Bring4th

Full Version: Seven Rays: LOO Vs. Traditional Esoteric Sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't study in depth the subject of the seven rays in traditional esoteric sources. But, reading this article, seems the qualities of the rays are more distorted in comparison of Ra's teachings (Assuming of course that are the same rays):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_rays

What do you think?

My personal view is once everything is one, the universe should have holographic and fractal nature. So, the hermetic principle of correspondence (as within, so without; as without, so within) should be real. With this in mind, the characteristics of the chakras and densities are the characteristic of the seven cosmic rays.

Red-Ray: Foundation
Orange-Ray: Growth
Yellow-Ray: Self-Awareness
Green-Ray: Love
Blue-Ray: Wisdom
Indigo-Ray: Power
Violet-Ray: Consciouness

The least distorted book I found about the seven rays out of L/L Research sources, is a book called "The Seven Mansions of Color" by Alex Jones (if someone desire the book I can post the link to download).
As far as I'm aware - the 7 Rays come primarily from the Alice Bailey tradition. At least as it's best known in modern times.

The main distortion - as I see it - is that in that philosophy, the emphasis is very much on gaining personal power, and demonstrating this through the phenomena of siddhi's (spiritual abilities).

Ra's conception of the energy centers is more based on Acceptance and psychology. Spiritual abilities also come (to the adept), but all in due time. It's not the focus.

The esoteric tradition holds some kind of implied promise that you'll be some kind of bad ar$e dude (or lady) at the end of whatever course you take. Almost like becoming a spiritual bikie, and hitting the road on your Harley.

I knew someone who was inside that tradition (as a teacher), and they were aware of the Law of One as well. But there was no easy overlap between the 7 Rays (of Alice Bailey), and the red to violet rays of Ra.
(08-22-2019, 06:05 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I'm aware - the 7 Rays come primarily from the Alice Bailey tradition.

In the really, is much older, as written in the link I posted. Bailey is one of most recent author about the subject.

Here a link with the rays in the Bailey's vision: https://www.sevenray.org/seven-rays.html

(08-22-2019, 06:05 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]The main distortion - as I see it - is that in that philosophy, the emphasis is very much on gaining personal power, and demonstrating this through the phenomena of siddhi's (spiritual abilities).

The most of contemporary magical systems is about gaining power. They ignore the aspects of love and wisdom to balance with power.

(08-22-2019, 06:05 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra's conception of the energy centers is more based on Acceptance and psychology. Spiritual abilities also come (to the adept), but all in due time. It's not the focus.

Yes. In the really, that's the only vision which makes sense. Once the energy centers are parts of one thing, we can't penetrate a higher center before the basis be builded.

(08-22-2019, 06:05 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I knew someone who was inside that tradition (as a teacher), and they were aware of the Law of One as well. But there was no easy overlap between the 7 Rays (of Alice Bailey), and the red to violet rays of Ra.

As I said above, we need to use the hermetic principle of conrresponce to correct "overlap", as you call this. So, for example, the green-ray is always about love and healing. I don't think LOO is the less distorted because the source itself, but because makes more sense. Mainly if compared with hindu sources, the less distorted sources after LOO.
The Ra Material seems to offer a less distorted vision of spiritual reality compared to many other sources. I generally think that the 7 ray/chakra system approaches the reality. It works.

You guys are absolutely right in that the esoteric traditions largely focus on the gaining of personal power. I see talk about wisdom and understanding but hardly do I ever encounter anyone taking about the importance of the heart! On the Tree of Life, I would correspond the heart to Tiphareth, beauty/love. One cannot get to the Father but through the Son (Tiphareth).

There are many variations of correspondences for the chakras, rays, Sephiroth etc. I tend to stick with Ra’s 7-rays because it makes the most sense to me. I like the way you have classified the rays into meanings. I see the rays/chakras as areas of consciousness. The heart is at the center of the 7-chakra system and it is at the center of the Tree of Life. Thus, it is central to our spiritual evolution.
(08-22-2019, 08:56 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I like the way you have classified the rays into meanings.

Supposing you was talking about me, I still have doubts. For example, do you see violet-ray as consciousness? And the meanings and characteristic of each ray are varied. For example, green-ray can be love but healing as well. Indigo-ray can be power, faith, will, magic, etc. Would be interesting your view about each ray.
[/quote]
Quote:I see the rays/chakras as areas of consciousness. The heart is at the center of the 7-chakra system and it is at the center of the Tree of Life. Thus, it is central to our spiritual evolution.
Same here regarding seeing the 7 centers as areas of consciousness and I love how the green ray is at the center of the Tree of Life and your final sentence. Makes perfect sense!
(08-22-2019, 09:46 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 08:56 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I like the way you have classified the rays into meanings.

