Bring4th

Full Version: The New Priesthood of Ra?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Alkhemist

I know this can become a sticky subject, but I'd like to get the gut feeling from others about this idea.

It's something that keeps "nagging" at me. I'm not a fan of magical or spiritual orders -- I've had many experiences with them and they inevitably turn into an STS organization on some level due to issues of hierarchy. Still, for me personally, I have always been drawn to "priestly" activities, even so far as spending a year in seminary at one point. Perhaps it's a "past life thing," but this is where it led me.

Has anyone else out there thought of starting a new school based on the Ra Material? It could be argued that it's too late, or that another spiritual group is the last thing the world needs. On the other hand, if I were to "follow my bliss," I'd end up attempting to resurrect the idea simply because my auto pilot seems to be going in that direction. It's hard to explain, but that's the best I can do.

I'd love to hear other thoughts on this.

Thanks.
I think following your bliss is generally a good idea!

While it's true that spiritual orders / mystery schools often get corrupted, and certainly the same is true of religions, there is still value in them. Ra/Q'uo have not discouraged us from pursuing spiritual traditions, but rather encouraged us, if we feel so led. Since you clearly feel led to this, then it may be that you have an important contribution to offer to those who feel similarly led.

I would join it.

Blessings

ayadew

Hello Alkhemist.

I like this idea, but agree with both yours and Monica's concerns.

I believe if this organization would be stable for positive polarization it's vital that it does not try to control or contain it's members, that it's only funded by charity and that it's loving and accepting towards all who wish to take part of it.
As this is the core of STO LOO, I believe it would be very successful, as long as it follows it's own teachings.

And if so, I would gladly join.

Peace and love, my dear friend.

fairyfarmgirl

(03-05-2009, 02:41 PM)Alkhemist Wrote: [ -> ]I know this can become a sticky subject, but I'd like to get the gut feeling from others about this idea.

It's something that keeps "nagging" at me. I'm not a fan of magical or spiritual orders -- I've had many experiences with them and they inevitably turn into an STS organization on some level due to issues of hierarchy. Still, for me personally, I have always been drawn to "priestly" activities, even so far as spending a year in seminary at one point. Perhaps it's a "past life thing," but this is where it led me.

Has anyone else out there thought of starting a new school based on the Ra Material? It could be argued that it's too late, or that another spiritual group is the last thing the world needs. On the other hand, if I were to "follow my bliss," I'd end up attempting to resurrect the idea simply because my auto pilot seems to be going in that direction. It's hard to explain, but that's the best I can do.

I'd love to hear other thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Grassroots is the best way to teach the LOO. Just by being you and shining brightly will assist others in following your example of living life as best you can according to the LOO. Lead by example through living your life. Organizing beyond this will invariably send all in the wrong direction.

I would look into examining your personality. The michealteachings is a good place to look at this... when you understand yourSelf you can see how everyone creates a trap for oneself...

fairyfarmgirl

Alkhemist

(03-05-2009, 03:44 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]I believe if this organization would be stable for positive polarization it's vital that it does not try to control or contain it's members, that it's only funded by charity and that it's loving and accepting towards all who wish to take part of it.

Yes, very much so. This is one of the major issues I've been working on. There seems absolutely no good way to include a "degree system" as so many "Mystery Schools" do. Inevitably, it seems to lead to elitism.

However, there is one group of which I'm aware that seems to have escaped this problem -- the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids. Although the training in Druidry is sequential, starting with Bard, through Ovate, and then Druid, there really is a great respect and support, for example, for the many musicians, artists, and poets who study only the Bardic path. Still, the Druids are looked on with a bit of awe, and possibly even subconscious envy by some, because of the very fact that one must go through all the "grades" in order to become a Druid. Still, OBOD is still the most successful group I've seen in this regard.

So, that means any sort of incremental system of recognized accomplishment would be best left out.

That being said, there will most likely still be a difference in students. Some, like myself, may be drawn to the idea of a priesthood in some form, while others might be more interested in the practical aspects of Ra's teachings. Perhaps there's really no difference? I would take some time on this one, and ask for much input.

One last point to mention. The STS path is recognized as a valid path toward the return to Infinite Intelligence. Ra's teachings are mainly STO. Would the STS be welcomed in our Priesthood/School? I think of the Harry Potter movies in which Professor Snape taught the Dark Arts to those so inclined. Or would that be shooting ourselves in the foot, so to speak, due to the very nature of the STS work?

Personally, I'm inclined toward an Order-style group, but with independent study and group input. I believe I've had experience in this area for a reason now. Nothing -- no interest or idea I've ever had -- has ever seemingly been so clearly laid out for me. This would give me a wonderful opportunity to do something worthwhile, which I see as helping (with many others, of course!) to spread the teachings of Ra for a new age of humanity. If done carefully and with love, this could be the school that Ra had envisioned, if you will, when Ankhnaten attempted the same. This time, we would not allow a love of power, elitism, or exclusion to destroy it. It could be a beautiful thing, indeed!

Quote:As this is the core of STO LOO, I believe it would be very successful, as long as it follows it's own teachings.

