Bring4th

Full Version: Archetypes of Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I study the archetypes in their classifications, such as Matrix, Potentiator, Catalyst, etc., I notice that when it comes to the archetype of the body, I have a more difficult time ‘understanding’ than I do with Mind or Spirit.

The most recent puzzling archetypes for me were the Catalyst and Experience of the Body: the Wheel of Fortune and Strength. We should be able to discern the meanings of the symbols and images by contemplating and meditating on the card. Ra said that those who seek together shall more surely find together.

I’ll start with Catalyst of Body and Experience of Body.
[Image: 7Zz0wlk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640]

The Catalyst of the Body is of a great Wheel with two figures ascending and descending upon the wheel. Whether they climb up or down, their position can easily be reversed. Above the wheel is a strange white figure: a human headed lion (Sphinx) with a hawk/bird on it’s back. The Sphinx holds a downward pointing spear as if to strike those upon the wheel.

The two figures on the wheel are the devil and Anubis. So do these figures indicate that which keeps us cycling on the wheel? The Devil would indicate our lower nature, exemplified by the snake coming out of his belly button. So the devil would be the area of the lower chakras. But then what does Anubis mean? I know that traditionally he is the god of death. So then being upon the wheel denotes our involvement with the devil (bodily senses) and death.
As I said, both figures ascend and descend equally. So I would take this to mean that catalyst can strike us randomly upon the wheel of birth and death.

What does the Sphinx mean? I have a feeling that the bird/hawk is a symbol for catalyst. It has shown up in Catalyst of the Mind as well.
What are your interpretations? What do you see as significant here?

Next, Id like to look at the Experience of the Body—Strength.
Strength is of a woman holding open the jaws of a lion. She is clad in white and has two birds upon her head. The birds have the headdress of upper and lower Egypt, which are colored white and red. So I would take this to possibly denote polarity. The lion is passive. They seem to be in harmony, the lion and the woman.
Since the figure is female, I would suspect that the experience of the body is unconscious? White denotes purity...

I’m having a hard time with both of these archetypes.

I'm just curious, apart from going around and around and around and around about the details of these things, is there anything of deep or priceless value you hope to gain from contemplating these images?

Perhaps you would seek an inner poise that allows you to unite your "upper and lower" natures, that allows you the grace to be peaceable and forgiving in the face of the ferocity of primal catalyst?

The hoped for gain is the ability to invoke the archetypes purely, to be able to use the 22 as a resource. I did not realize what that meant until very recently when I started the study with a more serious intent. This is the blueprint for the third density deep mind. So by being aware of how the archetypes play out in the deep mind, we can make use of that knowledge to more efficiently polarize.

And thank you for your perspective! It was said beautifully. I shall contemplate that

Right, but beneath the surface, I was just wondering, what motivates you to polarize further?  Do you get a sense of what it is within you that you are reaching for?

(04-04-2019, 12:51 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ] 
Right, but beneath the surface, I was just wondering, what motivates you to polarize further?  Do you get a sense of what it is within you that you are reaching for?

Good question: I don’t normally use the word “polarize” in my own life narrative. It’s not something I’m concerned about. The motivation for me for seeking is wisdom and understanding. I’ve sensed the great mystery of beingness and have the desire to unravel that mystery. The 22 archetypes help to shed light on the mystery of who I am and why I’m here. Self understanding; the knowing of the self.
Sorry if I'm pushing this too far, but I would like to read your thoughts on this. What motivates you to know more clearly why you are here? Why do you seek wisdom and understanding? Is there an inner reason for this which you can express? What signals to you that this is a vital pursuit?
Peregrine, since you speak of contemplation of the images and ask about motivation, I only humbly suggest that even if one is attracted to the Archetypes, the images are something that was done on Earth. Ra did not use images; they were discussed as oral concepts (and I don't think there is anything to suggest that they were orally described as images); thus it could be that you are more motivated to delve into the concepts themselves primarily and the images secondarily; as the images merely point to the concepts involved, and were not directly used by Ra either.

