Bring4th

Full Version: Definition of Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that this thread is necessary because the word is tossed around a lot. Being a devoted student of Law of One, I've read enough to see and understand that love, as we define it and use it as humans, is not the same the love spoken about by the Confederation.

Quote:27.13 ▶ Questioner: Is Love— is there a manifestation of love that we could call vibration?

Ra: I am Ra. Again we reach semantic difficulties. The vibration or density of love or understanding is not a term used in the same sense as the second distortion, Love; the distortion Love being the great activator and primal co-Creator of various creations using intelligent infinity; the vibration love being that density in which those who have learned to do an activity called “loving” without significant distortion, then seek the ways of light or wisdom. Thus in vibratory sense love comes into light in the sense of the activity of unity in its free will. Love uses light and has the power to direct light in its distortions. Thus vibratory complexes recapitulate in reverse the creation in its unity, thus showing the rhythm or flow of the great heartbeat, if you will use this analogy.

Quote:27.12 ▶ Questioner: I would like for you to define love in the sense— in its sense as the second distortion.

Ra: I am Ra. This must be defined against the background of intelligent infinity or unity or the One Creator with the primal distortion of free will. The term Love then may be seen as the focus, the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order which causes intelligent energy to be formed from the potential of intelligent infinity in just such and such a way. This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshiped as the Creator instead of unity or oneness from which all Loves emanate.
These two passages allude to love being something similar to chemistry. For example, adding one oxygen atom to two hydrogen atoms equals H2O, or water. Human love is an activity, a feeling or deep affection for something.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/i..._0606.aspx
Quote:Love, my brothers, is a most misunderstood term. The one known as Jesus said to you, “Not as the world gives, give I unto you.” And this is very true. As what you call human love expresses itself, it is, like the illusion, a process. It has a beginning and an end and from its creation to the destruction it may take down those who feel that this is love with it, so that they become indifferent and feel that love is not all that there is, is not “it.”

There is a love that is beautiful. It is not the human love, it is the love of the Creator. This love does not have limitation. It is not a process. It is simply the power that created you, the source from whence you came and the ending to which you are irresistibly drawn. And yet the end is the endless beginning. This is love.

It is impossible, and in no way expected, that you can tap into this love by pretending to on the human level. We have stressed meditation each time we have ever spoken with your group and this is because the source by which you can tap into that love is within you in a spot which is reached by stilling that process of your body and your mind which is occupying your attention. When your attention has been centered not on the outer or on the mental but on the inner planes, then the door may open and love may come to you. To touch base, as it were, like this, it is not necessary to take a great deal of time. It is necessary to do it only with regularity. With regularity, that pipeline will be opened and in your life you will see the results.
Of course the love of infinity is going to be greater than the love a seemingly finite energy can generate. Love as a feeling is transient. Love as a philosophy is far more enduring.
This is my opinion, I'll share the thought;

Light is everything, and Love is what keeps it in motion, it's the energy, the force, the creative principle, the mystery, the creator. They are one.
(05-18-2019, 05:36 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]This is my opinion, I'll share the thought;

Light is everything, and Love is what keeps it in motion, it's the energy, the force, the creative principle, the mystery, the creator. They are one.
You're right of course but this is the 1st distortion and not the 2nd. The 2nd distortion is human love and it is often misunderstood and incorrectly applied on this forum. The word is used a lot but what people do in the name of their love (and mistaking it to be the 1st distortion) is often contrary.
According to what I read (if I'm not mistaken), the first distortion is free will, the second is logos or love and the third is light. Although I think they are one and the same.
(05-18-2019, 05:54 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]According to what I read (if I'm not mistaken), the first distortion is free will, the second is logos or love and the third is light. Although I think they are one and the same.

I mean in the sense of the usage of the word love.
(05-18-2019, 05:57 PM)speedforce131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2019, 05:54 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]According to what I read (if I'm not mistaken), the first distortion is free will, the second is logos or love and the third is light. Although I think they are one and the same.

Sorry I don't understand. Can you elaborate? Smile
(05-18-2019, 04:20 PM)speedforce131 Wrote: [ -> ]We have stressed meditation each time we have ever spoken with your group and this is because the source by which you can tap into that love is within you in a spot which is reached by stilling that process of your body and your mind which is occupying your attention. When your attention has been centered not on the outer or on the mental but on the inner planes, then the door may open and love may come to you.

Such a cool quote, speedforce. Definitely that love felt in meditation is so serene and of such another subtle quality
(05-18-2019, 05:59 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2019, 05:57 PM)speedforce131 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry I don't understand. Can you elaborate? Smile
In short, there's two definitions of the word and I'm speaking of the 2nd definition and you're speaking of the 1st.
Are you sure? They seem the same to me..
(05-18-2019, 06:46 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? They seem the same to me..
No they are not and that is the point of this thread.

Quote:The vibration or density of love or understanding is not a term used in the same sense as the second distortion, Love