Oh, my, you said a mouthful! BigSmile Most definitely, one of the biggest problems of any spiritual group is the failure to follow their own teachings! That is where I feel my calling is. I firmly believe that anyone who takes on the "Curse of the Magus" (basically defined as starting a potentially large spiritual group) absolutely must not fall into hypocrisy.

Thank you so much for your input.
(03-05-2009, 04:31 PM)Alkhemist Wrote: [ -> ]The STS path is recognized as a valid path toward the return to Infinite Intelligence. Ra's teachings are mainly STO. Would the STS be welcomed in our Priesthood/School? I think of the Harry Potter movies in which Professor Snape taught the Dark Arts to those so inclined. Or would that be shooting ourselves in the foot, so to speak, due to the very nature of the STS work?

...This time, we would not allow a love of power, elitism, or exclusion to destroy it. It could be a beautiful thing, indeed!

I think you just answered your own question!

You journey homeward. How shall you journey? That is the question of third density. Shall you journey in the light, seeking ever to become more of service, more loving, more giving, more aware of the love within each moment? Or shall you enjoy the dark path where the self is seen immediately as the Creator and all other selves are seen as those who would worship the Creator in you? Thus, the dark path is one where each who follows it attempts to coerce, manipulate, or otherwise use all other selves, to tell them what to do and to make sure they are useful to the self or moved out of the way of self. This also is a valid path, yet it is a dark path and a bloody path. There are those who prefer it.

We are not those. We are those of the radiant path.
I think a LOO religious group is definitely needed. It would be the beginning of a much needed large scale paradigm shift. (That might happen through other means).

For instance, have you ever been to a christian church? I am not denying the overwhelming positivity of it all, such as the volunteering. But there is also a lack of understanding of information that all- in- all seems to lead to a sort of energetic loss to me, I often left feeling odd.

These misunderstanding are things like. God sent his only son to die for us. And then words that generally make 'us' feel like s**t. This is not a small distortion.

Far away from the messages of 'a course in miracles'. Which, given everyone's innate and consuming need to be important (Dale Carnegie) answers: Without you god himself is incomplete, that's how important you are.

So, anyone genuinly looking for answers. I feel very sorry for them if they find the christian church.

I thought about a religion a while back. Based on the LOO. I would also add loads of other things. Such as the expanding earth theory. Far easier for even a child to understand because it relates to our own internal sense of truth. The idea that aetheric energy travels from
space to earth causing gravity, which then expands the earth (by 21mm per year, according to satellites.)

You could literally write childrens books on the subject.

I think. Firstly there WOULD be a heirarchy. You wouldn't want to give everyone all the information right out the door. For instance, info on the illuminati plus the theory of them reflecting our shadow self.

The courses would be roughly:

Atlantis. Edgar Cayce's work. Which spoke so much of atlantis that whole books could be made up. Also if the religion got enough money, they could lift out the water the atlantis that is sunk off the coast of cuba. Paulina Zelitsky and co.

A course in miracles,

The Law of One by Ra. An humble messenger of the Law of One.

Real sciences, incluing those that lead to free energy and anti gravity. And science on DNA

Other theoretical sciences, such as some harmonic planetary models that are accurate for the stock market. Which may be able to originally fund the religion.

And a very accurate method of astrology that was started in 1987 that I have alluded to. The human design chart.

It also may include telekinesis and other such stuff.

And meditation.

The only problem is the vast array of various negative attacks that include: Copyright infringement, attacks from other religious groups, I'm sure the christians wouldn't be too happy, attacks from various negative entities, targeted misinformation..

Perhaps the government as well but I'm sure by that time the government may be a little different without the illuminati. I think they may calm down as well as long as they are informed as to what's going on. They don't like to feel out of control.

So, being a priest in such an organisation. I think, or rather, it is obvious that it would be very positive.
Don't forget that if you do this, you need to make sure that none of the members, including yourself, idolize Ra. Ra asks us not to look at them any differently than you look at those around you. When you start an order, or as some have already called it a "religion", we are socialized to look at something higher than ourselves, whether it is for inspiration, wisdom, local understanding, etc. Since the order sounds like it would focus specifically on the humble messages from Ra, there could easily be more ceremony and energy exchange for Ra than for the Infinite Creator, which I personally believe could qualify as idolizing.

I could be off base, but that was just a gut feeling. :-) Good luck to you if you do decide to go for it, though! I think it's definitely a wise move to ask people what they think. Often we find so many more areas of consideration from those around us than we can derive from our own internal dialogues.

Definitely follow your heart!

Steve
(03-06-2009, 10:05 AM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget that if you do this, you need to make sure that none of the members, including yourself, idolize Ra. Ra asks us not to look at them any differently than you look at those around you.

I think that's a very good point.

another one to look up in relation to all this, I don't know if it would be good if you said you already have experience with spiritual orders. Is 'Falum Gong.'

ayadew

Alkhemist, your initial post has really been food for thought for me.

