jesus.
I have another one from Bible that fits-
Quote:Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

So the spiritual people will be known by their actions and their deeds and not the words...
(10-14-2010, 03:54 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]To me this passage explains how spiritual progression (although i'm not keen on the term progression Smile ) can be demonstrated - an ability to recognise the divinity of others.

Understanding the divinity (importance) of all naturally results in patterns of behaviour that can be perceived as being more 'spiritual' in nature, whether that is ease of forgiveness for wrongs done unto you, open hearted caring for others, lack of judgement of others etc, however it is the internal status rather than the behaviour itself that gives a true reflection i think

I agree that it is the inner nature that changes and in effect drives the behavior.

So how about using spiritual alignment instead of spiritual progression? Or do you have any other suggestions?
spiritual blossoming? Smile just had a couple of synchronicities relating to the word blossoming that made me think of this thread
(10-14-2010, 01:27 PM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Aaron and Zanny !!! Thanks for your thoughtful responses. Maybe I am not able to ask the right questions. And this process is helping me come up with the questions to ask. I am really trying to find out how we do measure the spiritual progress? Is it by practice or is it by how much have you changed in your daily life? Could there be a way of finding our your spiritual progress by looking at some parameters in our behavior. And can it help us answer some questions like find out our spiritual blind spots?

Anyone- Please jump in with any insight or story or comment you may have about this.

How does one measure the spiritual progress...? Hmm... That's a toughie. I don't think there's a yardstick by which we can measure our spiritual growth objectively. It's all subjective. You're the subject of it. Add to that the fact that others will never (in 3rd density) have the same picture of yourself as you do. You may feel that you're spiritually blossoming or that you've changed so much, and then do or say something that pisses somebody off. Especially if it was in passing, then to them, you're not spiritually enlightened at all!

I think that as has been mentioned here, the person's adherence to the golden rule in everyday life is a good a picture as any. Smile
I guess I'm wondering why measure at all? We'll know soon enough when we move into the light at harvest time. For now, why not just enjoy the mystery?

Here is a quote from Ra that may be relevant:

Quote:There are some whose indigo energy is that of pure being and never is manifested, yet all are aware of such an entity’s progress. Others may teach or share in many ways contact with intelligent energy. Others continue in unmanifested form, seeking intelligent infinity.

Thus the manifestation is lesser signpost than that which is sensed or intuited about a mind/body/spirit complex. This violet ray being-ness is far more indicative of true self.
(10-16-2010, 10:24 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm wondering why measure at all?

Quote:I don't think there's a yardstick by which we can measure our spiritual growth objectively. It's all subjective. You're the subject of it. Add to that the fact that others will never (in 3rd density) have the same picture of yourself as you do.

Thank you for a great question βαθμιαίος. I think it is not necessary to measure at all and I agree with you Aaron that it is going to be subjective. and that each person will have a different perspective of you. and I also agree that the spiritual blossoming manifests differently in different entities.

But I let's say for now that even if it is subjective we can still get a reading of our progress confidentially and then take the measure again and monitor how much we have progressed/blossomed. No external entity is involved and you are the only one measuring yourself. I think this will give you an idea about your 'spiritual blind spots'.

I have to run now but I have an example around the 'golden rule' and how you can see your own implementation of golden rule, of treating everyone the same way as you would like to be, in different aspects of your life- like- treating your own self, treating your friends, treating environment, treating plant and animals... How does golden rule applies in your work life and how you offer your services to the world....
(10-17-2010, 10:49 AM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]But I let's say for now that even if it is subjective we can still get a reading of our progress confidentially and then take the measure again and monitor how much we have progressed/blossomed. No external entity is involved and you are the only one measuring yourself. I think this will give you an idea about your 'spiritual blind spots'.

I have to run now but I have an example around the 'golden rule' and how you can see your own implementation of golden rule, of treating everyone the same way as you would like to be, in different aspects of your life- like- treating your own self, treating your friends, treating environment, treating plant and animals... How does golden rule applies in your work life and how you offer your services to the world....

Perhaps, being conscious of the catalysts life is throwing out, and slip ups we make.

Is the same thing being offered again and again? May be there would be more to learn in that area.

Example -

Not being Spiritual - 4 year old saying Mummy, ‘look’ *holding a toy hamster* 'This is how you hold a hamster Mummy'
Mummy snaps 'I'm a vet nurse Fay, I know how to hold a hamster' Blush

Spiritual would then come in again - realising behaviour is out of order, forgiving self and the behaviour, apologising to daughter for being grumpy and give her the love and attention she desires instead of posting on here BigSmile

I think for me a measurement would be when I no longer have to constantly think 'Ooops' - but behaving the right way first time.
Don't underestimate the importance of recognizing that there is a lesson present, @ndy! Even if you still think oops, you're now moving through the cave with an LED flashlight instead of a torch!
I always walk outside...I love to enjoy nature...seeing everyone outside...talking with people...I really have been seeing a loving life.....I agree with everyone LOVING yourself, others, life, just makes you feel true happiness.......

Steve

LOVE
As I have been thinking a little more about this concept, it is evolving as well. I have been thinking that if we could identify a physical issue in an area of life and then connect it with the lack of application of correct spiritual principles in that area.

So we may be living lovingly in our relationships with others (friends, family, acquaintances, nature, animals) but if we find that we have some kind of chronic physical issue like a weight gain, could it be a symptom that we are not being loving enough with ourselves. Could we be ignoring our own needs and issues and that is something that needs to be balanced...

Or we find a lack of money being an issue all the time then we have not been loving the resources that God/one infinite creator has made available for us...

Or we find an issue with our work situation then we have not been sharing our best with the world...We have not been letting go and let the best of us come out in the open and then we will not only have fulfillment but also experience God's abundance...

I find thinking in this manner helpful as this provides me an opportunity to look at all aspects of life and see if I have areas that need addressing for my own growth/balancing/blossoming...