I only mention it because I find it immensely more fruitful myself to use the images as a secondary aid to contemplation of the archetypes as a concept, with meditation and contemplation of the concepts being the primary aspect of discovery. But I am no expert on the Archetypes either (and even if I was), feel free to take or leave behind any my words.
Yes, and I would add that, in my view, the study of the images and their possible meanings might be better seen as being, not a thing in itself, but a supplement to the primary work of inward investiture of one's being. For example, the main work of the plant is to extend its roots and its branches, to feel its being below ground and above. Secondarily, it may wish to verify or understand more fully this experience by consulting esoteric constructs of knowledge. (Okay, the analogy needs some work.........)
(04-05-2019, 11:49 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I'm pushing this too far, but I would like to read your thoughts on this. What motivates you to know more clearly why you are here? Why do you seek wisdom and understanding? Is there an inner reason for this which you can express? What signals to you that this is a vital pursuit?

Again, good question but my thread is totally derailed from what I was seeking...

I don’t know what you’re looking for from me. I see very few who pursue this study on the forum. There’s something significant in these images. They’re not just plain random images. I can’t explain that. That’s what I am trying to do. I am an occult seeker. I’ve always been attracted to mysticism and occultism since I was 14. Younger than that I was fascinated by mystery.
The catayst of the body is the wheel, because there are many cycles that we experience in physical reality. Diurnal cycles, moon cycles, other planetary cycles. Hormonal cycles, eating cycles, some of us poop at the same time every day. Some of us need a cup of coffee every morning. Some of these cycles are immutable, and most of them affect us on an instinctual, animal level. For instance, ERs being more busy during a full moon, or when we feel sexually aroused by simple stimulus, or when we smell delicious food and it makes us hungry. Our bodies were designed to keep us alive and viable without conscious awareness (the sphinx). So many things we do in a day are unconscious, routine, and solidified by habit.

The experience of the body is a woman holding closed the jaws of a dangerous animal. To me, I see the left hand on the throat as "choking" the animal, and I see the right hand on the top of the nose as more like "stroking" the animal. We have two choices when it comes to "taming" the cycles of our instinctual body - we can force it into submission with fear and abuse, or we can accept and love and work in cooperation with the "dangerous animal". Both choices have the effect of keeping the jaws of the lion closed. The birds on her head symbolize that she has already cooperated with the body in a successful fashion in one way or another.

So, for instance, you get a new puppy. The puppy's main instincts are to play, they also go through a teething process where they chew. They also have to be taught where to go to the bathroom, what they are and aren't allowed to eat - etc. The two options are often referred to as "negative reinforcement" or "positive reinforcement" - you can beat your dog every time he goes to the bathroom in the house to get him to stop, or you can reward him every time he performs the behavior that you want to encourage. We have the same choices about how we treat our own bodies, and also, the planetary body at large. Am I going to punish myself when I eat sugar, or am I going to reward myself with praise when I choose to eat fruit instead? Am I going to spray my garden with pesticides so that no bugs exist to eat my plants, or am I going to learn to understand and cultivate a microecosystem where all the parts contribute to create a greater whole? Do I want to subjugate the body to my will, or do I want to learn to understand and cooperate with it through patience and perseverance?
(04-06-2019, 08:00 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Again, good question but my thread is totally derailed from what I was seeking...

Sorry about that.  I didn't expect that looking for the inward aspects would constitute a derailment. 

Here's another shot at it, again not an attempt to organize the outer world, but something else.  The spinning wheel and those spinning upon it represent the distractions of life and the attendant metal mesmerization, whereas the sphinx dude represents the poise one may achieve (rising above the swirl) while living amidst the constant bustling changes.  Then, what do you do with that poise?  You balance the raw animal vitality while opening the inner ear to the song of nature and the fecund wonders therein.  Then what?

I love what Jade wrote. Thank you Jade.

Peregrine, “ opening the inner ear to the song of nature and rage fecund wonders thereiin.” Oh my, that’s beautiful Peregrine.