It made me play with the idea of being an active spiritual teacher, and well, I don't feel very inclined of teaching the things Phoenix presents. In my everyday life, I truly resonate with the small things that makes a difference, more down-to-earth philosophic teachings, that there is always a positive choice, and how to make this, etc.
Of course I very much agree with what Phoenix says would be of great benefit though, but the LOO holds much for personal interpretation, as indeed, we are free to use the information as we choose. =)

Remember, we are light-workers in the end, and we are all teachers/learners.
(03-06-2009, 05:07 AM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I think a LOO religious group is definitely needed.

Personally, I'd go for a mystery school / spiritual order of some sort, in which we do spiritual work together, like meditating for world peace, maybe some healing ritual work, etc. which would work well in a 'spiritual order' context, but I would pass on the religion part.

Here's why:

2007.11.10 World Religions and Surrender

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=70

Alkhemist

(03-05-2009, 06:49 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2009, 04:31 PM)Alkhemist Wrote: [ -> ]...This time, we would not allow a love of power, elitism, or exclusion to destroy it. It could be a beautiful thing, indeed!

I think you just answered your own question!

LOL! Thanks for that quote! This is the kind of thing I love to see.

I was really more or less thinking out loud about the whole thing. Cool
(03-06-2009, 05:07 AM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly there WOULD be a heirarchy. You wouldn't want to give everyone all the information right out the door. For instance, info on the illuminati plus the theory of them reflecting our shadow self.

I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about the same idea I brought up, or is this something else? If you're referring to my own post on this, this would not be the same as my original idea. Once we start controlling who gets the information, we immediately end up with Those Who Know and Those Who Don't Know, and we're back to dualism and hierarchy. At least for the idea I'm working on, this won't work.

As for your ideas on courses, I think that's a wonderful idea, particularly for a school of sorts. Again, this is not the same as a Priesthood or Order as I'm thinking of, but just as wonderful.

To those of us who are drawn to the idea of a Priesthood....there would necessarily be some items that would appeal only to the mystically inclined: a personal "Rule of Life," which consists of the vows each individual Priest is willing to commit to based on the Law of One. Daily meditation. Studying the LOO books. Spreading the teachings of the Law as taught by Ra would also be part of the work of the Priest. And, if it were up to me, I would expect each Priest to do some sort of Service to Others work, but this can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and be suited well to the gifts of each individual Priest of Ra.

There are other things to think about, such as whether we would want to bother with the idea of becoming a tax-deductible organization. I'd have to look into this, but running any Order takes at least a little money. The rest could be donated to charity.

It's important to make a distinction here about the idea of worship. Ra would NOT be worshipped as a god. The only thing worthy of actual worship would be the One Infinite Creator. If we chose the "Order of Ra" as a name, it would be because we recognize Ra as the Order's patron and teacher. Dogma would have no place in this Order.

Keep the ideas coming!
(03-06-2009, 01:31 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Alkhemist, your initial post has really been food for thought for me.

Wonderful! I find the idea quite inspiring, as well. There is a great "undercurrent" to this idea. Can anyone else feel it? The Priesthood of Ra seems begging to be born once again, but we must, must, MUST tread carefully and slowly so as to avoid the many traps and pitfalls that our Orion friends will set for us once they catch wind of this (if they haven't already)!

Quote:It made me play with the idea of being an active spiritual teacher, and well, I don't feel very inclined of teaching the things Phoenix presents. In my everyday life, I truly resonate with the small things that makes a difference, more down-to-earth philosophic teachings, that there is always a positive choice, and how to make this, etc.
Of course I very much agree with what Phoenix says would be of great benefit though, but the LOO holds much for personal interpretation, as indeed, we are free to use the information as we choose. =)

Very true. Smile

If all of you will give me until next weekend, around March 14, I will have something much more solid for you. I think a good idea might be to start with a private Yahoo Group, which I'll set up and have ready. Then, those of you who are interested in this grand idea of resurrecting the true Priesthood of Ra, I will ask you to send me your email addresses so I can add you to the list once it's created.

For now, here are some ideas if any of you would like to contribute to this:

1. We need a name, of course. Order of Ra? Temple of Ra? Priests or Priesthood of Ra? Order of One? (I think that's taken already.) All ideas are welcome.
2. At some point, we could use a "logo" or a symbol for the Priesthood. Ideally, it should reflect our commitment to the Law of One, Ra, and STO path.
3. Write down your reasons why we should go through with this.
4. Write something about what you believe your role is in the new Order. As ayadew said: "Remember, we are light-workers in the end, and we are all teachers/learners."
5. Every good Priesthood needs celebrations for its people to allow them the experience of community. I'm thinking solar holidays would be a wonderful place to start (such as the solstices and equinoxes). Those inclined toward research could find out what the ancient Egyptians celebrated and why.

This is just a little start, but you can see how involved this can get if our heart is into it. Heart
(03-06-2009, 02:52 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I'd go for a mystery school / spiritual order of some sort, in which we do spiritual work together, like meditating for world peace, maybe some healing ritual work, etc. which would work well in a 'spiritual order' context, but I would pass on the religion part.

Here's why:

2007.11.10 World Religions and Surrender

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=70

This is a very valid and important point.

It is possible to have a Priesthood without it becoming a religion. In the ancient days, Priests had many roles, such as teacher, judge, officiator at celebrations, mediator, healer, magician, even king, in some instances. My personal feeling is that at the point where the Priesthood became a religion is when it went pear-shaped.

