Bring4th

Full Version: A Song of Ice and Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**WARNING** Minor spoilers ahead. I tried to avoid spoilers but there may be some things in here from the final episode. Avoid this post if you don’t want ANy spoilers.

I absolutely love the A Song of Ice and Fire books and the TV show which is called “Game of Thrones.”

The long awaited finale episode premiered last night, and it was everything I could’ve hoped for. Many people are complaining about it but I see it as brilliant.

There was a major lesson to be learned from the long, long wars for the Iron Throne. No one is talking about or considering that it’s the average person who is being trampled on and degraded. He’s under rule of tyrants, one after the other.

Our queen broke my heart when she said people don’t get to choose what’s right, “I do. They don’t have a choice.”

Now I am sad because I look around at this earth and so many people fail to realize compassion. They think it’s silly. They prefer the drama, the wars, the death and destruction of countless people all over a chair made of iron and the “right” to be called “King” or “Queen”.

Does this not seem silly to you?

ASoIaF is a long series. The books are huge and they’re not even finished yet. We still have two more to go. The story arcs for certain major characters span the entire series. They’ve grown and matured to reach the point that they’re at now. It was all leading up to the roles which they now play. (I’m trying to avoid spoilers.) there’s a bigger picture here.

Something else that I think people forget is that George R.R. Martin, the author of the books, took part in the writing of the TV show. It’s his story and HBO, for the most part, followed it because it’s a brilliant story! They only edited the story because it’s far too long for a TV show.
So this was the ending that GRRM imagined. I fully support it.

**The final episode wrapped everything up beautifully. Westeros shall finally know peace under the rule of a fit King. King’s and Queen’s shall now be chosen by vote from the rulers of the respective six kingdoms. They showed a scene of the king’s Council meeting up to discuss things, and they were discussing rebuilding the city, cleaning up the waterways to promote a healthy population...

It just saddens me that so many people are unsatisfied with peace. Thank you for listening. I had to get that off my chest.

What did you think of the final episode?
Haven't watched it yet. Now, I can't wait BigSmile

Thanks for not too many spoilers. By what you shared I believe I will enjoy it very much. Daenerys had to be stopped after the previous episode
(05-20-2019, 08:51 AM)RitaJC Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't watched it yet. Now, I can't wait BigSmile

Thanks for not too many spoilers. By what you shared I believe I will enjoy it very much. Daenerys had to be stopped after the previous episode

Tell me what you think after you watch it!

I’ll put a warning up just in case people want to avoid ALL spoilers but I tried my best to not give anything away ><
(05-20-2019, 08:21 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]They showed a scene of the king’s Council meeting up to discuss things, and they were discussing rebuilding the city, cleaning up the waterways to promote a healthy population...

Technically, the only fundings allowed in that scene are for rebuilding the brothels.
Nau, you made me smile... I am a very late comer to the GOT. I can’t say that I shall have the courage to go beyond middle of season 3 which is where I am, but I watched of final season the great dark battle which i thought was visually so dark and beautiful, very much like a Rembrandt or Breughel suddenly animated... Wink. And I watched the last episode which I thought was so beautiful visually and also the end of the precedent one.
I loved what the dragon did...

I am mostly taken by the incredible beauty of anything visual.. for me violence is ...bit difficult to watch, lol. Wonderful actors. Thank you for your post. I hope Minyatur is wrong... BigSmile
If you liked it, why the thumbs down?  BigSmile
(05-20-2019, 10:14 AM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]If you liked it, why the thumbs down?  BigSmile

Yeah, I got confused as well
You both are asking me right ?   I think I am such a sap,  I am like, ok not sure I have the courage to get through lots more battles.   Confused

I have four and a half seasons more to go, perhaps watching like one a year to breathe in between ??  That takes me like to end of 2023, I might be dead by then Sad
(05-20-2019, 05:48 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]You both are asking me right ?   I think I am such a sap,  I am like, ok not sure I have the courage to get through lots more battles.   Confused

I have four and a half seasons more to go, perhaps watching like one a year to breathe in between ??  That takes me like to end of 2023, I might be dead by then Sad

I meant the thumbs down in the title of the thread. BigSmile

Though show's really not easy to digest I agree on that!
Only request Nau,

Bran, lose that hair cut. Seriously.
Honestly, parts of GoT was a little traumatic. So much tragedy and torture! I was happy with the last episode in that I feel like things were put right to an extent. Maybe fate does exist in their universe.
(05-20-2019, 06:50 PM)blossom Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2019, 05:48 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]You both are asking me right ?   I think I am such a sap,  I am like, ok not sure I have the courage to get through lots more battles.   Confused

I meant the thumbs down in the title of the thread. BigSmile

Yeah, that was my question as well.

(05-20-2019, 09:23 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me what you think after you watch it!

I’ll put a warning up just in case people want to avoid ALL spoilers but I tried my best to not give anything away ><

I liked the finale, very deep and professional, and hopeful (except for the one who had to make the impossible but unavoidable choice, no, even for him)
I must have accidentally put a thumbs down! I didn’t even see it that I did that lol.

The cruelty in the show and books can be hard to bear because it’s so ruthless. Have you gotten to the story arc with Ramsay Snow? He is an absolutely (I mean it) evil person. He’s right up there with Joffrey.

Definitely my favorite part of the final episode is what Drogon did.

Has anyone read the books?! I think the books are much, much better than the TV show. There are many story elements that aren’t included in the show. Did you know that Daenerys actually has silver hair and violet eyes? This is how she looks in my mind from reading the books:

[Image: 1546179_711747262234609_2208130333523006864_n.jpg]

So even though the TV show is finally finished, the books are not and the journey will continue Smile major story elements that aren’t in the show... Euron had a magical horn he acquired from his adventures that was used to control dragons from ancient Valyria. Last I read in the books, he was on his way to find Daenerys...