Supposing you was talking about me, I still have doubts. For example, do you see violet-ray as consciousness? And the meanings and characteristic of each ray are varied. For example, green-ray can be love but healing as well. Indigo-ray can be power, faith, will, magic, etc. Would be interesting your view about each ray.
It would be difficult for the unconscious entity to have personal power, perform magik, have faith or to even be able to contemplate what Will is, what it does and how it works for us. Perhaps the unconscious entity can describe faith and may at times have faith but to live life in faith is that of the entity that is conscious.
In my understanding, each ray is touched by the experience and is only stopped where the entity has conscious work to do in balancing of that particular energy center.
Also, even in nature the rocks (1st density) have a certain amount of consciousness.
(08-22-2019, 02:30 PM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]

It would be difficult for the unconscious entity to have personal power, perform magik, have faith or to even be able to contemplate what Will is, what it does and how it works for us. Perhaps the unconscious entity can describe faith and may at times have faith but to live life in faith is that of the entity that is conscious.
In my understanding, each ray is touched by the experience and is only stopped where the entity has conscious work to do in balancing of that particular energy center.
Also, even in nature the rocks (1st density) have a certain amount of consciousness.

In the really, I'm talking about consciousness in terms of attribute, not concept. The Cosmic Consciousness, this is, Intelligent Infinity.
(08-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]My personal view is once everything is one, the universe should have  holographic and fractal nature. So, the hermetic principle of correspondence (as within, so without; as without, so within) should be real. With this in mind, the characteristics of the chakras and densities are the characteristic of the seven cosmic rays.

This is probably the clearest distillation offered by Ra, regards the Journey of the Soul.

From 49.6:

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

/ /

It's quite possible that the above wording is quite specific to 3rd density, and speak to the 7 sub densities (of 3d).

After all they used the word 'survival' in reference to red ray, and yet - would Survival be the best word for red ray in first density? Or 6th density?

So you've chosen the concept of Foundation which Ra also used for red ray. That is perhaps a broader generalisation.
(08-22-2019, 09:46 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]/... /And the meanings and characteristic of each ray are varied. For example, green-ray can be love but healing as well. Indigo-ray can be power, faith, will, magic, etc. Would be interesting your view about each ray.

Things like forgiveness and healing are implicit in (universal) love.

I think there is a different take on indigo for lhp/rhp. Rhp uses it for union with the Creator (Supreme self) while lhp uses it for magnification of the (egoic) self. That's why faith/superpowers can be in forefront.

Personal power in group is yellow ray.
loo - thanks for that
I always trip over the word power

Power implies over something, why would I want to infringe? Pushing my will over others.
Maybe that’s just my distorted take but I couldn’t proceed in the shamanic stuff for that reason.
Union is more where my seeking leads me, thank you for filling in that gap
Makes more sense to me
(08-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]My personal view is once everything is one, the universe should have  holographic and fractal nature. So, the hermetic principle of correspondence (as within, so without; as without, so within) should be real. With this in mind, the characteristics of the chakras and densities are the characteristic of the seven cosmic rays.

This is probably the clearest distillation offered by Ra, regards the Journey of the Soul.

From 49.6:

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

/ /

It's quite possible that the above wording is quite specific to 3rd density, and speak to the 7 sub densities (of 3d).

After all they used the word 'survival' in reference to red ray, and yet - would Survival be the best word for red ray in first density? Or 6th density?

So you've chosen the concept of Foundation which Ra also used for red ray. That is perhaps a broader generalisation.

Quote:From 49.6:

Yes this is what I was referring to. Not as a "concept" but rather how it works. Thanks for posting 49.6 this is my exact understanding.
(08-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]After all they used the word 'survival' in reference to red ray, and yet - would Survival be the best word for red ray in first density? Or 6th density?

I think is the best word to third density. Survival is the basic or the foundation level of a third density entity. The first concern it's just survive.

(08-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]So you've chosen the concept of Foundation which Ra also used for red ray. That is perhaps a broader generalisation.

Yes, I chose the word "foundation" to the red-ray in a general way (that's my approach to the rays here) because it's the ray which all the experiences are accented in all the levels:

Quote:Firstly, the basic energy of so-called red ray. This ray may be understood to be the basic strengthening ray for each density. It shall never be condescended to as less important or productive of spiritual evolution, for it is the foundation ray.
(39.10)

Quote:Red ray is the foundation;
(41.25)

Quote:The only specific part of this correctness is that the red-ray or foundation energy center
(50.2)

[/quote]

(08-23-2019, 01:49 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]Things like forgiveness and healing are implicit in (universal) love.

Yes. And in many sources is spoke that the heart chakra is the chakra which the healer use to heal.