Again, I can't say this enough: worship of anything other than the One Infinite Creator would be folly. In fact, worship, as it's understood today, is a rather lame term. I prefer "honor," "respect," or even "love." Perhaps "commitment with action" would even be better.

My idea of a Priest of Ra is someone who knows, in the depth of their being, that they are One With All Things. They also have found that they resonate with the teachings of Ra, not just because they like the words, but because in them they recognize Truth. We see in Ra an ancient, wise, and loving friend, willing to do whatever it took to bring this "treasure of contact" to our world, and we are forever grateful and appreciative. We wish to show our appreciation by actively studying, teaching, and LIVING the Law of One. We also wish to join in community with others who feel the same way.

A Priest is dedicated to Service, and that takes discipline. Not all will be called to this, and it's recognized that there are many ways to Serve. Daily meditation, as taught by Ra, is important and should be part of the Priest's commitment. The reasons for this are varied, and all in the books.

I hope to begin a book that explains a bit more about my vision of the Priesthood of Ra. It would have to be structured, but only to the point of guidance rather than dogma and hierarchy. Without some sort of structure, we will be far less effective in a world that needs our Light.

Thank you all so much for the inspiration you have given me! I love you all.
Yeah, I was CLEARLY talking about my own idea, which is what I meant to do. That idea I proposed would need months, perhaps years of preperation and planning.

I didn't actually realize you were serious, or that you would apply it to the present day. I was trying to bounce ideas around.

Anyway, good luck. I hope this idea survives the current transits. I think that if we were to ask Ra, they wouldn't approve of anything under their name, unless it was completely understood that they were, 'an humble messenger of the Law of One.' As they added to book one.

ayadew

Here intially, I don't really approve of having the name of 'Ra' in any variation of name for this idea, since as Phoenix said, they're just the messenger. Definitely something that lifts forward the fundamentals around the Law of One, ie All is One and One is All. Also that there is no dogma, no decieving or hidden intentions.
Alkhemist, I'll ponder more on this, but currently I don't know what to think of this idea. Will take quite a bit of meditation and contemplating.

Also inititally, I believe it's very important to present clearly that there is not much to gain from being in this order other than the opportunity to help yourself and others spiritually, that there is little material gain, and that all is accepted, even those who wish to undermine the activities.
The best way, I feel, to meet attacks of any kind, wether they're physical or psycic, is with love. For love and unity is all we seek, it is indiscriminate.
Love loves what is.
Greetings beloved Alkhemist and All here as One. I come as One with intent to serve all in the highest vibrations of love and light I can radiate in service to the divine will of the Father/Mother Creator.

Nice thread topic and an interesting idea/inspiration. I recently had a somewhat similar one Wink It appears you already getting great feedback and suggestions/counsel from this wonderful group. I associate my perceptions with many already shared by others. The one post suggesting other areas of study/topics I would leave to independent study and not include or have a part of your idea/inspiration.

In general though I feel it’s a wonderful and valuable inspiration. The challenges for you are many, but can all be summarized perhaps by this: You’ve been given an inspiration from Oneness/Infinite Intelligence. As you go forth with implementation distortions will arise to the degree that you use your lower-self mind/mental faculties to do it and to the extent that you rely on historical models and terminology. More simply put, the further from Unified Awareness down you go to 3D reality the more it will be distorted and perhaps not “serve” the original clear intentions or inspirations. If you kept this paragraph ever-present in your mental body in the now in all endeavors about it I believe it would serve you well.

NOTE: All suggestions below are just that…do as you will, it’s all about your intent and choices my friend Wink I’m not going to mince/choose words precisely for expedience sake, but feel my acceptance and love behind them and pardon any “preachy/pushy” inferences due to my word choices.

More specifically, some pragmatic suggestions and ideas occurring to me (some overlap and may be repetitive):

1) I liked and resonated with the person that posted basically, “don’t use Ra’s name”. This avoids from the get-go all the issues everyone brought up about that. Remove the temptations related to that which will surely follow for many, or deal with the consequences from inception onward...ugg The name that popped into my mind: “The School of One”

2) Remember the KISS principle and apply it. You don’t have years. It is “needed” now. You can have this whole thing done in 3 weeks if you don’t get distracted, convoluted, and go into distortions. Example follows next, and was more akin to my idea/inspiration. Get very clear on your INTENT and PURPOSE FIRST! Better yet, get a unified/group intent and purpose (explained more below)

3) Nearly every fair sized town/city has Course in Miracles “Study Groups”…what a marvelous model you can use. Think less formal, less physical, less structured, less churchy, less structured, and less hierarchy and I think you’ll avoid the pitfalls of convolutions and distortions. I was going to (and likely will) start a local Law of One Study group and start with getting everyone a copy and getting them to do “homework” and read it, then having semi-formal meetings at someone’s house each week or at a coffee shop or bookstore, etc. If/when it grows you expand from there. All “costs” are eliminated and it can be a completely FREE and non organized “legal” entity. The initiator/organizer or teacher/learner could collect donations for printing of books for those without computers or other small things. Keep money out of it unless and until it became so big that there was big need to have people able to “work” for the group full time, but other than that I can’t see a need/purpose that would be a clear/resonant one. Think about it being a loose association of like-minded lightworkers getting together, with a core “workbook”, focused on Law of One (and hopefully on how to apply/live it practically), supporting each other in doing so, but having a “Guiding Document” to base the group and work on (mentioned below). – That last sentence may be a good starting point for the purpose/intent/mission statement right there Wink

