Bring4th

Full Version: Lost in space...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
new to this forum - which is strange, given that I first came across the Ra material some three decades ago.
I just recently started rereading The Law of One, bringing my focus back to the teachings of these dense(!) books.

I actually have no idea whether I am a wanderer or not. There is certainly that feeling of "alienation," of not belonging, of being occupied with subjects you can share with no one. That's primarily why I am here, I suppose, in order to be able to share strange thoughts with likeminded people.

For some reason I have never ever gotten around to doing serious meditation. There is always an excuse to push it into the future. But I feel the pressure building, what with all the extreme earth changes and the dysfunctional leaders of several superpowers.

I'll be hanging around.

Blessings to you all!
(08-24-2019, 02:37 PM)@phelion Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I have never ever gotten around to doing serious meditation. There is always an excuse to push it into the future. But I feel the pressure building, what with all the extreme earth changes and the dysfunctional leaders of several superpowers.

Hi there in Norway - and glad to have you on board  Angel

And wow. Three decades is a long time to have come across this material. Pre-internet  Smile

On the subject of meditation - if you are looking for motivation - then one book set my mind on fire.

It's called Zen and the Brain and is written from a very scientific, objective viewpoint as to the discernible effects of meditation.

Very short chapters - and gives you something to chew on (mentally) when it comes to approaching this kind of practice.

The author was a neurologist.

But all the details are enough to convince anyone. At least in my opinion  BigSmile

Best wishes!
I humbly thank you for the tip, Plenum! I'll be sure to pick it up "instantly," as I have also recently discovered the wonderful world of Kindle - saves both environment, money - and eyesight!

And yea, at the same time I fondly remember those days when we physically(!) went treasure-hunting at HMV, Barnes and Noble and several "obscure" bookstores. I actually believe I picked up The Ra material at a B&N in London back in the early nineties.

Nowadays everything is available to everyone all the time, and that is both a boon and a curse.

I feel I am going to like it here - I have long missed the opportunity to mingle with and share laughs and sorrows with dedicated, loving earth-dwellers.

Blessings,
@phelion
It's always great to hear stories like that.  I've heard a few of them over the years (like someone stumbling across a tattered print of the Law of One in an old San Francisco bookstore).

The Truth finds a way BigSmile

And certainly.  Community is great!  Although the digital form can only go so far, unfortunately.

Best Thoughts --
Welcome phelion. Smile

The world has certainly become more "ramped up" in recent years. Everyone is busier than ever; there are electrical signals bouncing all over the place; everyone is doing everything (as one example, it used to be you had to find a publisher to author a book—now there are literally millions of self-published books). It seems increasingly difficult to stay centered. Things are getting more and more complicated with more and more technologies rolling out daily. 

So, not resisting the world and what it is, and finding a way to stay centered in the "storm" is definitely a good thing. Meditation does not have to be done necessarily sitting in lotus position. A form of meditation is to just be in the present with a one-pointed focus, such as walking alone in nature (without talking on a cell phone—I see people all the time in my area who ride their horses while talking on their phones), or doing something creative like painting or composing music where you get lost in it and lose track of the 3D world for a time. 
Excactly.
Fortunately, I live in a very rural area, and the lush hills and forests are just five footsteps away! It has never even entered my mind to bring/use a cellphone whether I am walking or running - kind of spoils the whole point.

As I understand it, most of the world's geniuses have come up with all their greatest ideas when in some form of motion -it certainly applies to me….(!) When walking in nature, I can actually physically feel my mind expand and breathe, and the palette of my thoughts become more inspired and intense.

Coming from a strict Christian upbringing, I was early on programmed to accept all forms of "unconscious" meditation as "sin," and a gateway to devilish influence. At an early age, I therefore decided to be "extra-conscious" when awake, to always try and put a very much rational-spiritual filter onto my experience. "Be in this world but not of it" can only take you so far, it seems.

Blessed be - Namasté