Bring4th

Full Version: Can we be spiritual if we eat meat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is a hot topic, but is it ok to eat meat?
What if I choose ethically raised and killed meat?

There was another topic, but it stretched on many pages and it's too much to get into.

Will I be able to advance to intelligent infinity while still eating meat?
No. You cannot. You have to worship Satan and eat babies if you do.

But you get used to it after awhile.
Only water is permissible.

Absolutely no food.
Ask the Native American shamans who eat meat.
Also, eating ethically raised and slaughtered meat is expensive. I can't think of a way to be sure of such things outside of Kosher meat and Kosher meat isn't cheap.
Kosher slaughter is quite awful.

I don't think there's a simple ok or not ok, it may vary from people and situations.

What I think could help is to ask yourself where does the discomfort come from, does it bother you internally? Or are you bothered externally, on how and what people think of you if you eat meat. If you try and live by others approval you will only keep looking for more questions and approval from them, but if you find approval within yourself, then you can learn to become more aware and see clearer what's discomforting you.

I ate meat most of my life, and I might eat meat again, because I don't know what will be. But right now I try and act consciously from what I feel inside, and what I learned outside.
I can do vegetarian for short times. That is good enough for me.
One choice in vegetarian meal I think makes a difference.

I just thought the heavy energies in meat would impede your energy flow in some way.
But they do help you ground.
The Buddha ate meat.
(03-04-2019, 09:14 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]The Buddha ate meat.

I did not know that. You seem sure about that.
I thought cows were sacred to India.

Jesus probably ate meat too.
(03-04-2019, 09:22 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2019, 09:14 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]The Buddha ate meat.

I did not know that. You seem sure about that.
I thought cows were sacred to India.

Jesus probably ate meat too.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to eat meat. Everyone will have their personal hang ups and concerns. For me, I think factory farms are pure evil. It’s really sickening to think about. I still eat meat but I do not want to support that kind of treatment.
The Hebrews have a way of slaughtering animals humanely. The Native Americans greatly respected and honored the animals which they hunted and ate. They used all parts of the animal and did not waste anything.

Buddhists are largely vegetarian but I know that the Buddha ate meat. He died from eating spoiled pork which was given as a gift. The layman was totally unaware of the spoiled pork, but the Buddha knew instantly and still did not refuse the gift.

So in my opinion, if one wants to eat meat, then eat meat, but pray, give thanks, and bless the meal.
L
I've heard of a spiritual master who took on the karma of someone else. The master died on a cart that ran over him or something like that.
The student had refused the master's teaching, and so in order to save his life, the master died in his stead.
I wonder if the student ever forgave himself for that.

Boy, spirituality is rife with confusion and can be counter intuitive.
Again, Kosher slaughter is awful as well. The animal is held upside down and has its throat slit, it chokes on its own blood. Cows are no different than our pet dogs or cats whom we love, so why do we act like the meat on our plate is not that same lovable animal?  
Would the butcher who's killing the animals be able to be spiritual? And so if he can't, then why can you? Just pondering.  Confused

If you're looking for affirmations on why to eat or not to eat meat then you'll find plenty on both. Instead shift your awareness on the process of the meat that you consume, how it came to be and when you are there feeling whatever that you are, decide for yourself.
I scarcely eat meat. Like five times a year ? Not even. Only if I get really, really anemic. I feel really sad to do so and instantly gives thanks to the cow.

I do not eat chicken or fish. Eggs are my only animal protein. Like Nau7ik, I think factory farms are pure evil. When you drive in california from los angeles to san francisco on the faster road which is freeway 5, you drive by a farm factory, it looks like a concentration camp : you have on probably one mile long, three or four large enclosed areas, all on dark brown mud, with hundred of cows grouped together, not moving, like in a daze. the factory is right behind them. You can smell the odor from like three miles before of urine. The first time I drove by it, like twenty years ago, I was besides myself that this could take place, I was so naive. I wrote SPCA saying they probably didn't t know about this and this has to stop immediately. I was so stupid. I started a petition.
It is like a concentration camp. What we, humans do.

I so feel for anyone having to work in a slaughter house.

But I do feel that more and more are horrified by this.
Yes.

Meat unfortunately is great nourishment for these vessels. Eat LESS meat and eat WISER meat and give THANKS to that meat for giving itself for you. We mostly just get meat from a local farm now, got a meat box that shows up once a month.

My spiritual guides were like "well if you're going to keep being stubborn about eating low vibrational food we're going to make it inconvenient for you" so now my empathy extends to meat and other animal products and I can taste its pain.

There are WAY worse ways to go than having your throat cut. I'd die that way. I'd kill a chicken that way. If the apocalypse happens, I'd kill and eat my cat that way. Sorry buddy, I love you. (pet pet) I think that's an important aspect of ethically eating meat, by the way–knowledge and respect of the full process while being able to stomach it and making choices to maximize the healthy life of the animal you consume. I don't waste meat anymore–right now I have a turkey carcass in the freezer waiting to be boiled into broth. I take only as much as I need, respectfully and with thanks for its sacrifice. I am at a state of mind where I know exactly what happens to the chickens I eat–their throats get cut and they're bled out–I grew up rurally and I know how to slaughter a chicken, and I am okay with that process. These grass fed chickens and farm meats we consume don't taste like a life of pain to me. They lived decent lives and then were killed and eaten and presumably reincarnated, and the cycle of life continues.

This is an aspect of 3D life and it's awesome if you can avoid eating meat! I respect that! I have been vegetarian and found I got unfortunately ill when I sustained that diet, which made me sad. Today I will be eating vegetarian food because our vegetarian friend will be visiting. So I would say I eat less meat, far less meat than I used to, but I still include it in my diet, usually one meal a day will have a serving of meat, and I seem do all right as long as I have a couple a week.

I just don't think anyone has to be vegan to spiritually ascend, and anyone saying "this is the thing you must do" is creating divisions between people rather than encouraging us to link up and bring humanity as a collective closer to ascension. So hmm, while it seems like a good thing, it can also be weaponized and used against us as a negative, service to self sort of thing.

In the end, even veganism doesn't mean a hurt-free diet. Tons of small animals and habitats are destroyed in mass farming operations. The best we can do is make educated, wise choices to minimize hurt, and not push other humans away for any perceived "one true way". We are our own best shot.

I do believe that eating animal products is lower vibration, like drinking alcohol, and can have an effect on the clarity of your mind. So if you feel called to not consume them, you should definitely follow your intuition and have a go at it!
(03-03-2019, 03:11 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a hot topic, but is it ok to eat meat?
What if I choose ethically raised and killed meat?

There was another topic, but it stretched on many pages and it's too much to get into.

Will I be able to advance to intelligent infinity while still eating meat?

Everything is ok. Everything is acceptable. There is no right or wrong.

There are people who have contacted intelligent infinity while eating meat, from what I've read.
I believe there is no general right or wrong answer for this thread. My answer would be, it depends.
I believe consciousnessis key. By this, I mean asking yourself questions like, 'Am I at peace by getting nourishment through the sacrifice of another sentient being?' 'Is it absolutely necessary to do so or could I get the same nourishment from somewhere else?'
As a largely vegetarian person who rarely eats fish, I would never push a vegan/vegetarian agenda to an Eskimo, for example. Or to a someone living in a slum eating rats to survive.
IMHO, eluding asking these questions to yourself contributes to indifference/lack of polarization (be it STS or STO).
(03-07-2019, 08:11 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]roadkill bb

Well like wolves, roadkill makes my mouth water.
But I don't know if I have what it takes to harvest one.