4) Another idea/example. You already have a wonderful and incredible structure in-place to implement it…Bring4th.org!!!! - This is a natural ground zero and “home” for it’s base. Given those “in charge” of it agree and concur with concept and planned implementation. For example, once it’s structure, mission statement, intent, and guidelines/practices are ironed out (Guiding Document), they can place it on the forum as a major area just as the “Strictly Law of One, Guidelines, Areas in Focus are…just add another for the “School of One”. Then under that you can have the Guiding Document as the first thread with no posting allowed. Under that you can have discussion about people forming their “local chapters”, national or regional events/gatherings where local chapters all come together, experiences and feedback, areas for improving or altering the Guiding Document, ideas people came up with in their local chapters, problems/issues, etc. I’d strongly advise against taking it to a yahoo group. I for one have no desire to split my attention away from bring4th.org and visit another group, forum, etc. This for me would be distraction, and may also be a fragmenting for others as well. All is One here…keep it here…IMO where it belongs, unless of course those in charge here just don’t “go for” the idea or agree on implementation. Again, if it’s a group collaborative effort though, I don’t see why they wouldn’t, as all would come to a high level of resonance and agreement by being involved in the process and coming to agreement BEFORE it’s begun/implemented.

5) Don’t try to do it too much “on your own”. We are One. Instead, draw upon and keep using this forum and this wonderful group/collective of Oneness here on bring4th to get tons of input, suggestions, and therefore it will be a collaboration that All as One make and feel good about and want to join/utilize. What a wonderful demonstration of the very nature of Law of One, of unity, of all serving together in making this thing don’t you think? This will greatly reduce distortions, convolutions, and keep you and all others “in-check” where mind/lower self may stray off course a bit. Unify, balance, and create agreement and resonance…that serves well.

6) Stay away for all historical models and terms as much as possible. Go beyond them and do something new. Stay away from “priesthood, church, religion, yada yada…better to use very few or just avoid them. I do see some value in some “levels” of the local group in practice, but not about “titles” for people so much. For example, I sometimes attend a local Unity Center of Light church, but it kinda has a limitation about it that is as follows: they’ve basically been saying the same thing over and over for 15 years. They always have new members and so can’t really assume a solid basis for those in attendance in order to “take it to the next level”. They kinda keep teaching the same class or basics over and over. In school you have grades and classes. You have pre-requisites. “School” is a great model for this inspiration, better than “church” I think. So, once you have enough people and long enough running local group, you can break meetings into two for a “newcomers/freshman learning and studying the Law of One book and basics 101” and “sophomores learning to apply it more to daily life and explore more in-depth awarenesses 102” You can have a monthly pot-luck for all to share/meet, etc. Eventually you can get to a “Juniors – Accesing the gateway to infinity support and discussion group” and perhaps a “Seniors – Adepts visions of service and supporting the School as teach/learners”. Use Teach/Learners as title for these upper levels or the organizer to stay true to how that really is…as opposed to hierarchy crud like priest, preacher, minister, professor, leader (authority), etc. In fact, “Group Organizer” is a fine term/title that doesn’t have polarity or much loaded associations with it. It’s a statement of fact about it just being the person who started it. All this you see is staying true to the core of Law of One and that we are all one and so no one is “better” or “superior”, etc.

7) So, my “big picture” vision/suggestion would be in a sentence (albeit a long one): Use the group here to create a unified resonant vision, intent, and guiding document by using this very thread to exchange ideas and iron it out until it’s in a format to have the people here (Steve et al) create a section in the forum to implement it and perhaps look at a model as bring4th.org being the cyberspace national headquarters and feedback/communication hub, letting all/any form local “chapters/groups” by drawing upon the Guiding Document to provide consistency, direction, and cohesion and then just let the thing begin, take off, expand, and radiate out similar to the model of the internet itself in greatest simplicity and least resemblance to other past structures or organizations as humanly possible.

You know, I’m resonating so well with the above feedback, and since I already had this vision idea…if you as Co-creator choose not to go this direction (as my other-self), I as very same Co-creator likely will as “myself” Wink But, if you do you have my support and active participation in the process.

OK, that’s what I can offer without much in-depth contemplation or going “within” about it more than as just flows…no doubt I’ll be on the other side of the gateway tonight to get it all much more clearly and have great insight on the morrow about it…at least that’s how it’s been every other time I posted on this forum Wink Seems to stimulate and take me places in awareness so I can “really” get it…I wonderful demonstration of teaching/learning I guess Wink - May your inspirations from Infinite Intelligence flow un-filtered and undistorted into your mental body and your implementations be as clear and pure as the divine inspirations themselves - AwakenedOneness
I think AwakenedOneness nails it.