I find the wheel a little tiring to look at because that’s my lazy side. I love any representation of Anubis though. I studied the glyphs in college, i was a nerd, and studied both glyphs and hieratic which is the low case writing for glyphs. I remember a text on Anubis and thought Anubis was such a cool god to study. The card of the Exoerience of the Body is to me of infinite beauty.
I'm such an amateur when it comes to interpreting the archetypes. so these observations may not be correct. but I'm going to share what I think anyway.
Quote:The two figures on the wheel are the devil and Anubis. So do these figures indicate that which keeps us cycling on the wheel? The Devil would indicate our lower nature, exemplified by the snake coming out of his belly button. So the devil would be the area of the lower chakras. But then what does Anubis mean? I know that traditionally he is the god of death. So then being upon the wheel denotes our involvement with the devil (bodily senses) and death.

Anubis can represent our higher nature in contrast to the devil on the other side, I think. also if anubis is the god of death, can also be seen as change/transformation.. (the cycles that Bring4th_Jade mentioned)
while the devil is the unpleasant catalyst for the body, anubis offers change and transformation to polarize and make it to the top of the wheel where the Sphinx stands unaffected.
If anibus and devil also mean ''good and evil'', or ''right and wrong'' then the noble figure standing above the wheel would also mean that he's above judgement.

What's interesting about the experience of the body is the fact that the woman holds the lion's jaws with such ease and gentleness using her fingertips.. there is no force. I guess that shows true strength coming from compassion/understanding rather than anger.
(04-06-2019, 11:50 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2019, 08:00 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Again, good question but my thread is totally derailed from what I was seeking...

Sorry about that.  I didn't expect that looking for the inward aspects would constitute a derailment. 

Here's another shot at it, again not an attempt to organize the outer world, but something else.  The spinning wheel and those spinning upon it represent the distractions of life and the attendant metal mesmerization, whereas the sphinx dude represents the poise one may achieve (rising above the swirl) while living amidst the constant bustling changes.  Then, what do you do with that poise?  You balance the raw animal vitality while opening the inner ear to the song of nature and the fecund wonders therein.  Then what?

I answered your questions and you don’t like my answers. I don’t know what you’re looking for and it was really bothering me yesterday. Maybe “derailing” the thread was the wrong way to say it. But I was derailed from actually contemplating these images. I’m having to defend why I have the desire to study the archetypal mind? If you’re not attracted to the tarot images, that’s fine. There are other methods of studying our deep minds. Ra didn’t use physical images, instead they used visualization of concept complexes. They used images, just not physical images.

I seek to know. Why? Because I don’t “know.” I don’t have the answers to myself, God, the universe, etc. Having a relatively undistorted perception of what potentiation, Experience, and transformation entails, one can work along those lines to affect transformation to the great way.

Why do any of us have the desire to know ourselves and to become more than we are now? The Lord’s original desire. Why do I also desire what the Lord desires? We are his children: we are the Creator’s hands, eyes, ears, etc.

Anyway, these are not just simple concepts. They are complexes of concepts. Having the general idea of it does not suffice. I know that the transformation of the mind is called the lovers. What does that transformation entail? Same with Body. By using these images in meditation and contemplation, we may discern and translate these concepts into something understandable. It is the language of the deep mind: symbols. The magic happens when you perceive the “flow,” one concept complex into the next.
Amazing perspectives! Thank you all. I really had no thought to consider these images in the way some of you have described. Anubis representing our higher natures rings true. Death symbolically would indeed be transformation. The two birds on the woman’s head in Strength show me that the body is in equilibrium.

I’m planning to start on the Significators either today or tomorrow. I wanted to at least penetrate the mystery with these cards a little bit before I move on. The Significator of the Body is the Hanged Man. When looked at wide by side with the other Significators, the Hanged man hangs from a rectangular Tau, which I take to be the material illusion. There are bunches of grapes entwined about the structure. I’ll speak more on this one after I meditate on it.

