Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual passion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Lately I feel numbed, like I'm losing my passion for spirituality. Whenever I get passionate spiritually, catalyst is waiting at my doorstep, just to knock me hard to the ground.
And I don't know if it's maybe not as good to be passionate spiritually, or if on the contrary it actually is as catalyst provides growth.. I don't know.

Is there such a thing as spiritual passion? Is it good for spiritual work and growth?

Thank you.
Heart
(06-19-2019, 01:35 PM)ada Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

Lately I feel numbed, like I'm losing my passion for spirituality. Whenever I get passionate spiritually, catalyst is waiting at my doorstep, just to knock me hard to the ground.
And I don't know if it's maybe not as good to be passionate spiritually, or if on the contrary it actually is as catalyst provides growth.. I don't know.

Is there such a thing as spiritual passion? Is it good for spiritual work and growth?

Thank you.
Heart

Sorry you're feeling a little knocked down at times.
I do think it's a natural thing to be passionate about a spiritual life. I also think it's how we apply our passion that counts most.
When I hear you say I have passion I think...Ada has passion for The Creator (who is also Ada). Isn't that lovely? I think it's a lovely way to feel and be.
Make sure when you feel a little low to nuture yourself. Perhaps your heart is opening fuller and when you experience something that doesn't feel so good you really feel it now. Could that be a possibility?
I'll send you love and light. Don't lose traction my friend!
Maybe.. it just feels like being passionate isn't balanced..? I know this can't be it, but it's just too odd. I can be numb and nothing happens, normal daily routine, sleeping and doing nothing, over and over. Then if I get passionate and feel like my heart is opening, something almost immediatly happens. It's quite frustrating. Once I wanted signs that spirit exists and now I just want peace, it's too much. Sad

Thank you.
Heart

I think that passion is what drives us through life and what makes it have true meaning. However, if your mind has somehow associated your passion with pain, then it's perfectly understandable that you'd feel doubtful about it. Would this catalyst be lessened in intensity if you stopped being passionate? I think one of the greatest advantages of spirituality and faith is that they allow us the possibility of looking at harsh catalyst from a more positive standpoint, even if it's only very very slightly so. Perhaps a different perspective would help when processing that catalyst?

On the other hand, I think it's perfectly natural to sometimes take a break from spirituality, if that is what you feel to need; to just look at the world as is, and then come back to spirituality and pick up where we left off.
Ada, I too will send you love. We do feel tired at times, but it doesn't mean our passion disappears, it just means as kristina said, we may need to nurture ourself. Think how much we are secretly protected, feel how much life is most probably planned by you with the right amount of catalysts, think how courageous you in fact are Wink

Thank you.
Heart

I hear ya, i have a passion to get back to my spiritual roots. But then these medical problems crop up. I figure its a catalyst, but i'm not quite sure how to use it.
(06-19-2019, 05:51 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Ada, I too will send you love.   We do feel tired at times, but it doesn't mean our passion disappears, it just means as kristina said, we may need to nurture ourself.  Think how much we are secretly protected, feel how much life is most probably planned by you with the right amount of catalysts,  think how courageous you in fact are   Wink

Oh excellent point Flofrog about the protection! I agree with the planning as well. How encouraging Flofrog!. I'm using this one for myself along with Ada!
Thank you Ada for starting this thread. I've already received a couple blessings from it.
I think it's great to have a passion. It's something you feel personaly attracted to and devote your life. It gives you a purpose. It's the area where you can serve the most ...

It's good to have passion as primary occupation in life but it also has to be in balance with other things like sleeping, nutrition, health, relationship, momentary needs ... Yes, it's possible a passion can be out of balance. It's written somewhere in the Book of proverbs: "If you find honey, don't eat too much, or it will make you throw up."
These experiences are common to spiritual seeking. Sometimes we feel like we are in the dry arid desert, sometimes we feel to be on a mountain top.

One way to keep your attention focused and enthusiastic is to introduce a sense of novelty into your study and practice. Change things up a bit! Just this year I have started to employ contemplative meditations. So much has opened up to me because of that. I now have a few projects planned for this summer. I have plenty of work and it excites me!

I have also felt very “unspiritual” when dealing with some life catalyst. I had to focus on that. That’s what was important. After dealing with that I returned to my spiritual study and practice with a fresh mind. (I didn’t stop completely. It’s just that my mind was focused on the catalyst and lessons in front of me. I shortened my meditations when I was feeling down and “unspiritual”.)

If that is how you’re feeling, I’d suggest to take some time for yourself. Self-care is important. It’s the prerequisite to service-to-others. We have to be well with ourselves first. That’s not a bad thing either.