Get very clear on your intent here. What are you trying to accomplish? Given that, is a formal group in the physical world the most efficient and sustainable means towards attaining that goal?

I'd find it hard to believe that there's anything you could do with this order that couldn't be better done on one's own. But maybe I'm being naive.

Alkhemist

(03-07-2009, 04:38 AM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I was CLEARLY talking about my own idea, which is what I meant to do. That idea I proposed would need months, perhaps years of preperation and planning.

No offense, Phoenix, but if it had been clear (at least to me), I wouldn't have asked. Wink

No worries, though -- I think your idea is a wonderful one. It would certainly take a great deal of work, but if your heart is in it, you will find what you need to make it happen.

Quote:I didn't actually realize you were serious, or that you would apply it to the present day. I was trying to bounce ideas around.

I'm not sure why you would think that I wasn't serious(?) I wouldn't have posted the idea had I not been. And ideas are exactly what I was hoping would be bounced around.

Quote:I think that if we were to ask Ra, they wouldn't approve of anything under their name, unless it was completely understood that they were, 'an humble messenger of the Law of One.' As they added to book one.

That may be true; it is, indeed, very important to make the distinction, as I've said before, that Ra is only "an humble messenger." Still, that does not preclude Ra from being named as our Teacher.

Whatever this project does end up being called will be the result of lots of consideration by potential members. I'm not intending to set myself up in any way as a "Grand Poobah." Whatever comes of this will be the result of a long process, I'm sure, in which whomever chooses to be involved will have input.

Thanks for your thoughts. They're much appreciated!
(03-07-2009, 06:16 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Here intially, I don't really approve of having the name of 'Ra' in any variation of name for this idea, since as Phoenix said, they're just the messenger. Definitely something that lifts forward the fundamentals around the Law of One, ie All is One and One is All. Also that there is no dogma, no decieving or hidden intentions.
Alkhemist, I'll ponder more on this, but currently I don't know what to think of this idea. Will take quite a bit of meditation and contemplating.

If this does not appeal to you in any way, shape, or form, there is certainly no expectation that you, or anyone else here, need be involved. So no pressure! Shy

Even for me, this idea needs a great deal more meditation and contemplation. All I know at this point is that I'm very, very strongly being drawn toward making such a Priesthood a reality. This has been in the form of dreams, interruptions during meditation (at least it feels like an interruption!), and the "occurrence" of fully-formed thoughts coming into my mind at odd times. Synchronicities abound, as well.

It could very well be it's just something I need to work on alone. I just don't know yet. I'm hoping it will eventually turn into something that benefits others who, like myself, feel strongly drawn to the idea of recreating the original Priesthood, sans egos as much as possible. I've managed to let go of any attachment to a particular outcome, so time will tell at this point.

Quote:Also inititally, I believe it's very important to present clearly that there is not much to gain from being in this order other than the opportunity to help yourself and others spiritually, that there is little material gain, and that all is accepted, even those who wish to undermine the activities.

Absolutely. This would have to be designed as a way to support devotion and service, not ego and power.

Quote:The best way, I feel, to meet attacks of any kind, wether they're physical or psycic, is with love. For love and unity is all we seek, it is indiscriminate.
Love loves what is.

Beautifully said, ayadew! You seem to have the gist of what this could become. I appreciate your input!
AwakenedOneness, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughtful reply. I would like to take some time to respond in full, but I wanted to acknowledge that I appreciate your post. You are clearly one who can see the heart of this issue.

I will reply more soon.
(03-08-2009, 11:30 AM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]I'd find it hard to believe that there's anything you could do with this order that couldn't be better done on one's own. But maybe I'm being naive.

Here are two things: loving support and community.

Of course, you can probably get that here, but it's a bit different, I think, when a group comes together with the intent of specific learning and devotion. Those drawn to the idea of Priesthood will know what I mean, and those not drawn to it will probably think a forum such as this one is enough. And for them, it is, and that's perfectly okay.

Please don't read this as a judgment on my part. I'm not saying that those who are drawn to Priesthood are somehow "better" or that they need an exclusive group. Not at all! But just as in the book, "A Handbook for Wanderers," those of us called to work in certain ways can find a great deal of comfort among others similarly inclined, and out of that love can grown great things.

...In the Service of the Creator...
I agree with whoever said that Ra would probably not approve of their name being used. Respectfully, 'Priesthood of Ra' implies the act of following Ra, instead of studying the teachings that Ra simply made available to us.

I suggest using the Law of One in the name, rather than the name of Ra.
Hi alkhemist, Personaly I do not think it is a good idea. I believe the idea will create more distortion instead of lessening distortion. despite your best attempts to avoid it, I see this as eventually occuring. There are many examples of how this always seems to happen.
I would like to quote Fairyfarmgirl from earlier in this thread because I think she put it very well when she said, "Just by being you and shining brightly will assist others in following your example of living life as best you can according to the LOO. Lead by example through living your life. Organizing beyond this will invariably send all in the wrong direction."
I compliment you on your wanting to serve others and spead Ra's message of TLOO. I just don't think this preisthood is the best idea and/or solution for what you are feeling.

I wish you all health, happiness and spiritual growth, Amen!