Thank you all. Catalyst is catalyst, whether it makes me feel good or knocks me from my center. I harbor no ill feelings.
(04-07-2019, 08:28 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, these are not just simple concepts. They are complexes of concepts. Having the general idea of it does not suffice. I know that the transformation of the mind is called the lovers. What does that transformation entail? Same with Body. By using these images in meditation and contemplation, we may discern and translate these concepts into something understandable. It is the language of the deep mind: symbols. The magic happens when you perceive the “flow,” one concept complex into the next.

I can also add, in case to those who are wondering the merit of the study of Archetypes, that once a given archetype is moderately well understood, invoking the archetype to evolve (likely for other reasons as well, ie magical workings) is very very powerful, though I haven't experimented too much in the area since they are so powerful.
Thank you xise, I still haven’t started any serious study but when I have some time more, i shall start because of what you and others have posted . Thank you
In regards the archetypes in question, I think some good observations have been made by everyone in this thread.

From my perspective, the catalyst of the body (the wheel of fate) is the result of the interaction of the matrix (balance) with the potentiator (wisdom).

It is actually space/time itself. As Ra said when talking about physical incarnation:

"Each mind/body/spirit or mind/body/spirit complex has an existence simultaneous with that of creation. It is not dependent upon any physical vehicle. However, in order to evolve, change, learn, and manifest the Creator the physical vehicles appropriate to each density are necessary. Your query implied that physical vehicles accelerated growth. The more accurate description is that they permit growth."

As was already mentioned by others in the thread, in slightly augmented description, the devil symbolizes involutionary bodily catalyst (negative catalyst) and the anubis/angelic character represents evolutionary bodily catalyst (positive catalyst). The sphinx on top is a symbol of strength and wisdom. It guards the wheel of fate, and ensures that neither the involutionary forces, nor the evolutionary forces gain the upperhand indefinitely. They are both given equal sway in this archetype in order to present the opportunity for contrasting catalyst to be experienced.

Whereas the catalyst might be interpreted as the "thing in itself" in the domain of the body, the "experience of the body" might be likened unto the "interpretation" of the "thing in itself". As a flame is to fuel, so is the experience to the catalyst. The nature of the catalyst will provide a varying interpretation (or "experience") of said catalyst.

So this is more where polarity comes into play, like Jade was mentioning. In the experience of the body card, sometimes called "strength", sometimes called "the enchantress", we see a woman holding open the jaws of a lion. Typically, a female figure would represent either a subconscious portion of the archetypal mind, or a more passive director of energies. The fact that she is not rippling with muscle is a big clue right there in and of itself. By what power does she hold open the powerful jaws of the lion? What sorcery is this? The birds atop the head are indicative that the power of spirit is at play in this archetype. There are two of them, denoting polarity, but notice they simply look forward, and are not in flight, indicating a kind of passivity. So it would seem it is by spiritual magic that the jaws of death are kept at bay. But is the magic negative, or positively polarized? That is what the experience, or interpretation, archetype is all about.

At all times in the body, there is the constant threat of death, like the jaws of the lion in the picture. There are innumerable unconscious forces working in your body at all times. These processes could stop at any time, causing cessation of life in that form. You could have an anuryism, stroke, or any number of other maladies in the blink of an eye. What magic keeps these threats at bay? Could it be the enchantress, with her magical strength?

So from my perspective, the card represents that the subconscious intelligence of your body is what is keeping the jaws of death at bay. She has a magical, or spiritual, relationship with catalyst being experienced (the metaphorical fuel being burned providing the energy for growth). But we get to choose how we relate to the catalyst of the body, whether to control it, or accept it. The unconscious part of this archetype is the enchantress holding the jaws open, but we get to choose, using the mind, indirectly if she relates to the catalyst in a negative or positive way, because the physical ultimately reflects the spiritual.

