Bring4th

Full Version: Video critiquing the Law of Attraction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This video has me thinking. The Law of Attraction sounds kinda screwed up the way she puts it on the beginning. Although it sounds maybe like more of a critique of the LoA community. The way people understand the LAw of Attraction seems to be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6xCjY39_t0
Teal Swan isn't really a good role model to follow. As I was told by the lady I used to study with.

My atheist friend found another video before which was made by a person who left the Law of One community after over 10 years,
and he's putting it down and my friend is eating it up making me watch it. Of course when I have him watch my videos he refuses to.
Why shouldn't I listen to what Teal Swan has to say? What makes her such a bad role model? And who said she was my role model?
(03-31-2019, 06:49 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Why shouldn't I listen to what Teal Swan has to say? What makes her such a bad role model? And who said she was my role model?

My teacher just said that she's not a good influence, but I don't remember why.
(03-31-2019, 06:49 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Why shouldn't I listen to what Teal Swan has to say? What makes her such a bad role model? And who said she was my role model?

Honestly I would also recommend to avoid her. There was a video a girl put up many years ago about her experience living with Teal Swan and it was horrific. She’s manipulative and tries to control people’s minds and emotions. She feigns spiritual enlightenment and steals concepts from others. I know the video is up somewhere still on youtube. It was on a girl’s channel who used to talk about “indigo children and starseeds” and now she lectures people on how dangerous the spiritual path is and why people should avoid spiritual communities.

Very negative energy it feels like to me. Give them a listen and discern the truth for yourself. I am only giving my opinion.

Have you heard of Scott Mandelker? I highly recommend checking out his YouTube channel! He is spiritually mature and genuine. He covers a range of topics and they’re organized so you can look through his playlists and find topics that resonate and interest you. These so much good content on his channel. He’s largely an eastern metaphysician. He works with the Law of One Ra Material and Pali cannon buddhism.
(03-31-2019, 05:52 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]The way people understand the LAw of Attraction seems to be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6xCjY39_t0

I believe this is what Teal is trying to show.

(04-01-2019, 08:29 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Give them a listen and discern the truth for yourself.

The best advice ever  Heart
If you think it, it will be.
We are metaphysical beings in a mind/body/spirit complex under the veil of forgetting and this physical realm, 3rd density feels so real and for lack of better words, unmagical however, the opposite is true. We manifest our realities every day in thought form. We utilize other aspects such as our emotions and desires to manifest things. Like attracts like.
We are literally polarizing just as a magnet is.
(04-01-2019, 11:16 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]Just read that: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/gy3de...-led-cults

So basically, she's a cult leader because she has retreats and a popular Youtube channel, is what they're saying. Not so sure if I agree, but I admit the $2000 retreat thing does raise my eyebrows. And the fact that she targets Google tags or whatever indicates she's marketing herself. So maybe she is a cult leader.
(04-01-2019, 03:58 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2019, 11:16 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]Just read that: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/gy3de...-led-cults

So basically, she's a cult leader because she has retreats and a popular Youtube channel, is what they're saying. Not so sure if I agree, but I admit the $2000 retreat thing does raise my eyebrows. And the fact that she targets Google tags or whatever indicates she's marketing herself. So maybe she is a cult leader.

Don't let judging of a person you don't know cloud your openness to some wisdom that can facilitate your growth and healing
Another person, James Arthur Ray formerly charged like $9000 for his Spiritual Warrior retreats. He went to jail because in one retreat they did a sweat lodge and 3 people died.
He gained his popularity from the film The Secret.
Yeah, I agree with Rita. There's a lot of good perspective from Teal Swan's videos.
I personally am wary of anyone offering spiritual revelations but then hiding them behind a paywall. I recognize we live in a world where people have to get money to make a living, but anyone who says “I have all these answers and it’s available at the low low cost of $2,000! This info is so good I’m practically giving it away at that price!” makes me walk the other way.

A good example of someone who has effectively and non-suspiciously monetized his brand is Gordon White of Rune Soup. His blog and podcast are full of incredibly useful info, and he additionally offers a premium member are where he teaches courses on a lot of the subjects he discusses in his free content. He mentions the premium area from time to time but it never feels pushy, and he doesn’t promise enlightenment or an ideal life, just an invitation to join an interesting group of training practitioners. I’ve never doubted his sincerity and have considered joining his premium area.