Bring4th

Full Version: Censorship & Free Speech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was recently brought to my attention that David Icke was denied a visa into Australia for his planned speaking tour. I don't follow the news so I am not that informed, but I did read a couple of articles (one is posted below).

And I have heard David Icke speak on youtube and other places. Icke speaks about many things, and it SEEMS like his opposition is zeroing in on one thing only and that may be a misinterpretation. 

I've never heard Icke use "hate speech," only that he challenges the status quo and his research takes him down rabbit holes most of us don't go down. I know a man here in AZ who has a trust fund and doesn't have to work. He has run for office many times trying to get in to make a difference, because he does extensive research into government inconsistencies and cover-ups—and to some people he is nuts because they have no exposure to this kind of thing.

It seems to me this is a flagrant censorship of free speech. I would like others' takes on this—I admittedly don't know the whole story. 

Quote:He believes September 11 was an inside job, the world is controlled by alien lizards and that Jews funded the Holocaust.

But controversial British conspiracy theorist David Icke will not be able to spread his out-there thoughts Down Under because Immigration Minister David Coleman has cancelled his visa.

As first reported by Sky News, the visa cancellation means Mr Icke will be unable to conduct his planned speaking tour of Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart and Sydney next month.

Mr Icke ripped into the Australian Government when he learnt the news this afternoon.

“What have these idiots done?” he told AAP from the United States.

“Coleman is a coward. He has the backbone of a jellyfish. What is the idiot doing? He’s proving me right.

“He has insulted every Australian man, woman and child. He’s insulted their right to the most basic freedom, which is the freedom to choose what they hear.”
It is understood Mr Icke’s visa was cancelled on character grounds.

Dvir Abramovich, chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission, which launched the campaign to revoke Mr Icke’s visa, praised the Immigration Minister for the decision.

“Bravo Minister Coleman for heeding our call and for declaring in a loud voice that anti-Semites and Holocaust deniers will never find a home in Australia,” Dr Abramovich said in a statement.

“This was a defining moment for who we are as a nation, and we salute the government for taking a clear-eyed and moral stance in rejecting hate and incitement.
“Allowing Icke into our country would have crossed red lines and would have sent the message that it is open season on the Jewish community and that vilifying and maligning Australian Jews is OK and normal.

“This is a glorious victory for all Australians who believe in the core values of respect and tolerance.”

Mr Icke, a former footballer and broadcaster, made headlines as a doomsday prophet in the 1990s when he declared the British royal family were part of a reptilian bloodline and plans were afoot to establish world domination by a hidden “elite”.

Mr Icke believes there are reptile hybrids embedded in Australia’s wealthy political class but has declined to name names.

“(Reptilians) are everywhere in positions of real power,” he said today before it was revealed his visa had been cancelled.

Federal Labor candidate Josh Burns wrote to the Immigration Minister in late January asking for Mr Icke’s visa to be cancelled.

“Mr Icke promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and has an extensive history of spreading hate,” the ALP candidate for Macnamara wrote.

Today, Mr Burns on welcomed the news “the minister has finally backed down and reversed his decision to grant David Icke a visa”.

“Neo-Nazis recently marching in St Kilda should be enough of a reminder that we don’t need Mr Icke’s ugly hate coming to our proudly multicultural Australia,” he told AAP in a statement.

Labor immigration spokesman Shayne Neumann was also pleased Mr Icke had been barred.

“Labor welcomes the fact that the government did what we called on them to do and refused David Icke’s visa application,” Mr Neumann said.

“It’s up to Immigration Minister David Coleman to explain who he lets into Australia and how his decisions meet community standards and expectations.
“We would have been concerned if Immigration Minister David Coleman granted a visa to anyone who intends to vilify a segment of the Australian community or sow dangerous seeds of disunity.”

Mr Icke has repeatedly denied he is anti-Semitic or a Holocaust denier.

Mr Coleman’s office declined to comment.

— with AAP

David Icke Banned article
The idea of the government weighing in on one's character as a basis to deny or grant services is preposterous.
(05-25-2019, 02:35 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of the government weighing in on one's character as a basis to deny or grant services is preposterous.

I agree. And that was the official reason for denial of the visa—"character."
The words "Free Speech" and "Freedom" are just that... words. They exist in the mind and have many interpretations that vary according to the consciousness that is using them. Where the Reality sets in is when one attempts to assert whatever meaning they attach to their concept of same to their situation in 3D. An individual is sure to discover the "limits" of those words when attempting to apply their interpretation in the presence of "power".

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master"... George Washington

The above is attributed to Washington, whether he said it or not, it applies. David Icke is being reminded of this "lesson" in his attempt to visit Australia. He's a sharp fellow, and is well aware of the reality vs. illusion of "feel good" words like Free Speech and Freedom.