So polarization will indirectly influence this subconscious archetype. She will either control the jaws with magic, or make friends with the lion (the magic of friendship). She will follow the example of the male, or conscious, part of the mind in how she relates to catalyst. Or if one failed to polarize, the lion will clasp its jaws and get its meal, resulting in death. As Ra said, illnesses are often caused because of a failure to polarize, be it negative or positive. That's when the magic loses its power, and the lion can no longer be kept at bay. The catalyst, having not been used, causes distortion in the functioning of the body complex.
Meditating on the cards, listening to your inner resources, letting your mind and subconscious look and seek freely may help.

Its not obligatory to interpret the cards' each intricate detail. What you innately seek may be visible in the silence of deep meditation.

That said, interpreting the intricate details of each card is a good exercise and can bring considerable insight.
(04-07-2019, 08:28 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2019, 11:50 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]

I answered your questions and you don’t like my answers. I don’t know what you’re looking for and it was really bothering me yesterday. Maybe “derailing” the thread was the wrong way to say it. But I was derailed from actually contemplating these images. I’m having to defend why I have the desire to study the archetypal mind? If you’re not attracted to the tarot images, that’s fine. There are other methods of studying our deep minds. Ra didn’t use physical images, instead they used visualization of concept complexes. They used images, just not physical images.

I seek to know. Why? Because I don’t “know.” I don’t have the answers to myself, God, the universe, etc. Having a relatively undistorted perception of what potentiation, Experience, and transformation entails, one can work along those lines to affect transformation to the great way.

Why do any of us have the desire to know ourselves and to become more than we are now? The Lord’s original desire. Why do I also desire what the Lord desires? We are his children: we are the Creator’s hands, eyes, ears, etc.

Anyway, these are not just simple concepts. They are complexes of concepts. Having the general idea of it does not suffice. I know that the transformation of the mind is called the lovers. What does that transformation entail? Same with Body. By using these images in meditation and contemplation, we may discern and translate these concepts into something understandable. It is the language of the deep mind: symbols. The magic happens when you perceive the “flow,” one concept complex into the next.

I wasn't trying to say "Show me your papers!  What do you think you're doing here?"

I was trying to inquire about any specific interior intimations which might be prodding your quest.  Sorry that went off the rails.

I was thinking that this discussion is something of a Rorschach Test, but here's a more polished way of putting it.

the usual suspects Wrote:67.30 ▶ Questioner: In that case, continue.

Ra: I am Ra. Perhaps the first item which we shall address is the concept of the spirit used as a shuttle between the roots and the trunk of mind. This is a misapprehension and we shall allow the questioner to consider the function of the spirit further, for in working with the mind we are working within one complex and have not yet attempted to penetrate intelligent infinity. It is well said that archetypes are portions of the One Infinite Creator or aspects of its face. It is, however, far better to realize that the archetypes, while constant in the complex of generative energies offered, do not give the same yield of these complexes to any two seekers. Each seeker will experience each archetype in the characteristics within the complex of the archetype which are most important to it. An example of this would be the observation of the questioner that the Fool is described in such and such a way. One great aspect of this archetype is the aspect of faith, the walking into space without regard for what is to come next. This is, of course, foolish but is part of the characteristic of the spiritual neophyte. That this aspect was not seen may be pondered by the questioner. At this time we shall again request that the query be restated at the next working and we shall at this time cease using this instrument. Before we leave may we ask if there may be any short questions?

(04-07-2019, 12:56 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I can also add, in case to those who are wondering the merit of the study of Archetypes, that once a given archetype is moderately well understood, invoking the archetype to evolve (likely for other reasons as well, ie magical workings) is very very powerful, though I haven't experimented too much in the area since they are so powerful.

I remember Ra emphasizing this.
It is an integral part of the two steps of knowing the self and becoming the creator probably.

One of us should make a thread about it if one isn't already made.

(04-07-2019, 04:59 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]In regards the archetypes in question, I think some good observations have been made by everyone in this thread.

From my perspective, the catalyst of the body (the wheel of fate) is the result of the interaction of the matrix (balance) with the potentiator (wisdom).