(08-23-2019, 01:49 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a different take on indigo for lhp/rhp. Rhp uses it for union with the Creator (Supreme self) while lhp uses it for magnification of the (egoic) self. That's why faith/superpowers can be in forefront.

Yes. The characteristic of each ray not necessarily deal with polarity, but is just the structure of the color. However, as Ra said, STS path ignores green and blue rays due its characteristic.

(08-23-2019, 01:49 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]Personal power in group is yellow ray.

Yes, I used the word "self-awareness" to yellow-ray but personal power in groups is another characteristic of this ray.

Thanks for your view guys.

This is the way I see the rays, keywords and concepts:

1st Red-ray: bass of spine or feet, survivability, base instincts, elements, physical body
2nd Orange-Ray: generative organs, emotions, feelings, self in relation to self, Yesod, the Moon
3rd Yellow-ray: solar plexus, groups, society, self in relation to groups, the intellect, the power of Choice, free will, the Sun
4th Green-ray: the heart, love, compassion, forgiveness, understanding, the universal, beauty, Christ, receptivity, healing, the Sun/Son
5th Blue-Ray: throat, communication, discernment, wisdom, honesty, truthfulness, knowledge
6th Indigo-Ray: third eye/brow, the adept, work in consciousness, unity, magick, The Gateway to Intelligent Infinity, creativity, the higher self, individuality,
7th Violet-Ray: the Crown, the totality of our being, Kether, the divine spark, God-Buddha consciousness,
(08-23-2019, 09:13 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]This is the way I see the rays, keywords and concepts:

1st Red-ray: bass of spine or feet, survivability, base instincts, elements, physical body
2nd Orange-Ray: generative organs, emotions, feelings, self in relation to self, Yesod, the Moon
3rd Yellow-ray: solar plexus, groups, society, self in relation to groups, the intellect, the power of Choice, free will, the Sun
4th Green-ray: the heart, love, compassion, forgiveness, understanding, the universal, beauty, Christ, receptivity, healing, the Sun/Son
5th Blue-Ray: throat, communication, discernment, wisdom, honesty, truthfulness, knowledge
6th Indigo-Ray: third eye/brow, the adept, work in consciousness, unity, magick, The Gateway to Intelligent Infinity, creativity, the higher self, individuality,
7th Violet-Ray: the Crown, the totality of our being, Kether, the divine spark, God-Buddha consciousness,

I think the same. Thanks a lot.
(08-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]Red-Ray: Foundation

For what it's worth, it strikes me--aesthetically speaking--that there's something missing from this summation, something having to do with an implied transformation from ordinary self to a state where much of "self as we know it" is sacrificed..  That is, this chart makes it look like these are stages of progression for an egoic entity, whereas my reading of the Ra stuff is that as one becomes seated in the higher rays, one relinquishes much of the personality and moves into a zone where power is not personal power, consciousness is not personal consciousness, etc.  Ego identification does not disappear entirely, of course, but it recedes into the background as the spiritual gravity becomes more intense.

I suppose this just muddies the water, but it might hint at some nuance you may wish to include somehow.....or not.

(08-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]Yellow-Ray: Self-Awareness

Yes. I'm wondering if you had further thoughts on this.

Self-awareness in the context of recognising other's self awareness?

In the same way that a pet becomes individuated from the animal group mind.

I think there is some aspect of relationships which plays into the generalisation of yellow ray.

In a negative yellow ray, this would be hierarchical relationships (like in an army - top down orders, disobeying means punishment).

In a positive yellow ray, these would be peer-to-peer, relationships of equality. In the same way that torrents are seeded, and everyone becomes a node in the network. A flat structure, in other words.

But either way, yellow ray is about relating to the other self, through the context of the self.

Ra also said (in the context of energy transfers) that the rays have a vastly different meaning in the next density. (32.8)

So maybe there are limits to this generalisation. Or rather: the most general concept becomes highly specific once it's placed within the context that you're looking at.

Anyway - just thinking out aloud  Smile
I want to add a bit of my personal impression of 4th green ray, as the “firepower”, the “initiative” to get things done, a call to action.

“...For the principle of Jesus the Christ is the principle of divine love, a fiery and creative principle that makes things happen, that renews minds, souls and hearts and gives them strength for service. ...”. from A Book of Days, 0805

From urbandictionary.com, initiative “Having the intelligence to act without the instruction of others.”
(08-24-2019, 09:24 AM)Highrculling Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add a bit of my personal impression of 4th green ray, as the “firepower”, the “initiative” to get things done, a call to action.

“...For the principle of Jesus the Christ is the principle of divine love, a fiery and creative principle that makes things happen, that renews minds, souls and hearts and gives them strength for service. ...”.  from A Book of Days, 0805

From urbandictionary.com, initiative “Having the intelligence to act without the instruction of others.”

