Bring4th

Full Version: Little bird needs a little light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found a little bird in my backyard yesterday who's head was stuck in my birdfeeder. I got him out but he had been there for a while. I cleaned him up and made a little slurry out of mashed sunflower seed, cooked brown rice and filtered water. Little thing is eating, drinking and gathering strength. He sure could use a little light and some love. His tiny little legs are under himself BUT! I have been giving him the best of what I think is PT for birdies. I've been moving his little legs around and he finally perched a little on my finger. I have made him a nice little bed with a ceramic space heater with a thermostat as I don't think he can generate his own heat very well. I have it set at 75 degrees at night and a little lower in the day. He's so tiny! I hope someone sees this post and sends this little fellow a little light so he can be released to enjoy his 2nd density life with his friends.
I love small things. My Flim is rather small too.
Sending blessings.
I will certainly send some to your bird friend. Glad you found him when you did that sounds like a rough way to go. I found one in a fence that way. Didn’t look pleasant.

Must be the season, I just ended up this evening with a baby bunny. Looks about 6 days old so who knows it’s chances but
it crawled blind out of its den, other baby bunnies dead cold and covered in white bugs so this one is with me till it can either manage on its own or leaves its incarnation at least it won’t be lying it’s cold den with dead bodies.
(08-29-2019, 08:48 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I will certainly send some to your bird friend. Glad you found him when you did that sounds like a rough way to go. I found one in a fence that way. Didn’t look pleasant.

Must be the season, I just ended up this evening with a baby bunny. Looks about 6 days old so who knows it’s chances but
it crawled blind out of its den, other baby bunnies dead cold and covered in white bugs so this one is with me till it can either manage on its own or leaves its incarnation at least it won’t be lying it’s cold den with dead bodies.

Oh God Glow! How adorable! Are you giving the little fellow replacement milk? I will send you friend love and light too.
Your picture is so cute. It made me smile first thing this morning. So sweet... Heart
I raised a wild bunny we called him Jessy Earl (lol) he grew so fast! Once he got his legs it was hard to keep him in a big box, so we caged him until we knew for sure he could run to get away from predators. I own two meat rabits I bought to save them from being eaten. We built them a beautiful two story condo, we just finished a new ramp for them one that I can remove by myself. We have a fenced yard and bunny proofed it, we allow them to roam free once we are home to watch them. They put themselves up at dusk. Animals are so awesome. I wish you the best with your bunny. What are you naming him/her?
Yes on the milk replacer, he was cold when I found him but warmed up after he got some food and body heat.
Was up at 4 this morning so we had tea together before I headed to work.
We have lots of bunnies in the neighbourhood, sometimes there will be 2 in the small yard at the same time. I spent lots of last fall chucking(gently) the lose babies back into their dens before letting the dogs out. Didn’t seem to make the bunnies to tame to survive as I see one of the litters around. So hopefully this one will thrive here as they have once it’s big enough to be released.

I wasn’t sure I would name it but I called it Wanderer last night maybe it will stick.

Your bunnies sound like they have a pretty ideal life. Safe area to be free yet also security.
Hopefully he will grow strong like yours have. Smile

Kinda need a picture of the bird. Smile
(08-30-2019, 09:56 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Yes on the milk replacer, he was cold when I found him but warmed up after he got some food and body heat.
Was up at 4 this morning so we had tea together before I headed to work.
We have lots of bunnies in the neighbourhood, sometimes there will be 2 in the small yard at the same time.  I spent lots of last fall chucking(gently) the lose babies back into their dens before letting the dogs out. Didn’t seem to make the bunnies to tame to survive as I see one of the litters around. So hopefully this one will thrive here as they have once it’s big enough to be released.

I wasn’t sure I would name it but I called it Wanderer last night maybe it will stick.

Your bunnies sound like they have a pretty ideal life. Safe area to be free yet also security.
Hopefully he will grow strong like yours have. Smile

Kinda need a picture of the bird. Smile

Awwwww Wanderer. I love it! Heart How perfect! Keep me updated and maybe in a week or so post another pic of your friend. Blessings with your Bunny Momship.
Awwww. The bunny picture and Kristina’s story, cool jobs friends. BigSmile Heart