It is actually space/time itself. As Ra said when talking about physical incarnation:

"Each mind/body/spirit or mind/body/spirit complex has an existence simultaneous with that of creation. It is not dependent upon any physical vehicle. However, in order to evolve, change, learn, and manifest the Creator the physical vehicles appropriate to each density are necessary. Your query implied that physical vehicles accelerated growth. The more accurate description is that they permit growth."

As was already mentioned by others in the thread, in slightly augmented description, the devil symbolizes involutionary bodily catalyst (negative catalyst) and the anubis/angelic character represents evolutionary bodily catalyst (positive catalyst). The sphinx on top is a symbol of strength and wisdom. It guards the wheel of fate, and ensures that neither the involutionary forces, nor the evolutionary forces gain the upperhand indefinitely. They are both given equal sway in this archetype in order to present the opportunity for contrasting catalyst to be experienced.

Whereas the catalyst might be interpreted as the "thing in itself" in the domain of the body, the "experience of the body" might be likened unto the "interpretation" of the "thing in itself". As a flame is to fuel, so is the experience to the catalyst. The nature of the catalyst will provide a varying interpretation (or "experience") of said catalyst.

So this is more where polarity comes into play, like Jade was mentioning. In the experience of the body card, sometimes called "strength", sometimes called "the enchantress", we see a woman holding open the jaws of a lion. Typically, a female figure would represent either a subconscious portion of the archetypal mind, or a more passive director of energies. The fact that she is not rippling with muscle is a big clue right there in and of itself. By what power does she hold open the powerful jaws of the lion? What sorcery is this? The birds atop the head are indicative that the power of spirit is at play in this archetype. There are two of them, denoting polarity, but notice they simply look forward, and are not in flight, indicating a kind of passivity. So it would seem it is by spiritual magic that the jaws of death are kept at bay. But is the magic negative, or positively polarized? That is what the experience, or interpretation, archetype is all about.

At all times in the body, there is the constant threat of death, like the jaws of the lion in the picture. There are innumerable unconscious forces working in your body at all times. These processes could stop at any time, causing cessation of life in that form. You could have an anuryism, stroke, or any number of other maladies in the blink of an eye. What magic keeps these threats at bay? Could it be the enchantress, with her magical strength?

So from my perspective, the card represents that the subconscious intelligence of your body is what is keeping the jaws of death at bay. She has a magical, or spiritual, relationship with catalyst being experienced (the metaphorical fuel being burned providing the energy for growth). But we get to choose how we relate to the catalyst of the body, whether to control it, or accept it. The unconscious part of this archetype is the enchantress holding the jaws open, but we get to choose, using the mind, indirectly if she relates to the catalyst in a negative or positive way, because the physical ultimately reflects the spiritual.

So polarization will indirectly influence this subconscious archetype. She will either control the jaws with magic, or make friends with the lion (the magic of friendship). She will follow the example of the male, or conscious, part of the mind in how she relates to catalyst. Or if one failed to polarize, the lion will clasp its jaws and get its meal, resulting in death. As Ra said, illnesses are often caused because of a failure to polarize, be it negative or positive. That's when the magic loses its power, and the lion can no longer be kept at bay. The catalyst, having not been used, causes distortion in the functioning of the body complex.

Wow. now I get it. lol
That was satisfying to read. BigSmile
Incredible @anagogy. That was illuminating!

@peregrine, I understand that certain portions or aspects of the concept complex will stick out to the individual. Some aspects that others see, I don’t take as significant. And I’m sure, likewise is true. But the problem that I was having was that I couldn’t make headway into these cards. Well I could, a little bit, through meditation. But what I had gotten so far did not satisfy me. My ideas of the cards weren’t “coherent”.

I think it’s well to ask other fellow seekers for aid in understanding when we run into a stumbling blocks. That which resonates will stick and that which doesn’t shall fall away. As long as we are attempting our own understanding! Ra would not comment on the archetypes until Don had contemplated them and attempted his own understanding.
[Image: arc-14-alchemist-color.png]

I’m approaching the end of my study of the archetypes of mind, body, and spirit as things in themselves. Ra suggested that we study each type on its own, so we could contemplate the three Matrices, the three Potentiatiors, for example.
I’m on the Great Way of the Body, XIV. The Alchemist (Temperance).