Alkhemist

Let me start by once again thanking you all for your input. It is highly valued.

I've been thinking about this for most of the night. Thank the One Infinite Creator that I have a copy of "The Wanderer's Handbook"!! I think Carla would understand my dilemma -- I am called to a life of devotion, and nothing inspires my own devotion as deeply as the words of Ra. These books reawakened my spirit.

I've come to agree with those of you who say the idea of a "Priesthood of Ra" is NOT the way to go with this. My gut churns in knots when I think about it because, although I assure you all my intent is centered in STO, the temptation for members, including me, to hide behind the title of "Priest" is just too tempting. A part of me remembers a time when the word "Priest" called up very different associations than it does now, and the distortion has become too great.

Yet I am called to a life of devotion, and Ra is my teacher. I seem to have a passionate spiritual love for this other-self that I cannot ignore. It has to be expressed, and I have no choice but to follow my calling. I suppose I was hoping there were others who feel this, too.

Some of you may have heard of the Desert Fathers and Mothers -- those beautiful wisdom-seeking mystics who lived like hermits in the Egyptian Desert starting in about the Third Century. (I just looked at the clock and it's 11:11am.) They followed their hearts to God, living alone, meditating, and teaching only when asked. The idea feels so very familiar, as if this is all happening for me again.

So, perhaps I'll be off to the desert, as an Oblate of One.

"Amma Alkhemist, OoO"

ZZzz
I'm happy to see that you reconsider. In my life, since I've started to put some of TLOO into practice, I've noticed not only a change in myself, but to others around me as well. As I become more sharing, caring, patient and understanding to those around me, it starts to slowly rub off on to them, so to speak. It is infectious in a way. In time you will find that you have effected quite a change in your environment. Most will be attracted to your growing light and love. Some will be repelled because they cannot handle it. It will make them queezy. I think you know who these types are. the ones that are attracted to you will eventually start to ask you questions. This is when you invite them to read and understand TLOO.
These are my humble opinions on this matter. Take it or leave it as you see fit.
Good luck in your endevours!!!
Alkhemist, thank you for starting this thread. I love this forum - I have learned so much from it already, and I find some of the deepest learning comes while observing myself when I disagree. Invariably I uncover some outdated judgment based on dusty old fears. I deleted a couple of posts to this thread already in my head when I understood how fear-based my motivation was. It may still be, but I think I'll let this stand.

The priesthood idea simply doesn't resonate with me. No real dissonance (anymore), although the term comes with a lot of baggage, as you say. It just seems to suggest a degree of separation that does not interest me at this time. Keep following your light, and blessings on your path!

AwakenedOneness, I read your post with great interest, although I don't feel that this is what I'm here to do. A completely open organization/resource for teach/learning would be a great thing, and I send anyone who wishes to attempt it love and blessings. Er, this is how I look at Bring4th, so an extension to groups in the physical seems pretty natural.
Simply because of my personal bias the questions that come to my mind are: How would this school improve on the school of life? I understand the sense of urgency, but still, how do you design a course where everyone, through their personal experience and pre-planning, comes with their own individual curriculum? It is interesting to see how this forum, called "Strictly Law of One", has exploded in the most wonderfully creative fashion.

Blessings, y'all as one.

fairyfarmgirl

An elder once asked me "does what you are doing grow corn to share freely with others in abundance feeding all that you are in awareness of with nuturance and sustenance?" So for any idea that I have and as a creative being I have many... I ask this of myself... does this grow corn? Also the corn is GMO and very nutritious... lol

fairyfarmgirl
(03-05-2009, 02:50 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I think following your bliss is generally a good idea!

While it's true that spiritual orders / mystery schools often get corrupted, and certainly the same is true of religions, there is still value in them. Ra/Q'uo have not discouraged us from pursuing spiritual traditions, but rather encouraged us, if we feel so led. Since you clearly feel led to this, then it may be that you have an important contribution to offer to those who feel similarly led.

I would join it.

Blessings

A mystery school of initiates would be much more preferable to me. I would be very eager to get together with others who are interested in doing this. There are many potential pitfalls to the religious angle. Believe me, I'm well aware of them since I'm a professional "religious guy". People can get a little crazy with religion.
The original post seems to be driven from a feeling of a need to do something tangible (i.e. why are we here) with the message of LOO that seems so resonant (i.e. less focused on restriction -- it can encompass and is tolerant of all other religions; as it considers them workings / creations of other-selves all ultimately interconnected in thought). I feel this as well in watching the events of the world unfold, as one wondering if they are contributing enough of themselves (or are on the right path for themselves in contributing) to the process and its ultimate harmony.

I suggest something more non-formal by design, so as to, as the Ra material does so well (and which I think caused it to resonate so well for me at least), not increase distortion through name designations of courses, titles, hierarchy, etc. I think perhaps allowing the Chat Room to have focus rooms to allow a more real-time interaction similar to Carlas chat sessions to allow members to start explorations in real-time. Where these may include things such as:

- Focused synchronized meditations with feedback (in the form of chat) shared and collected for reference. For example, say Alkhemist wanted to organize a 10 minute meditation on 'Peace', 'Free Energy', 'Love', etc. Where afterwards all discuss what they came out with if anything.