I would call this "heroic".

Jesus' version of Golden rule is active (positive).
(08-24-2019, 06:23 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Self-awareness in the context of recognising other's self awareness?

In third density means that. But, it's the only ray I didn't found a general word or characteristic. Have you some suggestion?

(08-24-2019, 06:23 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra also said (in the context of energy transfers) that the rays have a vastly different meaning in the next density. (32.8)

Yes, but do you think, for example, that green-ray can be something other than love in other densities?

For this reason I'm seeking the most general characteristic for these rays. However, there are limits in the language to express these concepts.
(08-24-2019, 09:07 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]In third density means that. But, it's the only ray I didn't found a general word or characteristic. Have you some suggestion?

Maybe the concept of 'Affinity'?

Affinity could translate into many different contexts.

In 3d, affinity is attracting like to like, in relationships.

In 4d, affinity is the structure of social memory complexes, and attracting like to like, in understandings and experience.

Just a thought  Smile

Quote:Yes, but do you think, for example, that green-ray can be something other than love in other densities?

The word love serves so many different roles!

Ra themselves made mention of this, when clarifying contexts.

Love, as in heart chakra (4th ray)
Love, as the density of understanding (4th density)
Love, as the Second Distortion (after the Law of free will)

Compassion quite often goes along with Love. But it also has a slightly different slant on it.

I get your question though.
(08-25-2019, 02:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the concept of 'Affinity'?

Good word.

Reading this answer of Latwii, I found the word "interactions" as a good resume of yellow ray:

Quote:I am Latwii, and we greet each through this instrument. The yellow-ray energy center conditions those experiences which have to do with other selves, numbering more than two. In the yellow ray there is the capacity to take in those configurations of energy which express complex arrangements of interactions. We will find these arrangements embodied in institutions and in practices and more intimately in attitudes that come out of these institutions and practices. So that it is with respect to the attitudes that the more immediate work is accomplished, when working in yellow ray.

Source: https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issue..._0615.aspx

(08-25-2019, 02:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]The word love serves so many different roles!

I spoke "love" as the fourth vibrational level. It's related with heart chakra, higher astral plane and fourth density.

Thanks for your answer! You always help me a lot!
Yes - interactions is definitely a good theme.

Like the interface between the inner and the outer.
I found this useful.

Quote:41.25 Questioner: Why are the red, yellow, and blue energy centers called primary centers? I think from the previous material I understand this, but is there some tracing of these primary colors back to intelligent infinity that is more profound than what you have given us?

Ra: I am Ra. We cannot say what may seem profound to an entity. The red, yellow, and blue rays are primary because they signify activity of a primary nature.

Red ray is the foundation; orange ray the movement towards yellow ray which is the ray of self-awareness and interaction. Green ray is the movement through various experiences of energy exchanges having to do with compassion and all-forgiving love to the primary blue ray which is the first ray of radiation of self regardless of any actions from another.

The green-ray entity is ineffectual in the face of blockage from other-selves. The blue-ray entity is a co-Creator. This may perhaps simply be a restatement of previous activity, but if you consider the function of the Logos as representative of the Infinite Creator in effectuating the knowing of the Creator by the Creator you may perhaps see the steps by which this may be accomplished.

May we ask for one final full question before we leave this working?

Quote:90.10 Questioner: Well, within Ra’s knowledge of third-density physical forms, what percentage would be similar enough to this planet’s physical form that we would assume the entity to be human even though they were a bit different? This would have to be very rough because of my definition being very rough.

Ra: I am Ra. This percentage is still small; perhaps thirteen to fifteen percent due to the capabilities of various second-density life forms to carry out each necessary function for third-density work. Thusly to be observed would be behavior indicating self-consciousness and purposeful interaction with a sentient ambiance about the entity rather than those characteristics which familiarly connote to your peoples the humanity of your third-density form.
I wanted to add something about the Violet-ray / 7th Chakra. It denotes pure consciousness. “I AM.” Studying on the Tree of Life, it is the basis of existence. It is the divine spark, that center of pure consciousness. It is.
(10-04-2019, 09:48 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to add something about the Violet-ray / 7th Chakra. It denotes pure consciousness. “I AM.” Studying on the Tree of Life, it is the basis of existence. It is the divine spark, that center of pure consciousness. It is.

Do you think the "I AM" and divine spark are the same as Atman? Also, do you think Atman is the same as which Ra calls spirit?

And Ra said that:

Quote:The origin of all energy is the action of free will upon love. The nature of all energy is light. The means of its ingress into the mind/body/spirit complex is duple.

Firstly, there is the inner light which is Polaris of the self, the guiding star. This is the birthright and true nature of all entities. This energy dwells within.
(54.27)

Is there some relationship between Atman, that energy and violet-ray?