The Great Way of Body is a mirror image of the thrust of the activity of the mind. I figure that the wings are indicative of the spirit. They’re basically the wings of the winged solar disk (in my mind), which is a symbol for the spirit. He holds two vessels in his hands, pouring a liquid from the higher to the lower.
I’m not entirely sure what this is meant to indicate. I think that it’s saying one is open to receiving the influx of spirit. The body and mind have been initiated/transformed at this point. The Alchemist is illuminated, from the “sacrifice” of the Hanged Man. The Sun is directly behind his head and he has a single flame upon the crown of his head, just as the sun’s rays have a lamp at the end of each of its rays.

Im lost in regards the wings on his heels, though. All I can think of is Mercury/Hermes, the messenger of the gods.

Any thoughts on these symbols?
  Nau, I have no serious thoughts about this except this is my  favorite favorite card as far as beauty and colors, I just love it, and instinctively to me it represents pure love and pure kindness, generosity,  but that is without any serious study, just rapid instinct.   Shy
(05-11-2019, 11:49 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]  Nau, I have no serious thoughts about this except this is my  favorite favorite card as far as beauty and colors, I just love it, and instinctively to me it represents pure love and pure kindness, generosity,  but that is without any serious study, just rapid instinct.   Shy
Gosh to me it's kinda simple, maybe I'm missing the complexity??!! Haha. The wheel is the day to day grind but also randomness and magical synchronicity. To me it symbolizes time. First and foremost. Time us passing.....the body is the physical realm. So the saying s*** happens goes with this card well. The strength card is depicted by the female, wisdom of the earthy body realm in assimilating the wisdom of what time teaches us. That nothing is permanent etc....taking in the lessons from the material realm(wheel) we adapt, assimilate, and grow in the strength of that experience(strength). I think to remember the female figure of the strength card represents the body. There is something gained in the material mastery(taming of the lion)
Thank you Taralie! This is why I ask the forum if I’m having difficulty. Others may be able to see things that I do not Wink
(04-05-2019, 11:49 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I'm pushing this too far, but I would like to read your thoughts on this.  What motivates you to know more clearly why you are here?  Why do you seek wisdom and understanding?  Is there an inner reason for this which you can express?  What signals to you that this is a vital pursuit?

I've said this before, and possibly even to you, peregrine. But I see the archetypes as a way to learn how to communicate with ourselves and our higher selves on a deeper level. We don't have many words for metaphysical concepts, so to communicate with the deep mind, we must train ourselves to communicate in a different way. The tarot uses images. As we coordinate symbolism to language, and experiences/energy transfers, the richness of the archetypes begins to unfold and the "threnodies and joyful ditties" reveal themselves. The more you learn to discern each instrument in the orchestra, the level with which you appreciate the symphony deepen. Anyway, sorry to use metaphor and flowery language, but what one receives that is tangible is not much - it's more like what we receive from a good song that touches us on a deeply emotional level and resonates through our experience. A song can transport us through space and time to a location of ourselves in the past - basically, you know, causing a change in consciousness. Which is what magic is - the ability to change one's consciousness. The archetypes create a map of emotional resonance and experiential viewpoints so that the higher self can communicate with the conscious mind through symbolism to facilitate/encourage the appropriate change of consciousness.
(04-03-2019, 06:01 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ] 
I'm just curious, apart from going around and around and around and around about the details of these things, is there anything of deep or priceless value you hope to gain from contemplating these images?

Perhaps you would seek an inner poise that allows you to unite your "upper and lower" natures, that allows you the grace to be peaceable and forgiving in the face of the ferocity of primal catalyst?

peregrine, the entire line of inquiry that you pursue following this post belongs in its own thread, not this one. Yes, it is a question relevant to any inquiry into the archetypes, but it is too general for a thread this specific.
Pages: 1 2