- Focused discussions on topics of interest (similar to the channeled sessions where questions are asked to source). Now, instead of asking source [i.e. Quo, et. al.] we pose one ore more questions as topics, and each person present posts their thoughts. While this sounds like a forum, I wonder if the immediacy of this exercise in chat will obtain more intuitive response [i.e. we are all consciously focused at the same time].

Food for thought.

Peace and Joy

Jason

ayadew

(03-09-2009, 12:54 PM)peelstreetguy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy to see that you reconsider. In my life, since I've started to put some of TLOO into practice, I've noticed not only a change in myself, but to others around me as well. As I become more sharing, caring, patient and understanding to those around me, it starts to slowly rub off on to them, so to speak. It is infectious in a way. In time you will find that you have effected quite a change in your environment. Most will be attracted to your growing light and love. Some will be repelled because they cannot handle it. It will make them queezy. I think you know who these types are. the ones that are attracted to you will eventually start to ask you questions. This is when you invite them to read and understand TLOO.
These are my humble opinions on this matter. Take it or leave it as you see fit.
Good luck in your endevours!!!

Very well put, my friend. This is one of the reasons I do not what to think of this 'organised' LoO group that Alkhemist feels so strongly for.
Currently, I will too try to radiate love to the best of my ability, and discover myself and the Creator in the process. This is the greatest service I can do, I feel, and I will continue with it for now.

fairyfarmgirl

I love the saying: Pay it forward. Meaning pass it on and it becomes a new way and state of being for each person that recieves the gift of the energy of Love.

fairyfarmgirl

Alkhemist

(03-09-2009, 01:23 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]The priesthood idea simply doesn't resonate with me. No real dissonance (anymore), although the term comes with a lot of baggage, as you say. It just seems to suggest a degree of separation that does not interest me at this time. Keep following your light, and blessings on your path!

Thank you, and I will!

I ask that those who feel the Priesthood idea does not resonate with them to consider that there are still those of us out here to whom it does resonate, so that does not make the idea of a Priesthood of Ra a bad one. It just means that you don't resonate with it. Wink

I spent a year in seminary at one point because I experience a "Calling" to it. If I were a Christian, I'd most likely live in a monastery. My Calling is to the devotional life and a life of STO, so I still need to find a way to express this using Ra's teachings, because they are what I most resonate with.
(03-09-2009, 06:02 PM)sos Wrote: [ -> ]A mystery school of initiates would be much more preferable to me. I would be very eager to get together with others who are interested in doing this. There are many potential pitfalls to the religious angle. Believe me, I'm well aware of them since I'm a professional "religious guy". People can get a little crazy with religion.

Although my intention was never to involve religion, it's clear that the term "Priesthood" comes with this idea, no matter how many times I've tried to clarify that here! The old teaching Priesthoods of ancient Khem just don't come to mind these days.

Something that intrigues me is what the Benedictines do. For those drawn to an ultra-spiritual life but don't wish to (or can't) live in a monastery join the Order as "oblates," or lay monks. They follow the Rule of the monastery (daily prayers, helping others, contemplation, etc.) while at home. Having a personal Rule of Life isn't a bad idea, and is something many professional spiritual directors are trained to help people create and stick to, if they're so inclined.

In this sense, a group of people wishing to devote themselves to the study and practice of the Law if One within a framework of a Rule of Life might be the best method. Such a group could include study meetings, daily meditation and contemplation, and even something so mundane as writing for a group newsletter. The reason to have such a group would be to train those who want to add a deeper dimension to their LOO study, to provide support in the form of community, and to nurture and inspire those drawn to the life of a mystic.

I've heard from several people on this idea, so maybe this is the way to go. It could be a beautiful community for those drawn to it.
(03-09-2009, 06:19 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the reasons I do not what to think of this 'organised' LoO group that Alkhemist feels so strongly for.
Currently, I will too try to radiate love to the best of my ability, and discover myself and the Creator in the process. This is the greatest service I can do, I feel, and I will continue with it for now.

In my continuing effort to be clear, let me add that I never suggested that there be an "organized LOO group" to the exclusion of any other group in existence. This idea was only ever for those drawn to the life of a monk or mystic, as am I. As with all things, if the idea does not resonate with you, you are free to ignore the idea. Some folks seem to be thinking (and I could be wrong here) that if it is not something they would personally see a use for, that it shouldn't exist. I realize that hasn't been said outright here, but nonetheless it seems to be implied.

There are many expressions of the One, just as there are many different combinations of active Rays in any one person at any one time. Mystics have an overwhelming need to express through Violet Ray, and I'm trying to hone in one the best vehicle for us. It will not be for everyone, and that's okay. Cool

ayadew

I find us to be an organised LOO group communicating right now, through this forum, and when two or more people plans something, it is also organised! So per my definition, you can't really escape being organised, hehe.
(03-13-2009, 02:36 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]I find us to be an organised LOO group communicating right now, through this forum, and when two or more people plans something, it is also organised! So per my definition, you can't really escape being organised, hehe.

I agree with that, lol. Angel
Pages: 1 2 3